Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,323 members, 7,808,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:54 AM

Hey You Knucklehead Producers- Get a business manager - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Hey You Knucklehead Producers- Get a business manager (512 Views)

Iroko TV Owner Jason Njoku Cheating Nollywood, Nigerian Film Producers / How Much Does Alaba Pay Movie Producers For Their Movies? / The Johnsons-producers Run Out Of Ideas? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hey You Knucklehead Producers- Get a business manager by lynx200(m): 6:46am On May 01, 2015
Most times when discussing with my clients (content producers) for the screenwriting I want to do for them, I ask if they have thought out ways of getting the investment in their content back. From the answers I get its obvious they never gave it much thought. Many who think I am onto a sinister plot (What do you expect? It’s the Naija way!) refuse to answer or say they will cross the bridge when they get there and many just mumble about getting it onto a cinema screen as if doing that will unlock all the money in the world for them.
Making money from cinemas is daunting as there are small in number, too expensive for the average Nigerian and the cinema gives the producer only 20% of the gate takings! That’s why many producers are dropping out of the business or doing TV series which is sold to Africa magic and the VOD services like irokotv and dobox. Even surviving on the VOD platforms is difficult which is why many sell their content outright to them rather than share revenue. Check the rest of the article on http://www.jovibabs.com/hey-you-knucklehead-producers/
Re: Hey You Knucklehead Producers- Get a business manager by lynx200(m): 4:39pm On May 01, 2015
I have just written the second part of this article. Here are some exceprts.

...Without a business side there would never have been Nollywood as it was some Onitsha and Aba based traders who financed the first wave of Nollywood films in the early 90s and sold them to the customers. (Okay, I hear you. They did something reliable then but their time has run out as they have refused to change) Today with the crisis in the industry a film maker has to consider the business side in order to attract business partners and how to make their investments profitable. This can be very stressful I know (Its crazy just trying to make a film alone) and most filmmakers don’t have the required business experience to navigate the business world so I will advice that you get a business manager/consultant.

Yes, you heard me right. Before you baulk at the additional expenses consider the value. A good business manager/consultant (one who has experience in running and growing a business and not just a guy with an MBA) should help your budget go far enough and still help you bring out something qualitative...Read the rest here http://www.jovibabs.com/hey-you-knucklehead-producers-2-get-a-business-manager/

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Potential Screenwriter / The Walking Dead S06E03 / 3-d Cinema In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.