Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

We’ll Prosecute Security Personnel For Electoral Offences — Buhari - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / We’ll Prosecute Security Personnel For Electoral Offences — Buhari (12076 Views)

7 Jailable Traffic Offences In Lagos / IGP Bars Financial Security personnel from putting on police uniforms / Electoral Offences That Could Lead To Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’ll Prosecute Security Personnel For Electoral Offences — Buhari by zeekz(m): 7:26am On May 01, 2015
ABUJA—Barely four days after he vowed to probe the Nigerian National Petroleum Corperation, NNPC, over the missing $20bn, the president-elect, Mohammadu Buhari has said that his government would not spare any security personnel found guilty of electoral offences in the last general elections.

He said that the crimes of ballot snatching and the prevention of the use of card readers by soldiers must not go unpunished

Making particular reference to Edo, Imo and Rivers States, Buhari said that he had already instructed the affected governors to document all offences alleged to have been perpetrated by the personnel.

According to him, those to be prosecuted cuts across the Nigerian Army, Police, Department of State Security Service, DSS and other paramilitary organisations.

Buhari disclosed this when he received in audience members of the South East Caucus of the All Progressives Congress, APC who were at the Defence House in Abuja to congratulate him on his electoral victory.

He commended the efforts of Governors Rochas Okorocha, Adams Oshomole and Chibuike Ameachi of Imo, Edo and Rivers States for preventing the security personnel who attempted to snatch the ballot boxes and disallow the use of card readers.

He said that the governors literally fought on the streets of their respective states to prevent soldiers and some officers of DSS who were involved in the crimes from executing their mission.

Meanwhile, the south east caucus was primarily at the Defense House to solicit Buhari’s assistance in getting the slot of the Speakership or Deputy Speakership of the House of Representatives

But outside this, the caucus also presented the former Governor of Abia State, Dr. Ogbonnaya Onu as their preferred choice for the office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, SGF.

Okorocha who led the caucus said “We know that we have lost out for the position of the senate presidency because we did not have ranking senator returned to the National assembly, we however appeal and we believe that you will be generous enough to consider the south east region to be considered for the position of the SGF”.

Okorocha who is the chairman of the caucus added that Buhari’s victory had helped them from being forced into going on exile.

“We (South east, APC) are more victorious than you are on your victory at the presidential election. May of us would have gone on exile if you had lost. Although, we could not deliver the south east to you, what we were able to do however was to cut down the 7.2 million votes the PDP had projected to get from the south east”, he said.

Also speaking, Onu expressed joy that Buhari’s victory has brought unity to the country.

He said “Nigeria is more united now. The division that existed in the country had been reduced due to Buhari’s victory”.

Responding, the president-elect thanked the caucus for cutting down the volume of votes for the ruling PDP in the zone and reassured them that his government would not discriminate against anyone irrespective of tribe, party or religion.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/well-prosecute-security-personnel-for-electoral-offences-buhari/

3 Likes

Re: We’ll Prosecute Security Personnel For Electoral Offences — Buhari by wachakuta(m): 7:28am On May 01, 2015
Government is about to change!

Looking forward to may 29th

7 Likes

Re: We’ll Prosecute Security Personnel For Electoral Offences — Buhari by kelvine(m): 7:29am On May 01, 2015
Not again...more promises in advance. Let's wait till May 29 dear president.

