Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,050 members, 7,807,154 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:25 AM

Soldiers Murder 30 Innocent Civillians In Plateau - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Murder 30 Innocent Civillians In Plateau (31519 Views)

Boko Haram Strikes Again, Kills 7 Civillians / Tribunal Sacks Vincent Bulus In Plateau, Bans Him From Politics For Life / BOKO HARAM: Military Will Protect Civillians – JONATHAN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldiers Murder 30 Innocent Civillians In Plateau by aboy247: 9:20am On May 03, 2015
Following the alleged killing of four soldiers by unknown persons at Angwan Nanmi in Karin Lamido Local Government Area of Taraba State, Soldiers in a revenge mission invaded Kadarko, Kurmi and Wadata villages of Wase local government area of Plateau killing at least 30 people. The house of the traditional ruler of the Kadarko, Ponhzi Kadarko, Chief Lot Nde, was not left out of the revenge misson. According to executive Director of Stefanos Foundation, Mr. Mark Lipdo, quoting Sources from the village said, the soldiers arrived in over 40 trucks and opened fire on innocent people and burnt houses.

Capt. Ikedichi Iweha spokesman for the Special Task Force, while reacting to the allegation, said the claim that its members attacked people is false and described the operation as a means to checking gunmen who had been terrorising residents and military men in the area.

PS: This article is a summarized version of the original news

Source: http://thesummary.com.ng/index.php/component/k2/item/645-soldiers-murder-30-innocent-civillians-in-plateau

A yet-to-be-identified number of people have allegedly been killed after soldiers invaded Kadarko, Kurmi and Wadata villages of Wase Local Government Area of Plateau State following the alleged killing of four soldiers by persons.

Our correspondent gathered that the soldiers, who arrived the villages in over 40 trucks, were on a revenge mission over the alleged killing of their colleagues at Angwan Nanmi in Karin Lamido Local Government Area of Taraba State.

Executive Director of Stefanos Foundation, Mr. Mark Lipdo, quoting sources from the village, alleged, during an interview with our correspondent on Saturday, that the military men opened fire on innocent people and burnt houses.

Lipdo said, “Information says soldiers in over 40 trucks arrived Kadarko, Kurmi and Wadata of Wase LGA in Plateau State today (Saturday) following report of alleged killing of four soldiers at Angwan Nanmi, Karin Lamido LGA of Taraba State.

“According to residents, the soldiers arrived and opened fire on innocent people, burning houses. It is not clear why soldiers would open fire on the people they are supposed to defend.

“Sources said it is in retaliation for the killings of their colleagues. Others denied this, more so when two of the four soldiers allegedly killed were even Tarohs from this area. Villagers would rather believe it is a deliberate plan by the outgoing governor to intimidate the people of the area, following the overwhelming votes from the area that changed the results of the last election.”

Spokesman for the Special Task Force, Capt. Ikedichi Iweha, while reacting to the allegation last night, said there was no truth in the claim that its members attacked anybody.

He said the operation was meant to check gunmen, who had been terrorising residents and security personnel in the area.

According to him, following frequent attacks on communities around the Plateau-Taraba border by some militiamen, the STF and soldiers from the 3 Armoured Division of the Nigerian Army, had been carrying out operations targeted at flushing out the militiamen.

He argued that soldiers, who were working to protect innocent civilians, could not turn around to kill the same civilians.

http://www.punchng.com/news/soldiers-on-revenge-mission-invade-plateau-villages/
Re: Soldiers Murder 30 Innocent Civillians In Plateau by Nobody: 9:22am On May 03, 2015
angry cry My country

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Murder 30 Innocent Civillians In Plateau by DaBullIT(m): 9:33am On May 03, 2015
[size=18pt]I would never support reprisal killings

It is wrong on all levels especially from Nigerian Army [/size]

but i would say no civilian in innocent , those who perpetrated the evil act live in that community and they should not be protected

the moment soldiers came someone should have named the culprits , and 30 civilians would be alive at the moment

