Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,426 members, 7,808,523 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:01 PM

US Offers France $35 Million To Fight Boko Haram, Exclude Nigeria - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Offers France $35 Million To Fight Boko Haram, Exclude Nigeria (26889 Views)

Govt Of France Finally Gets Smart; Shuts Down 20 Mosques / Jacques Hamel Killed In France By ISIS Terrorists Who Slit His Throat / Nigerians Living In Durban South Africa Vow To Fight Back, Battle Line Drawn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Offers France $35 Million To Fight Boko Haram, Exclude Nigeria by sirmariner: 8:30pm On May 03, 2015
God knows about Nigeria and whatever we 're passing through now. Obama we don't need ur help cos we 're not gays. God will fight for us. The Labours of our heroes past shall never be in vain. We will win this fight with or without America
Re: US Offers France $35 Million To Fight Boko Haram, Exclude Nigeria by intergral(m): 8:39pm On May 03, 2015
Mellin:
and no other tribe in Nigeria does any of these u mentioned except igbo.... U need new set of brains
Damn it! Dude I guess the truth really hurt you!
Re: US Offers France $35 Million To Fight Boko Haram, Exclude Nigeria by intergral(m): 8:41pm On May 03, 2015
Gaidenk:

Hehehe u wish abokii,I grew up in Jos,I know your type well.
Yeah proudly AB0ki... I still insist I'm proud that the truth hurt your bone...
Re: US Offers France $35 Million To Fight Boko Haram, Exclude Nigeria by Reference(m): 8:53pm On May 03, 2015
givan:
I belive this is a reaction of the white house to the decline of a request made by some UN delegate to send foreign boots on ground to help combat boko haram. The request was made last month when some delegates from the UN visited president Goodluck in Aso rock. He decline the request and ordered them to channel their help to the resettling of displaced Nigerians affected by the insurgent group.

We are not interested in their troops and no longer interested in their weapons. Nigeria is a powder keg filled with an explosive ethno-religious cocktail. I tell you. One American bullet kills a northern muslim and insurgent becomes freedom fighter. They will simply board their Chinooks, fly away leaving us with a full blown civil war. Nuff said.
Re: US Offers France $35 Million To Fight Boko Haram, Exclude Nigeria by lucianohase(m): 9:04pm On May 03, 2015
bro4u:
America thinks we cant defeat Boko Haram without their help but fortunately they have been embarassed even after publicly predicting the division of Nigeria,am not suprise because even if am told am America supports Nigeria in the fight i would swear in Gods name both in Heaven and Earth.

America is not friends and will never be friends of Nigeria..Fu(k Them With Their Fu(king Money
US government can never be your friend unless you do their bidding.
Corruption or no corruption, along as you do their bidding and your corrupt atittude continually serve their interest they will pally with you.
Our President elect (buhari) is like the new bride on board and will continue to be so, as far as as he keeps dancing to the tune they play even, if it is not to Nigeria's' interest. But immediately. he says "no!".They will turn their back on him and the country.
Re: US Offers France $35 Million To Fight Boko Haram, Exclude Nigeria by NobleG1(m): 9:35pm On May 03, 2015
Reference:

Don't be silly my frieind. Nigeria has every right to tackle this problem in the way it deems fit in the light of our constitution and our military doctrine. We have laws here too. The U.S is giving Africa aid via France. Is it running the French Army too? Can that be accepted. And for those talking rubbish about corruption. Where do our neighbours Niger, Chad, Cameroun and Mali stand in the index of corruption or good governance. Heck Cameroun has had Biya since 1982 yet the U.S is cool with that.

They should leave us the hell alone and shove their money where the sun don't shine. We are not accepting American troops or bases on our soil (due to our incendiary ethno-religious situation) and we will not change our military TRADOC more than our willingness to ditch the naira for the dollar.

Obama has issues with Nigeria, America is NOT our friend. We should see them as competitors not collaborators and certainly not conquerors.

BTW: Buhari should wizen up, listen to his military and security chiefs and give the US a wide berth. He himself should know that the day troops of the 'great satan' step on our shores and any one of his brothers is killed by an American bomb or bullet, that great disintegration prophesy will be set in motion.

America steer clear of Nigeria's affairs.

You're truly uninformed. It's this type of your mentality and empty ego that have kept Nigeriia in the dark for decades.

