Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,863 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife (21305 Views)

"Nnamdi Kanu’s Bail Conditions Too Stringent" – Ikedife, Amechi / I Visited Buhari In London, But I Won’t Talk About His Health – Amosun / Reasons South-East Senators Visited Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by Joeoku78: 11:49am On May 02, 2015
I told my people(igbos) to support Buhari and the APC during campaign but they ignored me preferring to play politics of regionalism and religion that could not take them to anywhere. I told them that as far as the west is APC and the north is also APC their PDP is finished. In a contest of three major tribes for a position and the other two teamed up against one, then that one must be defeated. This is a simple analogy I presented to my Igbo people but they were blindfolded by jonathan and his corrupt men who threw money to my people believing that that is the cheapest way of seducing the igbos. The only correct people in the Igbo land are those that threw their weight behind APC from the formation of the party through campaign to to their victory at the polls. Imo state under the leadership owelle Rochas using its electronic medium (orient fm radio) have a million time begged the Imolites to vote for the APC presidential candidate (Buhari) since it was seen that the wind of change blowing from the north to the south-west is certainly going to yield positive result for the APC. Every well meaning Igbo man that understand politics of nigeria knew very well that Buhari will win the election even without the votes of the igbos in the south-east. It happened. Why are they begging Buhari to accommodate them in the govt? For me they should take their plea to Rochas who will convey their message to Buhari .If APC had gotten at least 25% in the five states of the east for Buhari, Rochas bid for 2019. Presidency could have been guaranteed. Igbos don't know politics.
If I were Buhari I will concentrate development only in imo state won by APC .

1 Like

Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by chizidgreat(m): 11:58am On May 02, 2015
Why are this people selling for afu and kobo biko
Biko, we Igbos are not begging anybody. We are up to yourselves.
You people should stop behaving as though we are in the mercy of anybody in the country. Let them do their appointment however they deem it fit. We will still ever remain on top where God has kept us.
JEHOVAH NA ADI NDU ma JIZOS BU EZE
Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by billyG(m): 12:25pm On May 02, 2015
The Booklicking tribe are niether frm d north or west but foolishmen frm d east.

2 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by billyG(m): 12:33pm On May 02, 2015
For it is written yur enemies shall bow b4 yu,& lick yur boot.A banquet is prepare b4 u in d prsce of yur enemies.

1 Like

Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by AhmedMustapha(m): 12:45pm On May 02, 2015
zendy:

Listen man,we are not in a stone-age. The "ECOWAS" embossed at the top of the Nigerian passport did not get there by mistake. It is there to encourage economic co-operation and free movement of west Africans without the need for the member nation to give up their sovereignty. This same principle applies with the European union (EU). I do not have to give up my sovereignty to do business with a Yoruba man or Hausa man. Igbos don't have to be in the same country to the Yorubas or Hausas for us to anything mutually beneficial for all. I have read on NL how some Yorubas have said that they cannot take Igbos serious about wanting there own country unless they leave Lagos and go back their homeland and I laugh. Why would anyone even think this if not to spite the Igbos? Have all the Yorubas in west Africa,Europe and America been sent back for not being citizens of their host countries? The commercial activities of Igbos in Lagos are contributing in generating revenues for not just Lagos but Nigeria as a whole but someone wants the Igbos to go because they want their own country. What will be next? You send back all the Chinese,Indians and Ghanains? How can Nigeria even send anyone back without leaving ECOWAS first. The Igbos need and want their sovereignty stolen by the British back. I do not need my destiny decided in Abuja and I certainly don't want any political Union with Yorubas or Hausas. You can't enforce your "Lord Lugardian dream" on people who don't want it. A country is by the consent of the people and not by force or fiat.

