Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,772 members, 7,798,581 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:27 AM

Floyd Badweather? #rollingstonewithmikeawoyinfa - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Floyd Badweather? #rollingstonewithmikeawoyinfa (345 Views)

Floyd Mayweather Gets Giant Bodyguards – You Dare Not Near Me, See Photos / E! News: Khloe Kardashian Wants Floyd Mayweather In Her Bed / Floyd Mayweather Vs Manny Pacquaio: Make Each Punch Count & 5 Other Lessons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Floyd Badweather? #rollingstonewithmikeawoyinfa by famobaba(m): 10:37am On May 01, 2015
By MIKE AWOYINFA

AFFICIONADOES of the “sweet science” of boxing will tomorrow night feast on their dream fight. The long-awaited fight. The fight that many thought would not be possible.
As a boxing fan, I have yearned for it, wished for it, prayed for it. And finally, it is here. Tonight in Las Vegas, Floyd Mayweather, the unbeaten boxing champion will finally walk into the ring to face the man he has consistently avoided: Manny Pacquiao. The pride of Philippines. The bionic fighter, slugger and a brutal puncher with a fist of iron.
This is boxing at its best. It’s the best versus the best. The best defensive boxer against the best attacking boxer. The thinking and adjusting fighter versus the ever-surging fighter always coming at you to rip off your head. The vain, boastful, undefeated champion who knows all the tricks in the book of boxing against the one who has tasted defeated yet is still the man to beat the undefeated. This is a clash of contrasting styles. It is a tough one. And anyone can win.
Great fights have come and gone. Fights I keep rolling back the tapes to watch on Youtube. Fights like Cassius Clay versus Sonny Liston, Mohammed Ali versus Joe Frazier I, Thomas Hearns versus Sugar Ray Leonard, Sugar Ray Leonard versus Marvin Hagler, Mike Tyson versus Evander Holyfield. But none of these fights can match the expectations of Manny Pacquiao versus Floyd Mayweather. It’s a fight between a man who came from nothing to something versus a man who from day one has been trained not to lose a fight. It is a fight between vanity and humility. It is a fight between the loud and the quiet. It is a fight between a fighter with the bad boy image and a fighter who looks meek, humble and prays before a fight. It is a fight between the orthodox fighter and the southpaw. It is a fight between the defensive attacker and the attacker’s attacker.
Mayweather is the defensive genius who has gone to win world titles in five divisions, not defeated for 20 years and earned half a billion dollars in career earnings.
On his part, Manny Pacquaio is the boy who started as a street urchin, turned into boxing to become a legend of boxing and a Congressman. He too has won in many divisions of boxing. He is a symbol of hope among his countrymen, a man who works to fight poverty and helps the poor by donating part of his money to help alleviate poverty. When it comes to boxing, he is sensational, he is unstoppable, he is indomitable, he is the Pacman.
For the first time, boxing experts are divided as to who will win. Some favour Pacquiao who is coming in as the underdog, while some think Mayweather is simply too smart to fall to Pacquiao’s “reckless” and relentless onslaught. The two boxers have trained and trained. And they are ready to go. For the first time, Mayweather is subdued. He is not boasting or talking trash as before, because of the respect he has for the man....

Link In for more info...>>>http://expressng.com/2015/05/floyd-badweather-rollingstonewithmikeawoyinfa/

Re: Floyd Badweather? #rollingstonewithmikeawoyinfa by iphanyiuma(m): 10:44am On May 01, 2015
Floyd is good, he's rich, he's rude, has a bad attitude and like nicki minaj said I love a hood ni.gga wi a bad attitude....am putting my money on floyd anytime any day
Re: Floyd Badweather? #rollingstonewithmikeawoyinfa by gentlezypher: 10:45am On May 01, 2015
must watch!!

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Defence Academy (nda) Recruitment / General Cleaning Services@NetraxLogistics / Proteins | Protein Supplements Online | Buy Protein Supplements Online | Buy Pro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.