Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,912 members, 7,806,648 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards (67069 Views)

The Too Many Lies And Fake Lives Being Lived On Social Media: My Experience / Memory Cards (SD) Not Detected On Mobile Phones Solved / How To Detect Fake SD Cards (memory Cards) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by guydangerous(m): 10:43pm On May 11, 2015
Aizenosa:
Sd cards come in classes and these classes determine hw gud d classes are so I recommend getting a 32gb classes 10 it's not d normal black it's red and green I have been using mine for almost 3yrs no problem it's still as gud as new
what's the name of the memory card
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by guydangerous(m): 10:51pm On May 11, 2015
write2obi:

Name Class
It's 32gig and Toshiba is written on it, i hope this answers your question cos ow don't really understand it
name Toshiba,is it class 10 or below

1 Like

Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by write2obi(m): 10:54pm On May 11, 2015
guydangerous:
name Toshiba,is it class 10 or below
I don't know
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by guydangerous(m): 11:11pm On May 11, 2015
write2obi:

I don't know
can you take a picture of the memory card and post it here
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by guydangerous(m): 11:34pm On May 11, 2015
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by write2obi(m): 12:05am On May 12, 2015
guydangerous:
can you take a picture of the memory card and post it here
shocked i should remove it from my phone, and snap it ? shocked

haba most of my apps and stuff are their na, that was how my other memory card got spoilt . Am sorry i can't
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by guydangerous(m): 12:30am On May 12, 2015
write2obi:
shocked i should remove it from my phone, and snap it ? shocked

haba most of my apps and stuff are their na, that was how my other memory card got spoilt . Am sorry i can't
so you can't remove/unmount your sd card from your phone,na transformer or na your phone skeleton?
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by write2obi(m): 7:25am On May 12, 2015
guydangerous:
so you can't remove/unmount your sd card from your phone,na transformer or na your phone skeleton?
grin cheesy Na transformer
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by guydangerous(m): 5:26pm On May 12, 2015
Which name and class of 32gb memory card are you guys using on infinix hot,please reply ASAP is urgent
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by tartar9(m): 9:17pm On May 16, 2015
Adehorze:
Never buy memory card from ppl dat hawk even in computer village. I've two advance 32gig i used on my separate phone which are class 10. I bought mine in a reputable store which goes for #2,400 and i've been using dem for d past 6 months.
a class 10 32gig for 2400 naira sad
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by Aizenosa(m): 2:05pm On May 17, 2015
guydangerous:
what's the name of the memory card
SanDisk
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by write2obi(m): 12:00pm On May 19, 2015
guydangerous:
No vex, i do find it difficult to remove my sdcard from my phone, you know android phones takes time to come back on, if you remove the battery.

I had to edit the pix and include the number that begins with 13... , it was not visible when i took the pix.

1 Like

Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by guydangerous(m): 4:14pm On May 19, 2015
write2obi:

No vex, i do find it difficult to remove my sdcard from my phone, you know android phones takes time to come back on, if you remove the battery.

I had to edit the pix and include the number that begins with 13... , it was not visible when i took the pix.
thanks for the work but i've already ordered for advance memory card from konga which will be delivered tomorrow sef,i got tired of waiting
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by write2obi(m): 4:36pm On May 19, 2015
guydangerous:
thanks for the work but i've already ordered for advance memory card from konga which will be delivered tomorrow sef,i got tired of waiting
Sorry for the delay, hope its a good one? What size and how much?
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by guydangerous(m): 8:35pm On May 19, 2015
write2obi:

Sorry for the delay, hope its a good one? What size and how much?
I haven't received it yet

1 Like

Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by KINGOZEK(m): 6:31am On May 28, 2015
Themaingate:
ITS BY LUCK GUY

ONLY 1 OUT OF 15 WOULD WORK WELL EITHER SANDISK ,SAMSUNG , KINGSTON OR LG

DO NOT BUY IT ONLINE BECAUSE 99% ARE FROM CHINA AND ARE IN BAD CONDITION

I TRIED BUYING 64GIG AND 32GIG FROM KONGA , JUMIA AND ALIEXPRESS BUT I MUST WARN YOU . NO SINGLE ONE WORK

THE BEST IS, GO TO A STORE , TEST IT BEFORE PAYING AND MAKE SURE YOU CHECK THE SIZE WELL , IF ITS 64GIG ONCE YOU INSERT IT ON THE PHONE YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO SEE 61GIG OR MAX 62GIG , ANYTHING MORE THAN THAT ITS A SURE SIGN OF BAD MEMORY CARD
bro our own memory card is not by luck, we only sell original. You can come and test with any application. Our 32gb is #5000 class 10 kingozek@gmail.com
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by KINGOZEK(m): 6:41am On May 28, 2015
guydangerous:
Which name and class of 32gb memory card are you guys using on infinix hot,please reply ASAP is urgent
buy our ORiginal Sandisk 32gb class 10 memory card. Price #5000. We deliver to you . You can test it with any application kingozek@gmail.com

Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by guydangerous(m): 10:39am On May 28, 2015
KINGOZEK:
buy our ORiginal Sandisk 32gb class 10 memory card. Price #5000. We deliver to you . You can test it with any application kingozek@gmail.com
I once regretted buying that,I bought it 4.2k
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by KINGOZEK(m): 8:04pm On May 28, 2015
guydangerous:
I once regretted buying that,I bought it 4.2k
may be they supplied you the fake memory card bro. We sell only Original memory cards, buy this and test with Any application as you have advised here and confirm the Originality.
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by guydangerous(m): 9:52pm On May 28, 2015
KINGOZEK:
may be they supplied you the fake memory card bro. We sell only Original memory cards, buy this and test with Any application as you have advised here and confirm the Originality.
I still have the memory card pack and compared with yours there's no difference,I only fall a victim once
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by KINGOZEK(m): 1:54pm On May 30, 2015
guydangerous:
I still have the memory card pack and compared with yours there's no difference,I only fall a victim once
bro sorry for buying fake one. I am not doubting you buying fake memory card in original pack. Buy our own and test with any application and see for yourself. You can aswell visit our konga shop.
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by guydangerous(m): 8:49pm On May 30, 2015
KINGOZEK:
bro sorry for buying fake one. I am not doubting you buying fake memory card in original pack. Buy our own and test with any application and see for yourself. You can aswell visit our konga shop.
am not buying
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by guydangerous(m): 11:37am On Jun 01, 2015
oribi:
buy original Kingston memory card have been using it for 3 years running.To know if it's fake or not u will log onto their website n log in product id.
how strong and trust worthy is that Kingston memory card
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by Oniovolee: 3:11pm On Jun 01, 2015
RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN FROM PEOPLE HAWKING SanDisk memory cards, especially the 32Gb SD cards. They are actually 1Gb SD cards that has been programmed to make you think they are 32 GB, when you start transferring files into the 32 Gb SanDisk SD cards, the moment your files exceed 1Gb, the subsequent files that enters will not open or play if they are video or audio files. They will appear like corrupted files, but in reality they are fake SD cards that has been dumped in Nigeria by cheap distributors who bought them from fraudsters.

I am not saying there are no original SanDisk cards, but make sure you buy yours from a reputable store you know you can walk back to for a refund if it turns out to be fake. Make sure they give you a duly signed receipted too.

if you have noticed already, there is a massive number of hawkers all of a sudden that are out there trying to sell you SanDisk 16, 32 and 64GB Micro SD cards, my dear, they are looking for who to dump the trash with and the sad part of it is that you will pay same amount as you would if it were an original card.

This scam affecting SanDisk cards has affected hundreds of thousands of people around the world, not just in Nigeria. Below is a video link posted a few years ago warning people about this scam, unfortunately millions are still yet to know

how to spot a fake SanDisk 32Gb Micro Sd card

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePdITNObDYE
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by guydangerous(m): 8:59am On Jun 06, 2015
my searching days are over thanks to kingston class 10 32gb memory card i ordered from jumia
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by oribi(m): 2:06pm On Jun 12, 2015
guydangerous:
how strong and trust worthy is that Kingston memory card

brother sorry for the late reply,the memory card never fail me for a single day o and working perfectly don change three phones,always using it as usb flash drive for my documents.if you buy original u go enjoy am..as of i time i buy am na #3800 i buy am
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by oribi(m): 2:08pm On Jun 12, 2015
guydangerous:
my searching days are over thanks to kingston class 10 32gb memory card i ordered from jumia

u made the right choice brother,i hope it's original
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by guydangerous(m): 10:47am On Jun 13, 2015
oribi:

u made the right choice brother,i hope it's original
working perfectly....got it 3100 from jumia
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by oribi(m): 11:29pm On Jun 14, 2015
nice
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by just2endowed: 10:16pm On Aug 10, 2015
just2endowed:

Yes am glad I was able to throw an insight about this device.

Another way to determine how genuine a card is, is to download an app on Google play store called sdcard analyser. It can be use to check on writing speed also because it tell how the card manage its space and how it write and rewrite files. So if a card is fake and they tell u its class 10. The writing speed must be more than 10mb/s or appropriately 10mb/s. So even when u buy a card that claims to be class 10,u still need to watch out if its not class for u are buying. U know, The highest the class, The highest the speed, The higher the performance on ur phone and other device.

Another physical way of knowing genuine qualitites is that, original cards have serial number written on the side of the card.

Easy to spot on
Re: How To Identify Real And Fake Micro Sd (memory) Cards by stephinnoyewole(m): 5:53am On Aug 11, 2015

Another physical way of knowing genuine qualitites is that, original cards have serial number written on the side of the card.

can u explain d last part,probably wit a screenshot.
I've once been a victim of fake memory card too (planning of getting one soonest)
more illustration on dat pls...
tanx a bounty

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Official Discussion Thread / Why You Should Avoid Keeping Your Mobile Phone Near You While Sleeping At Night / Whatsapp To Stop Running On These Devices On December 31, 2017.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.