So you mean Igbos will do better in their own country. Just wanted to ask what is against the progress of the Igbos in Nigeria and how will division solve that problem
Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by ayoromer: 12:47pm On May 02, 2015
when it come to money n power d igbos can do anything okorocha mother is frm hausa n dat is why apc win in imo because actually pdp win dat state but d igbos are nowhere in d look of things so they quickly reset d game shame igbos after all d month they made just now shame shame n pity.
Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by Ijaya123: 2:04pm On May 02, 2015
ichidodo:
The illiterate nomad elect has the importunity of being Nigeria's nay igbo's president,we don't see how he can afford to do away with them lest they gang up with his known and unknown northern political rivals and kick him out with thieffnubu ready to pull the plug...

I thought you will begin to make sense now, but it's obvious it is still far from you.

2 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by t2luv: 2:20pm On May 02, 2015
Joeoku78:
I told my people(igbos) to support Buhari and the APC during campaign but they ignored me preferring to play politics of regionalism and religion that could not take them to anywhere. I told them that as far as the west is APC and the north is also APC their PDP is finished. In a contest of three major tribes for a position and the other two teamed up against one, then that one must be defeated. This is a simple analogy I presented to my Igbo people but they were blindfolded by jonathan and his corrupt men who threw money to my people believing that that is the cheapest way of seducing the igbos. The only correct people in the Igbo land are those that threw their weight behind APC from the formation of the party through campaign to to their victory at the polls. Imo state under the leadership owelle Rochas using its electronic medium (orient fm radio) have a million time begged the Imolites to vote for the APC presidential candidate (Buhari) since it was seen that the wind of change blowing from the north to the south-west is certainly going to yield positive result for the APC. Every well meaning Igbo man that understand politics of nigeria knew very well that Buhari will win the election even without the votes of the igbos in the south-east. It happened. Why are they begging Buhari to accommodate them in the govt? For me they should take their plea to Rochas who will convey their message to Buhari .If APC had gotten at least 25% in the five states of the east for Buhari, Rochas bid for 2019. Presidency could have been guaranteed. Igbos don't know politics.
If I were Buhari I will concentrate development only in imo state won by APC .

Thank you. I have been saying the same thing, You can only hate someone for so long until the hatred starts to destroy you from within. I am afraid the SE is doomed to political wilderness when it comes to Nigeria politics for a long time. You can forget about that nonsense idea of Biafra that is a pipe dream that ain't gonna happen. Imagine an Igbo man with million naira house and land in Mile 2 abandoning that for a new pie in the sky idea of a new country. An alliance of the North, and the SE will never happen. Igbo man has to come to terms that the SW holds the key. The SW is the bridesmaid when it comes to Nigeria politics.

1 Like

Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by abubkhr: 2:31pm On May 02, 2015
ichidodo:
The illiterate nomad elect has the importunity of being Nigeria's nay igbo's president,we don't see how he can afford to do away with them lest they gang up with his known and unknown northern political rivals and kick him out with thieffnubu ready to pull the plug...

You mean your president elect? And who are you exactly? Because the last time I checked he is the president elect

1 Like

Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by robay(m): 3:56pm On May 02, 2015
zendy:
Stupid Igbo leaders!!! Going to beg a near illitrate Fulani cattle rearer not to forget them. These are men who should be educating the younger Igbos that it is their right to dissolve any political ties they have with Nigeria and set up their own country if they want. Ridiculing themselves for the sake of the British contraption called Nigeria.

Hmmm!!! Broz calm down
Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by Curlieweed: 4:06pm On May 02, 2015
Gbawe:

That is the way to go. I have stated several times that the condition is right for Buhari to be the Nigerian Mustafa Kemal Ataturk. I.e the father of modern Nigeria who created a thriving nation because of an ability to seek the policies that improves the lives of all Nigerians. Ataturk gained his surname because he was deemed "father of the turks" by the people themselves. Buhari can achieve same by leading Nigeria well for all Nigerians. Buhari can also "launch a programme of revolutionary social and political reform" that will see his name hailed fondly long after he is gone.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/historic_figures/ataturk_kemal.shtml

It's good to be optimistic but our optimism should be grounded with some realism.

