Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:21 AM

Love Thy “gay” Neighbor - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Love Thy “gay” Neighbor (4029 Views)

This Female Nigerian Anglican Priest Will Officiate Wedding Of Gay Bisi Alimi / Love Thy Neighbour / Pastor Lesego Daniel Commands Gay Spirit To Enter Member (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by malvisguy212: 5:36am On May 03, 2015
Luke 10:29-37 (emphasis added by
me)

…so he asked Jesus, “And who is my
neighbor?” 30 In reply Jesus said: “A GAY man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away,
leaving him half dead. 31 A CHRISTIAN priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32 So too, a (BORN AGAIN BELIEVER) Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But an ATHEIST, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the GAY man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 The next day he took out two denarii and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after
him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’ 36 “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”
37 The expert in the law replied, “The
one who had mercy on him.” Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”

I think we have missed our opportunity
to love our neighbors. And I believe that
atheists namely have taken the place
where Christians should have been in
the first place.
May be some of us doesent hate gay.Sure. But do you love them as much as you love yourself? You say I do not hate them but you do not help them either. The same way you may help a fellow in your church who has a habit of lying.

Being Gay is sinful,YES.Well, newsflash! so is lying, cheating, cursing, arrogance, drinking, wrathful, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness, envy, murder, deceit,
malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things,
disobedient to parents, being without natural affection,implacable, unmerciful.

I think some Christians have become too much holy to realize their error. When the gay community was bashed or persecuted they stood on the side rails and watched in silence. They could have helped but they didn’t because being Gay was unacceptable to them. They fulfill the part of the priest in the above parable.

And some of the Christians who really
felt like they should have helped but
didn’t are equally wrong because they
mistook grace as legalism in the dogmatic form. They are the Levis’ – the chosen people of God, the born again believers, who looked on the poor gay but then turned their heads and walked on.

And finally the atheist stood up and got
the gay person some help. Well, I
certainly applaud them on this.

Bottom line. Gays are there, if we do not help them, someone will but we would be directly opposing the spirit of love and grace if we didn’t. Regardless of whether you believe homosexuality is a sin or not, remember this, if it is a sin, it is no greater than any other sin, it is certainly not the UNPARDONABLE sin.

Matthew 26:36-40
36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment…?” 37 Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your (GAY) neighbor as yourself.’
40 On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets.”
Happy Sunday.

5 Likes

Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by Anomnity: 6:13am On May 03, 2015
Good but incomplete message.
º
Love your gay neighbour but hate the gay sin. It is very wrong to love your gay neighbour in a way that makes him feel comfortable in the gay sin. In a way that makes the gay sin pure and sinless. This is where America and the west is getting it wrong.There's a very thin line & thats why this mistake.
¬
The proper way is to love your gay neighbour but politely condemn the gay sin. Point the gays to repentance.Make them understand that by that sin as like in every other sin they are stabbing and hurting the Lord that died for them
Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by malvisguy212: 6:23am On May 03, 2015
Anomnity:
º
Love your gay neighbour but hate the gay sin.It is very wrong to love your gay neighbour in a way that makes him feel comfortable in the gay sin.In a way that makes the gay sin pure and sinless.This is where America and the west is getting it wrong.There's a very thin line & thats why this mistake.
¬
The proper way is to love your gay neighbour but politely condemn the gay sin.Point the gays to repentance.Make them understand that by that sin as like in every other sin they are stabbing and hurting the Lord that died for them

the point is to love the IDENTITY and hate the CHARACTER.thank you for your contribution.

Cc.lalasticala
Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by MrPristine: 10:35am On May 03, 2015
malvisguy212:
me)

neighbor?” 30 In reply Jesus said: “A GAY man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he was attacked by robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away,
leaving him half dead. 31 A CHRISTIAN priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side. 32 So too, a (BORN AGAIN BELIEVER) Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side. 33 But an ATHEIST, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. 34 He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the GAY man on his own donkey, brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 The next day he took out two denarii and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Look after
him,’ he said, ‘and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.’ 36 “Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?”

the first place.
May be some of us doesent hate gay.Sure. But do you love them as much as you love yourself? You say I do not hate them but you do not help them either. The same way you may help a fellow in your church who has a habit of lying.

