Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,426 members, 7,808,525 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:02 PM

Return Stolen Funds & Get Pardon, Buhari To Corrupt Officials - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Return Stolen Funds & Get Pardon, Buhari To Corrupt Officials (1585 Views)

Lawyers Avoid Some Courts Due To Corrupt Judges, Says SAN / Jibrin Threatens To Expose Reps Members If They Do Not Return Stolen Money / Lalong Gives Ex-Governor Jang Two Weeks To Return “Stolen Money” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Return Stolen Funds & Get Pardon, Buhari To Corrupt Officials by RICHIEBOI1(m): 12:35pm On May 02, 2015
Nigeria’s President elect may likely grant amnesty to corrupt politicians but they will have to first return any stolen money in their possession. This was made known by former governor of Ekiti state and Head of Policy, Research & Strategy, Buhari Campaign, Dr. Kayode Fayemi.
According to the ex-governor, Buhari’s promise to extend hands of friendship to everybody does not mean that he would not prosecute corrupt government officials who served in the President Goodluck Jonathan administration. Kayode was speaking during a programme on BBC titled, HardTalk were he said the APC government would use all means to ensure that justice and fairness were established.
“Corruption is not going to be dealt with by punishment alone. It is also going to be dealt with by incentives to those who are prepared to have a conversion. If you come voluntarily and say, look, I have stolen some money and I am prepared to return the money, Gen. Buhari would not say no to that.”
“Returning the funds is a form of justice to Nigeria because those funds will now be available for the teeming population. There would be a range of options for dealing with corruption but that does not mean that justice will not take its full course.
“Buhari said he would not interfere with the judicial process and that if anyone is found guilty of malfeasance or corruption then that the law would take its course. Buhari didn’t mention any individual but anyone who is found guilty or who behaved badly in terms of corruption would be brought to face the law.”

http://omojuwa.com/2015/05/return-stolen-funds-get-pardon-buhari-to-corrupt-officials/
Re: Return Stolen Funds & Get Pardon, Buhari To Corrupt Officials by jamex93(m): 12:49pm On May 02, 2015
jail their fuc.king ass criminals
Re: Return Stolen Funds & Get Pardon, Buhari To Corrupt Officials by Mamatee07: 12:51pm On May 02, 2015
The mooney is the most important thing, with the way this administration has emptied our reserve we need as much loot as we can recover for a Nigeria to move forward
Re: Return Stolen Funds & Get Pardon, Buhari To Corrupt Officials by Sandydayz(f): 12:59pm On May 02, 2015
No way can dey return those moneyS and go scot free.... Instead that should only reduce thier jail term... If they wanna be free they should return both the money and tyms 12 interest of the nomal rate for the amount they stole.... Shikina..
Re: Return Stolen Funds & Get Pardon, Buhari To Corrupt Officials by simpleseyi: 1:33pm On May 02, 2015
Sandydayz:
No way can dey return those moneyS and go scot free.... Instead that should only reduce thier jail term... If they wanna be free they should return both the money and tyms 12 interest of the nomal rate for the amount they stole.... Shikina..

Do you hate Jonathan and his co-looters this much? I beg, there is not enough prison to put them all.
Re: Return Stolen Funds & Get Pardon, Buhari To Corrupt Officials by gebest: 1:53pm On May 02, 2015
Great, this is what i want to hear we need money to run this government, at least we should be exspecting nothing less than 20trillion naira.
Re: Return Stolen Funds & Get Pardon, Buhari To Corrupt Officials by Sandydayz(f): 1:55pm On May 02, 2015
simpleseyi:

Do you hate Jonathan and his co-looters this much? I beg, there is not enough prison to put them all.
We can build more.... grin
Re: Return Stolen Funds & Get Pardon, Buhari To Corrupt Officials by Whynotthetruth(m): 2:02pm On May 02, 2015
OK....what about those spent on his campaign
Re: Return Stolen Funds & Get Pardon, Buhari To Corrupt Officials by psucc(m): 2:45pm On May 02, 2015
APC propaganda.
So he wants to bank on return of stolen cash to keep his promises to Nigerians?
Buhari must be kidding.
Re: Return Stolen Funds & Get Pardon, Buhari To Corrupt Officials by idupaul: 2:56pm On May 02, 2015
When is Fayemi returning his own loot? When is Tinubu returning his Mega loot.. I hope this return aint just about PDP thieves alone
Re: Return Stolen Funds & Get Pardon, Buhari To Corrupt Officials by Nobody: 2:58pm On May 02, 2015
#Barcanista4Kirikiri
Re: Return Stolen Funds & Get Pardon, Buhari To Corrupt Officials by Bevista: 3:57pm On May 02, 2015
“Returning the funds is a form of justice to Nigeria because those funds will now be available for the teeming population.
I do understand the overall thinking here, but I disagree with the above quote. There is absolutely no justice in this!

If a man breaks into your house and steals N100k, then he later comes forward (for fear of prosecution) to return N40k back voluntarily, is that justice? #JustAsking.
Re: Return Stolen Funds & Get Pardon, Buhari To Corrupt Officials by AhmedMustapha(m): 3:59pm On May 02, 2015
ok

(1) (Reply)

Igwebuike Grammar School-Awka Wins The National Quiz Competition For JSS / GEJ Doesn’t Pick My Calls, He Gave Boko Haram Power – Cameroon’s President Biya / Nnewi… The Melting Pot Of Commerce, Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.