Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,387 members, 7,781,111 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:09 AM

Jesus, Multiple Personality Disorder And Schizophrenia. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus, Multiple Personality Disorder And Schizophrenia. (2168 Views)

Anxiety Disorder Or Juju?? / If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? / Does God have a multiple personality /Are All Religions Except Mine Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus, Multiple Personality Disorder And Schizophrenia. by Zikdik(m): 8:02am On May 02, 2015
Dissociative identity disorder ( DID), previously known
as multiple personality disorder ( MPD ), [1] is a mental
disorder on the dissociative spectrum characterized by at
least two distinct and relatively enduring identities or
dissociated personality states that alternately control a
person's behavior..
Schizophrenia ( /ˌskɪtsɵˈfrɛniə/ or /ˌskɪtsɵˈfriːniə/ ) is a
mental disorder often characterized by abnormal social
behavior and failure to recognize what is real . Common
symptoms include false beliefs , unclear or confused thinking ,
auditory hallucinations , reduced social engagement and
emotional expression..
I was doing some leisure reading some days ago and couldn't help noticing the similarities between the following phenomena:
1) Jesus
2) Multiple Personality Disorder
3) Schizophrenia
Jesus needs no introduction. The bulk of us get introduced to him daily anyway. I'd try to summarize his story below.
Born of a "virgin" who happened was inseminated by an Alien from the milky way, He secluded himself from civilization at about age 30 and then begun his ministry at age 30. He was convicted of conspiracy and treasonable felony at 33 and was executed according to the Roman laws.
During the course of his ministry, he usually referred to his personality in dual and contrasting terms- Lion & Lamb, Bread & Wine, Beginning and End, Saviour and Judge.
Sounds familiar? Yes, multiple personality disorder. More familiar, schizophrenia. The psychology of contrasting personalities, hearing voices, reduced social engagement (Ye are not of this world) was and are typical amongst this attributes of Jesus and his followers.
From delusional beliefs like being able to move mountains with the mind, to dangerous ones with the cannibalistic tendencies of eating flesh and drinking blood, the aforementioned psychological disorders are hopelessly obvious in the life of Christ. He needed help and should be pitied, not worshipped.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissociative_identity_disorder
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia

cc: mmsen, rationalmind, ooman, weigraf, platteon, rudedough, onetrack

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jesus, Multiple Personality Disorder And Schizophrenia. by kay1one2(m): 8:10am On May 02, 2015

Re: Jesus, Multiple Personality Disorder And Schizophrenia. by Nobody: 8:12am On May 02, 2015
When the invincible leader of a movement like Christianity is being charged with having mental problems,what could be said of his followers?

1 Like

Re: Jesus, Multiple Personality Disorder And Schizophrenia. by VhatAmazingDude: 8:20am On May 02, 2015
What language are you typing with?
English?
You think it is English because that's what you've been led to believe.
And you can argue that it is English because that's what most people call it.
Or could it be that you're seeing it as English because your mind led you to do so?
What if you have a distorted mind that makes you think the the symbols we're typing with are identical?
Perhaps your mind is leading you to think all you have read is what I really posted.
Meanwhile, I posted something very different and you're seeing something else; Distortion of idea.
And if you indeed have a distorted mind, akin to schizophrenia, who knows what it could lead you to do?
It could lead you to view yourself differently as someone else; as Jesus.. To assign your perceived attributes of yourself to him so as to make yourself someone else?

And you may feel the need to defend yourself again, but why should I really pay attention to you if you indeed have a distorted mind hinged on schizophrenia?
You may also decide to ignore, which is the best for you to keep your 'perfect self' intact because further probing may reveal the real pitiable condition of your mental state; if, like predicted, you have one.

Why should one really consider you? Can we have a proof of your mental fitness? Probably signed by a renowned psychologist?

2 Likes

Re: Jesus, Multiple Personality Disorder And Schizophrenia. by Zikdik(m): 8:30am On May 02, 2015
VhatAmazingDude:
What language are you typing with?
English?
You think it is English because that's what you've been led to believe.
And you can argue that it is English because that's what most people call it.
Or could it be that you're seeing it as English because your mind led you to do so?
What if you have a distorted mind that makes you think the the symbols we're typing with are identical?
Perhaps your mind is leading you to think all you have read is what I really posted.
Meanwhile, I posted something very different and you're seeing something else; Distortion of idea.
And if you indeed have a distorted mind, akin to schizophrenia, who knows what it could lead you to do?
It could lead you to view yourself differently as someone else; as Jesus.. To assign your perceived attributes of yourself to him so as to make yourself someone else?

And you may feel the need to defend yourself again, but why should I really pay attention to you if you indeed have a distorted mind hinged on schizophrenia?
You may also decide to ignore, which is the best for you to keep your 'perfect self' intact because further probing may reveal the real pitiable condition of your mental state; if, like predicted, you have one.

