Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,311 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:56 AM

Five Strange But Amazing Uses Of Apple - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Five Strange But Amazing Uses Of Apple (1752 Views)

Can You Eat This Strange Cassava? / 12 Amazing Uses For The Banana!!! / Would You Eat This Strange Looking Yam(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Strange But Amazing Uses Of Apple by rapmike(m): 12:08am On May 03, 2015
We know what apple is, we love apples. In fact, we love it so much that its the first thing we remember when we are looking for a word that starts with the letter A grin grin grin grin. However, there is more to apple than that yummy taste we all savor.

1) Keeps Cake Fresh – Store cakes with a half of an apple – it will keep the cake nice and moist. Simple.
2) Roasting The Perfect Chicken – Stuff a Whole Chicken with an apple to keep it moist while cooking ( discard apple afterwards) – this is one of Budget Savvy Diva’s cooking secrets.
3) Loosen Up That Brown Sugar – Simple place a apple wedge in a bag of hardened brown sugar and tightly seal the bag and wait a day or two and it will be soft again ( SCORE!)
4) Ripen Tomatoes – Place unripened tomatoes with a apple in a paper bag for a couple of days.
5) Too much salt? – If your soup or stew is too salty simply add some apple wedges for 10 minutes. The apple will soak up excess salt.

http://www.budgetsavvydiva.com/2012/04/5-strange-amazing-apples/

Quite simple huh? Though we don't use Brown sugar....lolz

1 Like

Re: Five Strange But Amazing Uses Of Apple by Xslaze3xd(m): 12:21am On May 03, 2015
Nice Info
Re: Five Strange But Amazing Uses Of Apple by opeaceo: 12:24am On May 03, 2015
Nice, most especially number 5, hope it works.
Re: Five Strange But Amazing Uses Of Apple by Maryclaire1(f): 10:47am On May 03, 2015
really amazing....
Re: Five Strange But Amazing Uses Of Apple by Olayinka777(m): 12:13pm On Oct 16, 2015
Hmmmm...
Re: Five Strange But Amazing Uses Of Apple by gog4life(m): 6:05pm On Oct 16, 2015
.....people who cook bad food, full of salt will like number 5

1 Like

Re: Five Strange But Amazing Uses Of Apple by cynhamscakes(f): 10:27pm On Oct 16, 2015
Thanks for sharing. That number 5.........good to know.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

5 Healthy Late Night Snacks / I Chopped My Finger, Thereafter I Made My Kitchen Automated With These / White Rice And Stew Recipe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.