Being Gay is sinful,YES.Well, newsflash! so is lying, cheating, cursing, arrogance, drinking, wrathful, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness, envy, murder, deceit,

I think some Christians have become too much holy to realize their error. When the gay community was bashed or persecuted they stood on the side rails and watched in silence. They could have helped but they didn’t because being Gay was unacceptable to them. They fulfill the part of the priest in the above parable.

mistook grace as legalism in the dogmatic form. They are the Levis’ – the chosen people of God, the born again believers, who looked on the poor gay but then turned their heads and walked on.

Bottom line. Gays are there, if we do not help them, someone will but we would be directly opposing the spirit of love and grace if we didn’t. Regardless of whether you believe homosexuality is a sin or not, remember this, if it is a sin, it is no greater than any other sin, it is certainly not the UNPARDONABLE sin.

36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment…?” 37 Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your (GAY) neighbor as yourself.’
Happy Sunday.

Nice write up, I agree with you except for your claim that drinking is a sin. There is absolutely nothing in scripture that suggests so, it's just a man made doctrine that has gained popularity in some churches. Even Jesus Christ used to drink alcoholic wine. Luke 7:32-33
Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by plaetton: 1:53pm On May 03, 2015
Anomnity:
º
Love your gay neighbour but hate the gay sin. It is very wrong to love your gay neighbour in a way that makes him feel comfortable in the gay sin. In a way that makes the gay sin pure and sinless. This is where America and the west is getting it wrong.There's a very thin line & thats why this mistake.
¬
The proper way is to love your gay neighbour but politely condemn the gay sin. Point the gays to repentance.Make them understand that by that sin as like in every other sin they are stabbing and hurting the Lord that died for them

But who made you a judge over the pupported sins of others?
What about the lies you tell, the envy, the lusts deep inside your mind, the greed, selfishness, etc etc , sins that are also part of your daily life? Who judges you?

What makes you competent to judge another?
Have you completely and forever removed the log in thine own eyes before noticing and pointing at the spec in another's eye?

Christians seem to miss the great import of this message of Jesus.
The message is this.
Self redemption and self purification are very long, difficult and lonely journeys. The individual, the Christian who walks this path should have no time whatsoever to look over his or her should to notice the sins of another.
Simple.

Calling another a sinner is nothing but hypocrisy of the highest.
No living human being is competent to judge another before god.

God should be the only and ultimate judge of human character, traits and sins.

6 Likes

Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by plaetton: 1:54pm On May 03, 2015
malvisguy212:
me)

the first place.

Happy Sunday.

Probably the first time I am saying bravo for work well done.

3 Likes

Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by plaetton: 1:57pm On May 03, 2015
malvisguy212:
the point is to love the IDENTITY and hate the CHARACTER.thank you for your contribution.

Cc.lalasticala

What makes you competent to judge, let alone hate any character ?

1 Like

Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by Nobody: 1:59pm On May 03, 2015
NICE NICE

cool cool cool

But then, my sexual activities with a consenting adult isn't anyone's business.

Furthermore, I've come to realise that even when you're gay, but successful in what you do, either career or academics or whatever else, people tend to naturally forget the fact that you're gay and rather see you for the person you really are, sexuality aside. This, is what I feel every young gay male/female should aspire to.

Ain't got time to beg anyone to like me... Lawd knows I have enough people I'd like to be out of my life sef.

cool cool cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by malvisguy212: 2:30pm On May 03, 2015
plaetton:

Probably the first time I am saying bravo for work well done.
love thy neighbour as your self, even atheists can be my neighbour, the message I am trying to pass is love.
Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by malvisguy212: 2:31pm On May 03, 2015
plaetton:

What makes you competent to judge, let alone hate any character ?
God love sinners but hate sin.
Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by LewsTherin: 2:54pm On May 03, 2015
plaetton:

What about the lies you tell, the envy, the lusts deep inside your mind, the greed, selfishness, etc etc , sins that are also part of your daily life? Who judges you?

Have you completely and forever removed the log in thine own eyes before noticing and pointing at the spec in another's eye?

The message is this.
Self redemption and self purification are very long, difficult and lonely journeys. The individual, the Christian who walks this path should have no time whatsoever to look over his or her should to notice the sins of another.
Simple.

This is one argument the world uses to get Christians to shut up, to make Christians ashamed of standing for what is right. "Judge not!" they all shout, forgetting that God calls us to try (judge) all spirits.

