Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man (32942 Views)

Zimbabwean Woman Married To Another Woman For 3 Years Just Found Out (pic) / "Never Marry A Bleacher" - Nigerian Man Currently Married To One Cries Out / Nigerian Man Married To 57 Women,150 Grandchildren (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by anti9JA: 8:29pm On May 02, 2015
The Buhari Saga begins here Road to De-amalgamation.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by teasel: 8:30pm On May 02, 2015
Look at them. Already displaying their useless unintelligent nature.

6 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by lilmax(m): 8:31pm On May 02, 2015
teasel:
Look at them. Already displaying their useless unintelligent nature.
you mean your brother got all these characteristics? Cool cool

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by stellytwinkle(f): 8:32pm On May 02, 2015
EfemenaXY:
Another his 'n hers thread. lipsrsealed

But I've got to admit a lot of what was posted here is true. Annoyingly true. For those to whom some (or all of these) are applicable, pls make the necessary changes.
abeg tell them my buroda. Most of the men kicking against this thread fall under one or two categories due to that egoistic nature the op talked about. I'm shaking my head for you guys. Nonsense. Mtcheww
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by Nobody: 8:34pm On May 02, 2015
I dey tell u..!
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by itoski(m): 8:34pm On May 02, 2015
TheInkheart:
Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man

It is no doubt that Nigerian men make wonderful lovers; they are sweet, kind, thoughtful, maybe not very romantic but romantic still and good in bed too. It is also no doubt that these men are very rare to come by in Nigeria. Maybe by default or societal conditioning, most Nigerian men are so not it; they are egoistic, chauvinistic and make terrible husband materials. You wonder why I think Nigerian men; at least most of them, won't make good husbands, read the reasons listed below:

-They Are Chauvinists: pardon the strong word "chauvinists" but Nigerian men prefer to stick to their bias opinion about women and their responsibilities in the home. The take the "head" duty way too serious and often push the women aside expecting them to follow their will and do as they say. If you marry a Nigerian man, you will probably end up as the less important voice in the home or wherever the man rather than as a partner you are to him.

- They Are Polygamous In Nature: In Nigeria, some men believe men are entitled to as many women as they can handle and so, they are free to marry more than one wife or have affairs with other women. With a Nigerian man, it is never certain that you will be the only woman in his life. To save yourself the heartbreaks of discovering condoms and hotel receipts in his pocket or worse, finding out he has secret children, please do not marry a Nigerian man.

- They Are Not Romantic: you want flowers, a guy to follow you to the salon, exotic lunches, dinners, vacations, chocolates and breakfast in bed? Then, a Nigerian man is not the man you should marry. They often consider these things as cheesy and unneccesary. Maybe they will try on your birthdays and valentine's day (that's if they don't come up with excuses to forget). The most romantic thing some Nigerian men will ever get for you is packs of food from an eatery or drinks and few back/foot rubs just right before sex.

- You Will Be A Nanny To A Grown Man: if God blesses you with a Nigerian man and a somehow scattered one, you are in soup. You've just graduated to being a nanny to a full grown man. You will pick his socks, shirts and what not after him when he gets back from work, even flush the toilet when he's done. Be ready to face a sulking man if the food is not ready on time or you try to get him to do something for you when his favourite game or tv show is on. You will have to pet and stroke his ego almost all the time to make him happy.

- They Have The Wife Beating Syndrome: either by societal conditioning or home training, some Nigerian men believe it is very normal to hit a woman; that is the only way to put them back on track when they are wrong. It is no secret that some Nigerian men will beat their wives and feel no regret about it; it is somehow the woman's fault the man is so angry to the extent he has to hit her. If you're not ready to lose your fine skin to the itchy palms of a man, please steer clear of Nigerian men.

Nigerian men are also good liars. They smoke and drink heavily and blame it on the society's deteriorating condition; they have to "keep body and soul together". Many Nigerian men have money problem; it is either they are misers or heavy spenders. Some prefer to show off the wealth they do not possess by living way beyond their standards. And the most annoying part is that many Nigerian men are Mr nice guy in public and Mr stingy in their homes which you will agree is not a very attractive trait especially in someone you want to spend the rest of your life with.

I know by now, some guys are already hissing and cursing me probably but it is undeniable that many Nigerian guys have terrible attitudes that make them really undesirable husband materials. I mean, it is tough enough we have to cope with the many issues in the country, men problems should not be added to our weighty wahala. We deserve men who understand us (at least to a reasonable extent), shower us with the affection we need, pamper us and make us feel very special and loved but how many Nigerian men can beat their chests that they can be the man of our dreams or at least, part of the dreams?!!

more articles n www.theinkheartblog.com and www.360nobs.com/author/alice-temitope-dako/

My dear u need a jobless man to do all this for u hun!
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by epoxide(m): 8:36pm On May 02, 2015
op keep analyzin while your mates are getting married every Saturday

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by Nobody: 8:37pm On May 02, 2015
At op, sorry I never knew your husband was such a lazy, unromantic good for nothing man. But remember not all naija men are the same huh

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by teasel: 8:37pm On May 02, 2015
lilmax:
you mean your brother got all these characteristics? Cool cool

The usual father/ brother thingy undecided
Can't you guys come up with something more intelligent even if it's an insult.

