Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way (44942 Views)

Infinix Note 3: A Big Phone With Big Promises / Airtel Trybe Night Browsing A Big Scam / Hmmm MTN Do Well Oooooh This Time Is N33600 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by Fulaman198(m): 9:13am On May 04, 2015
Collinz2:
it can rum them at dosent mean it can do the full feature which the app perform on android and ios

We shall see
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by AAinEqGuinea: 9:39am On May 04, 2015
undecided undecided undecided undecided

Goddamn windows and Microsoft.... angry

Firstly, what is windows 10 other than Microsoft's attempt at staying fresh and relevant? Claiming a state of art start menu which is them admitting they screwed up with win 8’s start menu, saying "so with win 10 here's what we really wanted to do... go back to what worked plus making start menu icons needlessly animated. And, ahh yesss, we're going to kill our flagstaff browser too, bloat our App Store with the dullest library of apps you ever seen,... and there u have it folks, windows 10!"

This continuity thing is not only stale and late, but has the smallest platform of applicability. This technology hinges on me being lost in some completely random life scenario to finally concede to Microsoft, "this continuity thing was a life-saver that one time I needed to blow up my excel sheet to a bigger screen" undecided

Sorry fulaman, but Microsoft could be doing better.

2 Likes

Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by Sammyprinceson(f): 1:22pm On May 04, 2015
Ok na
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by Aitee1: 1:22pm On May 04, 2015
adeitoro:
as long as OS is concern, window will always lead the pack

android and ios are noise makers

You lie...android rocks!
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by simplymade(m): 1:24pm On May 04, 2015
Ati window 10,ati window 1

Mi o worry

Window ni window nje
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by Boss13: 1:25pm On May 04, 2015
adeitoro:

Microsoft must admit to itself that it has lost the mobile market and indulge in research to create the next big thing.

1 Like

Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by goshen26: 1:25pm On May 04, 2015
so I should be saving my money into their acct without withdraw........smh..........wey my Nokia torch?
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by chmod777: 1:26pm On May 04, 2015
Ubuntu did this 2years ago and its been there for the Linux geeks. Android is a grand son of Linux though.
adeitoro:

Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by herald9: 1:31pm On May 04, 2015
Nice innovation...But windows apps are still scarce...

I rather stick to my android...
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by herald9: 1:31pm On May 04, 2015

1 Like

Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by herald9: 1:32pm On May 04, 2015

Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by joromi: 1:33pm On May 04, 2015
Fulaman198:

You do realize that windows 10 can run Android and iOS apps now right?

If this is true, then it's finished... sad
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by Nobody: 1:35pm On May 04, 2015
martineverest:
Dis is d feature dat ll make windows phone a hit....windows continuum is a revolution

Without apps, this can't go anywhere.
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by newfound2012: 1:36pm On May 04, 2015
Fulaman198:

You do realize that windows 10 can run Android and iOS apps now right?
Are asking because you know and you want others to know or you are you asking because You don't know?
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by wtfCode: 1:37pm On May 04, 2015
i love both of 'em. Windows for laptops and bigger gadgets. Android for smartphones. Thats the way i like them.
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by wtfCode: 1:38pm On May 04, 2015
i love both of 'em. Windows for laptops and bigger gadgets. Android for smartphones. Thats the way i like them.
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by Etizz: 1:39pm On May 04, 2015
I did not get anything from here oh... Abi I nor know how to read n understand again?
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by maxman10(m): 1:40pm On May 04, 2015
Now they are thinking outta the box, or is it thinking smarter... hehe! smiley
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by chiedu7: 1:44pm On May 04, 2015
My only wahala is that Windows 10 interface tends to be ugly
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by ITbomb(m): 1:53pm On May 04, 2015
Bigger stuff
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by Akainzo(m): 1:56pm On May 04, 2015
Fulaman198:
"Event thought its distributing versions of its Windows 10 operating system to anyone and everyone who wants to try them, it wasn’t until this week that Microsoft revealed a Windows 10 for phones feature that wasn’t just a rehash of something it’d done before. On stage at its developer conference Microsoft showed a new feature that’ll allow users to turn their smartphones into Windows Desktop PCs.

The feature that lets Windows 10 for Phones morph into Desktop PCs isn’t completely new to Windows 10. In fact, it’s the Continuum feature that lets Windows 10 2-in-1s and tablets switch in and out of Tablet Mode when no keyboard is detected. On stage during the BUILD 2015 keynote, Microsoft executive Joe Belfiore showed off what he called Continuum for Phones."

Source: http://www.gottabemobile.com/2015/04/30/microsoft-reveals-stunning-windows-10-for-phones-feature/

This is great. very good to see that Technology companies are finally delivering what the customers want.

However, everything delivered on this Universal Mode by Win10 has been present on the TWO YEARS OLD BlackBerry Z30!

While laying on my bed, my Z30 connects to my Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse and displays on my LG 32" LED TV, and I use it as my main device. One guy actually uses it in place of his laptop all year round.

Note that while the video showed 2-Screen mode for Phone and Display, the Z30 can SIMULTANEOUSLY (wireless) play a Video on a Smart TV while playing Music on a Bluetooth Speaker and BOTH have their SEPARATE audio filtering through and you can INDEPENDENTLY adjust any of the 2 audio volumes.

The screen scaling though is what the Win10 does that we are still waiting for BlackBerry to implement. The BB10 OS is an awesome platform.

2 Likes

Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by kalakuta100: 2:19pm On May 04, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:
undecided undecided undecided undecided

Goddamn windows and Microsoft.... angry

Firstly, what is windows 10 other than Microsoft's attempt at staying fresh and relevant? Claiming a state of art start menu which is them admitting they screwed up with win 8’s start menu, saying "so with win 10 here's what we really wanted to do... go back to what worked plus making start menu icons needlessly animated. And, ahh yesss, we're going to kill our flagstaff browser too, bloat our App Store with the dullest library of apps you ever seen,... and there u have it folks, windows 10!"

