Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,324 members, 7,808,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:59 AM

Germany 2006 without the Super Eagles: how do we all feel? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Germany 2006 without the Super Eagles: how do we all feel? (1516 Views)

Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles / Patrick Obahiagbon Congratulates The Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Germany 2006 without the Super Eagles: how do we all feel? by spencer(m): 10:35pm On Oct 13, 2005
Now that the Angolans have done the damage, can Africa present an intimidating and a formidable teams at the mundial? To me countries like Angola and Togo may not do well

Furthermore, i think FIFA should look into this head to head of a thing. because football is all about scoring goals. embarassed
Re: Germany 2006 without the Super Eagles: how do we all feel? by Greatpeter(m): 2:53pm On Oct 15, 2005
Head to head rule is about goals too.
Nigeria blew up their chance and we are left with the injury.
No thanks to NFA, Chukwu and the Junk players.

Chukwu believed in Okocha too much that he always built his team on him and he didn't play the would be problem.
Just watch all the games without Okocha during which Chukwu was in charge and would appreciate what point I'm making.

It is sad.
Re: Germany 2006 without the Super Eagles: how do we all feel? by Seun(m): 7:47am On Oct 18, 2005
We supported them, but they failed to make it. Too bad.
Re: Germany 2006 without the Super Eagles: how do we all feel? by Bibi(m): 8:56am On Oct 18, 2005
Other African teams will Rock Germany for Africa. Nigeria's absence is no reason for African representatitives not to perform. They can do well or even better than Eagles.
Re: Germany 2006 without the Super Eagles: how do we all feel? by fabian(f): 9:20am On Oct 18, 2005
I feel O.K about it, maybe ther's a lesson to learn from here! We gave our chance easily to the Angolans by fixing a match for Kano, where most Nigerians cannot cope with the weather.
The Angolans used that opportunity well! its was like playing away in ones' home to me.
Anyway, I am happy for Togo, I wish them all the best, Stephen Keshi and his boys worked really hard and they deserve to go.
I am rooting for Togo now, I am sure they won't win, but the experience they'll get is priceless.
Re: Germany 2006 without the Super Eagles: how do we all feel? by otokx(m): 12:01pm On Oct 18, 2005
am so happy that we are not going there. we need to put our house in order once and for all. we should select the best based on current performance and not sentiments. And let me say it loud and clear, with the way we are beating round the bush we will not win the nations cup. In advanced countries the NFA board should have resigned en masse, people like okocha who feel too big should be told to keep away. I must praise the efforts of our indigenous coaches who were also players in their days like stephen keshi, augustin eguavon and samson siasia. Another thing is the state of our football league and more importantly our stadium facilities. They must be improved.
Re: Germany 2006 without the Super Eagles: how do we all feel? by Greatpeter(m): 1:44pm On Oct 18, 2005
Well said Fabian.
But Nigerians are not known to learn any lesson from their failures.
Those at the helm of affairs are busy working hard for their pockets.
It's really sad, seeing Togo, Angola and the likes going to the World without Super Eagles of Nigeria.
Our leaders will learn no lesson here that's the most painful.
You will see what their preparations will be for next year's African cup of nations.
It will be the same fire brigade approach.

You know what's going on already for next year's Commonweath games preparations.
It's annoying!
Re: Germany 2006 without the Super Eagles: how do we all feel? by fabian(f): 2:06pm On Oct 18, 2005
That's the bad thing there. Nigerians just don't get it. When will we ever get it? We never learn from our past mistakes. Instead, we make more mistakes and make people see us like idiots.

