Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,878 members, 7,802,831 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:50 PM

Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia - Events (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia (64007 Views)

Groom Beats Master Of Ceremony For Refusing To Play 'Worldly Songs' In Zimbabwe / Lady Dancing With A Man At Burial Ceremony. See Photos / Obituary Poster Of Okwudili Ayotanze Who Was Executed In Indonesia Recently. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by Nobody: 4:28pm On Apr 30, 2015
kingthreat:
Pictures from the burial of Okwudili Oyatanze who was executed in Indonesia for Drug Trafficking. Became reformed in indonesian prisons and turned a gospel singer. He admitted his mistakes and all he asked was for a second chance.
May his soul rest in peace.

GEJ admin can lie........................
YESTERDAY WE READ A MESSAGE FROM THE PRESIDENCY STATING THAT THE FED GOVT. HAS REQUESTED FOR THE REMAINS OF THESE EXECUTED FOLKS BE BROUGHT HOME. NOW, WE R SEEING BURIAL CONTRARY TO THE NEWS FROM THE MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS.

im not in anyway supporting or related to the victims but i think we should have a govt. that give accurate information to her citizens.
If not for sahara Reporters, we will still hoping or believing the crap that we have the best soldiers in Africa.

........................................................... this was statement released by fed govt. earlier today
Federal Government Orders Bodies Of Four Nigerians Executed In Indonesia
https://www.nairaland.com/2285201/federal-government-orders-bodies-four

2 Likes

Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by MRBrownJ: 4:30pm On Apr 30, 2015
some people here are clearly not understanding the issue here...... it doesnt matter if we have done something wrong in the past and got away with it, the LAW stays the same. so if you go to China, abide by the China laws or face the punishment, same with any other country you go to.

Now, if your actions are legal in one country but illegal in another then STICK TO THE LAWS OF THE COUNTRY WHERE YOU FIND YOURSELF (or face their punishment). et voila!

3 Likes

Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by Nobody: 4:31pm On Apr 30, 2015
chax100:
30 Indonesians die daily as a result of drug. It was a tough decision by the Indonesian government but the executions should serve as a deterrent to drug offenders round the world. Say no to drugs! Think and own up to the consequence if you believe pushing drug is worth the cash. RIP TO THE DEAD.
how many die in indonesia because of corruption?isnt that enuff to kill corrupt politicians?
besides the put gun for pesin head to take drug? no be willingly dem guys the take am out of corruption induced poverty d die?
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by Olufemiolaolu(m): 4:31pm On Apr 30, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Crime na Crime.
Don't defend evil.

Angel BlackTechnology i hail oooooo grin
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by Nobody: 4:33pm On Apr 30, 2015
Moukafoam:
Untill the igbo learnt not to push their children to the extreme because of mo ey this drug peddlers won't stop.

You refuse to send them to school yet you want them to build mansion over night? angry
who told u only igbos peddle drugs?
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by xreal: 4:35pm On Apr 30, 2015
law and enforcement.

the law was simply enforced.
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by LAX89(m): 4:36pm On Apr 30, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Only if you guys have lost kids to drugs

Which is why you should bring up your kids in a manner that excludes using drugs. Many people have been killed by drunk drivers, and guns. should we also execute brewery owners, and gun manufacturers? It is demand/need that drives supply of drugs.
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by Holatunde007(m): 4:37pm On Apr 30, 2015
kingthreat:
Pictures from the burial of Okwudili Oyatanze who was executed in Indonesia for Drug Trafficking. Became reformed in indonesian prisons and turned a gospel singer. He admitted his mistakes and all he asked was for a second chance.

Thou they face death while alive, but @all do knw that's d greatest opportunity to make heaven knwing fully well they will executed, I believe they would hav settled all their sins wt God......unlike those that never carry any drug, and yet after death they never make heaven
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by BlackTechnology: 4:38pm On Apr 30, 2015
Olufemiolaolu:
Angel BlackTechnology i hail oooooo grin

Demon Olufemiolaolu I fear you oooooooo undecided

1 Like

Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by Nobody: 4:39pm On Apr 30, 2015
blackmann:
[b]Let's all take the wool off our eyes for a moment and see what it is really. You can call me heartless, but to be honest I don't have an ounce of pity for these guys. I'm sorry to say it. Some commenters here are like Rest in peace to the Soldier of fortune, he had the chance to repent before he died, and all other wash. I tell you, from other cases, do they learn anything? This is a country that clearly states it - do not traffic drugs on our land or else if you are caught, you will be executed. Simple. But no, they still go ahead and were caught, tried, and executed and people are having pity for them. Not me.

