Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,830 members, 7,802,658 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat (60714 Views)

Can 3million Naira Do The Magic? / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction / How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by Temidayo9(m): 12:13am On May 02, 2015
People still dey build 4 bedrooms ?
Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by livebullet(m): 3:49am On May 02, 2015
kelvine:
Beware of scam. You don't have to come online to announce you inherited 3 million naira, you can check with consultants near you.
check with consul werin? daz all d money i got in life u want make consultant charge me from inside...y get a consultant wen i got smart guys here
Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by livebullet(m): 3:50am On May 02, 2015
Temidayo9:
People still dey build 4 bedrooms ?
daz my drm house o bro...is it too big or too small?

1 Like

Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by luthorcorp: 5:46am On May 02, 2015
kelvine:
It is very cool to seek info here, my concern is for him to divulge such a private and sensitive information about how he got the money including the exact figure in cash, gets me worried how smart he is dealing with strangers. Nairaland is a most helpful forum, but many faceless businessmen use it as a medium to scam naive newbies like the OP. Possibilities are that he is presently exchanging home address with a forumite in a PM.

This young man here would likely have relatives who just discovered his father willed him 3milla in cash, that is likely a source of family conflict also a security loophole.
The OP doesn't sound 'street wise' in the presentation of his inquiry. His post should have read ''how much would one need to....?"

well i qite understand urconcern 4 d ops safety but dont be too quick 2 judge d op as a dull witted person,he only asked a q n dat doesnt give way 2 him nw sendin money or doin deals with ppl comenting...and if u ask me though i dnt see anytin a little sum like 3million can achieve in a buildin unless ofcouse its a very hideous rural area(sambisa) n maybe he is tinkin of sometin smaller like a_room self contain....

1 Like

Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by luthorcorp: 5:51am On May 02, 2015
Emblj:

At first i thought of ignoring ur post but on 2nd thought felt it will be good to let u know u need to learn to be polite not only on social media but in ur everyday life. More so u dont know d person @ d other side.

Financial literacy requires u learn to invest resources and make returns over time. 10 - 15 yrs isnt a short duration. If in doubt add 10-15 yrs to ur age and imagine where u would love to be and things u would love to av achieved then u realise it is an investment.

More so it may not take him that long to recoup his investment. The time frame is for him to maximise his profit.
op dnt get me wrong,i'm not here 2 queston ur intelligency but wot i wnt u 2 understand is dat bussiness requires alot of training skills and expeirience also,trust me i ve seen enof ppl fail all simply becoz dey were to optimistic with d cash than dey 4got to learn d basic bussiness ettiquettes and d end they come up with one excuse or d other 4 their failure....so one has 2 be very very carefull while venturin into a bussiness world...
Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by lagbaja(m): 7:11am On May 02, 2015
It is interesting reading all the divergent views here, while some believe that N3m is enough to build, others thinks it's simply a joke. Here are Lessons drawn,

1. We look at prisms from different perspectives, what is back to one is front to another. Tastes are different. While some were looking at the house to provide them luxury and comfort, others simply needed it to provide security and shelter. E.g someone added the cost of PoP, while others simply quoted for ordinary ceiling.
2. Laborers and builders have cheated so many people into believing that building houses are more expensive than they actually are, that explains why there are so many incomplete projects flying all over the country. Labour cost varies from one location to another,but you can bridge the gap by relocating labourers from areas of lower charges to areas of higher charges.
3. Ignorance is a limiter, if you desire to do a thing, learn all you can about it otherwise people will take advantage of you. E.g someone quoted electrical at N300k for electrical installations whereas it shouldn't cost more than N100k for the high end. He is probably talking from his experience.
4. If you believe you can, yes you can, if you believe you can't , yes you can't. Everyone is right.

5 Likes

Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by Reference(m): 7:34am On May 02, 2015
I suppose you mean bungalow. 3 million should be able to put a roof on it but not much more. But once again these things are every subjective. It depends on standards, quality, taste, location, environment, circumstance, etc. You can build a bird cage for a tweet, an ant hill for a loaf of bread or a sand castle for a day at the beach but you cannot build a house I will live in for that amount.

