Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,641 members, 7,801,867 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:47 AM

Love Thy “gay” Neighbor - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Love Thy “gay” Neighbor (4027 Views)

This Female Nigerian Anglican Priest Will Officiate Wedding Of Gay Bisi Alimi / Love Thy Neighbour / Pastor Lesego Daniel Commands Gay Spirit To Enter Member (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by malvisguy212: 7:50pm On May 03, 2015
plaetton:

Lol.
Fa fa fa foul.
grin
You are flat wrong sir.
Homo sapiens have walked the earth for at least 250,000 years.

What you meant to say is that we don't know much of uur history beyond the last 6,000 yrs.
this is where the argument began, are homo sapiens humans? If you believe in evolution, it dosent mean everyone hold the same believe with you.
Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by johnydon22(m): 7:58pm On May 03, 2015
malvisguy212:

I have nothing to say concerning the rest of your post, but this;

" 3, The earth is 4.7 billion years old, not
6,000 yrs old."

This is wrong,nairaland started 2005 if I am not mistaken but you (pleatton) joined 2011, did you understand my points? The universe is 4.7billion years old but man began to exist 6000 years ago.

I think you need to correct that scientific blunder bro. . . dating with scientific refrence, the universe is stipulated to have begun 13.8billion years ago...

Anatomically modern
humans evolved from archaic Homo sapiens in the Middle Paleolithic ,
about 200,000 years ago... earliest hominids are dated to have been around like 5million years ago...

Invention of writing started 6,000years ago by sumerian.. (cuneiform) and that was when record keeping started. . cave paintings have been found to date back 35-50 thousand years ago...

anyway carry on with your thread...

i.e : Its just scientific corrections not johnydon's assertions.
Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by johnydon22(m): 8:01pm On May 03, 2015
malvisguy212:
this is where the argument began, are homo sapiens humans? If you believe in evolution, it dosent mean everyone hold the same believe with you.

actually you went against the biblical belief when you asserted the earth was 4.7billion years old as science stipulated... Nobody believes evolution, its just a scientific study and is still on going. . You don't believe studies, you learn them and study the datas provided..
Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by malvisguy212: 8:17pm On May 03, 2015
johnydon22:

actually you went against the biblical belief when you asserted the earth was 4.7billion years old as science stipulated... Nobody believes evolution, its just a scientific study and is still on going. . You don't believe studies, you learn them and study the datas provided..
the bible was not written for scientific purpose,it was written for human on how to have a personal relationship with there creator, there is no where in the bible it talk about the AGE of the earth.bible only single out when human began to live on earth. Yes, I believe the earth is even more than 4.7 billion years old.
Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by plaetton: 8:18pm On May 03, 2015
Anomnity:

I call someone a sinner where God calls him one according to His word. And I'm not exempted if I commit sin and neither are you.

Again, the point that you all magically seem to sidestep is this, if you are recognizing, dealing with and subduing your own sins, perhaps mountains of sins, then aren't you a hypocrite for finding time to point at the sins of others?

Isn't this this essence of Jesus teachings about removing the log first from thine own eyes?

1 Like

Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by malvisguy212: 8:19pm On May 03, 2015
johnydon22:

I think you need to correct that scientific blunder bro. . . dating with scientific refrence, the universe is stipulated to have begun 13.8billion years ago...

Anatomically modern
humans evolved from archaic Homo sapiens in the Middle Paleolithic ,
about 200,000 years ago... earliest hominids are dated to have been around like 5million years ago...

Invention of writing started 6,000years ago by sumerian.. (cuneiform) and that was when record keeping started. . cave paintings have been found to date back 35-50 thousand years ago...

anyway carry on with your thread...

i.e : Its just scientific corrections not johnydon's assertions.
read through the thread bro, you are not sincere here, it was pleatton who first make this claimed and I dance to his tone just for argument sake.
Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by johnydon22(m): 8:34pm On May 03, 2015
malvisguy212:
read through the thread bro, you are not sincere here, it was pleatton who first make this claimed and I dance to his tone just for argument sake.