6 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by Nobody: 8:38pm On May 02, 2015
oloyede252:
RECIEVE

SENSE
LOL... Guy u just made my evening
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by olaniyanc: 8:38pm On May 02, 2015
Raiders:

Is this how your father treat your mother? Just because your father treats your mom like a slave and badly, doesn't mean all Nigerian men will treat their wives badly

Lonely Raiders. You need a man.Stop deceiving yourself blackmailing Nigerian men.Make yourself attractive sad girl!!!!!
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by Zellie: 8:38pm On May 02, 2015
This is so on point

Expecting a counter thread in 5 minutes

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by Darkchocolate(f): 8:38pm On May 02, 2015
TheInkheart:

It is no doubt that Nigerian men make wonderful lovers; they are sweet, kind, thoughtful, maybe not very romantic but romantic still and good in bed too. It is also no doubt that these men are very rare to come by in Nigeria. Maybe by default or societal conditioning, most Nigerian men are so not it; they are egoistic, chauvinistic and make terrible husband materials. You wonder why I think Nigerian men; at least most of them, won't make good husbands, read the reasons listed below:

-They Are Chauvinists: pardon the strong word "chauvinists" but Nigerian men prefer to stick to their bias opinion about women and their responsibilities in the home. The take the "head" duty way too serious and often push the women aside expecting them to follow their will and do as they say. If you marry a Nigerian man, you will probably end up as the less important voice in the home or wherever the man rather than as a partner you are to him.

- They Are Polygamous In Nature: In Nigeria, some men believe men are entitled to as many women as they can handle and so, they are free to marry more than one wife or have affairs with other women. With a Nigerian man, it is never certain that you will be the only woman in his life. To save yourself the heartbreaks of discovering condoms and hotel receipts in his pocket or worse, finding out he has secret children, please do not marry a Nigerian man.

- They Are Not Romantic: you want flowers, a guy to follow you to the salon, exotic lunches, dinners, vacations, chocolates and breakfast in bed? Then, a Nigerian man is not the man you should marry. They often consider these things as cheesy and unneccesary. Maybe they will try on your birthdays and valentine's day (that's if they don't come up with excuses to forget). The most romantic thing some Nigerian men will ever get for you is packs of food from an eatery or drinks and few back/foot rubs just right before sex.

- You Will Be A Nanny To A Grown Man: if God blesses you with a Nigerian man and a somehow scattered one, you are in soup. You've just graduated to being a nanny to a full grown man. You will pick his socks, shirts and what not after him when he gets back from work, even flush the toilet when he's done. Be ready to face a sulking man if the food is not ready on time or you try to get him to do something for you when his favourite game or tv show is on. You will have to pet and stroke his ego almost all the time to make him happy.

- They Have The Wife Beating Syndrome: either by societal conditioning or home training, some Nigerian men believe it is very normal to hit a woman; that is the only way to put them back on track when they are wrong. It is no secret that some Nigerian men will beat their wives and feel no regret about it; it is somehow the woman's fault the man is so angry to the extent he has to hit her. If you're not ready to lose your fine skin to the itchy palms of a man, please steer clear of Nigerian men.

Nigerian men are also good liars. They smoke and drink heavily and blame it on the society's deteriorating condition; they have to "keep body and soul together". Many Nigerian men have money problem; it is either they are misers or heavy spenders. Some prefer to show off the wealth they do not possess by living way beyond their standards. And the most annoying part is that many Nigerian men are Mr nice guy in public and Mr stingy in their homes which you will agree is not a very attractive trait especially in someone you want to spend the rest of your life with.

I know by now, some guys are already hissing and cursing me probably but it is undeniable that many Nigerian guys have terrible attitudes that make them really undesirable husband materials. I mean, it is tough enough we have to cope with the many issues in the country, men problems should not be added to our weighty wahala. We deserve men who understand us (at least to a reasonable extent), shower us with the affection we need, pamper us and make us feel very special and loved but how many Nigerian men can beat their chests that they can be the man of our dreams or at least, part of the dreams?!!

more articles n www.theinkheartblog.com and www.360nobs.com/author/alice-temitope-dako/

100% agree ...although there are a few good ones... But they are like gold dust and will hVe one or two of the traits mentioned. Smh!!! I better start trekking to Europe to find my Obi m! sad grin

5 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by lilmax(m): 8:39pm On May 02, 2015
teasel:

The usual father/ brother thingy undecided
Can't you guys come up with something more intelligent even if it's an insult.
nah,I am just trying to see hypocrisy cool
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by cococandy(f): 8:41pm On May 02, 2015
erico2k2:

Question for you Ma, have you dated any man that has any of the above?
yes Na. See question grin

I've dated many like that.