1 Like

Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by Reference(m): 7:44am On May 02, 2015
lagbaja:
It is interesting reading all the divergent views here, while some believe that N3m is enough to build, others thinks it's simply a joke. Here are Lessons drawn,

1. We look at prisms from different perspectives, what is back to one is front to another. Tastes are different. While some were looking at the house to provide them luxury and comfort, others simply needed it to provide security and shelter. E.g someone added the cost of PoP, while others simply quoted for ordinary ceiling.
2. Laborers and builders have cheated so many people into believing that building houses are more expensive than they actually are, that explains why there are so many incomplete projects flying all over the country. Labour cost varies from one location to another,but you can bridge the gap by relocating labourers from areas of lower charges to areas of higher charges.
3. Ignorance is a limiter, if you desire to do a thing, learn all you can about it otherwise people will take advantage of you. E.g someone quoted electrical at N300k for electrical installations whereas it shouldn't cost more than N100k for the high end. He is probably talking from his experience.
4. If you believe you can, yes you can, if you believe you can't , yes you can't. Everyone is right.

And why shouldn't electricals cost up to 300,000. This is average thinking. The right and wise approach is to find out what you are getting for a specific amount rather than question the amount itself because there is no guarantee cheaper means better value for money. When you look through the landscape of Nigerian enterprise you discover a viscious cycle of poverty caused by the failure to uphold standards. Cost should never be the most important factor.
Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by tmegadesign: 8:03am On May 02, 2015
If the bearing capacity of the land is OK and does not require unneccesary raft, it should be able to take care of the carcass.
Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by livebullet(m): 8:55am On May 02, 2015
Reference:

And why shouldn't electricals cost up to 300,000. This is average thinking. The right and wise approach is to find out what you are getting for a specific amount rather than question the amount itself because there is no guarantee cheaper means better value for money. When you look through the landscape of Nigerian enterprise you discover a viscious cycle of poverty caused by the failure to uphold standards. Cost should never be the most important factor.
i may not knw much bout building but electricals for average appliances is not suppose to b dat xpensive naa
Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by drake2(m): 9:35am On May 02, 2015
Keneking:
Ok..It depends...

1. Borehole - N600k
2. Fence and gate - N600k
3. Aluminium Roof - N700k
4. Wooden roof skeleton and frames - N500k
5. Blocks - N 600k

You might request that he abandons you one more time to raise additional funds to complete the pending points.

Why not wait till Buhari resumes as President...things would be cheap by then?

Lol. I don fall down tire!
Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by Nobody: 9:45am On May 02, 2015
olatunji21:
Can 2.5M get this ready?.. Land available somewhere in ibadan..

It may but not with that roof cheesy
Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by Nobody: 9:50am On May 02, 2015
segzy14:
Attached is a Design for a Four bedroom bungalow.
The Estimated cost of Erecting such 4 bedroom bungalow is 5,795,467.2 (FIVE MILLION,SEVEN HUNDRED AND NINETY FIVE THOUSAND ,FOUR HUNDRED AND SIXTY SEVEN NAIRA, TWO KOBO ONLY )

Find the breakdown as shown:

The Cost of the Four bedroom bungalow

1. substruture carried to summary 1,120,471.2
2.block and concrete works 913,919.2
3.timber roof members and roof tiles 1,145,583.2
4.doors 403,200
5.aluminium window 156,384
6.plaster of paris(p.o.p) 496,800
7. tiles 613,944
8.plastering and dressing 173,664
9.soil and waste pipe 19,584
10.water supply pipes 55,209.6
11.electrical conduit pipes and boxes 73,152
12.sanitary fittings 128,635.2
13.electrical wiring 132,120
14.painting 169,293.6
15.electrical fittings 54,907.2
16.septic tank and soakaway 111,240
17. inspection chambers 11,808
18.soil drain 15,552

Total is 5,795,467.2 naira only.

