Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:41 PM

Burdens - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Burdens (5708 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burdens by Nobody: 5:34pm On May 10, 2015
sweetorgasm:
lol anyways u still wrote CRAP
its you again. why must you be a problem on any thread you are.. What a pity?
Re: Burdens by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 10, 2015
prettydiva89:

its you again. why must you be a problem on any thread you are.. What a pity?
its seems u smoked a lot of weed and drank a lot of menstrual flow right?
Re: Burdens by Nobody: 10:21pm On May 10, 2015
sweetorgasm:
its seems u smoked a lot of weed and drank a lot of menstrual flow right?
smh.... Some people are forever saying trash.. Not their fault,one will definitely know what their problem is in what they post.. If not that they are high,its that they drank menstrual fluid
Re: Burdens by Nobody: 10:23pm On May 10, 2015
prettydiva89:

smh.... Some people are forever saying trash.. Not their fault,one will definitely know what their problem is in what they post.. If not that they are high,its that they drank menstrual fluid
d small dick u fuuucked is affecting u
Re: Burdens by Nobody: 11:16pm On May 10, 2015
sweetorgasm:
d small dick u fuuucked is affecting u
ok
Re: Burdens by harjibolar10(m): 11:53am On May 11, 2015
Chai... Its good here thou, as I'm Finally here

Kitnah, I must say, you gat a nice work doing here, and best critics also, and I hope by that, you will get there in a short period of a time

I won't forget to advice you, to heed to what ma'am Ciela has offer you oo, so as to put you on the good side of your reader's ledger.

As for ya antagonist, you have to just leave him /her to his or her faith, and you prettydiva89, why dont you just let go of all those side talking, or you wan make I ban you ni? Just stop am abeg

Kitnah, I'm deeply sorry for your losz, may God provide another one, that will be more better than that one ooo... . Amen

Harjibolar is around
Re: Burdens by Nobody: 5:05pm On May 11, 2015
harjibolar10:
Chai... Its good here thou, as I'm Finally here

Kitnah, I must say, you gat a nice work doing here, and best critics also, and I hope by that, you will get there in a short period of a time

I won't forget to advice you, to heed to what ma'am Ciela has offer you oo, so as to put you on the good side of your reader's ledger.

As for ya antagonist, you have to just leave him /her to his or her faith, and you prettydiva89, why dont you just let go of all those side talking, or you wan make I ban you ni? Just stop am abeg

Kitnah, I'm deeply sorry for your losz, may God provide another one, that will be more better than that one ooo... . Amen

Harjibolar is around
I have
Re: Burdens by harjibolar10(m): 7:32pm On May 11, 2015
prettydiva89:

I have
Better! !!!

Thanks ma'am, enjoy!!!
Re: Burdens by Jummyjagz(f): 1:34am On May 13, 2015
Kitnah please update now!
Nice story by the way
Re: Burdens by Nobody: 9:47am On May 13, 2015
harjiborlar20, ciela....thanks alot,i appreciate.

The sun shone brightly, baptising the atmosphere with an excruciating heat, the silence was almost eerie, Jane could hear the hens screaming their.discomfort to a deaf world. She sat quietly in her compound.
Crazy thoughts raced through her wobby mind. She blamed her misfortunes on her naivety and over-reliance, In retrospect, she shouldn't have listened to Anita. Her encounter with the pastor worsen her situation.
Eventhough, she secretly revelled at Anita's unemployment, she felt that isnt enough for her
A knock at the door jerked her to reality,"Am x
ccccoming"

1 Like

Re: Burdens by harjibolar10(m): 11:56am On May 13, 2015
Wait ooo, that's an update? Chizoz!! !!

Kit.nah, no do am like that oo, I think we can wait till when you must have gotten another fone oo.