“If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother." Matt 18:15

It is actually reported that there is immorality among you, and of a kind that is not found even among pagans; for a man is living with his father’s wife. And you are arrogant! Ought you not rather to mourn? Let him who has done this be removed from among you. For though absent in body I am present in spirit, and as if present, I have already pronounced judgment in the name of the Lord Jesus on the man who has done such a thing. Cor 5:1

Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any sin, you who are spiritual should recall him in a spirit of gentleness. Look to yourself, lest you too be tempted. Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. (Gal 6:1-2)

And for those who want to accuse Paul,

My brethren, if any one among you wanders from the truth and some one brings him back, let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from the error of his way will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins (James 5:19)

God is a God of mercy. But don't forget He is also a God of judgement, a God of absolutes, who doesn't accept political correctness as an excuse. Love the sinner, but point out and condemn the sin and lead the sinner to repentance and forgiveness.

Judge in the same measure you sould be judged. Judge in righteousness

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by plaetton: 2:59pm On May 03, 2015
malvisguy212:
God love sinners but hate sin.
So when did you become god?

1 Like

Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by plaetton: 3:30pm On May 03, 2015
LewsTherin:

This is one argument the world uses to get Christians to shut up, to make Christians ashamed of standing for what is right. "Judge not!" they all shout, forgetting that God calls us to try (judge) all spirits.

“If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother." Matt 18:15

It is actually reported that there is immorality among you, and of a kind that is not found even among pagans; for a man is living with his father’s wife. And you are arrogant! Ought you not rather to mourn? Let him who has done this be removed from among you. For though absent in body I am present in spirit, and as if present, I have already pronounced judgment in the name of the Lord Jesus on the man who has done such a thing. Cor 5:1

Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any sin, you who are spiritual should recall him in a spirit of gentleness. Look to yourself, lest you too be tempted. Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. (Gal 6:1-2)

My brethren, if any one among you wanders from the truth and some one brings him back, let him know that whoever brings back a sinner from the error of his way will save his soul from death and will cover a multitude of sins (James 5:19)

God is a God of mercy. But don't forget He is also a God of judgement, a God of absolutes, who doesn't accept political correctness as an excuse. Love the sinner, but point out and condemn the sin and lead the sinner to repentance and forgiveness.

This makes me wonder how the average Christian mind works.

The issue is very simple and does not need to be convoluted by meaningless Bible passages.
Unless I am wrong, Jesus and his teachings are the bedrocks of the Christian faith.
Therefore, any passage, any eaching that contradicts the simple teachings of JesusJesus should stand null and void.

Jesus supposedly came to show mankind the simple, but sometimes lonely and long winding road to self-purification and spiritual redemption.
This should be the only task in life for one who follows Jesus.
Every other addition, as adjucts or supplements, only serve to to distract and railroad this spiritual quest into the garbage that it is today.

Again, let me repeat.
If you take time to know yourself, guard yourself, audit your thoughts, speech and character, you would spend all your waking time trying to perfect and redeem yourself of your own sins, such that you would have no time to notice the tiny spec in the eyes of another compared to the logs of sin that overshadow your own inner self.

Going out to judge others , on the basis of faitj and religion, is hypocrisy and cowardice , usually for people who are afraid to confront their shortcomings.

However, in society, we have norms and laws by which everyone is subject to.
So , we can judge someone on the basis of law, and then let the society deal with them, again, on the basis of law.

2 Likes

Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by malvisguy212: 4:09pm On May 03, 2015
plaetton:

So when did you become god?
I just gave you an example of how we should acts as a christians not to disregard sinner.
Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by Ifeann(f): 4:13pm On May 03, 2015
malvisguy212:
me)

the first place.

Happy Sunday.

This is front page material mods, emusmith .

Nice write up. I disagree with the gay life style but I don't hate gays.

Its disturbing to me but so is fornication, adultery, bribery. Some christians have such an irrational hate for gays to a point their isn't much difference between them and muslims who kill gays.

Anyway gud write up, christians should welcome gays with love(stand against gay marriage at the same) and hope they pick the gospel message and renounce "gayism", and fight it, same for people who practise sexual immoralities like paedophilia, adultery, beastality etc .

By the way, drinking isn't a sin, excess drinking is.

1 Like

Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by cyril83(m): 4:15pm On May 03, 2015
Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by malvisguy212: 4:18pm On May 03, 2015
plaetton:

The message is this.
Simple.

A true christian don't judge other people, calling another person sinner while you are the worst is hypocrisy.
Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by plaetton: 4:18pm On May 03, 2015
malvisguy212:
I just gave you an example of how we should acts as a christians not to disregard sinner.

Bullshyt.
My first question , which you and the other guy ignored, is, what makes you competent to see and judge who is a sinner, considering the staggering amounts of personal sins that YOU have to deal with and purge YOURSELF from?

