Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:09 PM

Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia (64037 Views)

Groom Beats Master Of Ceremony For Refusing To Play 'Worldly Songs' In Zimbabwe / Lady Dancing With A Man At Burial Ceremony. See Photos / Obituary Poster Of Okwudili Ayotanze Who Was Executed In Indonesia Recently. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 30, 2015
Painful
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by 989900: 3:49pm On Apr 30, 2015
"For all men have sinned, and fall short of God's glory."

If we all have to pay for every sin we've committed, we'll all probably be maimed, dead, or doing prison sentences.

Drugs is bad business still, an absolutely f00lish one at that for those trafficking to countries like Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Saudi and e.t.c.

1 Like

Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by kingthreat(m): 3:52pm On Apr 30, 2015
MRBrownJ:

what you wrote is the reason why so many people are foolishly doing crime.....NONSENSE! all what you wrote above is wrong, and we should view it as what it is, instead of believing that because a few did succeed, it should be ok. maybe we should also look at armed roobers who kill innocent people to rob them and view it positively as well?!

well then maybe that dumbass who had unprotected sex should have done what is RIGHT, instead of doing the wrong things expecting a positive outcome, just because a few were LUCKY in the past.

Lets face it. i am not exonerating crime. But drug trafficking is a crime that many people have fallen to due to frustration. You cannot compare it to armed robbery. The latter involves direct murder while drug trafficking is promoting an addiction that MAY to death Of the user. Many people who indulge are unaware of its dangers. Okwudili made a mistake based on the choices he had and took a easy path based on greed. 50% of people make such choices too. Having to pay with his life is unfortunate. This was in 1998, when he was in his early 20s with a lot of youthful exuberance.

Trying to claim self-righteousness over this is very unfair. We all make mistakes at some points in life. No one is infallible.

8 Likes

Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by WILSON(f): 3:54pm On Apr 30, 2015
SELLING OF DRUG IS BAD BUT IN EVERYTHING, WE ARE GRATEFUL THEY HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO REPENT. THEY WERE INFORMED BY THEIR LAWYERS AND THEY GOT PREPARED. I HEARD THEY REFUSED TO BE BLINDFOLDED. THEY FACE THE EXECUTIONERS FACE TO FACE AND WERE ALL SINGING AMAZING GRACE TILL THEY BREATH THEIR LAST BREATH. THE FG SHOULD TRY AND CREATE JOBS. WHEN YOU HAVE SPENT YEARS IN THE UNIVERSITY AND HAVE NO JOB THE DEVIL CAN TEMPT YOU. MAY GOD HELP NIGERIA. IMAGINE DIAMOND BAND DROP 1000 WORKERS. NO BE STREET THEM DON ENTER SO? undecided

6 Likes

Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by cerzo(m): 3:55pm On Apr 30, 2015
People Die Everyday..Hustle Continues...Get Rich Or Die Trying..
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by Eyepencil: 3:55pm On Apr 30, 2015
nortcentrallord:
It's even more touching to hear the sang the song ' Amazing grace' on their last walk to the 'valley of death' before being executed. I pray God have mercy on their souls. Amen.
So touching

1 Like

Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by zubby29(m): 3:56pm On Apr 30, 2015
VERY SAD MAY DER SOULS REST IN PEACE,BUT PLEASE LETS DNT DO DRUGS,BEFR ANY1 DECIDES TO COMMITE SUICIDE BY TAKING DRUGS TO DOS ASIAN COUNTRIES TINK ABT D SHAME AND PAINS U R CAUSING UR FAMILY

1 Like

Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by Decryptor(m): 3:56pm On Apr 30, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Only if you guys have lost kids to drugs

I will train my kids to know the ills of drug use just like my parents did during my youth! I lived in a compound where weed was wrapped, smoked and sold daily during my secondary school days where i went to write an exam for over 3 months but i never smoked it!

It is like saying that prostitutes and unmarried couples who cohabit should face the firing squad because some people lost their kids to AIDS!

Use your brain dude!

8 Likes

Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by Rapmoney(m): 3:59pm On Apr 30, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Crime na Crime.

Don't defend evil.

Are u that holy? Some people just like to claim 'holy' and dem bad pass diz ones wey die so! U wy dey fiok people wife, steal, etc, na u better pass. He who is without sin, let him cast the first stone!!!

1 Like

Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by BlackTechnology: 4:04pm On Apr 30, 2015
Rapmoney:
Are u that holy? Some people just like to claim 'holy' and dem bad pass diz ones wey die so! U wy dey fiok people wife, steal, etc, na u better pass. He who is without sin, let him cast the first stone!!!