God bless, and I pray you get another one very soon ooo

Anyways, thanks for the update
Re: Burdens by Alvin962(m): 11:53am On May 14, 2015
Tho! wasn't invited, MEHN!! ah go die on top this story matter..
Re: Burdens by Nobody: 6:45pm On May 15, 2015
A knock at the gate jerked her to reality "I'm coming" she said, and dashed off to the gate, she saw her mother-in-law with a lady who should be in her early twenties.
The lady clutched her bag tightly, she had two leather bag, which signifies that she has come to stay.
Jane was sure, Matt has no sister, who was she looking for?? Maybe a fellow worker? Or a desperate Mistress?? She knew Matt will never cheat on her.
"You can't greet??" Mama said
"Welcome ma" She muttered
"Where is your husband??"
"He's inside" Jane said as she went inside to call her husband.
"Mama welcome" Matt said as he prostrated "who is this?" He asked when he saw the young girl.
"This is your new wife, Oluchi"
Jane's eyes widened in horror, her jaws dropped.
"I'm sorry, I don't quite follow" She asked her mother-in-law calmly.
"This young lady is your husband's new wife, I've given you enough time to do this, and after all, a new broom sweeps cleaner provided it's well fastened"
"Are you saying I'm the old broom?? And if I'm not mistaken, this is just the first month, you gave me three months ultimatum"
"I can't wait any longer, if you can't do anything for the past twelve years......"
"You think I don't make effort, you think I'm just sitting here alone, I've been going to various hospitals, its still the same story" Jane said, her voice rising
"It's okay, keep shouting"
"I'm sorry ma" She apologised "Matt, won't you say something, this 'thing' is not living with us,okay??"
"She is not a 'thing', she is a human being, just like you and I" Matt rebuked.
"Are you in support of this or what? I don't understand"
"I never said I'm in support of this, I only corrected you, you have no right to call her a thing"
"Really??"
"Yes, Jane"
"If you're not in support of this, then send her out, okay?? There's no way she's living with us"
"She's staying" Mama said with a serious voice, mingled with authority.

1 Like

Re: Burdens by Nobody: 6:46pm On May 15, 2015
The federal government had completed the procedures to privatise NIOMP (National iron ore and mining corporation, Itakpe), A group from India had brought the company, upon signing the sect, they brought their workers to work with them.
They screened former workers and retained those they are interested in. The opinion that NIOMP can be better without privatisation was quashed by the government.
The managing director reinforced the decision, not because he had the interest of the company or the workers at heart, but because of his selfish interests, and he was sure he can't be sacked.
Godwin went as usual to append his signature, he saw that the company was completely refurbished. He noticed the appearance of some new faces. He shrugged it off and took his seat.
"Your attention is needed" A strange young lady said "The manager wants to see you"
"Ok thanks" He replied and went to the manager's office.
"You sent for me??" He asked when he got there
"Yes, your work is done here, you'll no longer be working here, due to the fact that you're a computer analyst, and we've brought ours" The manager said in a serious voice.
"What??"
"Your work is terminated here, your official car and apartment will be taken away from you in two weeks, Goodluck!" The cheeky woman said with no sign of sympathy.
Godwin couldn't decipher whether he was moving or sleepwalking, he started sweating profusely. When he got to his desk, he saw Matt
"Hey"
Godwin simply nodded
"I've been relegated to the post of a secretary" Matt continued
"Congrats" Godwin said
"Congrats??" Matt asked " from personal assistant, to secretary, my salary is half the other"
"Yours is better, I was sacked, they told me, they brought their analyst"
"What?? I'm so sorry"
"It's okay"
"What are you going to do now??"
"For now, I don't know, the struggle continues, I guess" Godwin said as he packed a few things from his desk and left the office

1 Like

Re: Burdens by Nobody: 1:20am On May 16, 2015
observing
Re: Burdens by Nobody: 6:02pm On May 16, 2015
Princess went for an inter school debate, and she came first, breaking the jinx of her school. The headmaster had requested her to spend some days with him, but Anita vehemently refused.
She wrapped princess in a warm embrace when they got home and smiled heartily,something she hadn't done in days, seeing her little daughter warming up into an intelligent girl melted her hearts. its so difficult to feel weepy when her children are around.

Life has its way of making us happy and unhappy. A few days ago, she could have sworn, life was unfair, but now she is seeing the bright side of it.
Their apartment would have passed for a mad woman's room, it was disorderly and unkempt. Her husband tactfully said nothing, because he knew how clean and organised her wife normally was, yet he was not going to succumb to the crazy idea of her venturing into business.

Anita had taken her time to arrange the house, she removed the white curtains that had gone grey due to the untimely washing, she cleaned the dust that had settled on their television set, she mobbed the brown and white tiles. She dusted the couch and wiped the cobwebs at the four corner of the room.

She had decided to narrate everything that transpired between Jane and her to her husband, upon his arrival, after all, he was her soulmate. She can't decide what his reply would be, but she knew he would think of something.