If someone had named the culprits, the soldiers probably wont fire on civilians

Stop twisting my comments on ye emotional goats , I never said it is morally right , i said it could have been prevented

yeye people

slys:

my believe is they cant just go to that place with 40 trucks full of soldiers without gathering some information. So sometin is still missing in the story.
Op please more light on the matter

In summary of the above comment, something terribly bad happened ,or information got to soldiers about that community , otherwise they wouldn't reinforce with 40 trucks just to demonstrate their madness

This is the only person who is thinking outside the box so far , all you others insulting and cursing me , your curses are for you and your family ,

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Murder 30 Innocent Civillians In Plateau by walemoney007(m): 10:11am On May 03, 2015
DaBullIT:
I would never support reprisal killings

but i would say no civilian in innocent , those who perpetrated the evil act live in that community and they should not be protected

the moment soldiers came someone should have named the culprits , and 30 civilians would be alive at the moment
u cant condem d killin of 30 pple by soldiers,yet fools lik u will b condemin,abusin and askin for d prosecution of northerners that took part in d killins of ibo army n ibo civilians durin d 1966 counter coup

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Soldiers Murder 30 Innocent Civillians In Plateau by DaBullIT(m): 10:17am On May 03, 2015
walemoney007:
u cant condem d killin of 30 pple by soldiers,yet fools lik u will b condemin,abusin and askin for d prosecution of northerners that took part in d killins of ibo army n ibo civilians durin d 1966 counter coup

What do you know about people like me ?

Somebody did something wrong

somebody saw the somebody who did something wrong

The somebody who saw the somebody who did the something wrong saw soldiers coming to town

Somebody should have told soldiers and that somebody would have save 30 lives

If you had good network from your brain to your fingers , you would know that i said I prefer for the offender to be punished instead of people who may not have known about it , silence is acceptance and it cost them 30 lives , think well before you comment

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Soldiers Murder 30 Innocent Civillians In Plateau by kettykings: 10:23am On May 03, 2015
Nigerian army killing the unarmed and running from the armed, if it is boko haram we will hear story of how the army hasn't not been well equipped, if it is biafra they will use hunger and sabotage of farmlands to end the war, if it is niger delta militancy they will use amnesty, but if it is unarmed civilians they will fight to the last man

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Soldiers Murder 30 Innocent Civillians In Plateau by Nobody: 10:56am On May 03, 2015
[size=18pt]LIES AND TREACHRIES[/size]...I TRUST THE [size=20pt]NIGERIAN ARMY[/size]

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Murder 30 Innocent Civillians In Plateau by lonelydora: 10:57am On May 03, 2015
Haa. That's where my sister-in-law was posted to for NYSC. Hope there's no problem there? Please PM me if you stay in Jos

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Murder 30 Innocent Civillians In Plateau by Nobody: 10:58am On May 03, 2015
Barbaric ,Nigerian military most useless in the world

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Murder 30 Innocent Civillians In Plateau by Nobody: 10:58am On May 03, 2015
Am ashame of my men sometimes...

4 Likes

Re: Soldiers Murder 30 Innocent Civillians In Plateau by Ucheosefoh(m): 10:59am On May 03, 2015
The new boko harem in town (soldiers) so killing innocent civilians is what they thought is the best way to avenge the killings of their comrades.
The citizens of this nation are in serious trouble, armed robbers kill you, police and the army payed with your tax to protect you are now killing you where do we go from here

15 Likes

Re: Soldiers Murder 30 Innocent Civillians In Plateau by Nobody: 10:59am On May 03, 2015
GEJ, I'm asking you for the umpteenth time. Why are soldiers acting like barbarians under your watch?

8 Likes

Re: Soldiers Murder 30 Innocent Civillians In Plateau by holyokoto(m): 11:00am On May 03, 2015
[s]Our correspondent gathered that the soldiers, who arrived the villages in over 40 trucks, were on a revenge mission over the alleged killing of their colleagues at Angwan Nanmi in Karin Lamido Local Government Area of Taraba State.[/s]

Then why not taking their revenge in Taraba? why Plateau?

