Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,737 members, 7,802,219 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:13 AM

Adamawa Governor, Ngilari, Buys Two Lexus Suvs For N180million - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adamawa Governor, Ngilari, Buys Two Lexus Suvs For N180million (24232 Views)

Heads To Roll Over Convicted Ngilari, Ex Adamawa Governor’s Release From Prison / James Bala Ngilari Jailed For 5 Years For Corruption / Dino Melaye Buys N180Million Rolls Royce From US (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adamawa Governor, Ngilari, Buys Two Lexus Suvs For N180million by TheOtherview: 1:54pm On Apr 30, 2015
Adamawa governor, Ngilari, Buys Two Lexus SUVs For N180million

APR 30, 2015

The decision of the Adamawa state governor, Bala Ngilari to buy two Lexus SUVs for N180million, about $900,000 and two Hilux pick up vans at N400million have triggered outrage from members of the state House of Assembly.

Armored Lexus SUV
On Wednesday, the members passed a resolution calling on the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to probe the purchases.

The House, now split into factions, further called on the state government to re-instate the sacked Director General of the state Public Procurement Bureau, Malam Bello Umar, who it said was sacked by the executive for querying the purchase and for not following due process.

At its plenary presided over by the Speaker, Ahmadu Fintiri, the House also recommended a national honour for Umar for querying the purchase and other executive excesses that cost his sack.

According to the resolutions which came under Matters of Urgent Public Importance raised by the Deputy Speaker, Kwamoti Laori, told the house that the state government had sacked the Director General of the state Public Procurement Bureau after whistle-blowing on the executive recklessness.

Laori also claimed the Lexus cars were used ones. While a used Lexus armoured car can go for about $120,000, a new one usually sells for less than $200,000, online research shows.

The session also witnessed the declaration of three seats as vacant.

The affected members, Umar Abdulkarim (PDM-Nasarawo/Binyeri), Hamman Tukur (PDM-Jada/Mbulo) and Adamu Usman (APC-Toungo) where elected to the House under PDP but they defected to other parties to contest in the last general election.

The House unanimously condemned the purported impeachment of the speaker and his deputy by nine law makers at the Conference Hall of the Government House and announced a panel that will probe the action of the ‘Gang of nine’.

The Gang of Nine also met today and declared as illegal all the actions taken by the Fintiri led HOuse. The Gang has Jerry Kundisi (PDP-Gombi) as Speaker and it enjoys the backing of Governor Ngilari.

The conflict has made the police tighten security around the asembly complex.

Source
Re: Adamawa Governor, Ngilari, Buys Two Lexus Suvs For N180million by Whizzcute(m): 1:58pm On Apr 30, 2015
TheOtherview:

Source
baba is coming for all looters like them

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamawa Governor, Ngilari, Buys Two Lexus Suvs For N180million by zinachidi(m): 2:05pm On Apr 30, 2015
i dunno wah to say, buh i think that money can save up to 400,000 adamawa people from hunger,

15 Likes

Re: Adamawa Governor, Ngilari, Buys Two Lexus Suvs For N180million by apeoyemojo: 2:11pm On Apr 30, 2015
Buying 180m worth of official cars is corruption. Meanwhile we would also like to know the value of the official vehicles of Fashola,Amaechi,Rochas,Aregbesola,Amosun,Ajimob and the governor of Katsina. Thanks in advance!

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adamawa Governor, Ngilari, Buys Two Lexus Suvs For N180million by Nobody: 2:24pm On Apr 30, 2015
Nigerian politicians and looting inseparable during Gej's tenure . . Wit baba, looting politicians and prisons inseparable. . Teamsayno2corruptpoliticians#

2 Likes

Re: Adamawa Governor, Ngilari, Buys Two Lexus Suvs For N180million by Pk001(m): 3:16pm On Apr 30, 2015
apeoyemojo:
Buying 180m worth of official cars is corruption. Meanwhile we would also like to know the value of the official vehicles of Fashola,Amaechi,Rochas,Aregbesola,Amosun,Ajimob and the governor of Katsina. Thanks in advance!