If god hates sin, then god is fully qualified and competent to probe deep inside everyone's soul to adjudge wisely and judiciously.
Don't you think so?

1 Like

Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by malvisguy212: 4:20pm On May 03, 2015
Ifeann:

Nice write up. I disagree with the gay life style but I don't hate gays.

Its disturbing to me but so is fornication, adultery, bribery. Some christians have such an irrational hate for gays to a point their isn't much difference between them and muslims who kill gays.

Anyway gud write up, christians should welcome gays with love(stand against gay marriage at the same) and hope they pick the gospel message and renounce "gayism", and fight it, same for people who practise sexual immoralities like paedophilia, adultery, beastality etc .

By the way, drinking isn't a sin, excess drinking is.
God bless you my sister. I pray they experience the power of God and be set free.
Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by malvisguy212: 4:27pm On May 03, 2015
plaetton:

Bullshyt.
My first question , which you and the other guy ignored, is, what makes you competent to see and judge who is a sinner, considering the staggering amounts of personal sins that YOU have to deal with and purge YOURSELF from?

If god hates sin, then god is fully qualified and competent to probe deep inside everyone's soul to adjudge wisely and judiciously.
Don't you think so?
be sincere to your self, when you see a wise man, you know him by his fruit and when you see a mad man you know him by his behaviour, bible say by THEIR fruit you shall no THEM, the word "them" including sinner and righteous. The bible explained this, God condemned sin and the will of God is for ALL sinner to come to repentance.
Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by plaetton: 4:54pm On May 03, 2015
malvisguy212:
be sincere to your self, when you see a wise man, you know him by his fruit and when you see a mad man you know him by his behaviour, bible say by THEIR fruit you shall no THEM, the word "them" including sinner and righteous. The bible explained this, God condemned sin and the will of God is for ALL sinner to come to repentance.

My point is still ( and pls pay attention), who's job is it to usurp god's prerogative of judgement?

I am not questioning gods judgement, I am questioning yours, who is busy highlighting the sins of others rather than your own.

Are you so free from sin that you are now competent to judge and cleanse others of their sins?
This is the simple question I am asking here.

1 Like

Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by malvisguy212: 5:12pm On May 03, 2015
plaetton:

My point is still ( and pls pay attention), who's job is it to usurp god's prerogative of judgement?

I am not questioning gods judgement, I am questioning yours, who is busy highlighting the sins of others rather than your own.

Are you so free from sin that you are now competent to judge and cleanse others of their sins?
This is the simple question I am asking here.
I am not judging here, I highlight your sin doesn't mean I am judging you, if you do Not know your enemy how will you overcome it? Among the work of the holy spirit is to convict the world of sin.

Because I am free from sin does not give me the right to judge other sins, that is why apostle Paul say salvation is not by your own doing less any man should BOAST.it is by his grace I am saved.

Does this question related to your decision to be an atheists? I sense anger and dissapointed in your post concerning christians who claimed to be holy while they are not.
Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by plaetton: 5:33pm On May 03, 2015
malvisguy212:
I am not judging here, I highlight your sin doesn't mean I am judging you, if you do Not know your enemy how will you overcome it? Among the work of the holy spirit is to convict the world of sin.

Because I am free from sin does not give me the right to judge other sins, that is why apostle Paul say salvation is not by your own doing less any man should BOAST.it is by his grace I am saved.

Does this question related to your decision to be an atheists? I sense anger and dissapointed in your post concerning christians who claimed to be holy while they are not.

Lol.
Again, let me ask, does working on yourself and perfecting yourself make you a good and better Christian, or does going out with a lamp to seek out sinners make you a bona fide Christian?

I am atheist because there exists no iota of evidence to sustain a belief in the existence of god.
Scientistific knowledge, so far, shows me that the universe neither needed nor ever needs a god.
As for anger and frustration.
Yes, I am indeed angry that despite 200yrs of Christianity in Nigeria, every aspect, all of the positive aspects of African identity has been eroded by this toxic cancer of the brain called Christianity.
I am angry and frustrated that despite our very low contribution to scientific and material progress, I am still on NL arguing with educated supposedly educated Nigerians that ,
1. Human life started and evolved from Africa.
2. No black African can be a child of Abraham.
3, The earth is 4.7 billion years old, not 6,000 yrs old.
4. Man is the master of his destiny, and as such, does not need to rely on the imagined machinations of any god in the sky or in the earth.
5. If you want to go to the heavens, get off your praying butt and build yourself a spaceship.