I'm sure if they weren't caught, they will be the kinds that will come back home with their ill-gotten money, drive flashy cars, drink the best wines, go to the best clubs and have the best girls at the snap of their fingertips. They will be the types that will be hailed and praised, all the "roger sir" and "we dey your behind" shenanigans. Hey, why not throw in a chieftancy title while you are at it?

Let's stop pitying these people. These cases should be a lesson for others, but I honestly doubt it. I'm pretty sure there will be another Nigerian(s) who will still be caught at some point, and the whole process will repeat itself.[/b]
u er a capital eidiot.some of them where unwittingly used en an Australian woman's kids where kidnapped . dont bother ur logic wud surely catch u one day dnt expect pity then
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by chax100(f): 4:39pm On Apr 30, 2015
eduj:

how many die in indonesia because of corruption?isnt that enuff to kill corrupt politicians?
besides the put gun for pesin head to take drug? no be willingly dem guys the take am out of corruption induced poverty d die?

Once you have decided to toe the path of drug, be prepared for the consequences. The Law of any country has nothing to do with what you think. Laws are laws, if they don't exist, we are savages!

1 Like

Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by fortunechy(m): 4:39pm On Apr 30, 2015
dts so sad.i dont kw wt all these moslem country found in killin pple?? atleast they shld ve been given life imprisonment than this. dt wz hw buhari's govt were in 1984 n dt kind blood exist in him.
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by deleskizy: 4:41pm On Apr 30, 2015
In as much as i would not want to sound cold, if those guys had succeeded with the crime, hundred of lives would have been destroyed. Who knows, me, you or relatives could have been of those live destroyed.

This should serve as a deterrent for people nursing the ambition of joining the band wagon.

Finally, RIP to the dead

1 Like

Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by omonnakoda: 4:43pm On Apr 30, 2015
You shut up there idiot. There is nothing pushing anyone.People make CHOICES. The reality Ibos have to tell themselves is they are too desperate and too proud.

Generally Nigerians are heartless,among the most heartless creatures on this planet and yet go to church and mosques more than most. Truth be told it is all hypocrisy. Let us pause and think of those people in psychiatric hospitals,of those people stabbed by drug addicts of the children of pregnant mothers who are born addicted yes if a pregnant mother is an addict the child is an addict and you need to see the child in the pangs of withdrawal aggro shortly after birth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O3Bb5tFo0A
,or the child born deformed and so on because of drugs yes let them get our sympathy not these buccaneers hiding under the name of the condition of the country.Why are people from Togo or Niger or Chad or Burundi not there is Nigeria worse than those places. Why re there no Hausas there ? Spare us the crocodile tears Why not beg yes BEG if you cannot find work beg. Those people who carry loads are stupid I guess. We need to have the same laws in Nigeria. Drugs destroy peoples lives and anyone caught dealing drugs deserves to be killed.If possible they should be woken up from the grave and killed again. Would you give drugs to your teenage children. I ray fervently that those saying all this rubbish will have their children hooked on crack cocaine or heroin so they can feel the impact. Drugs turn a human being into a slave and little more than an animal so some people can flex and many idiots ill come and say it is the condition of the country. That condition that gives you money to buy a plane ticket and other travel expenses but makes you decide not to use that money to buy and sell garri.
Whatever the case the law was very clear. The way visas are issued to that country it is IMPOSSIBLE for you to go there without knowing the consequence. Those who go have decided "I will either make it or die trying" They did not make it end of story. Now we know that the Indonesians mean what they say. The purpose of punish is twofold to punish offenders and deter others.As we speak and write there are still Nigerians in Indonesia dealing drugs and others planning their journey. The only thing of interest to me is that they got a fair trial and are not framed wrongly.

5 Likes

Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by parisbluefox: 4:43pm On Apr 30, 2015
Death smiles at us all, all we have to do is smile back.

1 Like

Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by ikombe: 4:44pm On Apr 30, 2015
adeekiti:
Your soul lives on ... So sorry abt this , wicked government
wicked government ke grin. I would have sold all his internal organs if i was in charge of that government angry. Any bastard who sees shit and deeps his hand in it should pay d price.
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by ikombe: 4:49pm On Apr 30, 2015
omonnakoda:
You shut up there idiot. There is nothing pushing anyone.People make CHOICES. The reality Ibos have to tell themselves is they are too desperate and too proud.

