Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,298 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:04 AM

I Will Hand Over Terror-Free Nigeria – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Hand Over Terror-Free Nigeria – Jonathan (21365 Views)

Buhari Orders DSS To Hand Over Judges Cases To EFCC / Obasanjo Uncovers Plot To Hand Over To Military Should Jonathan Lose / I Will Hand Over If I Lose, Says President Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Hand Over Terror-Free Nigeria – Jonathan by msmon(m): 9:55pm On Apr 30, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan on Thursday promised that he would do all within his powers to ensure that all parts of the country still under the control of terrorists and insurgents were totally liberated before May 29.

A statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Dr. Reuben Abati, quoted the President as making the promise while receiving a delegation of Heads of Customs from the West and Central African Region of the World Customs Organisation, led by the Secretary-General of the organisation, Mr. Kunio Mikuriya.

The delegation visited Jonathan at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

Jonathan reportedly told his guests that he was determined to hand over a country completely free of terrorist strongholds to the President-elect Muhammadu Buhari.

He was further quoted as saying the ongoing military operations in the North-East had already recorded huge successes, with two states completely free from the control of terrorists, while operations in the third state had reached a concluding stage.

“We can now say two states are completely free from terrorist control, while in the third state, it is only in one Local Government Area that they are still present. That is in the Sambisa Forest,” the President told his guests.

Jonathan also noted that the military had already moved into the forest to seize the remaining camps of the terrorists, adding that the recent rescue of about 300 abducted girls and women was further evidence of the success being achieved in the ongoing operation.

On his decision to concede victory to the President-elect before all the results of the presidential elections were announced, Jonathan said elections must be approached from a nationalistic point of view.

“Our elections should be about where Nigeria is going. If Nigeria is moving forward, it is for the good of all Nigerians. My children and grandchildren will live and grow in this country and contribute to it.

“I always tell my colleagues to leave office when their time is up. We are trying to encourage African leaders not to remain in power as kings until death,’’ he said.

www.punchng.com/news/i-will-hand-over-terror-free-nigeria-jonathan/

28 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Will Hand Over Terror-Free Nigeria – Jonathan by Ruffychuks: 9:58pm On Apr 30, 2015
goodluck + failure = mama peace.
if say I fit see dis man make i light am one slap

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Hand Over Terror-Free Nigeria – Jonathan by Nobody: 10:00pm On Apr 30, 2015
The poster above me need hard reset slap for being a mentally r*etarded clown.

163 Likes 15 Shares

Re: I Will Hand Over Terror-Free Nigeria – Jonathan by SHARIAREPORTERS: 10:00pm On Apr 30, 2015
A great president Hope we won't regret voting u out

79 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Will Hand Over Terror-Free Nigeria – Jonathan by Nobody: 10:04pm On Apr 30, 2015
I will miss goodluck ebele jonathan for his slow approach in tackling problems

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Will Hand Over Terror-Free Nigeria – Jonathan by temitemi1(m): 10:04pm On Apr 30, 2015
GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my RoLE MODEL!!

123 Likes 14 Shares

Re: I Will Hand Over Terror-Free Nigeria – Jonathan by Nobody: 10:05pm On Apr 30, 2015
temitemi1:
Is this the best u can do?

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Hand Over Terror-Free Nigeria – Jonathan by msmon(m): 10:07pm On Apr 30, 2015
He'll if only he has another four year to hand over. SNAIL!

If Nigeria is terror-free on/before May 29, I will walk on Ogun river bare footed. Trust me!

16 Likes

Re: I Will Hand Over Terror-Free Nigeria – Jonathan by Nobody: 10:10pm On Apr 30, 2015
temitemi1:
Buhari said he will start arresting those calling Jonathan Hero from 30th of may.

I will advice you to go to Otuoke main village and never think of coming bk.

Source: www.robot.com

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Hand Over Terror-Free Nigeria – Jonathan by Nobody: 10:12pm On Apr 30, 2015
Thats good @ ex-president(jonathan) although its too late.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Hand Over Terror-Free Nigeria – Jonathan by Ruffychuks: 10:16pm On Apr 30, 2015
starlingslimnet:
1st slap ur popsy. total cow I don't blame u na ur pops I blame 4 d lack of drilling, only 2hrs wit me n u will b a changed man

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Hand Over Terror-Free Nigeria – Jonathan by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 30, 2015
never too late.,

but too late to change the election result

bravo Gej

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Hand Over Terror-Free Nigeria – Jonathan by ozo13(m): 10:21pm On Apr 30, 2015
Please make sure d chibok gals r returned to dr parents. No jus set trap for d incoming president

1 Like

Re: I Will Hand Over Terror-Free Nigeria – Jonathan by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 30, 2015
he finally woke up frm his sleeps....its too late cos u've been terminated!

2 Likes

That will be great sir.

4 Likes

Re: I Will Hand Over Terror-Free Nigeria – Jonathan by Drsheddy(m): 10:22pm On Apr 30, 2015
K
Re: I Will Hand Over Terror-Free Nigeria – Jonathan by dre11(m): 10:22pm On Apr 30, 2015
Let see how it goes
Re: I Will Hand Over Terror-Free Nigeria – Jonathan by kekeerin: 10:22pm On Apr 30, 2015
classic
Re: I Will Hand Over Terror-Free Nigeria – Jonathan by luckman20(m): 10:22pm On Apr 30, 2015
Iweala be like
Haba Oga!

1 Like

Re: I Will Hand Over Terror-Free Nigeria – Jonathan by Nobody: 10:22pm On Apr 30, 2015
Are you going to ensure that Shekau, Asari, Tompolo and all the other terrorists and ex-militants are dead or in prison before May 29th? If no then please. . . . .please. . . .just respect urself.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Hand Over Terror-Free Nigeria – Jonathan by loomer: 10:22pm On Apr 30, 2015
starlingslimnet:

If another thing wey more than hard reset de, na that thing the fool need

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Hand Over Terror-Free Nigeria – Jonathan by freedom96: 10:23pm On Apr 30, 2015
Nigeria with no mama peace,no diezani,no Stella oduah,no doyin otueke cheesy,no fami-fani kayode, cheesy.Terror free Nigeria indeed.....*sighs*

Free at last,free at last.Change has come!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Hand Over Terror-Free Nigeria – Jonathan by WendellSimilin: 10:23pm On Apr 30, 2015
Re: I Will Hand Over Terror-Free Nigeria – Jonathan by Nobody: 10:23pm On Apr 30, 2015
I dey laugh oo cheesy

2 Likes

Re: I Will Hand Over Terror-Free Nigeria – Jonathan by Anyi3(m): 10:24pm On Apr 30, 2015
I'm not his fan but this man worked in the last 2 months more than his entire 4 abi 6 years put together.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Hand Over Terror-Free Nigeria – Jonathan by Shaadey: 10:24pm On Apr 30, 2015
Ok we don hear....you don dey talk talk nowadays o
Hmmm maybe youself don dey feel the change
We really can't wait for May 29th sire

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Adekunle Akinlade Campaigns With Buhari's Picture / Five Senators-elect Jostle For Deputy Senate Presidency (names) / Secessionists Are Wasting Their Time — Olumba Olumba Obu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.