Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,892 members, 7,798,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 01:25 PM

Plz Help With Calculation Of Material - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Plz Help With Calculation Of Material (669 Views)

Alternative Building Material (expanded Polystyrene) / The Implication Of Material Management On The Construction Site In Nigeria / Calculation Of Total Number Of Blocks For A Particular Building (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Plz Help With Calculation Of Material by Nobody: 8:21pm On May 02, 2015
Dear forumites,
I really need your help.
I need the quantity of materials; blocks, cement, rods sand and granite/stone that will fence ten plots of 60*100 farm.I intend to use 6inches block.

From what I read in some other thread, the distance of 6 blocks to one pillar was used, can this be increased to 7 or 8 ?
Any other tips to cut cost?
Re: Plz Help With Calculation Of Material by Nobody: 9:15pm On May 02, 2015
So far I've been able to come up with the calc below, BT I know it isn't complete as am having issues with calc for pillars etc.
8400 blocks
120bags of cement

For d pillars -200 pillars ( 7 block b4 a pillar against d standard 6)

100bags of cement
Add 350bags for floor binding
One 12mm rod for one pillar, so its 200 12mm rod
Two 16mm rod for the gate

Must soft wood be used? What other materials can be used to reduce the cost of the pillars? Is it advisable and cost effective to use marine boards?
Re: Plz Help With Calculation Of Material by adebaxton(m): 2:09pm On May 03, 2015
Factors that can save you cost on this projects are:
1.What's the soil condition and topography of the land.
2. Location.
3. Any long term plan that may lead to partial demolition of the fence in future.

Bldr. Ade

(1) (Reply)

6 Plots Of Land(within Gazette) In Oko-olomi, Via Golf Road Lakowe / Properties For Sale In Ibadan... / Property For Sale - Land With Two Bungalows Eleyele/Ooguneru Akatapa, Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.