Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,742 members, 7,802,262 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:42 AM

Based On Practice, Christianity Is Still The Hope For Mankind! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Based On Practice, Christianity Is Still The Hope For Mankind! (1734 Views)

Sex Scandal: Apostle Johnson Suleman Is INNOCENT Based On Evidence In This Repot / Muslims And Christians Do Not Practice Christianity And Islam / i am leaving the church now.Christianity Is Not A True Religion! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Based On Practice, Christianity Is Still The Hope For Mankind! by kay1one2(m): 8:24am On May 02, 2015
Other religions are full of a lot of unproductive crap that traps one in a myriad of activities that yield no results. Most even delve into terrorism and rituals. Only Christianity provides a hope for humanity to hold on to for a better life here and afterwards.
Christ is our hope. And he doesn't fail.
All others yield bitterness, sadness, unproductivity and pain.
The Bible and its timeless jewels are also a clear marker that Jesus is the Way, Truth and the Life!

2 Likes

Re: Based On Practice, Christianity Is Still The Hope For Mankind! by Nobody: 8:42am On May 02, 2015
shout it more Louder

1 Like

Re: Based On Practice, Christianity Is Still The Hope For Mankind! by johnydon22(m): 8:58am On May 02, 2015
Uuuhm bro is it by telling mankind that it will get destroyed and raptured? or by teaching young kids that they inherited an original sin they know nothing about therefore they are a sin by nature.... which way exactly

2 Likes

Re: Based On Practice, Christianity Is Still The Hope For Mankind! by Zikdik(m): 8:59am On May 02, 2015
kay1one2:
Other religions are full of a lot of unproductive crap that traps one in a myriad of activities that yield no results. Most even delve into terrorism and rituals. Only Christianity provides a hope for humanity to hold on to for a better life here and afterwards.
The Bible and its timeless jewels are also a clear marker that Jesus is the Way, Truth and the Life!
Multiple Personality Disorder.

1 Like

Re: Based On Practice, Christianity Is Still The Hope For Mankind! by johnydon22(m): 8:59am On May 02, 2015
Zikdik:
can you stop that crap and address the thread properly bro
Re: Based On Practice, Christianity Is Still The Hope For Mankind! by Zikdik(m): 9:04am On May 02, 2015
johnydon22:

can you stop that crap and address the thread properly bro
I did. The way, the truth, the life. MPD. Have you read or heard of the Church's Great Inquisition?
Re: Based On Practice, Christianity Is Still The Hope For Mankind! by kay1one2(m): 9:05am On May 02, 2015
Zikdik:

Baseless!
Re: Based On Practice, Christianity Is Still The Hope For Mankind! by kay1one2(m): 9:07am On May 02, 2015
Zikdik:

I did. The way, the truth, the life. MPD.
Have you read or heard of the Church's Great Inquisition?

That means you have more than multiple since you have multiple social media accounts including this one! tongue
Re: Based On Practice, Christianity Is Still The Hope For Mankind! by kay1one2(m): 9:11am On May 02, 2015
johnydon22:
Uuuhm bro is it by telling mankind that it will get destroyed and raptured? or by teaching young kids that they inherited an original sin they know nothing about therefore they are a sin by nature.... which way exactly

By knowing that the greatest commandment herein lies thus; "to love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength. And to love your neighbour as yourself. "
Most of the Western values we have today stem from Christianity. From the sermon on the mount to "he who has no sin sin should cast the first stone."
Everyone needs to study the Bible personally and have a personal relationship with God not that handed over to us primarily by preachers alone.
Re: Based On Practice, Christianity Is Still The Hope For Mankind! by Zikdik(m): 9:14am On May 02, 2015
kay1one2:

That means you have more than multiple since you have multiple social media accounts including this one! tongue
You don't understand the concept, do you?
Have you heard of the Spanish Inquisition?
Re: Based On Practice, Christianity Is Still The Hope For Mankind! by johnydon22(m): 9:15am On May 02, 2015
kay1one2:

By knowing that the greatest commandment herein lies thus; "to love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength. And to love your neighbour as yourself. "
Most of the Western values we have today stem from Christianity. From the sermon on the mount to "he who has no sin sin should cast the first stone."
Everyone needs to study the Bible personally and have a personal relationship with God not that handed over to us primarily by preachers alone.
so without the bible commanding you to love, you wont love your neighbours

Is telling children they inherited an original sin they know nothing about therefore making them sin by nature, is it right?

is threatening humanity with destruction and eternal damnation right?