No boss, actually it was just a correction... as you can see i bolded the part you said the universe was 4.7billion years
Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by malvisguy212: 8:36pm On May 03, 2015
My point is, we have taken such a stand
against homosexuality that I think its
beyond repair. We have singled this sin
out almost as an exception and a whole
Of Gay community practically hates us.

As a christian do you think Gay love you?Do most people realize how seriously our attitude hurts the message of the gospel? Loving Gay doesent mean you are Gay, But more so, are there exceptions to what Christ said? Love your neighbour as yourself. If we are to love them, does it mean we need to see what kind of sins they do first? Can Christ save a liar but not a homosexual?

I am not disrespecting anyone's views or
efforts, I am not even trying to blame all
Christians, just saying we as Christians
may need to tone it down a little bit. We
have gained nothing.
I guess bottom line is, whatever you hold to, at least show love, respect and
understanding, not pointed fingers.
Eyes are of no use when the mind is
blind.
"The road to hell is paved with good intentions.” He thought for a moment, then added: “ I think am done here , I am very disappointed at the moderators in this section, I was hoping this message reach the home page so that christians all over the world will learn. Anyway, God know better.
Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by malvisguy212: 8:37pm On May 03, 2015
johnydon22:

No boss, actually it was just a correction... as you can see i bolded the part you said the universe was 4.7billion years
ok. For argument sake.
Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by malvisguy212: 7:07am On May 04, 2015
malvisguy212:
My point is, we have taken such a stand
against homosexuality that I think its
beyond repair. We have singled this sin
out almost as an exception and a whole
Of Gay community practically hates us.

As a christian do you think Gay love you?Do most people realize how seriously our attitude hurts the message of the gospel? Loving Gay doesent mean you are Gay, But more so, are there exceptions to what Christ said? Love your neighbour as yourself. If we are to love them, does it mean we need to see what kind of sins they do first? Can Christ save a liar but not a homosexual?

I am not disrespecting anyone's views or
efforts, I am not even trying to blame all
Christians, just saying we as Christians
may need to tone it down a little bit. We
have gained nothing.
I guess bottom line is, whatever you hold to, at least show love, respect and
understanding, not pointed fingers.
Eyes are of no use when the mind is
blind.
"The road to hell is paved with good intentions.” He thought for a moment, then added: “ I think am done here , I am very disappointed at the moderators in this section, I was hoping this message reach the home page so that christians all over the world will learn. Anyway, God know better.
Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by stockmetrics: 8:10am On May 04, 2015
malvisguy212:
A true christian don't judge other people, calling another person sinner while you are the worst is hypocrisy.

Calling another sinner while admitting one's flaws doesn't make one a hypocrite.
Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by malvisguy212: 8:42am On May 04, 2015
stockmetrics:

Calling another sinner while admitting one's flaws doesn't make one a hypocrite.
are you a christian?is there anything wrong with my post you qoute?
Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by stockmetrics: 10:27am On May 04, 2015
malvisguy212:
are you a christian?is there anything wrong with my post you qoute?

Well, I do not think my statement has a link to any religion. It just stands to reason as said.

The only issue I have with your statement (which I quoted) is that it seems to spare no time to detect the hypocrite and I tried to give a caveat to it.

Cheers.
Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by malvisguy212: 11:05am On May 04, 2015
stockmetrics:

Well, I do not think my statement has a link to any religion. It just stands to reason as said.

The only issue I have with your statement (which I quoted) is that it seems to spare no time to detect the hypocrite and I tried to give a caveat to it.

Cheers.
ok, yes, I understand you very much, I must confessed, my statement is some how wrong,thank you for the correction.
Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by Anas09: 9:34pm On May 04, 2015
Mr plaetton, wats ur grudge wif what Malvis wrote up there? R u guy? If u don't want to be judged then repent. As much as I won't support judgement, shdnt u be told wants wrong while u can still make amends. And this guy didn't say anyfin wrong, if anyfin, he blamed the christians, but you go on and on? REPENT and start the walk before it gets too late, worrizit sef.
Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by plaetton: 10:00pm On May 04, 2015
Anas09:
Mr plaetton, wats ur grudge wif what Malvis wrote up there? R u guy? If u don't want to be judged then repent. As much as I won't support judgement, shdnt u be told wants wrong while u can still make amends. And this guy didn't say anyfin wrong, if anyfin, he blamed the christians, but you go on and on? REPENT and start the walk before it gets too late, worrizit sef.

