Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,901 members, 7,802,920 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:18 AM

The Igbos That Helped Buhari To The Presidency - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Igbos That Helped Buhari To The Presidency (40339 Views)

I Helped Buhari Defeat Jonathan – Ex-nsa Dasuki / How I Helped Buhari Defeat Jonathan – Ex-nsa Dasuki / How Technology And Social Media Helped Buhari To Win (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Igbos That Helped Buhari To The Presidency by tonychristopher: 2:04pm On May 03, 2015
Ezebu:
He's an Ikwere man... They don't call themselves Igbo though, even if they share name and have language similarities.

The worst thing a man can do to himself is to lie to himself!The Ikwerre man should stop living in SELF DENIAL.I am an Ikwerre man and I know Ikwerre is Igbo Period!Growing up in Igbo land made me realise this.Even my grandma who lived all her live in the village understands and speak Imo State version of Igbo.Among the Igbos,we have various dialects some of which an average Igboman may not understand.E.g Nsukka,Ezza, Mgbo, Afikpo,Ohaozara,Ohafia,etc all have diverse dialect.So I believe Ikwerre is a sub Igbo.Finally,my GST 102 course(Nigeria Peoples and Culture) during my B.Sc days thought me that a people can be classified under a tribe based on the following parameters:

What they call God
Number of their market days and the names of those market days
Their numbering/counting system
Their names.

You too can research based on the above and lets know if i am right or wrong.

God bless you
Re: The Igbos That Helped Buhari To The Presidency by Amansu(f): 2:15pm On May 03, 2015
splashbaby:
Recently I was discussing the role many prominent Igbos played in helping GMB to the presidency and many never believed they did much.

1. Fr. Mbaka: The voice from the pulpit aimed several serial political attacks at GEJ with wreckless abandon. His abbatoir was the adoration ground that had earlier anointed the wife of the president in an elaborate program...but within weeks he was his biggest critic. His sermon were laced with anything ANTI-GEJ.

Father Mbaka was a constant torn the GEJ's never got an answer to silent him. Was he working for the APC or was He under the influence of the holy spirit as he claimed? Only time will tell. Watch him talk below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UR5g69sx9E

2. Oby Ezekwesili: The former minister took the #bringbackourgirls crusade to a new height. A constant nuisance depleting the rank and file of the GEJ government's lilly liver fight against the dreaded Boko Haram sects. Locally and internationally, she highlighted all that was wrong with the GEJ's regime.

The height of her campaign was laying siege at the national assembly. Many believed that her campaign was bore out of political sentiment than sincere concern for the kidnapped girls. However she never missed any opportunity to rub on the failure of the GEJ's government whenever she speaks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2pMxHCNavY

3. Rochas Okorocha: This is the real deal for the Igbos. A flawless orator and the new face of the Igbo nation. He was the lonely voice of the APC in the East...this was a man who had been members of almost all the major political parties in Nigeria, from APGA to ANPP, AA to PDP and now APC. He stood firm in the face of adversity as the PDP threw their weight unhindered in the South East. He was the strongest APC henchman in the East that gave them public appeal as a true National party. He may one day rule Nigeria if his kinsmen rally round him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd0ufl9aPKs

4. Ogbonnaya Onu: A political arrow head of the APC, He was a key factor in the creation of the APC. The only authentic address the APC his in the east is the home of the former governor, a loyal leader that Buhari and co holds in high esteem. He was involved in many of the failed battles in the east to garner support for Buhari during the election.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTKcm3S4Sqk

5. Dr Chris Ngige: A former governor and a progressive to the core...many of his political battles are well documented with sometimes too weird to fathom, but his role as the APC foot soldier from the east provided the necessary arsenal the APC needed to dislodge the ethnic/religious tanthrum the PDP threw at them... He was a stabilsing factor from the east doing the mop up whenever Lai Mohammed releases his missles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeKruUWYGZk

6. Charles Soludo's: last ditch effort to rubbish the economic power house of the GEJ's administration led by Ngozi Iweala was a terrible punch below the belt. It was a destraction they never expected. He charged GEJ for leadership failure and enumerated on many political and economic indices bothering on sustained systematic corruption leveled against the government. He challenged the defacto prime minister Ngozi Iweala to an economic debate that never materialised.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PagyuS6Q6OY

How states did Buhari win the Ibo land?