..Materials, Labour,and Supervision Fees all INCLUSIVE
..Plaster of Paris(P.O.P) to be used for Ceiling
..Floor and Wall tiles
..Step roofing tiles to be used

e.t.c .....

For more information;
Email: samuelajoseengineers@gmail.com, saeltd14@gmail.com
Call : +2347035596641, +2348178706641
whatsapp: +2347035596641
Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by innie77(m): 10:16am On May 02, 2015
livebullet:
Dear ALL,
I just received a cash inheritance from my father who abandoned me for many years until his last days...intend erecting a 4bedroom apartment but i dont know how far i can go with just 3m in a rural area. I need your suggestions...I knw we got consultants here!

In a Rural area where labour is cheap,N3m will complete the building with modest finishing.

Get a good hand to help you handle the project, we're open for free consultation:
handymanintegratedservices@gmail.com, 08097289972

1 Like

Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by pak: 10:31am On May 02, 2015
Keneking:
Ok..It depends...

1. Borehole - N600k
2. Fence and gate - N600k
3. Aluminium Roof - N700k
4. Wooden roof skeleton and frames - N500k
5. Blocks - N 600k

You might request that he abandons you one more time to raise additional funds to complete the pending points.

Why not wait till Buhari resumes as President...things would be cheap by then?

You are too wicked for my liking grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by Malawian(m): 10:32am On May 02, 2015
Jcob:
ok. . . so my wife said I should add one or two things to this thread.

You have 3 million naira to spend on a 4 bedroom apartment abi.

Hope my breakdown would be helpful base on personal experience.

Land in New Lagos Locations ( Mowe, Ibafo, Ofada, Magboro, Ikorodu, Agbara etc) N600k average in interior parts or average of N2m per plotin outer parts. My recommendation is you buy half plot of land. Prolly 30 by 120. Budget N400k for this.

Balance N2.6M

Forget fencing for now.

Borehole - 120k

Block 9 inches for outer walls and 6 inches for inner (4000 pieces) AVerage of 500k

2 "20" tons of sharp sand and 2 gravel - N134k

Cement to lintel stage - 50 bags - N100k

Workmanship - digging, foundation and setting to lintel - N140k

Omonile foundation money - Beat it down to N50k

Lintel and Last 2 coaches - Cement 30 bags for round beam - N60k
Welder - N80k
Carpenter - N25k
Bricklayer - N60k

Roofing

planks for roofing and logging including carpentry workmanship - N300k

Step tiles aluminium - N350k

Omonile - N50k

Soakaway (use filling from soakaway to fill part of the house) - N220k

Window Aluminium with Net - N150k

Plastering

Plaster sand - 40 tons - N70k

Cement - 65 bags - 130k

Your total budget is now N2,939,000

3m will go far but wont be able to finish the project. Add 1m to it and get it to an appreciable stage you can live in.

All the best!

i no see where you add eletricial stuff for your budget abi na lamp or mpanaka sure pass?

2 Likes

Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by Jcob(m): 10:35am On May 02, 2015
Malawian:

i no see where you add eletricial stuff for your budget abi na lamp or mpanaka sure pass?

Money no reach.
Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by Nobody: 11:45am On May 02, 2015
I will advise u start up a 3bedroom first and see how far it can go.

So all d village ppl DT built houses have 3million?

No one shld be scared of building. Start off first.

3 Likes

Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by omooba969(m): 11:52am On May 02, 2015
lagbaja:

Nice1
Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by yak(m): 12:12pm On May 02, 2015
Guys can b wicked. Since d op said rural area,it means somethings could b cheaper.but d golden rule for building a house from personal experience is START D BUILDING PROJECT FIRST
Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by Malawian(m): 12:28pm On May 02, 2015
yak:
Guys can b wicked. Since d op said rural area,it means somethings could b cheaper. but d golden rule for building a house from personal experience is START D BUILDING PROJECT FIRST
naa. even Christ said that someone who wants to build a house would first sit and calculate the total cost before embarking on the project lest his neighbours make fun of him for not completing the job.
Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by lagbaja(m): 12:15am On May 03, 2015
Reference:

If that's what you would pay for your so called quality materials for a 4 bedroom flat, someone is definitely reaping you off or you are simply off the mark with reference to the budget house the OP is talking about here. Take a tour of Alaba international and see how quality eletrical materials are priced.