6 .Scientific persuits and knowledge is our most reliable arbiter of our reality.

4 Likes

Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by channelz: 6:16pm On May 03, 2015
plaetton:

Again, let me ask, does working on yourself and perfecting yourself make you a good and better Christian
This is actually the pure Teachings of Jesus, it's amazing what religion has turned it into.
Of course the earth cannot be 6000 earth- years old, it's the fault of religious dogma again.
Evolution is a truism but there's more to man than the "animal-body" and that's where religion or better yet spirituality comes in.

plaetton post=33381606:
I am atheist because there exists no iota of evidence to sustain a belief in the existence of god.
Scientistific knowledge, so far, shows me that the universe neither needed nor ever needs a god.
This is what I'd like to address in a nutshell:

I believe in everything until it's disproved.
God and religion are not one and the same thing.
God had no need for an intermediary- 'religion', when He made Man, why would He need one now?
[img]http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoFIoS_NdHLofwd4FuzO0WJVfUFe0pnqKPHLHBgoRmnTIz6TC0cr1X2smy1w[/img]
Everyday people are straying away from 'religion' and going back to God.
Religion though, like Science (with all its limitations) is meant to aid mankind, but it should be seen as a means to an end not an end in itself.
If you advance to that level in life where you can oppose religious dogma and doctrines then that's progress if done in the right direction but should you go to the extent of denying the existence of God then limitation has set in- you become a mere materialist.

Though I understand that the cause may well lie in the caricatures of the great Godhead held up to mankind from so many religions, which on serious investigation one could not accept.

Any attempt to press the all-embracing and all-pervading Power of the Godhead into a picture must certainly debase and dishonor It!
On serious reflection no picture can be brought into harmony with It! Just because every man bears within him the awareness of God, he rejects with misgiving the narrowing down of the great inconceivable Power that created and guides him.

It is dogma that is to blame for a great number of those who, in their antagonism, seek to overstep the mark altogether, very often against the certainty living within them.

If today many opponents of religion reject the existence of a Godhead, this cannot in any way alter the facts-
People need only omit the word "God", and engross themselves deeply in science, and they will find exactly the same, only expressed in different words. Is it not absurd, therefore, still to argue about it?
There is no getting round the Laws of Nature, no man can defy them. God is the Power that activates the Natural Laws; the Power that nobody has yet grasped or seen, but whose effects every one, daily, hourly, indeed in every fraction of a second, must see, intuitively sense and observe, if only he wants to do so – in himself, in every animal, every tree, every flower, in every fiber of a leaf swelling and bursting its sheath to come to the light.
Is it not blindness to oppose this so obstinately while everyone, including these repudiators themselves, confirms and acknowledges the existence of this Power? What is it that prevents them from calling this acknowledged Power God?

The 'Fall' of Man lies in his inability over time to recognise his God; consequently, Man naturally fell further and further away from God.

The cleavage occurred when humanity gave preference to worldly matters, which are unconditionally bound to space and time. This is alien to the nature of God, and therefore makes it impossible to comprehend Him.

The gulf became wider with each generation, and men chained themselves more and more exclusively to the earth. They became the earthbound intellectuals who call themselves materialists. They even do so with pride because they have not the faintest idea of how they are chained. Through being firmly bound to space and time it was natural that their horizon simultaneously became narrowed.

How could the way to God be found in such conditions?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by LewsTherin: 6:28pm On May 03, 2015
I don't have the right to CONDEMN. I didn't say judge. I said condemn. But as a Christian, I have an OBLIGATION to point out the very things Jesus condemned. This does not remove nor change the fact that I love all men any more than it did for Jesus. Telling a Christian not to "judge" is telling a Christian to abdicate his responsibility to be a light in a world of o so great darkness.

Saying we are to only display love is telling us to point out the failings of those we love. Anything else is asking a Christian to be hypocritical.
Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by paxonel(m): 6:33pm On May 03, 2015
one love, one respect for people's right and opinion and one life for all. whether your orientation is gay or not

1 Like

Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by malvisguy212: 6:51pm On May 03, 2015
plaetton:

Lol.
Again, let me ask, does working on yourself and perfecting yourself make you a good and better Christian, or does going out with a lamp to seek out sinners make you a bona fide Christian?