The neighbouring countries you mentioned are in Nigeria fighting BH alongside Nigerian soldiers because they deemed Nigeria unfit and incapable of doing so alone! How shameful is that?

It's laughable for you to compare Nigeria with U.S. and it's even worst for you to insinuate competition between a backward and astronomically corrupt Nigeria with a far more advanced country, U.S. (the greatest nation on earth).

U.S. tried assisting but the st*upid "leaders" we've messed the whole thing up. And you didn't see anything wrong with that! Whatever you're high on, give me some.
Re: US Offers France $35 Million To Fight Boko Haram, Exclude Nigeria by NobleG1(m): 9:53pm On May 03, 2015
nortcentrallord:

Did you listen to Tony Uranta's comments on bh, chibok girls and governance yesterday? You are just a pathetic sore and soured being for not being for digesting the much propaganda you were fed with. Its people like you that are termed 'disgrace to a nation'. Just one simple question, who were those that committed these human rights abuse us was talking about? Name them. If u can't, just shut up.

You're indeed uninformed. You're pathetic to swallow whatever the corrupt and incompetent Nigerian "leaders" feed you with. Open your eyes to see the truth.

People like you are the ones who would rather sell their rights by collecting a bag of rice and tomato from corrupt politicians, than bring change.

If you think Nigerian government have never abused any human right or been lawless, then you'e either st*upid or on cr*ack.
Re: US Offers France $35 Million To Fight Boko Haram, Exclude Nigeria by frankson1(m): 9:56pm On May 03, 2015
hardbody:

This has nothing to do with the military. US has been critical of Goodluck from the moment he signed off on the anti ga.y law. America is trying to introduce a help through the backdoor knowing that BH success in Nigeria will affect most other African states.

Upon their puppet taking over, they will then throw their massive support in favour. They are disappointed that Goodluck was not overwhelmed by BH.

Meanwhile shame on US and the Kenyan in the person of Obama

Is Nigeria the only country that has refused to sign the anti-gay law?
The USA said that this govt supervises corruption. Which is the truth.

You no hate America pass me o but let's face the fact.
Re: US Offers France $35 Million To Fight Boko Haram, Exclude Nigeria by Nobody: 10:32pm On May 03, 2015
Contact me to get your research project analysis (chapter 4) done with ease mohoniconsult@gmail.com
Re: US Offers France $35 Million To Fight Boko Haram, Exclude Nigeria by iiiyyyk(m): 10:39pm On May 03, 2015
intergral:
There is lot of dirty and evil people to be exposed after May 29th... I believe Obama knows that the government has a hand in bokoharam that why they refuse to sell them weapon and offer Nigeria help... BOKOHARAM was only a fraud if not when have the Nigerian army anounced that they've caught one Nigerian among them? Although aimed at distroying and reducing the population of the north using religion as a cover up, they capture town and villages loot them including the banks and properties for their own personal use in chaD... I also believe that had it been the news of this chibok girls broke out mistakenly GEJ would have kept Silent about it just like bunch of other cases of women and girls Kidnap, But to GEJ's biggest surprise his plans didn't work it fail and fail and fail and continue to fail till he lost the election... My biggest wish is to see buhari invest in oil exploration in the North east because Chad have already started enjoying our Desert oil which is more expensive and valuable then he can now call everybody and tell them that who so ever wants to leave should go and form their country but my believe is that once oil is confirmed in the North the SS and SW will stick to one Nigeria then the south east can now carry all their crime causing citizens back to their Biafra and do what they like without anybody giving a F*CK!!!

Hahahahahaha see aboki dreaming. dont worry about the east. just form a republic with the west. In the beginning it was west, east and north. So that is were we shall go back. No body is taking your north and chad oil from your parasitic region.
Re: US Offers France $35 Million To Fight Boko Haram, Exclude Nigeria by omolami: 10:50pm On May 03, 2015
Obama and his allies are unhappy because Gej conceded defeat on the pesidential election thereby scutling US prediction that Nigeria would break in 2015 after the presidential election. Gej scattered their expectation. OBAMA had expected Gej to resist and put up a fight over the result which could have tore nigeria apart. This did not happen therefore Obama is unhappy with Gej and by extention Nigeria God bless Gej
Re: US Offers France $35 Million To Fight Boko Haram, Exclude Nigeria by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 11:22pm On May 03, 2015
Barak Obama knows if he gives Nigeria such money, it will be siphoned into personal pockets.... I guess he is waiting on a more serious government to take over first before rendering such aid...
Re: US Offers France $35 Million To Fight Boko Haram, Exclude Nigeria by Abbey2sam(m): 11:55pm On May 03, 2015
Do Nigeria still anticipate any help from Obama or America ?