Prices of quality ( Not premium ) Electrical accessories for a 4 bedroom. Flat.

1. 4mm, 6mm and 10mm single core cable red, blue and green - brand, Kablemetal, Nigerchin, Cutix ( 4 bundles of 4mm and 1 bundle of 6mm, 2 bundles of 10mm) @ N4k, N6k and N12k each
2. Wall brackets and Sockets ( 2 per room, 4 for the sitting room and 2 for the kitchen @ N250 each.
3. Wall fittings , 2 per room and 4 for the sitting room @ N600 each
4. Ceiling Fittings, 1 per room, 1 for sitting room, 1 each for toilets and bathroom and 4 for the externals @N1000 each
5. 25 units of 10mm Plastic Trunking lot @N150 per length, other accessories N2000
6. 20 units of 2 way Switches for all rooms @N200 each
7.1 unit of Kitchen Fitting @N5000
8. MDF@N10,000
9 External Wire from NEPa pole to meter single phase pair @N10,000

4 Likes

Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by livebullet(m): 8:52am On May 03, 2015
mercylicious:
I will advise u start up a 3bedroom first and see how far it can go.

So all d village ppl DT built houses have 3million?

No one shld be scared of building. Start off first.
nice words
Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by Nobody: 3:56pm On May 04, 2015
Fionasmom:

Don't mind what people say, rural area I have not spent up to 1.5m including borehole .... 4 bedroom. All ensuite.
i ve been quoting you since Sister,i need a reply as soon as possible
Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by Onuokwu: 7:53pm On May 04, 2015
milar:
if you don't mind, I will give you a simple sketch of 3bedroom flat that 3m can complete to a habitable level free of charge. then I will give you techniques of handling labourer to minimize cost of workmanship. i will also give professional advise on effective material management

Can you please share this on the forum so that some of us can benefit from this.
Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by Onuokwu: 8:11pm On May 04, 2015
yak:
Guys can b wicked. Since d op said rural area,it means somethings could b cheaper.but d golden rule for building a house from personal experience is START D BUILDING PROJECT FIRST

Steps to follow should be

1. Draw a house plan incorporating all you want in the bungalow
2. Get materials quantities and workmen estimates in your location from at least 3 knowledgeable people
3. Do market survey of materials costs based on average of estimates received
4. If your estimate is more than N3 million, determine how far your N3 million can go based on estimate.
5. Always better to start with what you have rather than wait till you have all the money so.....START
6. If you are gainfully employed, once you start, your spending priorities will change and you can channel more of your money to the house
7. Before you know it, you will be calling people for house warming and will be extremely proud of yourself

LESSON: Regardless of whether N3 million can finish a four bedroom bungalow or not, follow the steps above and start anyway.

3 Likes

Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by shine96: 7:32pm On May 18, 2015
I guess it will build a four bedroom, dont be discouraged. Just start n be present n wise while they re building
Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by lastpage: 6:40am On Jul 01, 2015
Let me share with you how one primary school teacher built a house from his meager salary.

*He bought land first, half a plot....... in a rural area and they allowed him to pay in bits . He finally finished paying it-off, after living inside his house for over five years!
*He bought sand, deposited some money for cement and bought block-making "mould"!
After close of work and on weekends, this man will mix cement and sand and mould blocks (He watched professional block-makers doing it and he said its not really difficult as long as you stick to the 'ratio'). Very True!

*When he had a lot of block stocked down, he called "Baba Brikilar" and negotiated the total cost of building the 6-bedroom house, foundation first, then 4-bed will be completed initially .....and the remaining 2-bed will be finished from the existing '6-bed' foundation! undecided grin
* After agreeing to a price, he asked Baba how much he normally pay a "labor', for a day!
He pleaded to be that "Labor" person..... and he re-invested his "labor wages" into the payment of Baba Brikilar"! shocked

*He went to the same "my customer" Cement Seller and struck a deal that they would supply him Cement over what he could pay cash for, if the need arises but he would bring lump sum once in awhile, even over what he may need at that moment.
That way, Cement Seller got some money over what he actually supplied at some instance (and that suited him) while at other times, this teacher got cement over what his cash-at-hand could buy ........but which he needed immediately.