You think Indonesia is like Nigeria that condoles nonsense

Only if you know how many kids have lost their lives to hard drugs. grin
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by Akuneshiobike(m): 4:05pm On Apr 30, 2015
The guy is in heaven rejoicing.
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by haibe(m): 4:05pm On Apr 30, 2015
jhidey08:
better ways such as it's not as if dey didn't know d penalty for carrying drugs in Indonesia. Hon. Abike Dabiri said u can't take 5 steps in Indonesian airports without seeing d inscription "penalty for drug carrying is death". U know how many lives av been wasted cos of d consumption of heroine Dis is not heartlessness, it is d fact.
dude inflicting pains on someone before death is cruel, there is no way to justify that.. I never said death penalty is wrong but at least let them die peacefully. . Losing yoir life is enough punishment
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by Samirana360(m): 4:06pm On Apr 30, 2015
They hav a better chance of making heaven
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by BlackTechnology: 4:06pm On Apr 30, 2015
WILSON:
SELLING OF DRUG IS BAD BUT IN EVERYTHING, WE ARE GRATEFUL THEY HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO REPENT. THEY WERE INFORMED BY THEIR LAWYERS AND THEY GOT PREPARED. I HEARD THEY REFUSED TO BE BLINDFOLDED. THEY FACE THE EXECUTIONERS FACE TO FACE AND WERE ALL SINGING AMAZING GRACE TILL THEY BREATH THEIR LAST BREATH. THE FG SHOULD TRY AND CREATE JOBS. WHEN YOU HAVE SPENT YEARS IN THE UNIVERSITY AND HAVE NO JOB THE DEVIL CAN TEMPT YOU. MAY GOD HELP NIGERIA. IMAGINE DIAMOND BAND DROP 1000 WORKERS. NO BE STREET THEM DON ENTER SO? undecided

Word of wisdom

We all must strive to create jobs in order to help others out of poverty/unemployment. cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by Reptyle(m): 4:08pm On Apr 30, 2015
Very touching story. I wish he had gotten his second chance.

Yet he is luckier than some of us will ever be...he got a chance to make his peace with God and is guaranteed eternal peace.

A lot of us wont get that opportunity.

May God rest his soul.

1 Like

Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by konsider: 4:09pm On Apr 30, 2015
only God b all d glory.....not a good news @ all in a time like this.....But....God will continue to project we d living towards a much beter life

1 Like

Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by RottenTomato: 4:10pm On Apr 30, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Crime na Crime.

Don't defend evil.

You are the biggest fool that I've ever come across in life!!! I spit on u!!! Tufia!
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by Nobody: 4:12pm On Apr 30, 2015
Apex32:
I really felt bad for him angry may God accept his soul nd grant him eternal rest

I knoww!
I have been so upset about it since
May they RIP

(aside, I am happy I never saw that Aluu 4 video...I would have been a mess...this one and the SA and Italy downings have been tearing me apart)
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by mooremedia: 4:14pm On Apr 30, 2015
Rebarobyn:
Even if they had to insist on the death sentence I just feel firing squad is gruesome, same with hanging and electric chair...can't they inject them to deep sleep and put them to death while they're unconscious or something?
My sentiments exactly. .....now they can't even behold his body.
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by BlackTechnology: 4:15pm On Apr 30, 2015
RottenTomato:
You are the biggest fool that I've ever come across in life!!! I spit on u!!! Tufia!

You can alleviate yourself from poverty by carrying drugs to Indonesia.

Yeye dey smell

angry

1 Like

Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by Nobody: 4:15pm On Apr 30, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Crime na Crime.

Don't defend evil.

no one is defending evil just saying that the punishment is unfair .
yes he was a drug dealer but if the demand wasnt their am sure he wouldn't have gone their.they should also kill those using drugs.
besides this is just govt hypocrisy . indonesia is one of the most corrupt countries on Gods green earth as of 2011 the lost over $200 million yet the dont execute corrupt politicians who are causing more harm to their country.
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by BlackTechnology: 4:17pm On Apr 30, 2015
eduj:

yes he was a drug dealer but if the demand wasnt their am sure he wouldn't have gone their.they should also kill those using drugs.
besides this is just govt hypocrisy . indonesia is one of the most corrupt countries on Gods green earth as of 2011 the lost over $200 million yet the dont execute corrupt politicians who are causing more harm to their country.

Don't do drugs

Lots of kids have lost their lives to hard drugs

Try to understand the other side of the divide. angry
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by MRBrownJ: 4:17pm On Apr 30, 2015
kingthreat:
Lets face it. i am not exonerating crime. But drug trafficking is a crime that many people have fallen to due to frustration. You cannot compare it to armed robbery.The latter involves direct murder while drug trafficking is promoting an addiction that MAY to death Of the user.

both are crime that ends up with DEATH......whether you do the killing yourself or sell the poison that will kill others, it is the same thing.

Many people who indulge are unaware of its dangers.

come on bro, dont make these people look innocent, any person with a brain knows that if someone asks you to carry a package to a foreign country, in return for a lot of money, then it is probably drugs (or worse). stop trying to paint these criminals as innocent people, and rather look at them for who/what they truly are: greedy impatient foolish people who thought they could cut corner and get riches fast, instead of doing it like the gazillions out there.