@bolded please give me one example?

1 Like

Re: Based On Practice, Christianity Is Still The Hope For Mankind! by kay1one2(m): 5:19pm On May 02, 2015
johnydon22:

so without the bible commanding you to love, you wont love your neighbours

Is telling children they inherited an original sin they know nothing about therefore making them sin by nature, is it right?

From the sermon on the mount to the quote I gave.
Re: Based On Practice, Christianity Is Still The Hope For Mankind! by kay1one2(m): 5:27pm On May 02, 2015
Emteebee:

1. The original sin shows itself in the fact that no matter how hard we try, we as humans cannot attain sanctity. Except you lie to yourself it is not possible! Even the Jews in the desert and through out their sojourn through their history found keeping the law difficult or better put; impossible. That's why Jesus came. If you are honest with yourself you'll attest to the fact that you haven't been anywhere close to the level of sanctity you need for right living.

2. The Bible clearly states that God makes His sun shine on both the righteous and unrighteous and His rain fall on both. Just because someone who doesn't agree with your philosophy has been materially successful doesn't make all his/her beliefs right or able to give eternal life which is what we all strife for.

3. Christianity is a personal journey to Christ and even the pope will stand before God's judgement seat. The constitution of Christianity is the Bible which you should take time to study sometime!
Re: Based On Practice, Christianity Is Still The Hope For Mankind! by plaetton: 5:53pm On May 02, 2015
Zikdik:

You don't understand the concept, do you?
Have you heard of the Spanish Inquisition?
They didn't teach that in jamb lessons.
Re: Based On Practice, Christianity Is Still The Hope For Mankind! by johnydon22(m): 6:20pm On May 02, 2015
kay1one2:

From the sermon on the mount to the quote I gave.

Did you miss the question ok let me ask them again..

so without the bible commanding you to love, you wont love your
neighbours?

Is telling children they inherited an original sin they know nothing about
therefore making them sin by nature, is it right?

Re: Based On Practice, Christianity Is Still The Hope For Mankind! by kay1one2(m): 6:25pm On May 02, 2015
johnydon22:

Did you miss the question ok let me ask them again..

neighbours?

I replied the @bolded. The idea of original sin comes from the fact that man is fallen and no matter how modest we try to be, attaining non self centered righteousness is practically impossible without God's help.
There are traditionally two kinds of preachers; old school like parents who "threaten" to pass the message across and the some what modern who make people realise their need for a savior from sin. If Jesus threatened, he wouldn't have specifically stopped his disciples from starting a war when He was about to be arrested at gethsamene.
Re: Based On Practice, Christianity Is Still The Hope For Mankind! by johnydon22(m): 6:45pm On May 02, 2015
kay1one2:

I replied the @bolded. The idea of original sin comes from the fact that man is fallen and no matter how modest we try to be, attaining non self centered righteousness is practically impossible without God's help.
Now according to the fable of Adam and Eve, Adam and eve fell and not you.. How come you now bear the repercussions of their fall? or do you think it's ok for you to be blamed for the sins of your parents..?

kay1one2:

There are traditionally two kinds of preachers; old school like parents who "threaten" to pass the message across and the some what modern who make people realise their need for a savior from sin. If Jesus threatened, he wouldn't have specifically stopped his disciples from starting a war when He was about to be arrested at gethsamene.
this doesnt answer the questions which states...

neighbours?