Instead of the NFA to start preparing for CAF, you just watch and see what they'll do. And as they lay all their hopes on Okocha, they forget about the Obafemi Martins and the George Abbeys and the Odemwingies (I hope I got that spelling right). These people are a few of the future "Okochas" and the NFA better realize that!
Re: Germany 2006 without the Super Eagles: how do we all feel? by Greatpeter(m): 2:48pm On Oct 18, 2005
Is fabian also among Sports analysts?
Re: Germany 2006 without the Super Eagles: how do we all feel? by Seun(m): 2:54pm On Oct 18, 2005
Obviously, yes. Thumbs up to all the female sports analysts on the Nairaland Forum! wink
Re: Germany 2006 without the Super Eagles: how do we all feel? by fabian(f): 2:57pm On Oct 18, 2005
Ha Ha! I was kinda forced to like football........ With 4 brothers and me being smack in the middle, what do you expect? it was either you like it, or stay without TV. Lol! wink
Re: Germany 2006 without the Super Eagles: how do we all feel? by Greatpeter(m): 2:59pm On Oct 18, 2005
Little woder! you talk authoritatively like one sports analyst i used to know.
Re: Germany 2006 without the Super Eagles: how do we all feel? by fabian(f): 3:05pm On Oct 18, 2005
Who? Nkechi obi? (I wish!)
Re: Germany 2006 without the Super Eagles: how do we all feel? by Greatpeter(m): 3:08pm On Oct 18, 2005
Nkechi obi is not even a good sports analyst(my opinion)

This man is an Italian.
Re: Germany 2006 without the Super Eagles: how do we all feel? by Odeku(m): 7:12pm On Oct 18, 2005
SOCCER without the impressive super Eagles and the indomitable Lions, the white people will see how boring the tournament will be without Africa best teams.
Re: Germany 2006 without the Super Eagles: how do we all feel? by SirKay3(m): 7:24pm On Oct 18, 2005
Cote divoire could pose a problem like Senegal did in 2002, others are there to add to the numbers.

Great lesson to learn never to underate any minnow and to use the opportunity to develop the future talents
Re: Germany 2006 without the Super Eagles: how do we all feel? by Odeku(m): 10:13pm On Oct 18, 2005
But they dont have the exposure and the talent THAT NIGERIA HAS.
Re: Germany 2006 without the Super Eagles: how do we all feel? by fabian(f): 8:06am On Oct 19, 2005
No, they don't, but they have dedication and passion and that's what Nigerian players lack!
Re: Germany 2006 without the Super Eagles: how do we all feel? by Greatpeter(m): 8:17am On Oct 19, 2005
Determination was all Angola used to snatch away our slot.

Our players are not committed when it comes to playimg for their fatherland that brought them to limelight.

Not that Angolans are skillful, but they determined and it paid of.
Re: Germany 2006 without the Super Eagles: how do we all feel? by fabian(f): 8:49am On Oct 19, 2005
yes, but the sad part is if something bad like an illness or so befalls any of the 9jan players, the NFA/ Sports ministry will not help them in any way!
They'd rather save themselves for their clubs cos that's the side their bread is buttered on!
Re: Germany 2006 without the Super Eagles: how do we all feel? by HENRO77(m): 2:00pm On Oct 19, 2005
In my thinking, it was good we did not qualify if it will teach us the well deserved lesson of taking things serious from the on set as well not depending on a player or group of players for results.

I feel for Obafemi martins but Nigeria does not deserve a place in the world cup.
Re: Germany 2006 without the Super Eagles: how do we all feel? by otokx(m): 10:20am On Oct 20, 2005
am very sure that africa will excel in this world cup and may go as high as a quater final place.
Re: Germany 2006 without the Super Eagles: how do we all feel? by t2wise(m): 5:54pm On Oct 20, 2005
Nigeria not in the world cup is really a shame and a big lesson for soccer most especially in Nigeria because of our non challant attittude We have been maiking this mistakes in the past and we always scape through count occassions like the qualifiers to the olympics Sydney 2000 we needed a win against Zimbabwe in the last match but we had it, also almost twelve years ago when we needed a draw against Algeria we also got it and now we needed a win against Zimbabwe we got it quite alright but it is like beating a dead horse because we have already lost the world cup ticket in Kano. Atleast we can watch the world cup this time with a restfull mind not a heart that willwant to break if your country is being knocked out in the ealy stage. I only pity the likes of Obagol, Osaz, Ayila and the young lads well we still have Nigerians in the world cup playing for Togo. Too bad
Re: Germany 2006 without the Super Eagles: how do we all feel? by lordimpaq(m): 7:33pm On Oct 20, 2005
we don't need to be there....we don't deserve a place