We will not support gay marriage in Nigeria if that's what it takes to get help from America,

mind you America don't do or give anything for free
Re: US Offers France $35 Million To Fight Boko Haram, Exclude Nigeria by intergral(m): 12:11am On May 04, 2015
Mellin:
and no other tribe in Nigeria does any of these u mentioned except igbo.... U need new set of brains
every tribe partake in such crimes but igbos are 10 in every other tribe.... Am not hating am only saying the truth!
Re: US Offers France $35 Million To Fight Boko Haram, Exclude Nigeria by intergral(m): 12:16am On May 04, 2015
iiiyyyk:

Hahahahahaha see aboki dreaming. dont worry about the east. just form a republic with the west. In the beginning it was west, east and north. So that is were we shall go back. No body is taking your north and chad oil from your parasitic region.
Can you kindly define the meaning of parasite, then go back to the history of Nigeria come back and tell what is parasitic about the North. Remember you can only be parasitic when you consumer something that is vital for survival... So is oil consumable by any human being? Remember this are just clues make sure you do your home work!
Re: US Offers France $35 Million To Fight Boko Haram, Exclude Nigeria by Caution30: 2:30am On May 04, 2015
ramdris:
This might not be unconnected to our highly corrupt military. Even though it makes little sense to exclude Nigeria from the assistance, am sure the US wanted to avoid a situation where the fund will be sit upon by our so called military heads who has been benefiting illegally without hindrance under GEJ reign.
However, anything that will flush BH out completely is welcome.
You know little or nothing concerning wat is playing out here
This is international politics playing out.
The US -Nigeria relationship has been on the decline because of this administration closeness with China, who the US admitted is an emerging world power,reason why they wanted him out of power.
So,for those who don't see beyond there their noses,
how is the incoming govt who have promise to mend the broken relationship the US and its allies,and also keep the Chinese who have been the major partner in term of trade and investment in the absence of the US and its allies, is left to be seen.
Meanwhile, the US can keep its aid itself , cos GEJ is on cos to handover a terror free Nigeria to the incoming government
Re: US Offers France $35 Million To Fight Boko Haram, Exclude Nigeria by nortcentrallord(m): 3:35am On May 04, 2015
NobleG1:

You're indeed uninformed. You're pathetic to swallow whatever the corrupt and incompetent Nigerian "leaders" feed you with. Open your eyes to see the truth.

People like you are the ones who would rather sell their rights by collecting a bag of rice and tomato from corrupt politicians, than bring change.

If you think Nigerian government have never abused any human right or been lawless, then you'e either st*upid or on cr*ack.

Get some facts. Uranta has been one of the heavy critics of GEJ so keep the sentiments to yourself. His comments wasn't about giving credit to anyone but facing the stack reality.

About the human rights abuse, I asked you a question which you haven't given me an answer. Gives me names of people present and past that are guilty of that and also of such incidents. Don't America go against the Geneva convention and human rights abuse every where they claim to be offering help? Am sure you know nothing about Rules of engagement in tandem with human rights.

You call me names when you haven't even referred to the information I offered you. There is a saying Mnsr. O.P Achebe that goes 'he who knows not and knows that he knows not is a wise man but he who knows not and knows not that he knows not is a foolish man'
Re: US Offers France $35 Million To Fight Boko Haram, Exclude Nigeria by hardbody: 5:11am On May 04, 2015
frankson1:

Is Nigeria the only country that has refused to sign the anti-gay law?
The USA said that this govt supervises corruption. Which is the truth.

You no hate America pass me o but let's face the fact.

I hear you loud and clear. Now please tell me why America will not sell armaments to us in a supposedly free market and still went ahead to truncate Israeli's desire to sell to us? How does it really concern them when its not like they are giving us cash that could be squandered. Bros follow world politics and you will get the drift.
Re: US Offers France $35 Million To Fight Boko Haram, Exclude Nigeria by kabaka1: 6:03am On May 04, 2015
ramdris:
This might not be unconnected to our highly corrupt military. Even though it makes little sense to exclude Nigeria from the assistance, am sure the US wanted to avoid a situation where the fund will be sit upon by our so called military heads who has been benefiting illegally without hindrance under GEJ reign.
However, anything that will flush BH out completely is welcome.

