Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,338 members, 7,780,889 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:55 AM

Prof Osinbajo Vs Pastor Tunde Bakare, Who Could Have Performed Better? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof Osinbajo Vs Pastor Tunde Bakare, Who Could Have Performed Better? (22286 Views)

"Wike Has Performed Better Than Federal Government In Just Two Years" - Akpabio / Osinbajo Vs Fashola In 2014 And I'm 2017 (Photos) / Fashola Performed Better Than I Did – Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prof Osinbajo Vs Pastor Tunde Bakare, Who Could Have Performed Better? by PastorOla1: 1:06pm On May 03, 2015
I WILL GO FOR OSINBAJO, PLS

1 Like

Re: Prof Osinbajo Vs Pastor Tunde Bakare, Who Could Have Performed Better? by boluyongp(m): 1:23pm On May 03, 2015
First of all, I think its unfair to compare these 2 strong personalities. Looks like a Mayweather-Pacquiao comparism to me.

Well, both have their strengths and weaknesses, I'll analyse them now.

1. Bakare is more of an instruction-giver, Osinbajo is more of an implementor.

2. Bakare cannot be submissive to any man, Osinbajo can choose to be deferrent.

3. Bakare is too rigid, Osinbajo is more flexible.

4. Bakare won't tolerate the workings of Nigerian politics e.g. Lobbying, Zoning etc but Osinbajo certainly does. For example, Bakare may not agree with Buhari to have Atiku lobby Jacob Zuma to make Adesina ADB President, Bakare is the kind of man that would insist on election on merit.

5. Bakare has little or no public experience. Osinbajo definitely has a good public track record.

6. Bakare is seen as too holy and more of a clergy than a politician, Osinbajo appeals to both politicians and technocrats and not seen as much as a clergy.

7. Bakare may be temperamental/emotional on some issues and may take drastic and possibly extreme measures, Osinbajo is calmer, less temperamental and calculated.

8. Bakare has a proud/demigod carriage and is conscious of his person which may make one power-drunk/dictatorial with time, Osinbajo appears to be more ordinary and people-friendly and seems less image-conscious.

9. Bakare is very ambitious, Osinbajo is less ambitious.

10. Buhari and Bakare are very tough personalities, there are likely to disagree and this may tear the APC apart and distract the entire Buhari government. Bakare will more likely create enemies for Buhari (especially politicians) and APC cos of his kind of person, Osinbajo is more a man that would watch his boss's back and try to appeal to grieving parties behind the scene and make them happy, he's more diplomatic. Bakare won't appeal to anyone, he can say the grieving parties can leave APC if they like that they are not gods.

11. Though both Bakare and Osinbajo are brilliant and intelligent sound men from the prestigious legal profession, Osinbajo is more academically qualified, giving him an edge over Bakare both in theory and in practice (when public experience is factored in).

SUMMARY: While Bakare remains a great personality, Osinbajo is a more preferrable option for the Nigerian politics of today.

2 Likes

Re: Prof Osinbajo Vs Pastor Tunde Bakare, Who Could Have Performed Better? by Charly68: 2:12pm On May 03, 2015
People like Bakare can not fit into beaurocratic setting ..but been a lecturer Osinbajo can cope..more so the post of VP demands for absolute loyalty not independent spirit.
Re: Prof Osinbajo Vs Pastor Tunde Bakare, Who Could Have Performed Better? by badesco(m): 3:16pm On May 03, 2015
Prof. Osinbaji would performed 100% better than Pst. Bakare.
Re: Prof Osinbajo Vs Pastor Tunde Bakare, Who Could Have Performed Better? by Sirniyeh(m): 3:36pm On May 03, 2015
boluyongp:
First of all, I think its unfair to compare these 2 strong personalities. Looks like a Mayweather-Pacquiao comparism to me.

Well, both have their strengths and weaknesses, I'll analyse them now.

1. Bakare is more of an instruction-giver, Osinbajo is more of an implementor.

2. Bakare cannot be submissive to any man, Osinbajo can choose to be deferrent.

3. Bakare is too rigid, Osinbajo is more flexible.

4. Bakare won't tolerate the workings of Nigerian politics e.g. Lobbying, Zoning etc but Osinbajo certainly does. For example, Bakare may not agree with Buhari to have Atiku lobby Jacob Zuma to make Adesina ADB President, Bakare is the kind of man that would insist on election on merit.

5. Bakare has little or no public experience. Osinbajo definitely has a good public track record.

6. Bakare is seen as too holy and more of a clergy than a politician, Osinbajo appeals to both politicians and technocrats and not seen as much as a clergy.

7. Bakare may be temperamental/emotional on some issues and may take drastic and possibly extreme measures, Osinbajo is calmer, less temperamental and calculated.

8. Bakare has a proud/demigod carriage and is conscious of his person which may make one power-drunk/dictatorial with time, Osinbajo appears to be more ordinary and people-friendly and seems less image-conscious.

9. Bakare is very ambitious, Osinbajo is less ambitious.

10. Buhari and Bakare are very tough personalities, there are likely to disagree and this may tear the APC apart and distract the entire Buhari government. Bakare will more likely create enemies for Buhari (especially politicians) and APC cos of his kind of person, Osinbajo is more a man that would watch his boss's back and try to appeal to grieving parties behind the scene and make them happy, he's more diplomatic. Bakare won't appeal to anyone, he can say the grieving parties can leave APC if they like that they are not gods.

11. Though both Bakare and Osinbajo are brilliant and intelligent sound men from the prestigious legal profession, Osinbajo is more academically qualified, giving him an edge over Bakare both in theory and in practice (when public experience is factored in).

SUMMARY: While Bakare remains a great personality, Osinbajo is a more preferrable option for the Nigerian politics of today.

This is the summary of the whole discussion. May your cup never runs dried...!
Re: Prof Osinbajo Vs Pastor Tunde Bakare, Who Could Have Performed Better? by boluyongp(m): 3:44pm On May 03, 2015
Sirniyeh:

This is the summary of the whole discussion. May your cup never run dry...!
Thank you sir, and yours too. I appreciate.
Re: Prof Osinbajo Vs Pastor Tunde Bakare, Who Could Have Performed Better? by Donishemmaoc(m): 4:58pm On May 03, 2015
For Neco runs...whatsapp. 08061119545

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bakare: Religious Leaders Visit Buhari Just To Take Photographs / Anambra Government Launches Operation Kpochapu 2 (Photos) / IPOB To Orji Kalu: If Nnamdi Kanu Is Harmed, You Will Be Held Responsible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.