You are very right. Some people are just Naive. Do they know the cost of a bullet proof SUV?

Let them just tell us the worth of Fashola and Ameachi's SUVs. I can bet they are far more than 100 million Naira each.

I know some people will start saying that the cost of bullet proof SUV is less than 50 million Naira, forgetting the model and make of the car.

And for those saying that he doesn't need such cars,they have forgotten the assassination attempt made on the governor, killing his personal aides and members of his family.

The car might look expensive,but from the knowledge I got when I jokingly priced a fairly used bullet proof BMW X5 from a car dealer in Abuja. The response I got shows me that buying a new for bullet proof SUV for 90 million is fair and in some cases very cheap.

Let the Governor be abeg. May 29th isn't far. If the next governor likes let him be using open roof convertible car or power bike as his official vehicle in other to save cost, na him sabi. We will only be praying for him to see another May 29th after 4 years in one piece.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamawa Governor, Ngilari, Buys Two Lexus Suvs For N180million by gabng(m): 4:48pm On Apr 30, 2015
Pk001:

You are very right. Some people are just Naive. Do they know the cost of a bullet proof SUV?

Let them just tell us the worth of Fashola and Ameachi's SUVs. I can bet they are far more than 100 million Naira each.

I know some people will start saying that the cost of bullet proof SUV is less than 50 million Naira, forgetting the model and make of the car.

And for those saying that he doesn't need such cars,they have forgotten the assassination attempt made on the governor, killing his personal aides and members of his family.

The car might look expensive,but from the knowledge I got when I jokingly priced a fairly used bullet proof BMW X5 from a car dealer in Abuja. The response I got shows me that buying a new for bullet proof SUV for 90 million is fair and in some cases very cheap.

Let the Governor be abeg. May 29th isn't far. If the next governor likes let him be using open roof convertible car or power bike as his official vehicle in other to save cost, na him sabi. We will only be praying for him to see another May 29th after 4 years in one piece.

Armoured 2015 Lexus LX570 goes for between 50m - 55m. Trust me that money includes money for middlemen.

8 Likes

Re: Adamawa Governor, Ngilari, Buys Two Lexus Suvs For N180million by IbokUtoroh(m): 5:14pm On Apr 30, 2015
HORYEL MONEY!
Re: Adamawa Governor, Ngilari, Buys Two Lexus Suvs For N180million by stolenstone: 6:37pm On Apr 30, 2015
How much is Obama's official car, the beast??
Re: Adamawa Governor, Ngilari, Buys Two Lexus Suvs For N180million by jamex93(m): 7:49pm On Apr 30, 2015
its a pity all these useless ppl r killing this nation

well am not too worried

baba is already by the corner
Re: Adamawa Governor, Ngilari, Buys Two Lexus Suvs For N180million by coolhamid(m): 7:49pm On Apr 30, 2015
And Nigeria graduates with 2.1 from Top-notch Universities are roaming the streets of Nigeria searching for Job opportunities..

And a Goat in far Adamawa is wasting our resources on SUVs....

Wetin happen for Hungary in 1832 go still repeat itself for this country if these thieves are not checkmated....
Re: Adamawa Governor, Ngilari, Buys Two Lexus Suvs For N180million by ACHIEVERBA: 7:49pm On Apr 30, 2015
LAST LAP OF LOOTING!!!
Re: Adamawa Governor, Ngilari, Buys Two Lexus Suvs For N180million by TRADELYN: 7:49pm On Apr 30, 2015
OMG... shocked

Can they fly?