Anita now confirmed that the dividing line between sanity and madness was indeed very thin, she had never imagined that she would have slept in a room, that is unkempt for days. Amazing!
She had decided to be happy and shied away from negative thoughts. Little did she know, that her days of woes are not over.

She sat down in the living room and her daughter ran to her.
"Mummy, tell us a story" Princess said in a pleading voice
"Which type of story??"
"Any type!"
"Alright, go and call your sister" She instructed.
Princess dashed off to her sister's room, and dragged her out. They both sat down beside their mummy.

"Long time ago, there was a king, he had a very beautiful daughter, named Ewatomi, she was very beautiful, so beautiful to the extent that everyone wanted to marry her, Royal Prince from other villages came, wealthy businessmen came, including the animals, he rebuffed them all, but this beautiful girl was arrogant and rude..........

Godwin entered, he was looking pale.

1 Like

Re: Burdens by harjibolar10(m): 6:17pm On May 16, 2015
Keep em coming
Re: Burdens by Nobody: 8:02pm On May 16, 2015
Kitnah! Thanks for the updates....... Keep it flowing.
Re: Burdens by kizzykeziah: 8:46pm On May 16, 2015
The past tense of dust is still dust. The same way it goes for cast and burst. So I think 'dusted' which you used somewhere is wrong.

#stillaround smiley
Re: Burdens by Nobody: 3:04am On May 17, 2015
kizzykeziah:
The past tense of dust is still dust. The same way it goes for cast and burst. So I think 'dusted' which you used somewhere is wrong.

#stillaround smiley
Really, thanks!
Let me quickly look for it
Re: Burdens by Nobody: 5:37pm On May 17, 2015
[size=30pt] If you're reading my story, you're my friend, please cast your vote for Adeh39, tomorrow, Thanks!!!!!![/size]

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Burdens by harjibolar10(m): 9:55am On May 18, 2015
kitnah:
[size=30pt] If you're reading my story, you're my friend, please cast your vote for Adeh39, tomorrow, Thanks!!!!!![/size]

https://www.nairaland.com/2320383/miss-nairaland-contest-2015-elimination
AND TYPE:
I VOTE ADEH39
I VOTE MARIAMFERANMI
I VOTE AIPETEE2
Cc:nljega
Tanx for your coperation
Re: Burdens by Nobody: 11:19am On May 18, 2015
Godwin was stunned to see his wife in a chirpy mood, the house looks organised and to cap it all, she was chatting with her daughter. Incredible!
"Hey, you're welcome" Anita said and smiled.
Godwin was glad to see her smile, but he knew that smile will vanish soon, He would have wanted her to keep smiling, but fate was about to have its way.
"I'm good, thanks' He said
"Bolu, princess, enter your room" She said and her daughter left the room. "You look pale, you're not okay, what is it??" She asked.
Tony took a sharp intake of breath and handed her, the sack letter.
Anita opened the letter and gasped " what was your offence?"
"Nothing,they have privatise it and I happen to be among the unlucky workers,Matt was relegated to the post of secretary"
"Goodness! How are we going to cope with two children in this present economy, you see the reason why I told you to allow me to work??"
"You brought the issue about two weeks ago, so within that two weeks, you would have made enough profit"
Anita stared at her husband.
"I don't understand why this is happening, they even requested you to vacate this house"
"Yes, we have to vacate"

Anita felt tears streaming down her face, its time to accept the truth that sometimes life isn't fair, why is it that all that she touches tumble down?? She was still thinking of telling her husband, all that transpired between her and Jane.
She was determined to attack with patience, what she knew was going to be a whole lot of test to her, she knew things were going to get tougher. The scaring part was that she had no idea if she was prepared. Few minutes ago, she was happy and excited.
Fate has its way of surprising us. She thought.
Anita felt sorry for herself as if nobody had ever been treated so badly.

"What do we do??" She asked weakly.
Re: Burdens by harjibolar10(m): 12:23pm On May 18, 2015
Keep em coming ma'am
Re: Burdens by sammyomotola: 12:10am On May 19, 2015
We dey follow u sisx, more
Re: Burdens by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 28, 2015
how you doing kitnah,longest time well done

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Romantic Story : Nurse Sandra (18+) Season 1 Episode 1 / The Most Amazing Facts / My Life As A Secondary School Teacher SEASON 2(by Abayomi Oluwafaith)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.