Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

Igbo Wars Against The British - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Wars Against The British (18151 Views)

Wars, Coups, Counter-coups Dominated My Time As Military Officer – Buhari / Meet The British Mps Who Want The UK To Support Biafra / Nnamdi Kanu: Copy Of The Petition Written By The British Mp, Harriet Harman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Wars Against The British by ezeagu(m): 10:48pm On May 01, 2015
See signature.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by omonnakoda: 10:51pm On May 01, 2015
I think we should not use the word "war" so carelessly when all we are talking about is an episode of village unruliness or petulance.Such palavers or melees in the Ilo are not quite what we mean when we talk about wars . Please!!

10 Likes

Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by ezeagu(m): 10:57pm On May 01, 2015
Siggy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by ezeagu(m): 10:58pm On May 01, 2015
Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by citizenY(m): 10:58pm On May 01, 2015
@op
Just curious... any records from the Crusades??..who were the generals?
Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by ezeagu(m): 11:01pm On May 01, 2015
citizenY:
@op

Just curious... any records from the Crusades??..who were the generals?

Wrong thread, here you go: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by Nobody: 11:04pm On May 01, 2015
Yeap. Igbos chased out the British. The yorubas hated it. The Hausas were given power because they welcome the Brits with open arms and obeyed every command without any question

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by ezeagu(m): 11:06pm On May 01, 2015
liberty300:
Yeap. Igbos chased out the British. The yorubas hated it. The Hausas were given power because they welcome the Brits with open arms and obeyed every command without any question

It was more of the British taking over the Fulani Sokoto Caliphate, you see after the British the Emirs and co were just puppet states so they were left with power to their thing.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:06pm On May 01, 2015
And yorubas were busy wrestling with fulanis in ilorin

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by Nobody: 11:06pm On May 01, 2015
Igbos were warriors fr time immemorial. Am a proud Igbo

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by AbuMaryam1(m): 11:09pm On May 01, 2015
What convinced me that Igbo never had any leadership in their pre-colonial life is their present day political mis-calculations.
They felt to align themselves with majority to lead the nation, they always use hatred to justify their political allies. Don't prosecute, I'm entitle to my opinion useless people. grin

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by Nobody: 11:09pm On May 01, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:
yeap. That's why even in nigeria of today, when a Yoruba gets into a fight with an Igbo man, he makes a lot of noise to attract other Yorubas that may be in the distance so they may help him fight the one Igbo man...classic chimpanzee characteristics cos I saw it happen once on NaGeo wild

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by ezeagu(m): 11:10pm On May 01, 2015
AbuMaryam1:
What convinced me that Igbo never had any leadership in their pre-colonial life is their present day political mis-calculations.
They felt to align themselves with majority to lead the nation, they always use hatred to justify their political allies. Don't prosecute, I'm entitle to my opinion useless people. grin

Of course you're entitled to your opinion as a useless person, but, although you're useless, this is the wrong thread for that.

16 Likes

Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by Nobody: 11:12pm On May 01, 2015
ezeagu:

Of course you're entitled to your opinion as a useless person, but, although you're useless, this is the wrong thread for that.
epic shade bro grin

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by Remarkable: 11:13pm On May 01, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]
ezeagu:
This is what the British (Col. Heneker) had to say for the Aro Igbo trenches

wow... bush warfare indeed... one tactics the Biafrans used against the NA was felling trees along the highways and making vehicular movement difficult.... guess it was to make it possible to come in close contact and fight them physically... weaklings they must have been also terrified though armed...

that is why when you see them exclaiming Biafrans fought with cassava sticks... funny thing is they don't know their fathers and uncles might have had their bloods on those sticks...

as I have always asked and they never reply.. why did Adekunli flee and run from owerri to port Harcourt? he wanted to shoot at everything... why didn't he do it?

uner their breaths they know he saw Biafra men and decided to run...

Biafran boys with sticks chased a General away ... and they are not ashamed to laugh and scoff at brave Biafrans that took sticks to challenge their ancestors.