8 Likes

Re: Soldiers Murder 30 Innocent Civillians In Plateau by Pangea: 11:01am On May 03, 2015
angry
Nigerian Army should be rebuilt from ground up,
The professional army ethics should be beyond reprisal killings, we are in 21st century for God sake!
Buhari really have a lot repair work to do to put an end to all these rubbish.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Murder 30 Innocent Civillians In Plateau by ojaydedon(m): 11:01am On May 03, 2015
hmmm

THATS THE PROBLEM WE HAVE IN NIGERIA.. THE PEOPLE OF THE COMMUNITY KNOWS THOSE THAT COMMITTED THE ACT, BUT WONT SAY IT..

BUT THE SOLDIERS SHOULD HAVE INTERROGATED THE PEOPLE OF THE COMMUNITY TO GET THOSE GUILTY INSTEAD OF KILLING AT WILL WHICH WILL LEAD TO THE DEATH OF MANY WHO ARE INNOCENT... angryangryangryangry

rip to those that died..
Re: Soldiers Murder 30 Innocent Civillians In Plateau by ShakurM(m): 11:01am On May 03, 2015
I feel scared than protected when I see armed soldiers or policemen !

Go sambisa, una say weapon no reach

angry

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Murder 30 Innocent Civillians In Plateau by Nobody: 11:02am On May 03, 2015
Gej to be blamed! Pls who is commander in chief of Armed forces?

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Murder 30 Innocent Civillians In Plateau by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:02am On May 03, 2015
shocked

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Murder 30 Innocent Civillians In Plateau by Pavore9: 11:02am On May 03, 2015
This should be independently investigated.
Re: Soldiers Murder 30 Innocent Civillians In Plateau by Aromas: 11:02am On May 03, 2015
Freemanan:
Am ashame of my men sometimes...
As in seriously annoying
Re: Soldiers Murder 30 Innocent Civillians In Plateau by Nobody: 11:03am On May 03, 2015
The same thing that happened in Odi. . . If only the soldiers can deal with BH like this.

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Murder 30 Innocent Civillians In Plateau by nationwide1(m): 11:03am On May 03, 2015
If only they could revenge on Bokoharam same way, the insurgency menace would have been a history by now.

But Op, how comes the soldiers were attacked in Taraba State and the revenge mission directed against the people of Plateau State?

5 Likes

Re: Soldiers Murder 30 Innocent Civillians In Plateau by ramdris(m): 11:04am On May 03, 2015
War crime!
Re: Soldiers Murder 30 Innocent Civillians In Plateau by Nobody: 11:04am On May 03, 2015
Re: Soldiers Murder 30 Innocent Civillians In Plateau by alaoeri: 11:04am On May 03, 2015
Another Odi in making.
Re: Soldiers Murder 30 Innocent Civillians In Plateau by holyokoto(m): 11:05am On May 03, 2015
kettykings:
Nigerian army killing the unarmed and running from the armed, if it is boko haram we will hear story of how the army hasn't not been well equipped, if it is biafra they will use hunger and sabotage of farmlands to end the war, if it is niger delta militancy they will use amnesty, but if it is unarmed civilians they will fight to the last man

It appears You has no knowledge that soldiers were trained, Have you been to Sambisa forest recently?
Re: Soldiers Murder 30 Innocent Civillians In Plateau by Nobody: 11:05am On May 03, 2015
Aromas:

As in seriously annoying

To know that a Captain is among them saddens me! It is well
Re: Soldiers Murder 30 Innocent Civillians In Plateau by DahtzFestjayz: 11:05am On May 03, 2015
Its Soldiers kill 50 suspected Bolo Haram members.
Re: Soldiers Murder 30 Innocent Civillians In Plateau by tayoxx(m): 11:06am On May 03, 2015
na wa o....as them kill 40 now e bring back there colleagues ni
Re: Soldiers Murder 30 Innocent Civillians In Plateau by shedrack222: 11:06am On May 03, 2015
Vv

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Murder 30 Innocent Civillians In Plateau by DavidMark1(m): 11:07am On May 03, 2015
Chai!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obasanjo Cuts His 80th Birthday Cake (Photos) / Okorocha Uses Tinubu & Saraki To Explain To 'Myopic Imolites' About Son-In-Law / Oshiomhole Reacts As Smart Adeyemi Defeats Dino Melaye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.