Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,936 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:16 AM

Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia - Events (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia (64009 Views)

Groom Beats Master Of Ceremony For Refusing To Play 'Worldly Songs' In Zimbabwe / Lady Dancing With A Man At Burial Ceremony. See Photos / Obituary Poster Of Okwudili Ayotanze Who Was Executed In Indonesia Recently. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by InvertedHammer: 6:05pm On Apr 30, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Crime na Crime.

Don't defend evil.

/
The guy wan go hammer...but he got hammered.

Tough luck. Forming latter day saint no do am.

Some countries take.their laws seriously.

If.you carry the impunity in Nigeria to some other countries, you will be barbecued. No excuses. No blaming the devil. They don't give a hoot. You get caught, you bite some bullets.

Kudos to Indonesia for continuing to sanitize their system.

/

2 Likes

Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by gbenga4my(m): 6:06pm On Apr 30, 2015
IYANGBALI:
See as dem give am fine burial,he come dey make death to dey hungry some people for nairaland grin
Badt guy

1 Like

Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by Nobody: 6:16pm On Apr 30, 2015
fpeter:

otherwise cry

Lmao grin
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by IYANGBALI: 6:17pm On Apr 30, 2015
adeekiti:
iyangbale iyangbadi iyangbaball grin grin
iyangbasabe grin
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by omonnakoda: 6:32pm On Apr 30, 2015
ronald4lif:

Well like I said initially it is not the death penalty that reduce crime rate but it is quick efficient justice that can bring crime rate down. No matter if the penalty is little imprisonment. Captivity itself is more painful than death penalty. No matter what is the mode of punishment but as long justice is done quickly and correctly only mad people would commit crime. So countries that have death penalties but does not have efficient justice, the country is heaven for criminals. Important thing is quick and cheap justice. The rate of drug trafficking in Southeast Asia have been consistently increasing despite the death penalty decree.

Death penalty doesn't keep the society free of crime. Homicide or drug trafficking for countries that applies the death penalty are consistently high than countries that doesn't.

Contrary to popular belief, State sanctioned killing isn't reverse for worse crimes but for defendants with inefficient legal aid or lawyers. Most time it doesn't apply to the rich. How many rich and affluent have been executed compared to the poor and middle class?

There is no evidence that the death penalty reduces crime rates. In fact, there is some suggestion that it actually increases some categories of murder. Specifically, a person who has killed, knowing that they face the death penalty, is far more likely to kill again; crime witness, bystanders, or police, to avoid capture.

Lastly, in the past there have been many cases in the West, particularly in the U.S. where crime offenders were erroneously executed due to a flawed judiciary system but which they later found out they were innocent of the crime to which they were murdered for. How do one bring them back to life?

Although drug offenders in Indonesia and other Southeast Asia countries were cognizable of the death penalty for their crime in these countries and shouldn't have venture into trafficking drugs there but still the capital punishment is a barbaric act. One commit murder they get jail term but traffic drugs they are executed. Says much about their judiciary system and laws.
Well like I said it is debatable. different folk believe different things. It is your right to believe what you like. I just happen not to share your beliefs
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by ronald4lif(m): 6:36pm On Apr 30, 2015
omonnakoda:

Well like I said it is debatable. different folk believe different things. It is your right to believe what you like

True to that bro. Cheers.
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by luvprince4real(m): 6:39pm On Apr 30, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Crime na Crime.
Don't defend evil.

ur fada. May u never find forgiveness 4 every sin u committed
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by ChynoBEATS: 6:41pm On Apr 30, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Crime na Crime.

Don't defend evil.

Yeah it's tru ,but as 4d dude ....he's awesome .....i pray he makes heaven .....it's so sad that he had to die like that ....well sha GOD knows best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by Frydae: 6:41pm On Apr 30, 2015
These executions are beginning to appear spiritually driven than just retribution for offences! Y would one vampire be so hell bent on spilling blood against all plea for clemency! Or is he using their. Blood to appease his oracle? Vampire Ruler! Soon he shall eat his own flesh n b drunk with his own blood!

1 Like

Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by BobUg28(m): 6:43pm On Apr 30, 2015
Rest in peace Mr Okudili, it's unfortunate that you had the pay t this way....

R I P brother!!!

*weeping*
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by 1miccza: 6:52pm On Apr 30, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Crime na Crime.

Don't defend evil.

But when you give someone a long rope to pull and he changes completely he deserves a second chance. If God could forgive unrepentant sinners like we men why won't we temper justice with Mercy... To err is human and to forgive is divine..They deserved the right to live given the length of time that they've been incarcerated..
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by onlymayz: 6:59pm On Apr 30, 2015
SO sad
But this will be lessons to others. `
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by adedayourt(m): 7:03pm On Apr 30, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Crime na Crime.

