Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,720 members, 7,802,173 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:25 AM

Mysterious Kwara Goat Sold For #300. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mysterious Kwara Goat Sold For #300. (1577 Views)

Photo of a goat tied to a tree roasted alive during weekend's Boko haram attack / GLORIA OKON, The Story Of Nigeria’s Most Mysterious Drug Pusher / Nigerian Military Kills Over 300 Terrorists, Captures Many Others (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mysterious Kwara Goat Sold For #300. by dammytosh: 2:34pm On Feb 04, 2009
I saw this in Daily Independence and i cant help but laugh,   grin

"Nigerian newspapers last week reported the story of an armed robber who after snatching a Mazda car, backed a wall and 'transformed' into a goat when being pursued by vigilante men. The vigilante men apprehended the goat and handed it over to policemen, who later paraded it as an armed robbery suspect. The police initially promised to arraign the goat but later made a U-turn to say it did not believe the story that it was a man that turned into a goat as this was not open to scientific enquiry. The latest about the goat was that it has been sold for N300 and the case closed.
I disagree with police claim that the theory of a man turning into a goat is not open to scientific enquiry because there was no better opportunity to subject the matter to scientific enquiry than the police had when the goat was in its custody. By selling the goat, the police have denied humanity the opportunity of digging into Yoruba science, technology and mythology. The action of police in selling that goat is suspect. Why did they rush into selling the goat and why for as low as N300 naira, an amount that cannot buy a good chicken? It is suspected that a relation of the robber-turned-goat might have bought it! "
    Source : Daily Independent Newspaper Feb 4 2009 edition . for more stories click ===>        http://www.independentngonline.com/oped/article01
Re: Mysterious Kwara Goat Sold For #300. by lucabrasi(m): 2:39pm On Feb 04, 2009
irrespective of what has transpired,i just hope the man goat has enough sense to transform himself back now that it/he is out of police custody if he doesnt want to be transformed into several plates of pepper soup or asun
Re: Mysterious Kwara Goat Sold For #300. by MrCrackles(m): 2:40pm On Feb 04, 2009
lucabrasi:

irrespective of what has transpired,i just hope the man goat has enough sense to transform himself back now that it/he is out of police custody if he doesnt want to be transformed into several plates of pepper soup or asun

LMFAO! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Mysterious Kwara Goat Sold For #300. by jamace(m): 8:23pm On Feb 04, 2009
I disagree with police claim that the theory of a man turning into a goat is not open to scientific enquiry because there was no better opportunity to subject the matter to scientific enquiry than the police had when the goat was in its custody. By selling the goat, the police have denied humanity the opportunity of digging into Yoruba science, technology and mythology. The action of police in selling that goat is suspect. Why did they rush into selling the goat and why for as low as N300 naira, an amount that cannot buy a good chicken? It is suspected that a relation of the robber-turned-goat might have bought it! "

Exactly my reasoning. I would like to know who bought this celebrity goat else I will say that thief has thief the thief grin.
Re: Mysterious Kwara Goat Sold For #300. by bawomolo(m): 9:43pm On Feb 04, 2009
lucabrasi:

haha lol
Re: Mysterious Kwara Goat Sold For #300. by Ndipe(m): 10:01pm On Feb 04, 2009
lucabrasi:

Very funny! cheesy cheesy
Re: Mysterious Kwara Goat Sold For #300. by K0bojunkie: 7:52am On Feb 05, 2009
Why are people laughing? So you think it's impossible for a goat to turn to human? Foolish people.
Re: Mysterious Kwara Goat Sold For #300. by udezue(m): 8:05am On Feb 05, 2009
lol
Re: Mysterious Kwara Goat Sold For #300. by jamace(m): 12:14pm On Feb 05, 2009
Please, what is the name and address of the person that bought the goat sheep .
Re: Mysterious Kwara Goat Sold For #300. by Muza(m): 12:32pm On Feb 05, 2009
since the goat has been sold,i dnt believe that the goat was a transformed human.
the police just captured a goat so that the owner will come and bail it.
Re: Mysterious Kwara Goat Sold For #300. by superboi(m): 12:46pm On Feb 05, 2009
i no like wey dis thing dey go o!!! very soon nigerian police go arrest car for attempting to steal goat come auction the car after for 300 naira, una go see shocked
Re: Mysterious Kwara Goat Sold For #300. by JosBoy4Lif(m): 3:32pm On Feb 05, 2009
I dont know why these people weh dey supernatural powers don;t turn into ATM machines.
They can spit out all the money they need instead of committing lewd crimes

1 Like

Re: Mysterious Kwara Goat Sold For #300. by multebrain(m): 6:46pm On Feb 05, 2009
Nigeria police na wa for you people oo ohh now i remember what happened police sell the goat for armed robbers gang so that he will turn back to human being latter if not police suppose to kill the goat and use it for suya
Re: Mysterious Kwara Goat Sold For #300. by spikedcylinder: 7:31pm On Feb 05, 2009
JosBoy4Lif:

I dont know why these people weh dey supernatural powers don;t turn into ATM machines.
They can spit out all the money they need instead of committing lewd crimes

Exactly what I said on the other thread.
Re: Mysterious Kwara Goat Sold For #300. by jamace(m): 7:57pm On Feb 05, 2009
House, this thieving humanbeing turned goat sheep matter na wao. This story made a very interesting thread for us. However, I am not impressed that the adorable sheep will dissappear into somebody's pot of soup for a paltry #300 and we can not know the name and address of the buyer. This forum, to my assessment, is full of men and women of timber and calibre when it comes to investigation and analysis of issues. My concern is that we need to know the whereabout of the sheep so that we can keep track of its true identity of existence i.e whether it is truely a sheep or a humanbeing turned sheep. The knowledge will be of paramount importance to us because it will help to clear doubt on existence of voodoo or not.
Re: Mysterious Kwara Goat Sold For #300. by Naijex: 2:50am On Feb 06, 2009
Asun ti sele tongue

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria: History Lessons and Current Issues / Cruelity Against Animals / Our Economy In Danger -cbn Gov •warns Fg To Reduce Expenditure On N/assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.