You earnestly hope that "Buhari" would be the Ataturk of Nigeria but don't you think that such a task would require a surfeit of energy, a commodity sorely lacking in your messiah? Let's be honest here, a man that campaigned for a fortnight and took an extended two week "rest" in the UK is hardly the one to tackle the enormous (quite honestly, quixotic) task of birthing your "modern Nigeria".

To the topic at hand, the important question should be why people think that picking public officers from a particular part of the country has anything to do with benefitting the people of that region. I don't think the ordinary man in Obosi, Orlu, Awgu, Ohaozara or Ovim benefits much from having federal officials from the SE. They are federal officials after all. If they are competent, every Nigerian benefits.

It's logical to say that the gentlemen begging are only begging for themselves and not for the SE.

1 Like

Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by Nobody: 4:40pm On May 02, 2015
tupacshakur:

You couldn't spell the word "illiterate" correctly and you dare call a retired General, who rose through the ranks of the Nigerian Army an "illiterate".

I'm very sure your Father is not as literate as Buhari...

Oloshi!
LMAO... Thank u sir, that guy is a fvcking bastard, because its only a bastard that will call some one that is up to his Grandpa age a names.
Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 02, 2015
zendy:

These APC people haven't even gotten into office and they already turning into 'PDP'. Look at this one predicting who will become president after Buhari. He doesn't even know if there will be a party called APC in 4 years time or if APC will not turn out to be more unpopular than PDP. Chances are that there won't even be a country called a Nigeria in 4 years time.
Damn! U have been ranting like a mad man here since the beginning of this thread. Are u okey? What's your problem? So there will no be a country call nigeria in the next four years abi? If U think so, then u are the biggest fool on earth. U just make me sick

1 Like

Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by Rotimi47: 5:00pm On May 02, 2015
Caseless:
Igbo would be carried along; Buhari is going to be the president of all. They(igbo) should learn to forgive the past, as they are too vindictive , and learn not be politically predictable.
true talk, big up.
Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by Ebubest(m): 6:43pm On May 02, 2015
see wetin Igbo leaders dey bring to dem selves say na us dem dey do, rubbish leaders goin 2 beg. dey did it 4 their own interest not ours, i wish Ojukwu is alive.
Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by zendy: 8:06pm On May 02, 2015
AhmedMustapha:

So you mean Igbos will do better in their own country. Just wanted to ask what is against the progress of the Igbos in Nigeria and how will division solve that problem

Yes Igbo will do very well in their own country, actually, it is even Nigeria that is holding the Igbo man back from touching sky.
Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by zendy: 8:09pm On May 02, 2015
sameer1212:
Damn! U have been ranting like a mad man here since the beginning of this thread. Are u okey? What's your problem? So there will no be a country call nigeria in the next four years abi? If U think so, then u are the biggest fool on earth. U just make me sick

In history,there are many countries that have broken up in the past,it is not new
Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by Nobody: 9:07pm On May 02, 2015
Gbawe:

You need to shut up. All this bitter and empty show of bravado misses the point which is that issues remain about the development of Nigeria. If you truly accept this then you will not be here insulting Buhari while the wise men from your ethnic group pursue a mature and bridge-building approach .

Why are you always angry? Sometimes you sound like a child begging for attention. I have never read where you commented without the needless show of entitlement. It will benefit you if you learn to air your opinion without shouting other people down especially when you are in a public forum such as this.

Igbos in general are naturally independent people. From birth we were taught that there is no such thing as a KING so we don't respect any self acclaimed leader unless he/she has earned it. Don't be deceived, we do not have any representative among those people at Abuja. They are simply political jobbers and not a representative of the Igbo nation. The Igbo people have voted with one voice and have shown where their allegiance lies. We stood by our brothers in victory and we will stand by them even in defeat. We are ready to play opposition politics for the time being and we do not need your co-operation.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by AhmedMustapha(m): 9:23pm On May 02, 2015
zendy:

Yes Igbo will do very well in their own country, actually, it is even Nigeria that is holding the Igbo man back from touching sky.
I asked you what is against the progress of the Igbos in Nigeria that division will solve and you come up with this imaginary theories, Again I ask you why can't the Igbos touch the sky in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by zendy: 9:41pm On May 02, 2015
AhmedMustapha:

I asked you what is against the progress of the Igbos in Nigeria that division will solve and you come up with this imaginary theories, Again I ask you why can't the Igbos touch the sky in Nigeria?