Don't defend evil.

If only u knew the quantom of crime u comit on per second billing nd God pardon u for it

1 Like

Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by martvel(m): 7:04pm On Apr 30, 2015
Brother May urge soul rest in perfect peace cry
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by jhidey08(m): 7:06pm On Apr 30, 2015
haibe:
dude inflicting pains on someone before death is cruel, there is no way to justify that.. I never said death penalty is wrong but at least let them die peacefully. . Losing yoir life is enough punishment
wot is d best way to take their lives? U dunno d kinda pains those dat sleep and not wake up endure b4 dey finally give up. D truth is Dying isn't easy
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by LadyAmaka(f): 7:10pm On Apr 30, 2015
RIP my brother. May you.find favour before God and may He grant your soul eternal rest.
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by donefesco(m): 7:28pm On Apr 30, 2015
adeekiti:
u are heartless
sharap dere
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by Icekyng: 7:33pm On Apr 30, 2015
God abeg I dy beg, let one Indonesian person carry just 1 ciggar enta our airport make we put atarodo for him anus b4 we kill am come execute d bastard join d killing
as stupid as I sound just grant DAT wish angry
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by omonnakoda: 7:33pm On Apr 30, 2015
In other News
NDLEA arraigns two for importing cocaine
http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/ndlea-arraigns-two-for-importing-cocaine/

Two men, Gabriel Obi and Ugwu Geofrey, have been arraigned before a Federal High Court in Lagos for allegedly importing 110 kilogrammes of cocaine.

The accused were arraigned by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency on two counts bordering on drug trafficking.

According to the prosecutor, Mrs. Ahaji Obiageri, the suspects conspired with one Chimezie Akunna, who is now at large, to commit the offence.

The accused were said to have been apprehended by the NDLEA men in January 2011 at the Tin-Can Port, Lagos.

They were said to have packaged the illegal substance inside a container and brought it into Nigeria from Bolivia.

The charge read in part, “That you, Gabriel Obi, Ugwu Geofrey and Akunna Chimezie, on or about January, 13, 2011, at the Tin-Can Port, Lagos, within the jurisdiction of this honourable court, without lawful authority, imported 110 kg of cocaine from Bolivia, South America, using a container ─ MSCU 3668026 ─ thereby committing an offence contrary to and punishable under Section 11(a) of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency Act Cap N30, Law of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004.”
ADVERTISEMENT

The accused pleaded not guilty to the charges.

The court adjourned the trial till June 24, 2015.
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by bueze046(m): 8:04pm On Apr 30, 2015
dedication to a brother who lost his life in a struggle..... Rip okweee
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by haibe(m): 8:34pm On Apr 30, 2015
jhidey08:
wot is d best way to take their lives? U dunno d kinda pains those dat sleep and not wake up endure b4 dey finally give up. D truth is Dying isn't easy
lol you funny sha.. sleep is an unconscious state and scientists have even compared it to being half dead, so yes its most likely they wont feel anypain if they are asleep except they wake up of which the drugs wont allow
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by emiye(m): 9:03pm On Apr 30, 2015
ronald4lif:

Well like I said initially it is not the death penalty that reduce crime rate but it is quick efficient justice that can bring crime rate down. No matter if the penalty is little imprisonment. Captivity itself is more painful than death penalty. No matter what is the mode of punishment but as long justice is done quickly and correctly only mad people would commit crime. So countries that have death penalties but does not have efficient justice, the country is heaven for criminals. Important thing is quick and cheap justice. The rate of drug trafficking in Southeast Asia have been consistently increasing despite the death penalty decree.

Death penalty doesn't keep the society free of crime. Homicide or drug trafficking for countries that applies the death penalty are consistently high than countries that doesn't.

Contrary to popular belief, State sanctioned killing isn't reverse for worse crimes but for defendants with inefficient legal aid or lawyers. Most time it doesn't apply to the rich. How many rich and affluent have been executed compared to the poor and middle class?

There is no evidence that the death penalty reduces crime rates. In fact, there is some suggestion that it actually increases some categories of murder. Specifically, a person who has killed, knowing that they face the death penalty, is far more likely to kill again; crime witness, bystanders, or police, to avoid capture.

Lastly, in the past there have been many cases in the West, particularly in the U.S. where crime offenders were erroneously executed due to a flawed judiciary system but which they later found out they were innocent of the crime to which they were murdered for. How do one bring them back to life?