Generally Nigerians are heartless,among the most heartless creatures on this planet and yet go to church and mosques more than most. Truth be told it is all hypocrisy. Let us pause and think of those people in psychiatric hospitals,of those people stabbed by drug addicts of the children of pregnant mothers who are born addicted yes if a pregnant mother is an addict the child is an addict and you need to see the child in the pangs of withdrawal aggro hortly after birth,or the child born deformed and so on because of drugs yes let them get our sympathy not these buccaneers hiding under the name of the condition of the country.Why are people from Togo or Niger or Chad or Burundi not there is Nigeria worse than those places. Why re there no Hausas there ? Spare us the crocodile tears Why not beg yes BEG if you cannot find work beg. Those people who carry loads are stupid I guess. We need to have the same laws in Nigeria. Drugs destroy peoples lives and anyone caught dealing drugs deserves to be killed.If possible they should be woken up from the grave and killed again. Would you give drugs to your teenage children. I ray fervently that those saying all this rubbish will have their children hooked on crack cocaine or heroin so they can feel the impact. Drugs turn a human being into a slave and little more than an animal so some people can flex and many idiots ill come and say it is the condition of the country. That condition that gives you money to buy a plane ticket and other travel expenses but makes you decide not to use that money to buy and sell garri.
Whatever the case the law was very clear. The way visas are issued to that country it is IMPOSSIBLE for you to go there without knowing the consequence. Those who go have decided "I will either make it or die trying" They did not make it end of story. Now we know that the Indonesians mean what they say. The purpose of punish is twofold to punish offenders and deter others.As we speak and write there are still Nigerians in Indonesia dealing drugs and others planning their journey. The only thing of interest to me is that they got a fair trial and are not framed wrongly.

bro it really pains me inside when i see my fellow igbo man doin drugs. Dats why i pray dat death befall every igbo man who goes dere to disgrace our tribe by doing drugs . Thumbs up to d indonesia government.
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by ronald4lif(m): 4:52pm On Apr 30, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Crime na Crime.

Don't defend evil.

Sorry but I fail to see what their execution will solve. No one is rebutting the fact that they committed crime but State sanctioned killing does not reduce crime, it has never been a deterrent. Drugs will still be made and transported, users will still consume it, and the real kingpins in this cycle will keep getting richer and worse still will never spend time in jail. Execution might scare some, but majority of people will find ways to get the drugs to the users. If there was no demand there would be no supply.

The Indonesian State and indeed Southeast Asia countries should rise above the capital punishment. In same Indonesia drug smugglers get the death penalty whilst actually taking another's person life get jail term. They really have a bizarre judiciary over there.
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by Nobody: 4:53pm On Apr 30, 2015
MRBrownJ:

well i guess we should now defend people who are kidnapping and killing children in Nigeria for rituals, since there is a demand for it, right?
btw: is corruption a crime punishable by death in Indonesia?
if he was put away for life wud heaven break lose?
if drug peddlers er put to death tell me y corrupt govt officials shouldnt be put to death?
i have read ur post en can deduce u probably fornicate na because u no d iraq where isis go stone u to death make u the post trash abi.
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by omonnakoda: 4:55pm On Apr 30, 2015
ikombe:
bro it really pains me inside when i see my fellow igbo man doin drugs. Dats why i pray dat death befall every igbo man who goes dere to disgrace our tribe by doing drugs . Thumbs up to d indonesia government.
Leaving the usual tribal bashing to one side you folk have to look at values. The fact that a person is respected for money even above age and the need to get money by all means is excessive.All Nigerian have criminality but this idea that if you do not have money you are "nobody" is very typical to your folk. You need to do some soul searching
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by omonnakoda: 4:58pm On Apr 30, 2015
ronald4lif:

Sorry but I fail to see what their execution will solve. No one is rebutting the fact that they committed crime but State sanctioned killing does not reduce crime, it has never been a deterrent. Drugs will still be made and transported, users will still consume it, and the real kingpins in this cycle will keep getting richer and worse still will never spend time in jail. Execution might scare some, but majority of people will find ways to get the drugs to the users. If there was no demand there would be no supply.