You are very st.uuuu.pid, so stuuuuupid, that you cannot go beyond your petty prejudice to go through the posts to comprehend the issues being discussed.

In your manifest imbecility, you could not even understand that Malvisguy was using Christian irrational bigotry against gay people to highlight hypocrisy in general.

In all my responses to him and others, the issue remained hypocrisy. The op was not about gays, but about general hypocrisy.
Just ask Malvisguy himself.

At times like this, I feel really sad to find myself in dialogue with starkly stuuuupid m.or.ons.

1 Like

Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 07, 2015
You cant love the sinner and hate the sin or character, the two are not mutually exclusive. The Christian view and response to homosexuality is both one of fear and concern, lest the sins of there neighbor rubs off on them. Have yhu forgotten what happened when the children of Israel blend or move about with foreigners and there false worship, after awhile the children of became copy cat, joining there neighbors in there sin.

Leviticus 15:31

“You must
keep the Israelites separate from things
that make them unclean, so they will not
die in their uncleanness for defiling my
dwelling place, which is among
them ”

2 Corinthians 6:14-18

Do not be yoked together with
unbelievers. For what do
righteousness and wickedness
have in common? Or what
fellowship can light have with
darkness? What harmony is there
between Christ and Belial? What
does a believer have in common
with an unbeliever? What
agreement is there between the
temple of God and idols? For we
are the temple of the living God.
As God has said: "I will live with
them and walk among them, and I
will be their God, and they will be
my people." "Therefore come out
from them and be separate, says
the Lord. Touch no unclean thing,
and I will receive you ." "I will be
a Father to you, and you will be
my sons and daughters, says the
Lord Almighty"

The trick to the question of homosexuality and Christianity, is one of indifference not sympathy , or been affiliate, its not a question of tolerating , supporting or tolerance, it a question of been indifferent to the sin of homosexuality.
Every gay knows that the moment an individual is afflicted with the homosexual theme, a part of that individual can relate to that sin of homosexuality, that's why Christians are hostile towards the sin of homosexuality, its more a less a defence or preservative mechanism to show that NO PART IF THEM IS AFFILIATED OR CAN RELATE THE SIN OF HOMOSEXUALITY "of cause thats a wrong approach"

Study the reaction and response of Christ to the adulterous woman

John 8:10-11
Then Jesus stood up again and said
to the woman, “Where are your accusers?
Didn’t even one of them condemn you?”
“No, Lord,” she said.
And Jesus said, “Neither do I. Go and sin
no more.”

What part of christ response showed sympathy or that he condoned her sins?, was there any particular emotional response either positive or negative in Jesus's reaction.
I PUT IT TO YOU THAT IF THE RESPONSE OF CHRIST OR HIS REACTION WAS EITHER POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE, THE TEACHERS IF THE LAW AND THE PHARISEES WOULD HAVE USED IT AGAINST, CAUSE THE SIN IF ADULTERY IS VERY TOUCHY SUBJECT TO THE JEWS ACCORDING TO THE LAWS OF MOSES, PLUS THE PENALITY EQUIVALENT TO THE SIN OF HOMOSEXUALITY.

THE NIGGA WAS EVEN DRAWING ON THE SAND TO SHOW HOW INDIFFERENT AND ABSENT MINDED HE WAS TO HER SIN.

1 Like

Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by Nobody: 3:18pm On May 07, 2015
NB : FACTS HAVE SHOWN THAT HOMOPHOBES ARE SECRETLY NURSING GAY TENDENCIES, WHAT THEN DO YOU SAY OF HOMO - SYMPATHISERS.
Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by Nobody: 3:23pm On May 07, 2015
Cheers
Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by plaetton: 3:54pm On May 07, 2015
chalantmike:
You cant love the sinner and hate the sin or character, the two are not mutually exclusive. The Christian view and response to homosexuality is both one of fear and concern, lest the sins of there neighbor rubs off on them. Have yhu forgotten what happened when the children of Israel blend or move about with foreigners and there false worship, after awhile the children of became copy cat, joining there neighbors in there sin.