8 Likes

Re: We’ll Prosecute Security Personnel For Electoral Offences — Buhari by galadima77(m): 7:31am On May 01, 2015
we go prosecute tire

7 Likes

Re: We’ll Prosecute Security Personnel For Electoral Offences — Buhari by januzaj(m): 7:40am On May 01, 2015
nice one

1 Like

Re: We’ll Prosecute Security Personnel For Electoral Offences — Buhari by Ezedon(m): 7:41am On May 01, 2015
This man, you ll soon be stoned, the way they did to T.A Orji

13 Likes

Re: We’ll Prosecute Security Personnel For Electoral Offences — Buhari by Pheals(f): 7:57am On May 01, 2015
Buhari should act and let us c it..i will do this and that is enough

10 Likes

Re: We’ll Prosecute Security Personnel For Electoral Offences — Buhari by Young03(m): 7:58am On May 01, 2015
Ah ds man, u no dey tire 4 ur statement...prosecuting all d tym

e be like say, he don drink madara sukudie

9 Likes

Re: We’ll Prosecute Security Personnel For Electoral Offences — Buhari by Nobody: 8:25am On May 01, 2015
He should focus on his transition first , not building up piling gang ups that can scuttle his smooth transition

7 Likes

Re: We’ll Prosecute Security Personnel For Electoral Offences — Buhari by efilefun(m): 10:27am On May 01, 2015
With this statement, Fayose must be sweating under his pants... grin grin grin grin #EkitiGates comes to mind. #Wike also not left out cuz their "god of okrika" wont be able to influence the result anymore... shocked shocked

@otijah Na you bring them The military said they aint chibok girls ooo

5 Likes

Re: We’ll Prosecute Security Personnel For Electoral Offences — Buhari by Bevista: 10:27am On May 01, 2015
I was hoping to see a direct quote in the article attributed to the General.

I would seriously like him to carry out this threat, though. Snatching of ballot boxes is the only game the PDP knows. Cripple this and you drown the sinking party.

3 Likes

Re: We’ll Prosecute Security Personnel For Electoral Offences — Buhari by Nobody: 10:27am On May 01, 2015
Okay.
Re: We’ll Prosecute Security Personnel For Electoral Offences — Buhari by tucky200(m): 10:28am On May 01, 2015
We knw 4 sure..like u once did
No criminal will escape any offence

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Prosecute Security Personnel For Electoral Offences — Buhari by otijah(m): 10:28am On May 01, 2015
That's What he came for FIGHT! FIGHT!! Until His tenure expires
GEJ will be missed when the time comes
Shebi chibok girls don come out from nowhere

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Prosecute Security Personnel For Electoral Offences — Buhari by Nobody: 10:28am On May 01, 2015
He said that the crimes of ballot snatching and the prevention of the use of card readers by soldiers must not go unpunished

The President Elect has spoken..

4 Likes

Re: We’ll Prosecute Security Personnel For Electoral Offences — Buhari by loomer: 10:29am On May 01, 2015
More music less talk

2 Likes

Re: We’ll Prosecute Security Personnel For Electoral Offences — Buhari by Nobody: 10:29am On May 01, 2015
[b]Buhari keeps making reference to Edo, Imo and Rivers. What about the north where underage voted and kwakwanso openly said they used Almajiri to vote?

Well I pray he continues with this segregation because that will lead to the eventual disintegration of this Nigeria trap quicker than expected. The so called Giant of Africa that has been sleeping since time immemorial.

Buhari was rejected across the South-South and South-East and if dem conduct election again today we go still reject am.

We simply want out of Nigeria. We nor wan do again ooo. We don tire. We want self actualisation and we want to rule ourselves. Everybody go your way.

The idiot Lord Lugard said if 100 years we can't cohabit we fit find our level. We want go oooooo oooooooo. Why does the North wants us in the same country? Don't they have enough slaves already?

Why do you people want us in the same country? One Nigeria my foot!! We are not one ooooo. Don't be deceived.

*I'm Christian, you're Muslim.
*I believe in education, you say education is a sin.
*I believe in 1 wife, u have 4.
*I don't kill to make heaven, u kill to make heaven and call it Jihad.
*I give birth to children I can take care of, u give birth to 20 children from 4 wives and they later become Almajiris and suicide bombers.
*I'm not born to rule, u believe you are.

HOW IN HEAVEN'S NAME ARE WE ONE?