1 Like

Re: The Igbos That Helped Buhari To The Presidency by frediech(m): 3:46pm On May 03, 2015
Baawaa:
Rev Mbaka is the man,but without Ameachi your list is not complete
Amechi is not igbo
Re: The Igbos That Helped Buhari To The Presidency by tuncy(m): 4:06pm On May 03, 2015
alaoeri:

To be sincere those names the op mentioned have very little impact during the electioneering, check the number of votes GMB got in SE & compare it to that of 2011 & its also shows that all Igbos don't think the same, some have put the civil war behind them & embracing a better Nigeria while some are still bitter about what happened 30years ago to the extend of brainwashing their offsprings that GMB is behind the civil war.

Mehn, you will be wrong to discredit those people... They stood out in d face of opposition, they stood against the will of their people, they gave entrance to some of those SE states, in 2011, GMB couldn't even campaign in some of those places, no gov candidate. Don't forget, they had just one vote each.
Re: The Igbos That Helped Buhari To The Presidency by splashbaby(m): 4:34pm On May 03, 2015
Amansu:

How states did Buhari win the Ibo land?
They worked for him
Re: The Igbos That Helped Buhari To The Presidency by fairheven: 4:34pm On May 03, 2015
madamoringo:
Ibos shamefully trying to steal themselves in through the back door after Yorubas birthed the vision, mobilized and built bridges of alliance to the north, middle belt and parts of the SS but only ibos were myopic and declined progress for their usual tribalistic and insular reasons. Anyway, the APC will do what is in its plan for and with these non-typical Ibos but the local ones still on their villages and doting the landscapes of the SW angling for something they worked against on the basis of quota system will be disappointed. Give Iboland what it deserves constitutionally but that is it because they worked hardest against today, against APC, against Buhari, against Tinubu, even Amaechi and must never benefit for what they didn't work for! They like the chop sand syndrome and I hope they are made to choke on it!!
And. Wat do u say tO the likeS OD AfenifeRe an millions Of Yoruba that voted for JonAthan,they are less of humAns
Can't u ppl just accept ppls right and dignity to make Choices without prejudicing the outcome
Re: The Igbos That Helped Buhari To The Presidency by henryhemon(m): 4:35pm On May 03, 2015
Vicotex:
All in All na ONECHANCE we enter.

GOBE: is when you enter onechance vehicle and start requesting for change.
Always think before you talk. One chance in what way?That clueless gej is better than GMB?One chance that jona was doing well and majority rejected him?do you just spew gibberish to be noticed?
Re: The Igbos That Helped Buhari To The Presidency by Nobody: 6:14pm On May 03, 2015
Baawaa:

Oh,because of Rotimi that is in his names,don't get it wrong Ameachi is confirmed"omo Igbo"
ameachi is an ikewere man and thr language is ikwere but it sound more like igbo
Re: The Igbos That Helped Buhari To The Presidency by PenSniper: 6:22pm On May 03, 2015
Duru1:

What a moronic sketch. I guess dunces are created in Yoruba land. The inherent backstabbers and behind-lickers recently went into alliance to form APC.

Your forefathers back-stabbed, boot-licked and ass-sucked from independence uptil the 2nd republic with nothing tangible to show for it but to leave you in 4th class citizenship in your own country. I can understand your pain, frustration and sorrow with the current scenario but you have to come to terms with reality and accept your masters as masters or you'll simply lose your senses.
Re: The Igbos That Helped Buhari To The Presidency by ibkgab001: 9:41pm On May 03, 2015
Irrelevant excuse
Re: The Igbos That Helped Buhari To The Presidency by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 11:12am On May 04, 2015
handsometokunbo:

See an Igbo man claiming Portharcourt from the Ikwerres and the rest. Why won't u be defeated in a war when you are arrogantly building enemies within.