For the bolded part, this was your assertion.
Most of the Western values we have today stem from Christianity .
And i asked for one example of these western values... Just one ..smiley
Re: Based On Practice, Christianity Is Still The Hope For Mankind! by texanomaly(f): 8:04pm On May 02, 2015
kay1one2:

Other religions are full of a lot of unproductive crap that traps one in a myriad of activities that yield no results.
It is self proclaimed...So called "Christians" like you that give all Christians a bad name.

kay1one2:

Most even delve into terrorism and rituals.
Be more careful in your choice of words.

kay1one2:

Only Christianity provides a hope for humanity to hold on to for a better life here and afterwards.

Unfortunately, those of us who believe in freedom of speech must also listen to the idio.tic ravings of self-righteous hypocrites such as yourself.
Re: Based On Practice, Christianity Is Still The Hope For Mankind! by Anas09: 8:47pm On May 02, 2015
Jonnydon, have you seen this movie, "The Purch?" If u haven't I will recommed you see it. If u ve well. That's the world without GOD. Without God, where do u get the concept of right and.Wrong? Morals, love, tolerance etc? My dear Jon. You r worst than the Muslims.

1 Like

Re: Based On Practice, Christianity Is Still The Hope For Mankind! by kay1one2(m): 8:50pm On May 02, 2015
texanomaly:

It is self proclaimed...So called "Christians" like you that give all Christians a bad name.

Be more careful in your choice of words.

Unfortunately, those of us who believe in freedom of speech must also listen to the idio.tic ravings of self-righteous hypocrites such as yourself.

Your opinion has been noted and duly disregarded!
Re: Based On Practice, Christianity Is Still The Hope For Mankind! by kay1one2(m): 8:52pm On May 02, 2015
johnydon22:
Now according to the fable of Adam and Eve, Adam and eve fell and not you.. How come you now bear the repercussions of their fall? or do you think it's ok for you to be blamed for the sins of your parents..?

this doesnt answer the questions which states...

neighbours?

For the bolded part, this was your assertion.

And i asked for one example of these western values... Just one ..smiley

Gift giving during celebratory periods; democracy; rule of law; societal norms like free speech.
Re: Based On Practice, Christianity Is Still The Hope For Mankind! by texanomaly(f): 8:57pm On May 02, 2015
kay1one2:

Your opinion has been noted and duly disregarded!
Not the least bit surprised. undecided

1 Like

Re: Based On Practice, Christianity Is Still The Hope For Mankind! by johnydon22(m): 8:59pm On May 02, 2015
Anas09:
Jonnydon, have you seen this movie, "The Purch?" If u haven't I will recommed you see it. If u ve well. That's the world without GOD. Without God, where do u get the concept of right and.Wrong? Morals, love, tolerance etc? My dear Jon. You r worst than the Muslims.

Wooooow You see whenever i see something like this, it instills fear in me because you are just showing me that without the concept of a god, you would be without morals, you wouldn't have love or tolerance.. That seems to me like a you have a moral disorder.

Actually looking at the Christian crusades, Muslim jihads i still do not see how the concept of god have managed to promote morals, love and tolerance.

Morality is human, it belongs to no ism, and does not depend on a book, creed or supernatural for foundation because morality itself is a foundation.

I am worst than the muslims, too bad you also thinks bad of other theists just because they dont share your ideology.. wink . . . I think thats ego speaking here.. smiley

Since the idea of a god is needed to keep people like you in check and instill a little bit of morality, am actually compelled to says "its a good idea" wink
Re: Based On Practice, Christianity Is Still The Hope For Mankind! by johnydon22(m): 9:01pm On May 02, 2015
kay1one2:

Gift giving during celebratory periods; democracy; rule of law; societal norms like free speech.

it was only but a few questions smiley
Re: Based On Practice, Christianity Is Still The Hope For Mankind! by kay1one2(m): 9:08pm On May 02, 2015
johnydon22:

it was only but a few questions smiley

No need going round in circles! The Bible is as advisory as it is prophetic. Reading it motivates and empowers spiritually to Love.
I'm not in the mood for epistles as per my schedule.
Re: Based On Practice, Christianity Is Still The Hope For Mankind! by kay1one2(m): 9:09pm On May 02, 2015
johnydon22:

Wooooow You see whenever i see something like this, it instills fear in me because you are just showing me that without the concept of a god, you would be without morals, you wouldn't have love or tolerance.. That seems to me like a you have a moral disorder.