I am a proud Biafran. I am not from Arochukwu... but stories I have heard... not even from Ndi Aro.. but the Europeans... how people from Arochukwu were doging bullets... seemed even unbelieveable to me... but if you want to see what a Igbo man can do... try and challenge him.... better be prepared for the worst... because he is.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by ezeagu(m): 11:13pm On May 01, 2015
liberty300:
epic shade bro grin

AbuMaryam1 takes all the credit for their uselessness.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by omonnakoda: 11:15pm On May 01, 2015
Eboes always lived in villages and have no knowledge of the complexities of statecraft and diplomacy. This explains their extreme clannishness .The Eboe identity was foisted on them by the British/Nigeria
They were developmentally quite bakward relatively and have no meaningful history to share.They were essential a farm that the Efiks harvested for slaves for centuries

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by Nobody: 11:15pm On May 01, 2015
I must admit; am a history buff myself. I enjoy history a lot cos Obama once said "you can't know where you're going if you don't know where you're coming from". But most Nigerians would tell me to forget history cos I can't get any good from it just because they feel uncomfortable telling the biafran story

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by omonnakoda: 11:16pm On May 01, 2015
By the way I though Arochukwu is ruled by Akamkpas
Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by omonnakoda: 11:18pm On May 01, 2015
liberty300:
I must admit; am a history buff myself. I enjoy history a lot cos Obama once said "you can't know where you're going if you don't know where you're coming from". But most Nigerians would tell me to forget history cos I can't get any good from it just because they feel uncomfortable telling the biafran story
Was it Obama that said that? I thought it was Robert Mugabe
Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by Nobody: 11:18pm On May 01, 2015
omonnakoda:
Eboes always lived in villages and have no knowledge of the complexities of statecraft and diplomacy. This explains their extreme clannishness .The Eboe identity was foisted on them by the British/Nigeria
They were developmentally quite bakward relatively and have no meaningful history to share.They were essential a farm that the Efiks harvested for slaves for centuries
yes, their backwardness made them build guns and bombs out of nothing during the biafran war. What have you're people done in history that is anything to write home about? Only a long list of criminals at their path. Igbos is the centre of nigeria whether you like it or yes

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by royalcatier: 11:19pm On May 01, 2015
You must bring Yoruba in to feel better and give the thread attention, wait they will oblige you.

Just try and swim through on your own two feet, the time for holding your hands is over, Man up!

AlfaSeltzer:

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by omonnakoda: 11:20pm On May 01, 2015
liberty300:
yes, their backwardness made them build guns and bombs out of nothing during the biafran war. What have you're people done in history that is anything to write home about? Only a long list of criminals at their path. Igbos is the centre of nigeria whether you like it or yes

Criminals ,Like those killed in Indonesia?

In other News
NDLEA arraigns two for importing cocaine
http://www.punchng.com/metro-plus/ndlea-arraigns-two-for-importing-cocaine/

Two men, Gabriel Obi and Ugwu Geofrey, have been arraigned before a Federal High Court in Lagos for allegedly importing 110 kilogrammes of cocaine.

The accused were arraigned by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency on two counts bordering on drug trafficking.

According to the prosecutor, Mrs. Ahaji Obiageri, the suspects conspired with one Chimezie Akunna, who is now at large, to commit the offence.

The accused were said to have been apprehended by the NDLEA men in January 2011 at the Tin-Can Port, Lagos.

They were said to have packaged the illegal substance inside a container and brought it into Nigeria from Bolivia.

The charge read in part, “That you, Gabriel Obi, Ugwu Geofrey and Akunna Chimezie, on or about January, 13, 2011, at the Tin-Can Port, Lagos, within the jurisdiction of this honourable court, without lawful authority, imported 110 kg of cocaine from Bolivia, South America, using a container ─ MSCU 3668026 ─ thereby committing an offence contrary to and punishable under Section 11(a) of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency Act Cap N30, Law of the Federation of Nigeria, 2004.”
ADVERTISEMENT

The accused pleaded not guilty to the charges.