Be proud of your freaking 5 tiny and landlocked states for once.

The same fate that befell Ikwerres and the rest is waiting and jogging for Ijaws; it's a matter of time before Edwin Clark would be forced to bear Ikechukwu and Bayelsa ll be forced into Biafdrugtraficking. I know that Igbos' plan for Ijaws. I m prayerfully hoping that Ijaws would secede from Nigeria along with Igbos so they could smell their own mess.

You are an idiaat,infact idiooot,google and see that Ikweres are partly Igbos,jealousness will kill you because you have no oil in your land and want to fight for those that do not share common linage with you.

Continue claiming that PH is not an igboland until an igbo man slap you in PH,then you will know who owns the land. They are our sons and daughters,stop being silly.
Re: The Igbos That Helped Buhari To The Presidency by Etruth: 11:24am On May 04, 2015
doctokwus:

Perhaps you are not looking at d right pvc figures!
Google pvc collection in d southeast and none had less than 1million pvc collected except Ebonyi!!Meanwhile average % voter turnout at the elections in d se was about 37%!!!
If APC men in d east and outside had not galvanised themselves to form a formidable force,this is the scenario that would have played out that day: as soon as d card readers were deliberately made and said to have failed and manual accreditation allowed,there would have been writing of votes in d various govt and personal homes of PDP stalwarts using the military,police,sss and a lot of compromised and intimidated INEC officials and the kind of 90% turnout and 99% votes for GEJ would have been coming out,giving you the kind of 1.4-1.6m votes we saw in rivers state for the PDP.
APC would have cried blue murder,GMB would have cried his eyes out again and headed to the courts. Of course with PDP and GEJ in celebratory and drunken mood,transferring N1b to the account of each of the electoral panel judges would have been chicken change to a man who spent N2trillion to bribe during the campaigns.
By now you and I my friend would have started witnessing the bankcupting of our resources and militancy/brigandage never ever witnessed in this nation by the types of GEJ, mama peace, orubebe,wike etc.
We cannot over emphasize what God did for us by allowing all the factors, individuals and forces that came together under His guidance to deliver GMB's victory; least of all that of the southeasterners that stood by GMB,despite d great campaign of calumny against him in the region.
God bless you Sir for this brilliant piece, especially the bolded part. I always find your contributions on this forum thrilling each time I read them. Please keep it up. You are an inspiration.
Re: The Igbos That Helped Buhari To The Presidency by Etruth: 11:44am On May 04, 2015
Youngzedd:
And my name isn't there, @OP you're a learner.

Did you know how I campaign for Buhari both online and offline even in the mist of GEJ supporters and my family.

Hehe, check records wella.
Bros me too ooo. My clients, church members, friends,in-laws, family,co-commuters, colleagues even enemies sef. No one was spared the Gospel of Change from my mouth. Online and offline, day and night, my quest for change never wavered and I ensured everyone who came in contact with me received some portion of the anointing. Its impossible for me to be in a place where Buhari's name is being slandered and not speak up. I rubbished every campaign of calumny released to defame Baba. Above all, I gave myself to fasting and prayers for this cause....GOD IS FAITHFUL who gives us triumph over the evil party PDP and uplifts our nation Nigeria to an enviable position. God bless Buhari/Osinbajo. God bless Naija. OP, biko denyere afam na the original list. Chineke gozie Buhari. Nigeria must be great. A'bum onye Naija. Amarom Biafra.
Re: The Igbos That Helped Buhari To The Presidency by doctokwus: 9:02pm On May 04, 2015
Etruth:
God bless you Sir for this brilliant piece, especially the bolded part. I always find your contributions on this forum thrilling each time I read them. Please keep it up. You are an inspiration.
Thank you.
Would also contribute as d spirit and my knowledge leads me.
Even when my view disappoints you,know I always post based on my own convictions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Amaechi, Lai Mohammed At The Ministerial Retreat (Photos) / High Court Confirms Edison As Authentic Speaker Of Rivers Assembly / Tinubu Appoints His Kinsmen To Occupy 22 Critical Positions, Sen Abaribe Laments

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.