Although drug offenders in Indonesia and other Southeast Asia countries were cognizable of the death penalty for their crime in these countries and shouldn't have venture into trafficking drugs there but still the capital punishment is a barbaric act. One commit murder they get jail term but traffic drugs they are executed. Says much about their judiciary system and laws.
Have you considered that more often than not people who commit murder have to be under the influence of hard drugs ?

A drug pusher is a death merchant who provides people access to hard drugs that deadens conscience of a man to allow such individual maim, rape and kill with ease.

A drug pusher provides people access to hard drugs that is addictive and turn people mad, and they spend the rest of their lives in a rehabilitation process.

1 Like

Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by cap28: 9:11pm On Apr 30, 2015
May his soul RIP. cry

But until our govts start creating jobs and giving hope to our young ones coming up, more youngsters will continue to gamble with their lives by trafficking drugs to zero tolerance countries like Indonesia.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by cola: 9:12pm On Apr 30, 2015
blackmann:
[b]Let's all take the wool off our eyes for a moment and see what it is really. You can call me heartless, but to be honest I don't have an ounce of pity for these guys. I'm sorry to say it. Some commenters here are like Rest in peace to the Soldier of fortune, he had the chance to repent before he died, and all other wash. I tell you, from other cases, do they learn anything? This is a country that clearly states it - do not traffic drugs on our land or else if you are caught, you will be executed. Simple. But no, they still go ahead and were caught, tried, and executed and people are having pity for them. Not me.

I'm sure if they weren't caught, they will be the kinds that will come back home with their ill-gotten money, drive flashy cars, drink the best wines, go to the best clubs and have the best girls at the snap of their fingertips. They will be the types that will be hailed and praised, all the "roger sir" and "we dey your behind" shenanigans. Hey, why not throw in a chieftancy title while you are at it?

Let's stop pitying these people. These cases should be a lesson for others, but I honestly doubt it. I'm pretty sure there will be another Nigerian(s) who will still be caught at some point, and the whole process will repeat itself.[/b]

Thank you.

These guys' preys and victims go through worse than death.

In the pretext of having a good heart, you lot may be encouraging crime and evil without realizing it.

What do you all want young impressionable minds to believe with all the praises, excuses and all.
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by fpeter(f): 9:21pm On Apr 30, 2015
wisemany2k:

Lmao grin
don't mind them
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by naijanaso: 9:25pm On Apr 30, 2015
adeekiti:
Your soul lives on ... So sorry abt this , wicked government

In as much as I am not trying to justify whatever happened, let us also try to think straight. A country spells out their laws and you agree before visa is given to you. Will it be wicked if the person is meted out whatever punishment that the law stipulates should the person break the law? I know that during Visa processing, it is clearly stated that "penalty for drug is death. " both for Indonesia and Saudi Arabia. Yet our Nigerians will defy this warning and carry on with all kinds of illicit business.
Well, I just pray this doesn't happen again. RIP to the dead.
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by jhidey08(m): 9:28pm On Apr 30, 2015
haibe:
lol you funny sha.. sleep is an unconscious state and scientists have even compared it to being half dead, so yes its most likely they wont feel anypain if they are asleep except they wake up of which the drugs wont allow
I Laff in Japanese. grin grin
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by cap28: 9:50pm On Apr 30, 2015
InvertedHammer:

/
The guy wan go hammer...but he got hammered.

Tough luck. Forming latter day saint no do am.

Some countries take.their laws seriously.

If.you carry the impunity in Nigeria to some other countries, you will be barbecued. No excuses. No blaming the devil. They don't give a hoot. You get caught, you bite some bullets.

Kudos to Indonesia for continuing to sanitize their system.

/

Its easy to blame the victim, how about the conditions that cause young men like this to gamble with their lives by engaging in drug trafficking? We need to focus on the root causes of this problem.

1 Like

Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by Nobody: 10:15pm On Apr 30, 2015
Amen bro
naijanaso:

In as much as I am not trying to justify whatever happened, let us also try to think straight. A country spells out their laws and you agree before visa is given to you. Will it be wicked if the person is meted out whatever punishment that the law stipulates should the person break the law? I know that during Visa processing, it is clearly stated that "penalty for drug is death. " both for Indonesia and Saudi Arabia. Yet our Nigerians will defy this warning and carry on with all kinds of illicit business.
Well, I just pray this doesn't happen again. RIP to the dead.
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 30, 2015
donefesco:
sharap dere
u too sharaout there
Re: Burial Ceremony For Okwudili Oyatanze In Indonesia by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 30, 2015
grin grin
IYANGBALI:
iyangbasabe grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

White People Dress As Blacks And Carry Nigerian Flag For Halloween (Pic) / Nigerian Couple Release Pre-Wedding Photo Shot inside Toilet with Groom 'Pooing' / Obinna Ogbuji Marries South Korean Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.