Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,479 members, 7,781,401 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:52 PM

How Do I Disconnect A Computer From The Server? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Do I Disconnect A Computer From The Server? (1019 Views)

Shutting Down A Computer Using Notepad (beginners Tutorial) / If You Were Imprisoned In A Room For 3 Months, Had A Computer With Internet..... / Were Can A Computer Science Do SWIES / IT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Disconnect A Computer From The Server? by semasir: 7:43pm On Apr 30, 2015
Hello ...
I recently got an offer somewhere in a school and their computer systems are all connected to the server before it can be available for use or run any program.
Lately, the application (server) was uninstalled hence the systems cannot be used except they're connected and are just idle.
I need to know how or what to do to disable them and make them work as normal desktop computers without a computer system as server before they can be used.
Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks.
Re: How Do I Disconnect A Computer From The Server? by Fulaman198(m): 8:29pm On Apr 30, 2015
semasir:
Hello ...
I recently got an offer somewhere in a school and their computer systems are all connected to the server before it can be available for use or run any program.
Lately, the application (server) was uninstalled hence the systems cannot be used except they're connected and are just idle.
I need to know how or what to do to disable them and make them work as normal desktop computers without a computer system as server before they can be used.
Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks.

This is a very vague question or request. You could simply reformat them from scratch :-D or on the more technical side of things, what you could do is disable the services that the servers provide (DNS, DHCP, HTTP/HTTPS, SMTP, etc. etc.)
Re: How Do I Disconnect A Computer From The Server? by yutsuf(m): 1:03pm On Jun 21, 2015
command print. type: ipconfig /release
Re: How Do I Disconnect A Computer From The Server? by Fulaman198(m): 6:12pm On Jun 21, 2015
yutsuf:
command print. type: ipconfig /release

that just removes a computer from being connected to its DHCP server.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Disconnect A Computer From The Server? by yutsuf(m): 8:57am On Jun 22, 2015
Fulaman198:

that just removes a computer from being connected to its DHCP server.
oh! merci

(1) (Reply)

Best Websites To Learn Programming For Free / Required Skills Of A 2020 Server Side Developer / I Want To Withdraw My Money From Freelancer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.