Why should one really consider you? Can we have a proof of your mental fitness? Probably signed by a renowned psychologist?
Smart.. but not smart enough. You're playing around facts. It is not my psychological state that is under scrutiny but Jesus' and unless you have counter evidence, you should stop playing with words.
Re: Jesus, Multiple Personality Disorder And Schizophrenia. by Nobody: 8:41am On May 02, 2015
Jesus Reigns. He is my Lord and King.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus, Multiple Personality Disorder And Schizophrenia. by Scholar8200(m): 9:37am On May 02, 2015
Zikdik:
Dissociative identity disorder ( DID), previously known
as multiple personality disorder ( MPD ), [1] is a mental
disorder on the dissociative spectrum characterized by at
least two distinct and relatively enduring identities or
dissociated personality states that alternately control a
person's behavior..
Schizophrenia ( /ˌskɪtsɵˈfrɛniə/ or /ˌskɪtsɵˈfriːniə/ ) is a
mental disorder often characterized by abnormal social
behavior and failure to recognize what is real . Common
symptoms include false beliefs , unclear or confused thinking ,
auditory hallucinations , reduced social engagement and
emotional expression..
I was doing some leisure reading some days ago and couldn't help noticing the similarities between the following phenomena:
1) Jesus
2) Multiple Personality Disorder
3) Schizophrenia
Jesus needs no introduction. The bulk of us get introduced to him daily anyway. I'd try to summarize his story below.
Born of a "virgin" who happened was inseminated by an Alien from the milky way, He secluded himself from civilization at about age 30 and then begun his ministry at age 30. He was convicted of conspiracy and treasonable felony at 33 and was executed according to the Roman laws.
During the course of his ministry, he usually referred to his personality in dual and contrasting terms- Lion & Lamb, Bread & Wine, Beginning and End, Saviour and Judge.
Sounds familiar? Yes, multiple personality disorder. More familiar, schizophrenia. The psychology of contrasting personalities, hearing voices, reduced social engagement (Ye are not of this world) was and are typical amongst this attributes of Jesus and his followers.
From delusional beliefs like being able to move mountains with the mind, to dangerous ones with the cannibalistic tendencies of eating flesh and drinking blood, the aforementioned psychological disorders are hopelessly obvious in the life of Christ. He needed help and should be pitied, not worshipped.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissociative_identity_disorder
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia

cc: mmsen, rationalmind, ooman, weigraf, platteon, rudedough, onetrack
@ op, The highlighted text is an honour to me! Jesus loves you too!!!( Father forgive them for they know not what they type).
Re: Jesus, Multiple Personality Disorder And Schizophrenia. by plaetton: 11:44am On May 02, 2015
ifeness:
When the invincible leader of a movement like Christianity is being charged with having mental problems,what could be said of his followers?
Lol.

But this is actually not a joke.

It is based on the blend of historical narratives with modern empirical research in cognitive psychology.
I ran a thread on this topic a while ago, where I pointed out the amazingly, all the founders and influential personalities of the world's major religions had been post-diagnosed with various forms of mental illnesses or dysfunctions or personality disorders.

Here is the thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/1502765/religion-finally-explained-link-btw
Re: Jesus, Multiple Personality Disorder And Schizophrenia. by Emteebee(m): 12:01pm On May 02, 2015

Re: Jesus, Multiple Personality Disorder And Schizophrenia. by ooman(m): 2:34pm On May 02, 2015
Pls stop mentioning my name. I have said enough on Nairaland, I say no more.
Re: Jesus, Multiple Personality Disorder And Schizophrenia. by tpiadotcom: 2:39pm On May 02, 2015
Must you blaspheme instead of getting help?

@ op.
Re: Jesus, Multiple Personality Disorder And Schizophrenia. by Zikdik(m): 3:34pm On May 02, 2015
tpiadotcom:
Must you blaspheme instead of getting help?

@ op.
Jesus needs help. Not me, Jesus.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus, Multiple Personality Disorder And Schizophrenia. by Zikdik(m): 3:35pm On May 02, 2015
ooman:
Pls stop mentioning my name. I have said enough on Nairaland, I say no more.
Don't get tired of these people. Please.
Re: Jesus, Multiple Personality Disorder And Schizophrenia. by tpiadotcom: 4:51pm On May 02, 2015
Zikdik:

Jesus needs help. Not me, Jesus.

No, its you.
Re: Jesus, Multiple Personality Disorder And Schizophrenia. by Zikdik(m): 5:04pm On May 02, 2015
tpiadotcom:

No, its you.
Well then, care to explain?

(1) (Reply)

Misconceptions About The Baptism And Gifts Of The Holy Spirit / Your WORK Is To Enter His Rest - Joseph Prince / FUNNY MEMES That Depict The Reality Of Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.