Yes, I am indeed angry that despite 200yrs of Christianity in Nigeria, every aspect, all of the positive aspects of African identity has been eroded by this toxic cancer of the brain called Christianity.
I am angry and frustrated that despite our very low contribution to scientific and material progress, I am still on NL arguing with educated supposedly educated Nigerians that ,
4. Man is the master of his destiny, and as such, does not need to rely on the imagined machinations of any god in the sky or in the earth.
5. If you want to go to the heavens, get off your praying butt and build yourself a spaceship.

6 .Scientific persuits and knowledge is our most reliable arbiter of our reality.
Luke 18:9-14
The Parable of the Pharisee and the
Tax Collector;

9 To some who were confident of their
own righteousness and looked down on
everyone else, Jesus told this parable: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax
collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by
himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you
that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’
13 “But the tax collector stood at a
distance. He would not even look up to
heaven, but beat his breast and said,
‘God, HAVE MERCY ON ME A SINNER.’
14 “I tell you that this man, rather than
the other, went home justified before
God. For all those who EXALT THEMSELVES WILL BE HUMBLE , AND THOES WHO HUMBLE THEMSELVES WILL BE EXALTED.”

I believe this parable answer your question,God search the heart but men search outwardly.

I have nothing to say concerning the rest of your post, but this;

" 3, The earth is 4.7 billion years old, not
6,000 yrs old."

This is wrong,nairaland started 2005 if I am not mistaken but you (pleatton) joined 2011, did you understand my points? The universe is 4.7billion years old but man began to exist 6000 years ago.
Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by Ifeann(f): 7:06pm On May 03, 2015
plaetton:

Lol.

What's the issue. Do Christians claim the garden of Eden located in the middle east. ?? Or America.?

several Black Ethiopians tribes are considered Jews. These black ethiopians are welcomed into Israel
And given citizenship should they get verified.

Who says the earth is 6000years. Bible records are written in a span of 6000years doesn't mean it contains all of human history.

God gave us freewill. You have every right to think what u want about reality.

I think you meant to say "if want to go to space build urself a spaceship". That's why its called a spaceship.

Science is reliable my friend but don't forget not too long ago, scientists said their is no relationship between animal fat and high cholesterol levels, or that glysophate is safe or that cigarettes do not cause any harm or that GMO are safe substantially equivalent foods to organic foods etc. In the near future we will discover vaccines considered safe caused autism and genetic abnormalities in human babies, GMO alter DNA and hence unsafe, that natural foods/diet/herbs, God's gift to humanity is the best medicine as written in the bible etc

Besides science has been able to prove several bible claims. Religion and science need not be mutually exclusive.
Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by paxonel(m): 7:29pm On May 03, 2015
malvisguy212:
me)

the first place.

Happy Sunday.
op you are good,
i wish we christians should understand Jesus
Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by plaetton: 7:35pm On May 03, 2015
malvisguy212:
Luke 18:9-14
The Parable of the Pharisee and the
Tax Collector;

9 To some who were confident of their
own righteousness and looked down on
everyone else, Jesus told this parable: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax
collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by
himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you
that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’
13 “But the tax collector stood at a
distance. He would not even look up to
heaven, but beat his breast and said,
‘God, HAVE MERCY ON ME A SINNER.’
14 “I tell you that this man, rather than
the other, went home justified before
God. For all those who EXALT THEMSELVES WILL BE HUMBLE , AND THOES WHO HUMBLE THEMSELVES WILL BE EXALTED.”

I believe this parable answer your question,God search the heart but men search outwardly.

I have nothing to say concerning the rest of your post, but this;

" 3, The earth is 4.7 billion years old, not
6,000 yrs old."

This is wrong,nairaland started 2005 if I am not mistaken but you (pleatton) joined 2011, did you understand my points? The universe is 4.7billion years old but man began to exist 6000 years ago.
Lol.
Fa fa fa foul.
grin
You are flat wrong sir.
Homo sapiens have walked the earth for at least 250,000 years.

What you meant to say is that we don't know much of uur history beyond the last 6,000 yrs.

3 Likes

Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by paxonel(m): 7:37pm On May 03, 2015
LewsTherin:

you are good
Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by Anomnity: 7:47pm On May 03, 2015
plaetton:

The message is this.
Simple.

I call someone a sinner where God calls him one according to His word. And I'm not exempted if I commit sin and neither are you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Blood*john Kumiyi* They Say It Thicker Than WATER*DLCM ELDERS* John's Suspension / Where Does Your Tithe Go To / What Do You Love About Sunday?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.