Very wise response. The Americans just know who they dealing with when it comes to money issues
Re: US Offers France $35 Million To Fight Boko Haram, Exclude Nigeria by bro4u: 6:45am On May 04, 2015
lucianohase:
Corruption or no corruption, along as you do their bidding and your corrupt atittude continually serve their interest they will pally with you.
Our President elect (buhari) is like the new bride on board and will continue to be so, as far as as he keeps dancing to the tune they play even, if it is not to Nigeria's' interest. But immediately. he says "no!".They will turn their back on him and the country.
Exactly bro,thats the problem they have with cuba,they have been trying to formulate laws for the cubans but the cubans know that they laws will only favour the americans selfish interest.

1 Like

Re: US Offers France $35 Million To Fight Boko Haram, Exclude Nigeria by Daykoozy(m): 7:02am On May 04, 2015
bro4u:
America thinks we cant defeat Boko Haram without their help but fortunately they have been embarassed even after publicly predicting the division of Nigeria,am not suprise because even if am told am America supports Nigeria in the fight i would swear in Gods name both in Heaven and Earth.

America is not friends and will never be friends of Nigeria..Fu(k Them With Their Fu(king Money
Your sense of patriotism is highly misplaced. Stop the conspiracy nonsense. The reason they are not giving Nigeria money is due to our corrupt leaders and corrupt nature.
It is now well known that Nigeria is a joke. They view our leaders as monkeys running a pariah state. Nigeria will not be taken seriously by the international community unless we act fast.
Ask yourself; if the US gives us $35million, how much do you think wI'll end up in private hands.
Naija ain't fooling anybody anymore.
Re: US Offers France $35 Million To Fight Boko Haram, Exclude Nigeria by bro4u: 8:41am On May 04, 2015
Daykoozy:

Your sense of patriotism is highly misplaced. Stop the conspiracy nonsense. The reason they are not giving Nigeria money is due to our corrupt leaders and corrupt nature.
It is now well known that Nigeria is a joke. They view our leaders as monkeys running a pariah state. Nigeria will not be taken seriously by the international community unless we act fast.
Ask yourself; if the US gives us $35million, how much do you think wI'll end up in private hands.
Naija ain't fooling anybody anymore.
Leave patriotism out of this,was it because of corruption they refused to sell weapons to us,was it corruption that made them halt isreal from selling arms to us,was it corruption that made them criticised russia for selling arms to us.
You can tell me corruption is one of the reasons but not the MAIN reason,instead they sent weapons to Isreal to kill innocent Palestines.
Re: US Offers France $35 Million To Fight Boko Haram, Exclude Nigeria by ohenhen1: 9:10am On May 04, 2015
Nigeria has spent over a $1 billion in military hardware over the last 12 months and have a $1 billion dollar credit line with Russia to buy weapons. What is $35 million?

NEMA budget is 10 times of that. BTW the US have already donated money for the reconstructions of schools in the North.

I don't understand why this is news.

We don't need the US help to fight Boko Haram.
Re: US Offers France $35 Million To Fight Boko Haram, Exclude Nigeria by ohenhen1: 9:13am On May 04, 2015
lucianohase:

You are right, the US don't care about corruption or gay rights or human rights. As long as you are important to them they will look the other way like they are doing right now in Israel, Saudi Arabia and Egypt and Afghanistan. Nigeria is no longer important to the US. They no longer buy our oil. They see China influence growing on the continent.

