Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:53 AM

How Do I Know If It's A Stolen Car? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Do I Know If It's A Stolen Car? (1062 Views)

Help! How Do I Confirm I Have Not Bought A Stolen Car. / Stolen Car!!! Plsss Help / How Do I Know That My Car Is Due For Oil Change? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Know If It's A Stolen Car? by yaso(m): 10:45pm On Apr 30, 2015
I am about buying a Golf 4 from a seller I don't know much off. Am actually paying 450k for this modern Golf 4 vehicle but my fear is this; how do I know if I am buying a stolen vehicle because I don't want to be caught up in a mess for buying a car....Please advice me please.... Golf 4 for 450k........Although na second hand oo
Re: How Do I Know If It's A Stolen Car? by RoyalBlak007: 10:46pm On Apr 30, 2015
Police Is Your Friend
Re: How Do I Know If It's A Stolen Car? by iduzebaba(m): 10:47pm On Apr 30, 2015
shoro niyen.... d car no get papers ni
Re: How Do I Know If It's A Stolen Car? by yaso(m): 11:01pm On Apr 30, 2015
iduzebaba:
shoro niyen.... d car no get papers ni

How do I detect it from the papers
Re: How Do I Know If It's A Stolen Car? by camaro(m): 6:47am On May 01, 2015
Politely ask the owner for his license or Id card to confirm the authenticity of the the name written on the [b][/b]Original copy of the vehicle documents. Make sure that the certificate of ownership is an original copy and probably.
Re: How Do I Know If It's A Stolen Car? by chillex8(m): 7:16am On May 01, 2015
Now you don't want a stolen vehicle...

But you knew the price was to cheap to be true.

No solace for you. If you are caught, no amount of plea will suffice.
Re: How Do I Know If It's A Stolen Car? by yaso(m): 7:38am On May 01, 2015
chillex8:
Now you don't want a stolen vehicle...

But you knew the price was to cheap to be true.

No solace for you. If you are caught, no amount of plea will suffice.

Guy I didn't tell you its a tokunbo car...Its a second hand vehicle and a golf 4 can be gotten for that amount. Am not scared bout the car, I just don't want to kill somebody because of 400huns...thus am seeking your advice to avert murder

1 Like

Re: How Do I Know If It's A Stolen Car? by chillex8(m): 7:48am On May 01, 2015
yaso:

Guy I didn't tell you its a tokunbo car...Its a second hand vehicle and a golf 4 can be gotten for that amount. Am not scared bout the car, I just don't want to kill somebody because of 400huns...thus am seeking your advice to avert murder

If so, then why did you say and I quote "golf 4 for 450k"
Re: How Do I Know If It's A Stolen Car? by ogawisdom(m): 11:25am On May 01, 2015
Yawns

Now when buying a second hand car d most impt thing after ascertaining dt d car is sound is d identity of d seller. U must get his biodata n he must b d kind of person u can easily show to d police if kasala burst. Dts y ppl in decent employment lik doctors, lecturers, civil servant, banker, teacher, company workers plus registered car dealers r ur best bet bc they can b traced easily to their office n they won't leave their job n run.

Generally, interview d seller n u shld tell by his ans if sth is fishy or nt. Dnt b in a haste to seal d deal until u r convinced. If he tries to hurry u n slashes price b careful

Once a hustler without identity/occupation/office wants to sell a car on behalf of someone he won't let u see then b careful.

Any car document can b forged but knowing d seller saves u d stress of being behind bars n labelled a criminal though ur money is lost
Re: How Do I Know If It's A Stolen Car? by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 01, 2015
In addition to Camaro n wisdom's comments.... Take the chassis number n plate number.,. Crosscheck with the FRSC or licencing office... The data must tally...with the owner's names... Date of first reg in Nigeria..and whenever possible pay into the seller's bank account
Re: How Do I Know If It's A Stolen Car? by dotna(m): 5:06pm On May 01, 2015
Nice topic

(1) (Reply)

Pls...am In A Cross-roads / Help Toyota Rav4 2002 / Your Car Deserves This But You've Been Depriving It Of It Righ(car Owners Only)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.