I think I need such cars too. grin
Re: Adamawa Governor, Ngilari, Buys Two Lexus Suvs For N180million by raumdeuter: 7:49pm On Apr 30, 2015
Is he related to Stella Oduah?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamawa Governor, Ngilari, Buys Two Lexus Suvs For N180million by Nobody: 7:50pm On Apr 30, 2015
Flat mates needed. Call: 08170255773
Re: Adamawa Governor, Ngilari, Buys Two Lexus Suvs For N180million by naijainfogalery: 7:50pm On Apr 30, 2015
While the people lavish in poverty the leaders who are supposed to serve the people occupy themselves with wealth and the people live in agony.
Re: Adamawa Governor, Ngilari, Buys Two Lexus Suvs For N180million by alaoeri: 7:50pm On Apr 30, 2015
Last minutes looting, and thieving acting governor accused Inyako of gross misconduct of public funds. undecided
Re: Adamawa Governor, Ngilari, Buys Two Lexus Suvs For N180million by chefremy(m): 7:50pm On Apr 30, 2015
hmm,peoples money,am sick and tired of all this,they are getting richer every second of the day and days of the year,this is disgusting.
Re: Adamawa Governor, Ngilari, Buys Two Lexus Suvs For N180million by UncleDeeee(m): 7:51pm On Apr 30, 2015
gabng:

Armoured 2015 Lexus LX570 goes for between 50m - 55m. Trust me that money includes money for middlemen.

Not possible. Armoured camry 2014 is almost 40m

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Governor, Ngilari, Buys Two Lexus Suvs For N180million by klem93(m): 7:51pm On Apr 30, 2015
is all is his income he is free but if not... is left for EFCC ooo
Re: Adamawa Governor, Ngilari, Buys Two Lexus Suvs For N180million by mightyrocket(m): 7:52pm On Apr 30, 2015
contunu.... Baba is here to probe u
Re: Adamawa Governor, Ngilari, Buys Two Lexus Suvs For N180million by Nobody: 7:53pm On Apr 30, 2015
apeoyemojo:
I love the list of this APC governors you listed.
They are working massively in their region and even deserve better rides and yet they are still loyal.

2 Likes

Re: Adamawa Governor, Ngilari, Buys Two Lexus Suvs For N180million by Kinkale(m): 7:53pm On Apr 30, 2015
Fp this days is hard o

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Governor, Ngilari, Buys Two Lexus Suvs For N180million by mrphysics(m): 7:54pm On Apr 30, 2015
gej gave them d example. #10b jet maintenance

2 Likes

Re: Adamawa Governor, Ngilari, Buys Two Lexus Suvs For N180million by bighead1(m): 7:55pm On Apr 30, 2015
Lawd shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Adamawa Governor, Ngilari, Buys Two Lexus Suvs For N180million by macuwon(m): 7:55pm On Apr 30, 2015
Wow

Maybe he wants to use it for school bus

Meanwhile instead of dissing, lemme hustle and buy 3 suv's
Re: Adamawa Governor, Ngilari, Buys Two Lexus Suvs For N180million by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:55pm On Apr 30, 2015
I want to be the next Governor
Re: Adamawa Governor, Ngilari, Buys Two Lexus Suvs For N180million by Creamz(m): 7:56pm On Apr 30, 2015
Now that is reckless spending. I hope he goes to jail for not following due process in the purchase when the immunity as a governor is gone
Re: Adamawa Governor, Ngilari, Buys Two Lexus Suvs For N180million by hotswagg12: 7:56pm On Apr 30, 2015
Okay
Re: Adamawa Governor, Ngilari, Buys Two Lexus Suvs For N180million by cescky(m): 7:56pm On Apr 30, 2015
ibedun:

I will be glad and will celebrate should I hear of your death by roAd accident, shot by an armed robber or slow death by HIV. Such is my anger and hathred for you after reading the shit you wrote up there.

Why don't you make a point instead of spitting such bile and bitterness?

My ex boss bought his bullet proof land cruiser 40M

2 Likes

Re: Adamawa Governor, Ngilari, Buys Two Lexus Suvs For N180million by kelnas(m): 7:57pm On Apr 30, 2015
smooth criminal! one day bushmeat go catch the hunter.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Sheriff Bewitched PDP Governors" - Femi-fani Kayode / I Have Not Visited Buhari In London – Idris, IGP / Umahi Wins As Appeal Court Dismisses Case, To Remain Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.