“You must
them ”

unbelievers. For what do
have in common? Or what
with an unbeliever? What
Lord Almighty"

The trick to the question of homosexuality and Christianity, is one of indifference not sympathy , or been affiliate, its not a question of tolerating , supporting or tolerance, it a question of been indifferent to the sin of homosexuality.
Every gay knows that the moment an individual is afflicted with the homosexual theme, a part of that individual can relate to that sin of homosexuality, that's why Christians are hostile towards the sin of homosexuality, its more a less a defence or preservative mechanism to show that NO PART IF THEM IS AFFILIATED OR CAN RELATE THE SIN OF HOMOSEXUALITY "of cause thats a wrong approach"

“No, Lord,” she said.
no more.”

What part of christ response showed sympathy or that he condoned her sins?, was there any particular emotional response either positive or negative in Jesus's reaction.
I PUT IT TO YOU THAT IF THE RESPONSE OF CHRIST OR HIS REACTION WAS EITHER POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE, THE TEACHERS IF THE LAW AND THE PHARISEES WOULD HAVE USED IT AGAINST, CAUSE THE SIN IF ADULTERY IS VERY TOUCHY SUBJECT TO THE JEWS ACCORDING TO THE LAWS OF MOSES, PLUS THE PENALITY EQUIVALENT TO THE SIN OF HOMOSEXUALITY.

THE NIGGA WAS EVEN DRAWING ON THE SAND TO SHOW HOW INDIFFERENT AND ABSENT MINDED HE WAS TO HER SIN.

I have asked numerous times before, and let me ask again, what is the difference between the sin of homosexual fornication and the sin of heterosexual fornication?
Isn't it clearly a case of pots calling kettles black?
Isn't it a classic case of hating the spec in your neighbor's eye while trying to manage the log in thine own eyes?

This is really what I want you Christian hypocrites to focus on here on this thread.

It is not whether homosexuality is a sin or not, but how it compares to your own daily sins that include fornication, lying, envy, selfishness, etc.

After all, the more than 40,000(estimated) abortions in Nigeria each year are committed by people like you, homophobes who insists that god hates homosexuals ( even though he supposedly created everyone in his own image, and with different traits and talents).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by malvisguy212: 4:01pm On May 07, 2015
chalantmike:

“You must
them ”

unbelievers. For what do
have in common? Or what
with an unbeliever? What
Lord Almighty"

“No, Lord,” she said.
no more.”

before I open this thread, I read of a brother who only find out 'he was Gay' he wept and feel so sad and then he ask a question,how can I UN-GAY myself? Gay are rejected in every community.going by your post, how can a christian help the Gay?
Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by plaetton: 4:13pm On May 07, 2015
malvisguy212:
before I open this thread, I read of a brother who only find out 'he was Gay' he wept and feel so sad and then he ask a question,how can I UN-GAY myself? Gay are rejected in every community.going by your post, how can a christian help the Gay?

This is funny, and again showcases the HALF-THINKING that is an integral part of religious faith.

For example, if someone "finds out" that he is gay, then it's obvious that he did not CHOOSE to be gay. It automatically implies that he was BORN gay.

And in Christian common sense, it you are born male or female, God created you so.
If you are born, white or black skinned, god created you so.
If you are born left or right handed, God created you so.
If you are born tall or short, god created you so.

Shouldn't the same rule of belief apply if you are born gay or straight?

This idea that gos hates being gay is eerily similar to saying that god hates being black, a convenient excuse for hating and subjecting the black race to thousands of years of slavery and inequities.

Its funny that anytime some one defends the rights and dignity of gays here, these half-thinkers revert to calling one gay or gay sympathizer.

