Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,508 members, 7,808,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:10 PM

Oba Of Benin Is Dead? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin Is Dead? (762 Views)

Oba Of Benin, Ewuare, Punishes Family For Organising Burial Despite Ban / Benin Kingdom Vs Yoruba Race: Why Oba Of Benin Is Number One, By Odia Ofeimun / Oba Of Benin Is Alive -traditional Council (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oba Of Benin Is Dead? by August21(m): 7:52pm On Apr 30, 2015
Rumors being circulated around Benin the capital of Edo state has it that the Oba of Benin is dead. According to tradition it is still being kept from the public. The Oba of Benin has not been seen for some time now and According to sources in the palace it seems the Oba died early this month. A formal announcement will be made anytime soon.
Re: Oba Of Benin Is Dead? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Apr 30, 2015
Please try to read it.

Oriyomi works at a meat distribution factory.

One day, when he finished with his work schedule, he went into the meat coldroom (Freezer) to inspect something, but in a moment of badluck, the door closed and he was locked inside with no help in sight.

Although he screamed and knocked with all his might, his cries went unheard as no one could hear him.

Most of the workers had already gone and outside the coldroom, it's impossible to hear what was going on inside.

Five hours later, whilst Oriyomi was on the verge of death the security guard of the factory unexpectedly opened the door and saved Oriyomi.

Later on, Oriyomi asked the security guard what made him to open the door, as it wasn't part of his work routine.

His explanation: "I've been working in this factory for 35 years, hundreds of workers come in and out everyday, but you're one of the few who greet me in the morning and say goodbye to me every night when leaving after working hours.

Many treat me as if I am invisible.

Today, like every other day, you greeted me in your simple manner 'Hello' at the entrance when resuming for work...

But curiously, after working hours today, I observed I've not heard your 'bye, see you tomorrow'.

Hence I decided to check around the factory.

I look forward to your 'Hi' and 'bye' everyday.

To you, I am someone.

By not hearing your farewell, I knew something had happened.

Then I sought and found you!"

Oriyomi was dumbfounded!

End of Story.

"Moral Lesson to reflect upon".

Be humble, love and respect those around you.

Our little act of care can mean a lot.

The only thing many people want in us is that little effort of caring, not our riches!

Life is too short!

A minute can have an impact on people in ways we can't even imagine, especially the everyday people in our lives.

So, I say, let the teaching warm all hearts!
Re: Oba Of Benin Is Dead? by 1shortblackboy: 12:36am On May 02, 2015
Sammysammy101:
Please try to read it.

Oriyomi works at a meat distribution factory.

One day, when he finished with his work schedule, he went into the meat coldroom (Freezer) to inspect something, but in a moment of badluck, the door closed and he was locked inside with no help in sight.

Although he screamed and knocked with all his might, his cries went unheard as no one could hear him.

Most of the workers had already gone and outside the coldroom, it's impossible to hear what was going on inside.

Five hours later, whilst Oriyomi was on the verge of death the security guard of the factory unexpectedly opened the door and saved Oriyomi.

Later on, Oriyomi asked the security guard what made him to open the door, as it wasn't part of his work routine.

His explanation: "I've been working in this factory for 35 years, hundreds of workers come in and out everyday, but you're one of the few who greet me in the morning and say goodbye to me every night when leaving after working hours.

Many treat me as if I am invisible.

Today, like every other day, you greeted me in your simple manner 'Hello' at the entrance when resuming for work...

But curiously, after working hours today, I observed I've not heard your 'bye, see you tomorrow'.

Hence I decided to check around the factory.

I look forward to your 'Hi' and 'bye' everyday.

To you, I am someone.

By not hearing your farewell, I knew something had happened.

Then I sought and found you!"

Oriyomi was dumbfounded!

End of Story.

"Moral Lesson to reflect upon".

Be humble, love and respect those around you.

Our little act of care can mean a lot.

The only thing many people want in us is that little effort of caring, not our riches!

Life is too short!

A minute can have an impact on people in ways we can't even imagine, especially the everyday people in our lives.

So, I say, let the teaching warm all hearts!
cool story but what has this got to do with the topic

(1) (Reply)

Olu Of Warri Visits Adams Oshiomole / Pls Be Prayerful. They Are Everywhere Even On Logos / Street Begging Vs Corporate Begging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.