This continuity thing is not only stale and late, but has the smallest platform of applicability. This technology hinges on me being lost in some completely random life scenario to finally conceit to Microsoft, "this continuity thing was a life-saver that one time I needed to blow up my excel sheet to a bigger screen" undecided

Sorry fulaman, but Microsoft could be doing better.

i really wish you knew much about Windows 10 before you decided to vomit nonsense windows 10 though incomplete I'd by far the best os....satya nadella the new Microsoft ceo came in with the idea of one wineries and they are already achieving it....Imagine your games downloaded on your Xbox can be played on the pc or tablet without redownloading... All windows devices are sync from hololens,to tablet to pc to phone and even to the Microsoft watch it is one windows for all. So please make sure you are aware of something before you blurt out rubbish.......for more windows info visit wpcentral.com
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by kalakuta100: 2:22pm On May 04, 2015
Akainzo:

This is great. very good to see that Technology companies are finally delivering what the customers want.

However, everything delivered on this Universal Mode by Win10 has been present on the TWO YEARS OLD BlackBerry Z30!

While laying on my bed, my Z30 connects to my Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse and displays on my LG 32" LED TV, and I use it as my main device. One guy actually uses it in place of his laptop all year round.

Note that while the video showed 2-Screen mode for Phone and Display, the Z30 can SIMULTANEOUSLY (wireless) play a Video on a Smart TV while playing Music on a Bluetooth Speaker and BOTH have their SEPARATE audio filtering through and you can INDEPENDENTLY adjust any of the 2 audio volumes.

The screen scaling though is what the Win10 does that we are still waiting for BlackBerry to implement. The BB10 OS is an awesome platform.
if you really know anything about Windows 10 you won't compare... Agreed bb10 is a great os but it still has a long way to go before you can match it up with Windows 10
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by Nicepoker(m): 2:30pm On May 04, 2015
aceTS:
Microsoft should just stick to making windows for pc better. That is their niche. All these attempts at mobile os is just a waste of money and more importantly time.
Truth is bitter. Ios and android are the market leaders and this is not about to end
it technology don't be timid to take the challenge.
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by manutdadex(m): 2:36pm On May 04, 2015
newfound2012:

Are asking because you know and you want others to know or you are you asking because You don't know?
yes it is true...but bb 10s also run android apps but who is dieing and living? If e no b panadol e no fit b like panadol
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by obyno6203: 2:47pm On May 04, 2015
if they want make dem produce doors android rocks
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by AgentOfAllah: 2:56pm On May 04, 2015
aceTS:

You are right about Every thing having an end. Windows mobile has being around for a while now. When it came out, android wasn't this dominant. Ios was the leader.And windows mobile was touted as the next big thing. In fact, my first smartphone In 2008 was a windows phone, the samsung omnia i900. I loved that phone. It was like walking about with a pc. This is 2015, the windows narrative is still about potential.
I think the major reason windows mobile os hasn't being quietly discarded is because Microsoft is big and financially strong enough to withstand the absence of the profits it had hoped to get from the mobile os market.
No matter how windows zealots try to spin it, that os is not going to be popular any time soon.
Like you said, everything has an end. Maybe the bell is tolling for the end of windows mobile.

Dude, you don't even have the slightest idea what you're talking about mate. First of all, Windows mobile =/= Windows phone. Windows mobile, the generation of OS that serviced your Omnia is dead. It has been dead since 2010! Before iPhone was launched in 2007, windows mobile was NOT "the next big thing" as you put it, it was actually THE poster definition of smartphones. IPhone killed windows mobile. To compete, MS shut down windows mobile and built a completely new mobiles OS from scratch, windows phone. This, I believe is still what MS is promoting, not windows mobile.

Actually, the revenue from the sales of winpho devices by MS has been waxing stronger. MS made $1.4 billion in just the sales of Lumia phones during last the quarter of its FY15 results. Windows phone penetration is growing. Slowly, no doubt, but it is neither stagnant nor receding, so proclaim your prophecies of doom when its sales actually stagnate so as not to come across as a half-baked techie.
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by Nobody: 2:57pm On May 04, 2015
Mobile is the future... they need their own piece of the pie. They dont need to be the best in Mobile, they just need a strong presence.

aceTS:
Microsoft should just stick to making windows for pc better. That is their niche. All these attempts at mobile os is just a waste of money and more importantly time.
Truth is bitter. Ios and android are the market leaders and this is not about to end
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by Dekatron(m): 3:09pm On May 04, 2015
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by activefibre1(m): 3:24pm On May 04, 2015
i need it becos of the personal assitance , contana, that predicted the worldcup matches correctly. Nairabet.
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by Bollinger(m): 3:52pm On May 04, 2015
Darn it. I was gonna upgrade to Samsung galaxy 4 in the summer, looks like i might give this phone a try. Looks awesome and the concept is a blast.
Re: Microsoft has done it again, this time in a big way by martineverest(m): 3:54pm On May 04, 2015
They re about to rectify dat...developers neglected windows cos of low sales of windows phones.to rectify dat,microsoft decided to unify all windows devices(which were using seperate operating system)..once a developer developes an app for windows phones,it automatically available for pc(with more than 1.5billion in number) and xbox.this ll automatically attracts developers to the platform
ollah1:

Without apps, this can't go anywhere.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gionee M2mini Discussion Thread / Top 10 Hottest Chinese Smartphone Brands / Be Careful Of Your Phones And Phone Addiction, See Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.