This has nothing to do with them touching the sky in Nigeria, this is all about if they want to be in Nigeria at all. For the sake of this same Nigeria, the Igbos have been marginalised, killed in their millions and their sovereignty stolen. Nigeria hasn't worked in 100 years since Lugard created it and it will never work, its time Igbos left this union which they were forced into against their will.

2 Likes

Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by AhmedMustapha(m): 10:03pm On May 02, 2015
zendy:

This has nothing to do with them touching the sky in Nigeria, this is all about if they want to be in Nigeria at all. For the sake of this same Nigeria, the Igbos have been marginalised, killed in their millions and their sovereignty stolen. Nigeria hasn't worked in 100 years since Lugard created it and it will never work, its time Igbos left this union which they were forced into against their will.
I'm not saying Nigeria has worked, I only stand by the fact that division won't solve any of the problems we face as a country
Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by Duru1(m): 10:23pm On May 02, 2015
madamoringo:
Short sighted beggarly people only deserve crumbs of course! Or, what should the people who worked hard, against every odds to be successful get versus the lazy, incompetent and cynical Beastafars who put their lives in a sinking boat to deny Nigeria progress and change? Give Onu, Okorocha, Ngige and the other ibo person there some portfolio, pay their allocations and whatever need to be done constitutionally, but that is all. This people will do anything to sabotage Nigeria in order to keep crying for the Beastafar country and hope APC, Buhari and other Nigerians follow their bad advice which is meant to set a trap for them all the way. I say Buhari and Nigerians be wary of these people of herd mentality, whose inferiority complex drive to paranoia on a per second basis!

You are so idiotic not discern those who are chasing contracts and true Igbo leaders. Ndiigbo do not panhandle, olodo.

1 Like

Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by Kay17: 1:59am On May 03, 2015
Why not advocate for more decentralization of power from the centre. That will satisfy everyone.
Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by zendy: 8:23am On May 03, 2015
AhmedMustapha:

I'm not saying Nigeria has worked, I only stand by the fact that division won't solve any of the problems we face as a country

United hasn't solved the problem so we have give division a try.
Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by f8luv87: 8:19pm On May 03, 2015
Gbawe:

Indeed. Every time I come to nairaland, I have to literally slap myself 'normal' because of how posters like zendy talk aberrantly. Everywhere else in the world, and because of the stone-age problems of our nation, the focus of the people would be on adequate electricity supply, optimal healthcare, bridging our massive infrastructure deficit, developing a modern, modular and robust transport sector, provision of quality education that will assist Nigerians be the sort of solutions providers who can produce first class products and services the world wants, etc , etc, etc.

Yet it is very disappointing to see that some, to the detriment of their own development, prefer to wallow in the mindless hatred of others and the unproductive insistence of holding on to the past to the extent they always prefer to remain bitter and vengeful even when the unique opportunity has arisen for all of us to make a fresh and productive start for the sake of our Nation. Clearly GEJ was a failure. How would it hurt any Nigerian, genuinely desirous of the progress of their own country, to grant Buhari their goodwill, support him, even if temporarily, and hope he delivers so Nigeria can be the great nation God intended her to be ?
hmmmmmm! Anyways.
Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by teamchocolate: 8:04am On Aug 21, 2015
You are anything but clever!

klevjey:

no....war is what we want
Re: Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife by teamchocolate: 8:11am On Aug 21, 2015
abubkhr:

You mean your president elect? And who are you exactly? Because the last time I checked he is the president elect

Wickedt. grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fuel Hike: No Going Back On Strike, Protest – NLC, TUC / Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Nigerians Have Thrown Away Competence, Capacity - APC / Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.