[/b]

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We’ll Prosecute Security Personnel For Electoral Offences — Buhari by Soutien: 10:29am On May 01, 2015
Threats, threats and more threats. The era of threats has just begun.

6 Likes

Re: We’ll Prosecute Security Personnel For Electoral Offences — Buhari by Zico5(m): 10:29am On May 01, 2015
The glory of this election is for we the masses that make this change happens. The military and paramilitary have been compromised, so the incoming government has a lot to do in cleaning all these agencies for Nigeria to make headway.

1 Like

Re: We’ll Prosecute Security Personnel For Electoral Offences — Buhari by tempex88(m): 10:30am On May 01, 2015
/Persecute probe, etc anybody. Make fear first grip everybody say things don change. Then lay low and don't be distracted with probes. Focus on delivering the dividends of democracy. Baba na so we go run am.

2 Likes

Re: We’ll Prosecute Security Personnel For Electoral Offences — Buhari by Emmalot121(m): 10:30am On May 01, 2015
Good
Re: We’ll Prosecute Security Personnel For Electoral Offences — Buhari by Nobody: 10:30am On May 01, 2015
dee maa abiakwa,

uv started talking and promising buhari

not after u will say d fall in oil price ddnt give u enough money to probe d promised electoral fraud

#babaonechance
#basketmouth

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Prosecute Security Personnel For Electoral Offences — Buhari by nonxo007(m): 10:30am On May 01, 2015
GMB and his promises, we'll soon change his name to promise...

11 Likes

Re: We’ll Prosecute Security Personnel For Electoral Offences — Buhari by Hawlahscho(m): 10:30am On May 01, 2015
Baba is eager to begin.

1 Like

Re: We’ll Prosecute Security Personnel For Electoral Offences — Buhari by lionduke(m): 10:30am On May 01, 2015
Nawa ooo!!!. will you throw people into jail without trial, we are now in democracy.
Please focus on how to stabilize the global oil price and make 1 dollar equal 1 naira. #babaonechance

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Prosecute Security Personnel For Electoral Offences — Buhari by Nobody: 10:31am On May 01, 2015
Fayose is in trouble

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We’ll Prosecute Security Personnel For Electoral Offences — Buhari by knightsTempler: 10:31am On May 01, 2015
undecided

Buhari you are already the president elect, you are not campaigning any more, stop with the mantra of i will do this, i will do that. Last i checked talk is still cheap. After may 29th you can start taking actions instead of this pointless rhetoric, we getting bored with it already. Haba!

7 Likes

Re: We’ll Prosecute Security Personnel For Electoral Offences — Buhari by Nobody: 10:32am On May 01, 2015
Hope you will prosecute the security officials that snatched ballot boxes in apc's favor? Brainless senile old fool!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ll Prosecute Security Personnel For Electoral Offences — Buhari by Nobody: 10:32am On May 01, 2015
Crap

1 Like

Re: We’ll Prosecute Security Personnel For Electoral Offences — Buhari by tempex88(m): 10:32am On May 01, 2015
Persecute probe, etc anybody. Make fear first grip everybody say things don change. Then lay low and don't be distracted with probes. Focus on delivering the dividends of democracy. Baba na so we go run am.
Re: We’ll Prosecute Security Personnel For Electoral Offences — Buhari by obi4eze(m): 10:33am On May 01, 2015
Mbu

1 Like

Re: We’ll Prosecute Security Personnel For Electoral Offences — Buhari by Hawlahscho(m): 10:33am On May 01, 2015
SammyHoe:
Thinking that GEJ can still win this ongoing
election is like thinking the way I was
thinking when we are playing 2-2 with
PSG. I said, "We are going to play penalty."
Sai Baba!

Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Things You Would Do If You Had Only Twenty-Four Hours Left To Live / Interactive Thread With Nairaland Owner. Come In With Your Questions! / Brisket Bone Or Biscuit Bone, Which Is The Correct Term. Slide In To Know !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.