Actually looking at the Christian crusades, Muslim jihads i still do not see how the concept of god have managed to promote morals, love and tolerance.

Morality is human, it belongs to no ism, and does not depend on a book, creed or supernatural for foundation because morality itself is a foundation.

I am worst than the muslims, too bad you also thinks bad of other theists just because they dont share your ideology.. wink . . . I think thats ego speaking here.. smiley

Since the idea of a god is needed to keep people like you in check and instill a little bit of morality, am actually compelled to says "its a good idea" wink

Morality is human and we have wars every other second?
Re: Based On Practice, Christianity Is Still The Hope For Mankind! by johnydon22(m): 9:11pm On May 02, 2015
kay1one2:

No need going round in circles! The Bible is as advisory as it is prophetic. Reading it motivates and empowers spiritually to Love.
I'm not in the mood for epistles as per my schedule.

I wouldn't even take the epistles... because i wont read a long boring post.. well since you dont want to answer... am out .. Have a good one bro.. wink
Re: Based On Practice, Christianity Is Still The Hope For Mankind! by johnydon22(m): 9:16pm On May 02, 2015
kay1one2:

Morality is human and we have wars every other second?

Many of them caused by religion wink

Of course, Morality is human and so is immorality...

A moral act is one that decreases individual human suffering and/or betters the societal well being, justice, freedom and equality.

An immoral act is one that increases individual human suffering or is a detriment to societal well being, justice, freedom and equality..

You need to be compassionate towards people because you care about their well being not because someone wants you to..smiley

Are you meaning to tell me that without religion, you couldn't figure out murder was wrong
Re: Based On Practice, Christianity Is Still The Hope For Mankind! by kay1one2(m): 9:21pm On May 02, 2015
johnydon22:

A moral act is one that decreases individual human suffering and/or betters the societal well being, justice, freedom and equality.

An immoral act is one that increases individual human suffering or is a detriment to societal well being, justice, freedom and equality..

You need to be compassionate towards people because you care about their well being not because someone wants you to..smiley

Just wait till you get screwed in the butt for "being nice"! Besides why should anyone take you seriously when you don't take that from christians seriously? And please there is also the term hypocrisy which defines people who carry out "good deeds" for public recognition; something Christ was against!
You aren't even close to getting recognition from me!!!
Re: Based On Practice, Christianity Is Still The Hope For Mankind! by kay1one2(m): 9:24pm On May 02, 2015
johnydon22:

Are you meaning to tell me that without religion, you couldn't figure out murder was wrong

You have gotten alot all wrong! The root cause of wars is greed! Quote me anywhere! !! Excesses of capitalism! Have you ever talked to an addict? I have! They know their acts are wrong and still go on and do them! Why? Adam's fall!
Re: Based On Practice, Christianity Is Still The Hope For Mankind! by johnydon22(m): 9:28pm On May 02, 2015
kay1one2:

Just wait till you get screwed in the butt for "being nice"! Besides why should anyone take you seriously when you don't take that from christians seriously? And please there is also the term hypocrisy which defines people who carry out "good deeds" for public recognition; something Christ was against!
You aren't even close to getting recognition from me!!!

. . Lmao now this is emotional and personal. . It was just a very simple answer. .

I only answered your question no need getting emotional about it

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kirk Franklin May Have Joined The Dark Side / And I Daniel Understood By Books... / 10 Common Misconceptions About Atheism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.