Okwudili made a mistake based on the choices he had and took a easy path based on greed. 50% of people make such choices too. Having to pay with his life is unfortunate. This was in 1998, when he was in his early 20s with a lot of youthful exuberance.

so now being young should excuse your stoopid actions? i know gazillions of young people out there who choose the right (slower) path. it is an insult to all the people who are doing it the hardway to making it look like these criminals didnt have a choice. we ALL have a choice, but some people are not willing to do whats right. why should they pay for their actions? they MUST, however hard the punishment may be.

Trying to claim self-righteousness over this is very unfair. We all make mistakes at some points in life. No one is infallible.

yes we all do make mistakes, and we should ALL accept the consequences of our mistakes. death is the direct consequence of their actions, why do you even try to defend them?! i will never feel a bit sorry for criminals who are knowingly and selfishly killing millions in order to enrich themselves. just because we are all sinners doesnt mean we have to defend these people. whats next?!

as far as i am concern, may they all rot in hell.
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by ElFenomeno1: 4:18pm On Apr 30, 2015
RIP Okwudili.... Just like I will say to anyone who dies.
I have no sympathy for drug pushers, dealers and peddlers
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by Lilimax(f): 4:20pm On Apr 30, 2015
ceasarDemperor:
some people are still talking rubbish about this guy(s). they might have probably made heaven, what is more joyful and rewarding than that?
So true cos they have ample times to reconcile with their Creator. So many of may not have this chance even these days that sudden death abounds.

May he rest in peace. Amen.
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by kingthreat(m): 4:22pm On Apr 30, 2015
MRBrownJ:

both are crime that ends up with DEATH......whether you do the killing yourself or sell the poison that will kill others, it is the same thing.

come on bro, dont make these people look innocent, any person with a brain knows that if someone asks you to carry a package to a foreign country, in return for a lot of money, then it is probably drugs (or worse). stop trying to paint these criminals as innocent people, and rather look at them for who/what they truly are: greedy impatient foolish people who thought they could cut corner and get riches fast, instead of doing it like the gazillions out there.

so now being young should excuse your stoopid actions? i know gazillions of young people out there who choose the right (slower) path. it is an insult to all the people who are doing it the hardway to making it look like these criminals didnt have a choice. we ALL have a choice, but some people are not willing to do whats right. why should they pay for their actions? they MUST, however hard the punishment may be.

yes we all do make mistakes, and we should ALL accept the consequences of our mistakes. death is the direct consequence of their actions, why do you even try to defend them?! i will never feel a bit sorry for criminals who are knowingly and selfishly killing millions in order to enrich themselves. just because we are all sinners doesnt mean we have to defend these people. whats next?!

as far as i am concern, may they all rot in hell.

Judge not so ye may not be judged. That's all i have got to say to you.
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by MRBrownJ: 4:23pm On Apr 30, 2015
eduj:

well i guess we should now defend people who are kidnapping and killing children in Nigeria for rituals, since there is a demand for it, right?
btw: is corruption a crime punishable by death in Indonesia?
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by hensben(m): 4:23pm On Apr 30, 2015
embarassed cry embarassed
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by Nobody: 4:23pm On Apr 30, 2015
[quote author=Matttthew post=33278614]I tayad for all of una.....
I don't feel a pint pity for dem all.
They all got what they planted.

To you others that are still involved in the drugs here or anywhere......

U might have to change or things worse than this might happen to you as well......

One day monkey go go market n no go return.....

I only thank God for the one dah got converted and wish him Heaven Straight.

Exactly.....[/quote
Jesus cant believe niggas still be thinking like this.i bet u have done things that can get u killed in say islamist countries.the fact that ur alive doesnt mean u deserve to more than that guy.show some humanity en think about ur life it wont cost u much.its heartless men like u ruling naija that are driving our youths to their deaths in the first pkace
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by MRBrownJ: 4:25pm On Apr 30, 2015
kingthreat:

Judge not so ye may not be judged. That's all i have got to say to you.

stop this religious nonsense....... if that was the case then we should not have laws, court or even judges in this world, and instead we should use bible to rule this world. BWAAAAAAH HIGHLY LAUGHABLE!

1 Like

Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by Nobody: 4:25pm On Apr 30, 2015
BlackTechnology:
may such visit your family too,heartless animal,may the messenger of death visit you soon

Crime na Crime.

Don't defend evil.

Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 30, 2015
onila:
the wages of sin is death
that same bible says for we all have sinned and come short of the glory of GOD in another instance jesus said let him whom is without sin cast the first stone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Rent Canopy For Event / White People Dress As Blacks And Carry Nigerian Flag For Halloween (Pic) / Nigerian Couple Release Pre-Wedding Photo Shot inside Toilet with Groom 'Pooing'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.