The court adjourned the trial till June 24, 2015.
Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by EdCure: 11:21pm On May 01, 2015
Aba women riot is what you call war?
And what's with this addiction to cassava sticks?

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by Nobody: 11:24pm On May 01, 2015
royalcatier:
You must bring Yoruba in to feel better and give the thread attention, wait they will oblige you.

Just try and swim through on your own two feet, the time for holding your hands is over, Man up!

you know you and your type are pathetic. You just sit at home and make empty threats all day and yet nothing to show for it. am not fan of tribalism but the way you lots go about it makes me sick. Look at the history of Igbos in the post above you and understand what makes a "strong tribe". No one ever remembers the nosiest person but the bravest/strongest.. Keep that in mind

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by royalcatier: 11:25pm On May 01, 2015
Your fake article made in aba will land you in trouble soon. Descent Yoruba won't come near you, the street boys will take care of you ibos soon.

liberty300:
yeap. That's why even in nigeria of today, when a Yoruba gets into a fight with an Igbo man, he makes a lot of noise to attract other Yorubas that may be in the distance so they may help him fight the one Igbo man...classic chimpanzee characteristics cos I saw it happen once on NaGeo wild

1 Like

Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by cyprus000: 11:26pm On May 01, 2015
cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by ezeagu(m): 11:26pm On May 01, 2015
EdCure:
Aba women riot is what you call war?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women%27s_War

"The Aba Women's Riot, also known as the Women's War"
http://www.revolutionprotestencyclopedia.com/fragr_image/media/IEO_Womens_War_of_1929

Across Igboland, the campaign began to take shape. The women called their campaign the ogu umunwanye, or, “the Women’s War.” This referred to the fact that women were ‘making war on the men,’
http://nvdatabase.swarthmore.edu/content/igbo-women-campaign-rights-womens-war-nigeria-1929

"Aba Riots" Or "women's War": British Ideology and Eastern Nigerian Women's Political Action by Judith Van Allen
https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=tj5DPgAACAAJ

The Women's War of 1929: A History of Anti-colonial Resistance in Eastern Nigeria by Toyin Falola, Adam Paddock
https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=vm-mKQEACAAJ

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by Nobody: 11:30pm On May 01, 2015
royalcatier:
Your fake article made in aba will land you in trouble soon. Descent Yoruba won't come near you, the street boys will take care of you ibos soon.

exactly the "chimpanzee character. Fear wont let you type something that would involve you attacking me by yourself..why involve someone else?

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by ezeagu(m): 11:32pm On May 01, 2015
EdCure:
And what's with this addiction to cassava sticks?

You mean the cassava sticks that held up your countries military for three years with no country fighting its battles?

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by royalcatier: 11:33pm On May 01, 2015
If you don't make empty threat like a coward you are, why are you still leaving in Nigeria when you hate it? You aren't bold enough to fight for yourselves as you are held against your will and can't do anything about it.

You are slaves in Nigeria, start behaving like it and shut up, fools!

Btw, your article can't be trusted cos you are liars, suffering from inferiority complex.

liberty300:
you know you and your type are pathetic. You just sit at home and make empty threats all day and yet nothing to show for it. am not fan of tribalism but the way you lots go about it makes me sick. Look at the history of Igbos in the post above you and understand what makes a "strong tribe". No one ever remembers the nosiest person but the bravest/strongest.. Keep that in mind

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Wars Against The British by citizenY(m): 11:33pm On May 01, 2015
ezeagu:

Wrong thread, here you go: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades

To be more precise U wanted to know if those folks also fought or participated in the Crusades, real war , not this skirmish where you use the same cutlass you take to farm.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Anenih Opens Up On Abiola’s Annulled June 12 Mandate / Peter Obi Lied On Foreign Direct Investment-fdi / FG Mulls Bill To Ban Plastics Production

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.