5 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by U2ice(m): 8:41pm On May 02, 2015
Didn't even bother to read the story cos I knw ill get d brief from d comments....

Go n hug d transformer wiv ur reason
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by anwo247: 8:43pm On May 02, 2015
On the contrary, Nigerian Men are hot cakes in the husband Market!

#Just4YourInfo

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by kayceeD2(m): 8:43pm On May 02, 2015
TheInkheart:

GO marry for Mars

Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by prospero15(m): 8:43pm On May 02, 2015
;DReasons why you should not get married to a Nigerian lady grin

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by ThoniaSlim(f): 8:44pm On May 02, 2015
grin Dang! Some men about to burst a nerve!

6 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by An2elect2(f): 8:45pm On May 02, 2015
grin grin I LUV THIS THREAD!

5 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by Nobody: 8:46pm On May 02, 2015
Ok.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by josfamdl(m): 8:47pm On May 02, 2015
very funny

ladies better look for naija houseboy rather than a nigeria husbd

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by iheanyi40(m): 8:48pm On May 02, 2015
Too long sum1 pls summarize undecided
Btw NmaGod44 c ya kinda thread
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by Claus(m): 8:49pm On May 02, 2015
In this same 2015 that South African and Zimbabwean men are complaining that Nigerian men are taking their women...CONTINUE! Na only you waka come?

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by Stillfire: 8:50pm On May 02, 2015
KanwuliaJara:
Too late o!
To marry a Nigerian man, just fasten your seat belt and enjoy "the ride'!
Shikena! grin

No shaking! Just dish as much as they give! kiss

Lol. grin grin grin grin
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by Joshuadon: 8:51pm On May 02, 2015
Raiders:

Is this how your father treat your mother? Just because your father treats your mom like a slave and badly, doesn't mean all Nigerian men will treat their wives badly

A good point cheesy #noted

secondly, The gate to heaven is open, go pick an angel with no flaws
#ladiesalwayswantmrRightcheesy

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by Ikegift4real(m): 8:53pm On May 02, 2015
ApexTitan:
The OP is being crafty. This topic with its click bait title is primarily aimed at generating traffic for her blog.

In dealing with women the key is to pay attention to what they do not what they say. While the OP is here listing reasons why members of her gender should stay clear of Nigerian men, dozens if not hundreds of women, despite countless warnings about how men are dogs etc, will be rushing to the altar to marry these men every Saturday.

Good, bad or evil, the fact remains that women need to get married to men. Especially Nigerian women. Marriage to a Nigerian man is the best chance for the average Nigerian woman to attain to that level of respectability that society, nay women themselves, have place on themselves. Through marriage she significantly increases her chances of living the "good life", the man is obligated to provide for her and her kids in exchange for sex or intimacy. For almost all women living in Nigeria their best options for marriage lie with the Nigerian man and despite all the campaign by people like the OP, he is a prized commodity.
All he needs is a bit of personal success or the appearance of it and women will be all over him like white on rice.

God bless u.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by Stillfire: 8:53pm On May 02, 2015
The chauvinist point has disqualified 99.999999% of Nigerian men for marriage. grin grin grin
Their husband material quality is analogous to a dirty rag. grin grin grin grin grin

Rotflmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by Nobody: 8:54pm On May 02, 2015
[size=17pt]This is wrong.... You cannot lump every Nigerian man based on what you have experienced..... Some of us love our girlfriend or wives and treat them well.... its not about being a Nigerian man but a man who is in love, a man who is not in love will not do all that, but a man who is crazy about his woman will do all that and more....

Loosen her hair, massage her body (without s.ex), buy her gifts when she doesnt expect it etc.... all characteristics of a man who loves you....

Even if you go to the USA and wherever you want to on earth a man inlove is the same, even though culture sometimes influences attitude a bit..... Men are just not good at pretending that we are in love when we are not, go anywhere in the world, it is the same......

Let those who have found love therefore rejoice cheesy, and if you haven't i pray you find... Amin[/size]

6 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by Allureoftheseas(m): 8:54pm On May 02, 2015
TheInkheart:

I pray lucifer gives you sense, and to mods, seun how can this topic be on fp? I'm disappointed. is ishilove the on incharge of this section? ??
Re: Reasons Why You Should Not Get Married To A Nigerian Man by laidol(f): 8:56pm On May 02, 2015
I have been married to a Nigerian man for 16years now and he is none of what you listed. In fact he is an angel.

stop generalizing on issues and people. I will advise unmarried sisters and brothers to "shine " their eyes, and look for real people with real values. GOd is the best guide.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mother Of 5 Who Dumped Husband For Lover, Kicked Out By Same Lover / Nigerian Man Got News About Mother's Death, Dies Shortly After Graduation / An Awkward Moment At The Office Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.