Pity.
People of Africa descent should be the last people on earth to discriminate, hate or disparage anyone or any group for simply being who they were born(created) to be.
Homophobia and racism are one and the same.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by Nobody: 4:20pm On May 07, 2015
malvisguy212:
every christain should take a page from Christ, "GO AND SIN NO MORE", there was no judgement, no promise or hope of redemption, no follow up remedies as the 21st century christain. HE JUST SAID "GO AND SIN NO MORE". REMEMBER that same women came back to worship at his feet, christ wasnt remotely pertinacious. I think thats the best offence or defence a Christian could take.
Go and sin no more was an advice not a command.
Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by Nobody: 4:59pm On May 07, 2015
plaetton:

This funny, and again showcases the HALF-THINKING that is an integral part of religious faith.

For example, if someone "finds out" that he is gay, then it's obvious that he did not CHOOSE to be gay. It automatically implies that he was BORN gay.
i guess we could say that, but in reality no one is born gay or straight, as it is evident to the non existence of gay gene or chromosome. Human sexuality is very complex and complicated. YOU CAN ALREADY BE WHAT YOU HOPE TO BECOME AT THE END OF A JOURNEY OF SELF DISCOVERY. Growing up at one point we all thought the mouth and anus, were meant for edification and defecation respectively , at one point we discovered its so not so, pleasure could be achieved from does parts. Thats discovery. The ability of a straight guy to turn of his gay tendencies, find them irritating and offensive makes him straight, the pleasure derived from homosexual act by said individual makes him gay, plus his ability to ignore his straight tendencies, then we have the BI who derive pleasure from both acts. Lets just say discovery and ability makes the difference. The same way a heterosexual discovered his ability to have erection for the opposite sex at a tender age. Is the same way the gays discovered there own ability for the same sex. Every man possess an ability to swing both way, that tendency is always present, the one which appeals to you more than the other is you.
Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by plaetton: 5:25pm On May 07, 2015
chalantmike:
i guess we could say that, but in reality no one is born gay or straight, as it is evident to the non existence of gay gene or chromosome. Human sexuality is very complex and complicated. YOU CAN ALREADY BE WHAT YOU HOPE TO BECOME AT THE END OF A JOURNEY OF SELF DISCOVERY. Growing up at one point we all thought the mouth and anus, were meant for edification and defecation respectively , at one point we discovered its so not so, pleasure could be achieved from does parts. Thats discovery. The ability of a straight guy to turn of his gay tendencies, find them irritating and offensive makes him straight, the pleasure derived from homosexual act by said individual makes him gay, plus his ability to ignore his straight tendencies, then we have the BI who derive pleasure from both acts. Lets just say discovery and ability makes the difference. The same way a heterosexual discovered his ability to have erection for the opposite sex at a tender age. Is the same way the gays discovered there own ability for the same sex. Every man possess an ability to swing both way, that tendency is always present, the one which appeals to you more than the other is you.
This is very contradictory and meaningless. No offence intended.
You first agree, or half agree,
that people are born gay, then you quickly disagree by invoking the complexity of human sexuality ( a candid admission that you don't understand it).

It's funny that when Christians don't understand something complex, they attribute it to god, except in this case. Lol.

Since god is supposedly the author, architect and grand puppet master of life, can you not conceive, in your faith- inspired wisdom, that nature(God's agent) inserted this quark, androgyny, sexual ambiguation, in the human biology for an ultimate purpose, to perhaps checkmate or spurn something ?
Think about this.

Given that homosexuals have been known to be very creative, have played a major roles in human civilization, can you not conceive that androgyny , gender ambiguation, and its associated traits of homosexuality might just be part of the grand design of the supposed creator of life and the universe?

Funny again, that when the going gets tough, Christians invoke the fact that,
" God's ways are a mystery onto man " .
But yet, they claim to know for sure that god didn't create homosexuals.

Religion simply means make it up as you go.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by malvisguy212: 7:53pm On May 07, 2015
plaetton:

This is funny, and again showcases the HALF-THINKING that is an integral part of religious faith.

And in Christian common sense, it you are born male or female, God created you so.
If you are born, white or black skinned, god created you so.
If you are born left or right handed, God created you so.
If you are born tall or short, god created you so.