The Indonesian State and indeed Southeast Asia countries should rise above the capital punishment. In same Indonesia drug smugglers get the death penalty whilst actually taking another's person life get jail term. They really have a bizarre judiciary over there.

Whether it has been deterrent or not is debatable. That argument would apply not just to killing but to every judicial penalty whether it be fines or jail and so we might as well just have a free for all. Personally I can speak for MYSELF. I will never carry drugs to Indonesia

2 Likes

Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by ikombe: 4:59pm On Apr 30, 2015
ronald4lif:

bro if i tell u dat if u are caught stealing your hands would be cut of. Shey u go still consider stealing, the more strict d punishment d more people go commot eye for dere. If he was not caught na drugs money e for take come back dey build house for naija dey claim say im don hustle.

1 Like

Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by Nobody: 4:59pm On Apr 30, 2015
ikombe:
wicked government ke grin. I would have sold all his internal organs if i was in charge of that government angry. Any bastard who sees shit and deeps his hand in it should pay d price.
another heartless Indonesian grin
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by Nobody: 4:59pm On Apr 30, 2015
chax100:

Once you have decided to toe the path of drug, be prepared for the consequences. The Law of any country has nothing to do with what you think. Laws are laws, if they don't exist, we are savages!
i beg to differ sis.even isis,alqedea,bokoharam en germany of world war two had laws yet the comitted atrocities that i thought i could only see watching na-geo wild.
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by Nobody: 5:00pm On Apr 30, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Only if you guys have lost kids to drugs
another heartless Indonesian
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by cocokiller1(f): 5:01pm On Apr 30, 2015
LAX89:

He's not defending evil. There are other ways to punish them besides death by firing squad. They could've been sent to jail for a long time. But I'm sure you would feel the same if it was you, your friend or family member that was shot in the chest to death for drug offence, and I'm sure you're a saint who has never done anything wrong.
its death by firing squad...they shoot the person in d heart nd if they stl notice signs of life,they shoot d person's head.
nw dats brutal
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by popcykaylah(m): 5:03pm On Apr 30, 2015
adeekiti:
Your soul lives on ... So sorry abt this , wicked government
rip though..but he and everyone else in the world knows that this is thier law..why should he break their law and expect sympathy..

2 Likes

Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by IYANGBALI: 5:05pm On Apr 30, 2015
adeekiti:
u are heartless
and you are being sentimental. When you commit a crime you pay for it

2 Likes

Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by cocokiller1(f): 5:05pm On Apr 30, 2015
BlackTechnology:

You think Indonesia is like Nigeria that condoles nonsense

Only if you know how many kids have lost their lives to hard drugs. grin
whats d penalty 4 taking drugs.?
is it d drugs d kids took that killed dem?if so,na who ask dem to take drugs?if sum1 selllls it to dem,cnt they reject it
m not in support of drug trafficking buh shooting d heart is jst too gruesome
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by comfortergirl(f): 5:06pm On Apr 30, 2015
It wasn't easy
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by MRBrownJ: 5:08pm On Apr 30, 2015
eduj:

if he was put away for life wud heaven break lose?

what has that got to do with anything....the law is THE LAW, as simple as that. this will deter other foolish people for trying to go into this business IN INDONESIA.

if drug peddlers er put to death tell me y corrupt govt officials shouldnt be put to death?

each and every country has the right to decide what crime should be punishable by death, or not. who are YOU to decide for them. these are THEIR laws. you can either accept these laws and dont do these crimes OR go somewhere else to do these crimes OR stand by the laws of their lands and face the punishment if you decide to break these laws. your choice!

i have read ur post en can deduce u probably fornicate na because u no d iraq where isis go stone u to death make u the post trash abi.

fornication is NOT against the laws here where i live therefore i dont care less what the laws in Iraq may be. now, if i was in Iraq fornicating then i would accept that i would be breaking the law, and therefore could be punished for my actions. expecting to break the laws of a country and not wanting to accept your fate, simply because it may be legal somewhere else, is simply stoopid.

1 Like

Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by Nobody: 5:09pm On Apr 30, 2015
kingthreat:

My beef with the Indonesian government seems to be growing more than that with the South African people , they just cut short the life of a young thug. R.I.P bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

White People Dress As Blacks And Carry Nigerian Flag For Halloween (Pic) / Nigerian Couple Release Pre-Wedding Photo Shot inside Toilet with Groom 'Pooing' / Obinna Ogbuji Marries South Korean Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.