*Gradually, while a lot of his colleagues in the School where lamenting about house rent and poking fun at his interest in building his own house, he started one day! They dug trenches and did blinding...
*Gradually, the building began to take shape.
[b]It wasn't anything fanciful but it provided the basic needs of a house, shelter and safety from humans and 'the elements'.[/b]No Gate, No Fence, No Borehole, No Aluminium, No Designer Greek Pillars, No Tiles!... Just plain house! grin

*It was from him l first saw how treated, sun-dried bamboo was used in place of Iron, for Lintel reinforcement! shocked shocked
*He did not use Aluminium or Coated Roofings but used ordinary Corrugated Iron sheets. What he did well was that he ensured that the Angle of the roof was very steep and he painted the Roofing sheets with white Oil paint so that it did not rust as quickly as expected.
*For water, he got Hausa people to dig a "well" (Konga) for him. Many years later, when the public water supply to that area failed, his well came in handy for everyone around the neighbourhood
*Electricals was done at a minimal level, No Chandeliers or some fancy switch. Just plain black and white light switches, White wall sockets on all walls.
*To cut a long story short, this man spent less than 700,000 Naira to build his six-rooms house. Most of the labor he did, even with the Head Carpenter.

*He rented-out three of his rooms to the same colleagues of his, who were making fun of him when he started the house and when one of then was owing him rent for three months (due to Govt owing them salary), he did not waste time to kick him out reminding him that when they were making fun of him and calling him "teacher-by-day, Labourer-by-night", he did not take offense with anyone and so his mate should not take offense at being kicked out. undecided

The lesson l learnt from that event stayed with me till today (event was a long time ago) and it tells me that nothing is impossible, even if everyone said it was not possible, ..........once you got sense, have determination and is focused on your destination.

Like someone said already: JUST START! It sounds crazy but in as much as you dont start something "too big", YOU WILL EVENTUALLY FINISH IT and OWN YOUR OWN HOUSE.

This Op is NOT READY to build a house yet, if he is, with the loads of suggestions he has been offered already, his house should be at Lintel level by now.
My advise to him is to use the money to play "Baba'jebu", buy designer cloths and carry women.
When the money finishes, he will remember that he once "owned" a house in the clouds! grin grin grin

Just pray that one Landlord will not deal with you in Lagos else, na yoru village you dey head to! grin grin grin undecided

Lastpage!

4 Likes

Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by livebullet(m): 8:30am On Aug 02, 2015
tank u all i opted for a 3 bedrm n 2bedrm flat....all comments hav bn so helpful even the over estimations dat gave me hrt attacks....Now i wanna knw the estimate for roofing woodwork and aluminium....and i also wanna knw which aluminium color is better...cos the colored ones seem to loose dia atttraction wit age...Quotations pls...dont comonise your contribution...it cud b helpful!
Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by spoiltchild(m): 6:17am On Aug 19, 2015
the address of the site so that I can do both quotations for you,my number 08134907491 frank
Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by livebullet(m): 12:24am On Aug 21, 2015
spoiltchild:
the address of the site so that I can do both quotations for you,my number 08134907491 frank
site is in ekpoma. Are u on Whatsapp? so i can attach d roof plan for u...its failin to attach here
Re: How Far Can 3million Naira Go In Building A 4 Bedroom Flat by Nobody: 1:16am On Aug 21, 2015
Contact perfect touch Aluminium for your windows and other Aluminium works, we will offer you a great and friendly service. Tel:08153665659)
(Whatsapp too),08067079715. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Future Architectural Designs (check it out what do u think nairalander ) / Cost, Estimate For Building A 3bedroom Bungalow In Nigeria (Detailed Info) / Cost Of Painting 4flats Of 3brd.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.