Shouldn't the same rule of belief apply if you are born gay or straight?

This idea that gos hates being gay is eerily similar to saying that god hates being black, a convenient excuse for hating and subjecting the black race to thousands of years of slavery and inequities.

Its funny that anytime some one defends the rights and dignity of gays here, these half-thinkers revert to calling one gay or gay sympathizer.

Pity.
People of Africa descent should be the last people on earth to discriminate, hate or disparage anyone or any group for simply being who they were born(created) to be.
Homophobia and racism are one and the same.
as an atheist, is homosexual a sin? it may not be a sin to you because you are an atheist, but as a christian, it a sin.God created man and the first law he gave to man is ,be fruitful and MULTIPLY, if homosexual is not bad, there may be a possibility that you( pleatton)will not exist.so you see, God set a law that will benefit mankind and in this era of Grace and love, we as a christians should treat everybody with love .
Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by malvisguy212: 8:08pm On May 07, 2015
chalantmike:
every christain should take a page from Christ, "GO AND SIN NO MORE", there was no judgement, no promise or hope of redemption, no follow up remedies as the 21st century christain. HE JUST SAID "GO AND SIN NO MORE". REMEMBER that same women came back to worship at his feet, christ wasnt remotely pertinacious. I think thats the best offence or defence a Christian could take.
Go and sin no more was an advice not a command.
how will you tell someone,Go and sin no more? Read where Jesus say this word( go and sin no more) what make the sinner come to Jesus in the first place? Jesus seat with sinner and tax collectors ate with them. I have a scripture for you;

James 2:15-17;
15 Suppose a brother or a sister is
without clothes and daily food. 16 If one
of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep
warm and well fed,” BUT DOES NOTHING ABOUT THEIR PHYSICAL NEEDS , what good is
it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it
is not accompanied by ACTION, is dead.

You cannot tell a sinner, go and sin no more when you don't love them.
Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by Nobody: 8:16pm On May 07, 2015
plaetton:

This is very contradictory and meaningless. No offence intended.
You first agree, or half agree,
that people are born gay, then you quickly disagree by invoking the complexity of human sexuality ( a candid admission that you don't understand it).

It's funny that when Christians don't understand something complex, they attribute it to god, except in this case. Lol.

Since god is supposedly the author, architect and grand puppet master of life, can you not conceive, in your faith- inspired wisdom, that nature(God's agent) inserted this quark, androgyny, sexual ambiguation, in the human biology for an ultimate purpose, to perhaps checkmate or spurn something ?
Think about this.

Given that homosexuals have been known to be very creative, have played a major roles in human civilization, can you not conceive that androgyny , gender ambiguation, and its associated traits of homosexuality might just be part of the grand design of the supposed creator of life and the universe?

Funny again, that when the going gets tough, Christians invoke the fact that,
" God's ways are a mystery onto man " .
But yet, they claim to know for sure that god didn't create homosexuals.

Religion simply means make it up as you go.
i did say sexuality is complex.
Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by plaetton: 8:28pm On May 07, 2015
malvisguy212:
as an atheist, is homosexual a sin? it may not be a sin to you because you are an atheist, but as a christian, it a sin.God created man and the first law he gave to man is ,be fruitful and MULTIPLY, if homosexual is not bad, there may be a possibility that you( pleatton)will not exist.so you see, God set a law that will benefit mankind and in this era of Grace and love, we as a christians should treat everybody with love .

Gosh!
Are you guys terminally deaf?
This is why I refer to you guys as half-thinkers. It's like you brain can only process half of the issues presented to you, while conveniently ignoring the rest.

I have repeated many many times here that the issue is not whether it's a sin or not. Afterall, there are 66 or more sinful prohibitions in your bible.
My question, which I have repeated many times, and for which you have all failed to answer is :
Why is homosexuality more sinful, much more hated by Christians than other common sins that YOU commit every single day.

This is where we find the hypocrisy of religious faith.

Pls pls address this.