i only feel for martins and the other young players.. who will not play because of maladminstration on the part of the NFA...
you guys beetter support England or Holland to win the next world cup

i choose england...
Re: Germany 2006 without the Super Eagles: how do we all feel? by c0dec(m): 12:23am On Oct 21, 2005
lordimpaq, how far now? long time. how's your arsenal dey? grin FORZA BIANCONERI! come and join vieira on the better side.

as per this thread> why are u people still talking about this issue? wasn't it obvious months ago?

anyway, i'm italian as far this world cup is concerned. nothing for england - nothing for holland, they have to get past argentina and brasil b4 they even think of italy.
Re: Germany 2006 without the Super Eagles: how do we all feel? by drbigdaddyg(m): 10:13am On Oct 22, 2005
Well, you guyz have contributed well. Let me just say that Nigeria deserved what happened to her. I can't imagine common Angola going to Germany in our expense. Is very amazing! We have the players, all it takes to go for the world cup, but did not use our senses well.

Is just like when we were grouped for the world cup qualifier, I was very happy seeing the countries (Angola, Rwanda, Zimbabwe, Algeria, Gabon) in our group unlike having tough countries like, cameroun, ivory coast, Tunisia and maybe Morrocco in our group; I never knew that those countries we underrated could be a nightmare. I believe that our poor perfomance was a sequel of poor grouping because, if we had had good teams in our group, it would coerced us into making thorough preparation knowing that we have fight for a win. But, in this case, seeing "what we called" small teams like Angolans/ Rwanda/Gabon, we thought we could just sleep and wake in the morning of each qualifying match and pieces the country to play with. We have seen how possible it is!!!

My only disturbance is that I would have wanted an African country to pick atleast silver medal this time, but seeing the crop of African Countries going for the world cup, I know they (African country) might at most only narrowly escape the first round. Nigeria would have done great in the world cup with quality of players we have but, our problem became we invested for future without settling the core debt (preparing for qualifiers). If we had atleast gate-crashed this one, I don't see the country that would have stopped us this world cup because we know what it is all about and know it means "fight" and can go extra mile for the preparation. Then, those players we were reserving would have come in; of course no player wouldn't want to show his talents in such a big tornament. Don't even be surprise Babayaro would even crawl on his feet to be permitted to play.

I am only saying this to disagree with people who thought with what we played for the qualifiers series, we would have just wasted our funds in the world cup. Is a lie!!! Nigerian players only go for the tough and that is the problem we have. My blames go to Chukwu, he is not a coach, he doesn't have the diplomacy for coaching.
Re: Germany 2006 without the Super Eagles: how do we all feel? by SirKay3(m): 11:09am On Oct 22, 2005
Really feeling bad, but there is a lesson to learn from this sha and I pray our so called NFA learn it
Re: Germany 2006 without the Super Eagles: how do we all feel? by Oracle(m): 11:54pm On Oct 27, 2005
[img]http://C:\My Documents\My Pictures\_39901645_okocha_gi300x200.jpg[/img]

Re: Germany 2006 without the Super Eagles: how do we all feel? by drbigdaddyg(m): 10:40am On Oct 28, 2005
Is just a show for my Okocha
Re: Germany 2006 without the Super Eagles: how do we all feel? by Owen(m): 3:45pm On Oct 28, 2005
Its best we forget the past and look to the future... cry

(1) (Reply)

Are Arsenal The Most Hated Team Will Chelsea Be Everyone Favorite Team / Wow! Manchester City’s £500m Dream Team / Should Fifa Ban The Vuvuzela?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.