1 Like

Re: US Offers France $35 Million To Fight Boko Haram, Exclude Nigeria by repogirl(f): 9:14am On May 04, 2015
Niger and Chad had better beware of wolves in sheep clothing. Those guys don't give something with out asking to receive it back in ten fold.
Re: US Offers France $35 Million To Fight Boko Haram, Exclude Nigeria by kayalla(f): 11:56am On May 04, 2015
wisemany2k:
- Chad entering Nigeria territory to fight terrorist without consulting our President
- SA making a public shame of our foreign/defence ministry by seizing our money meant for purchasing weapons
- SA refuse to acknowledge the "big brother" role Nigeria played in the fight against apartheid in SA rather, they recognize countries like UK and Ghana
- now, US govt don't even give credit to Nigeria's ongoing effort against BH

Dear Lord, I was born into a great Nation!!! May my eyes see the rise of that once great Nation within the next 4years; and may my children experience a very great Nigeria where Europeans and Americans will struggle to get our VISA and permanent resident card in Jesus name, Amen

if only our govt will get brain and know that we re on our own and try to do things differently, just a lil bit, Nigeria will rise again. usa always we cannot do without them but we can actually just that we have selfish leaders.
naming sheakau on of 100 most influential men, wat does that say, they re praising him sort of saying he should go on with his good works.
but our God will disappoint obama
Re: US Offers France $35 Million To Fight Boko Haram, Exclude Nigeria by frankson1(m): 12:03pm On May 04, 2015
hardbody:

I hear you loud and clear. Now please tell me why America will not sell armaments to us in a supposedly free market and still went ahead to truncate Israeli's desire to sell to us? How does it really concern them when its not like they are giving us cash that could be squandered. Bros follow world politics and you will get the drift.

About the arms deal, I guess their thinking was that the Nigerian govt.might use it during the general elections because it was close. The timing was wrong.
Re: US Offers France $35 Million To Fight Boko Haram, Exclude Nigeria by Nobody: 1:55pm On May 04, 2015
kayalla:

if only our govt will get brain and know that we re on our own and try to do things differently, just a lil bit, Nigeria will rise again. usa always we cannot do without them but we can actually just that we have selfish leaders.
naming sheakau on of 100 most influential men, wat does that say, they re praising him sort of saying he should go on with his good works.
but our God will disappoint obama

Talking about d us govt is for another day.... 1st, we need seasoned diplomats that know what governance is all about....not a buttlicker that would make 170million Nigerians look like plagues anytime they travel out of Nigeria.
Re: US Offers France $35 Million To Fight Boko Haram, Exclude Nigeria by Nobody: 2:04pm On May 04, 2015
If what you are hearing about Boko Hara doesnt make sense, that is because we are being deceived .

How can America be paying money to France to fight Boko Haram instead of Nigeria?

America and France has begun breaking up Northern Nigeria using the smokescreen "fighting Boko Haram" and all their genocide murder and collateral damage are reported as atrocities of terrorist Boko Haram not mentioning that America owns Boko Haram and commands them together with France.
Dnarvaez:
When will this Boko-Haram plague be completely wiped out from this country and others?
I am sick and tired of these hide-and-seek games. The muslims - which are no doubt the Boko-Harams - should surrender in unison to the government to end all these ish of insurgents for once. Game`s over! The moment of truth has come!
Re: US Offers France $35 Million To Fight Boko Haram, Exclude Nigeria by Nobody: 2:13pm On May 04, 2015
GenBuhari:
If what you are hearing about Boko Hara doesnt make sense, that is because we are being deceived .

How can America be paying money to France to fight Boko Haram instead of Nigeria
What are you insinuating?
Perharps, they know that Nigerians are the cause of their current predicament/misfortune.
Re: US Offers France $35 Million To Fight Boko Haram, Exclude Nigeria by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 04, 2015
America and France has begun breaking up Northern Nigeria using the smokescreen "fighting Boko Haram" and all their genocide murder and collateral damage are reported as atrocities of terrorist Boko Haram not mentioning that America owns Boko Haram and commands them together with France.

Boko Haram are nothing to do with Islam they are thugs (Chadian troops etc.) funded by America to destablise and give America excuse to break up Nigeria.
Re: US Offers France $35 Million To Fight Boko Haram, Exclude Nigeria by Daykoozy(m): 3:36pm On May 04, 2015
bro4u:

Leave patriotism out of this,was it because of corruption they refused to sell weapons to us,was it corruption that made them halt isreal from selling arms to us,was it corruption that made them criticised russia for selling arms to us.
You can tell me corruption is one of the reasons but not the MAIN reason,instead they sent weapons to Isreal to kill innocent Palestines.
Yes and yes. Naija is a failed state.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Protests Against Coup In Sudan As Military Seizes Power (Photos) / Chanting 'Jihad' Is Threat To British Democracy — UK PM, Reacts To Protest / Andrew Tate And Brother Tristan Arrested In Romania On UK Warrant.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.