3 Likes

Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by Nobody: 8:54pm On May 07, 2015
malvisguy212:
how will you tell someone,Go and sin no more? Read where Jesus say this word( go and sin no more) what make the sinner come to Jesus in the first place? Jesus seat with sinner and tax collectors ate with them. I have a scripture for you;

James 2:15-17;
15 Suppose a brother or a sister is
without clothes and daily food. 16 If one
of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep
warm and well fed,” BUT DOES NOTHING ABOUT THEIR PHYSICAL NEEDS , what good is
it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it
is not accompanied by ACTION, is dead.

You cannot tell a sinner, go and sin no more when you don't love them.
did you see the word REMOTELY PERTINACIOUS, in the context there or you skipped it. Or did you miss the part where i said that same woman came back to worship at the feet of jesus.

Did you miss the part was indifferent to sin of adultery, this is the problem with the 21st century Christians, WE GIVE UNDESERVED ATTENTION TO IN RELEVANT ISSUES. love you gay neighbour, there is no such thing as love your gay neighbour, there is just LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOU LOVE YOURSELF #SIMPLE#

MY POINT BEING THAT IF AN HOMOSEXUAL WAS AN NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR TO CHRIST, IT WOULDN'T HAVE MADE ANY DIFFERENCE TO HIM. as you see with the case of the adulterous woman, no special coronation was given nor attribute." go and sin no more" was a generalized line, not specifically tailored for the adulterous woman, it could be applied to anyone as sin is the factor he addressed not adultery.
"he who had no sin should cast the first stone".

With regards to an homosexual what other are you asking for?, than the love of respect and indifference, as Christ showed in the above.
You want stick around and offer them sexual related advice, or condom, you want to advise on how to control their urges or play cool with lifestyle your clueless about. All that would just warranty to patting them on back and encouraging them. In other words the only sin you've not committed is getting in bed with them.

Remember homosexuality is a state, it is not the character that is a sin, but the person him/her self, thats why the old testament called for the death penalty, bible refers to those type of sins as a sin that defiles the BODY, not character. Sin like lying and stealing are character sins not defilement sin, character sins can be easily corrected, abstinence over time is enough to correct such sin.

Point being if you are going to love the person the way YOU ARE IMPLING, YOU JUST HAVE TO LOVE THE SIN TOO.
Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by Nobody: 9:01pm On May 07, 2015
malvisguy212:
as an atheist the question of MORALITY AND LOGIC, is what comes into play here. Morality could be self definitive, logic on the other hand is usually global or generalized perception. At the end of the day, WHATEVER TICKLES YOUR ATHETISTIC VIEW.

you dont have to be religiously affliated to views homosexuality as a sin.
Where religion fails you, LOGIC SHOULD AID YOU.
Re: Love Thy “gay” Neighbor by Nobody: 9:14pm On May 07, 2015
plaetton:

Gosh!
Are you guys terminally deaf?
This is why I refer to you guys as half-thinkers. It's like you brain can only process half of the issues presented to you, while conveniently ignoring the rest.

I have repeated many many times here that the issue is not whether it's a sin or not. Afterall, there are 66 or more sinful prohibitions in your bible.
My question, which I have repeated many times, and for which you have all failed to answer is :
Why is homosexuality more sinful, much more hated by Christians than other common sins that YOU commit every single day.

This is where we find the hypocrisy of religious faith.

Pls pls address this.
fear, i think its fear of the sin reflecting or rubbing off on the them, on the body of christ. Homosexuality is no small sin to the Christian, its like the unholy grail of all unholy grails, vias the death penalty.
Homosexuality is one sin that threatens the very foundation and commandment of Christian. Foundation been the logic of man and woman, and by commandment meaning

GENESIS 1:28
Then God blessed them and said, "Be fruitful
and multiply. Fill the earth and govern it.
Reign over the fish in the sea, the birds in
the sky, and all the animals that scurry
along the ground.".
THAT'S THE FIRST COMMANDMENT ISSUED IN THE BIBLE

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A TRIP TO Hell-testimony Of Pastor Philip Mantofa / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Greater Glory / WE ARE IN THE END TIMES, Let us beg for the God’s mercy before His Judgment Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.