Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:34 AM

Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User (30461 Views)

Photo Of A Baby Born With Teeth - Twitter User / Man's Lips Swollen After MouthAction With A Lady - Facebook User (Photo) / Eye Care: What You Must Never Do To Contact Lens- Experts Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by godG: 6:56pm On May 03, 2015
Also shortsighted. I tried doing without my glasses most times only to fall back to them. Sad. But we have to live with it.

1 Like

Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by Metrofox(m): 6:56pm On May 03, 2015
debola23:
I feel you my brother. Been wearing glasses since I was in pry 5. Was 8yrs then. 24yrs later amd I am still going stromg with it. I am a gyal though and people think me automatically brainy cos I wear glasses...yimu yimu....
Downside is that I have these perm lines on d sides of my face where d glasses handle rests. Then my nose aches most times.
I look ok when in Jeans but imagine adorning medicated glasses when trying to go out on a date in ur sexy gown. It just doesnt work right.
Dont even talk about contacts...I am.not that careful and I fear I maynot be able to keep d contacts safe. Plus I like whats left of my eyes and cant fathom d idea of chooking somethin inside my eye everyday.
those lines indicate your frame is too tight.. try a good frame that fits, something classy too.. anybody can look good on glasses

1 Like

Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by Nobody: 6:57pm On May 03, 2015
jhidey08:
u use it all the time? Which eye problem r u suffering from??
Short-sightedness. I try not to use it all the time but it's hard to do without it. Do you use glasses?
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by rexbuton: 6:59pm On May 03, 2015
lomomike:

I am astigmatic on one eye and short sighted on the other. I understand how you feel because I passed thru that phase. However, Mike is stubborn and he ditched his glasses by faith. I use my eyes well these days I drive without glasses, read without them, do my CAD designs, Nairaland and other online activities without them, I visit sites without them. I have faith you'll ditch your '2nd pair of eyes'

you're saying this because you have low myopia and myopic astig.. if your myopia was 3.00D and above, you no go fit see past your windshield.. or if you were a hyperope, you would forever have headaches that only your glasses would solve

1 Like

Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by Metrofox(m): 7:01pm On May 03, 2015
sugarcoatted:

I use -18 lens. Been using glasses sinz i was in primary skul. I'm kinda used to it now. I c no rizn y any1 shuld feel intimidated or less important just cos he/she wears glasses. The only thing i find annoyn about mine is dt my len is so thick.
You can always get ultra thin lenses... These are lenses made from materials of a higher refractive index so it doesn't need to be as thick to achieve same results.. Ask any optometrist close to u

1 Like

Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by movmentish(m): 7:01pm On May 03, 2015
After being intimidated and abused all the way to jss2, I had to make a choice to either stop using my glasses or continue, now I can't see well and all but no more intimidation and abuse.....

1 Like

Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by OgidiOlu3(m): 7:02pm On May 03, 2015
aimuan:
i understand ur predicament. Buy if only u will listen to me.i suffer far more than dis ur case, at a time my optician couldnt even offer any help, I was told I had to manage d little vision I had left and thats was after goin for eye surgery twice.but I got back my complet vision with use of adult stem cell, which helped to rebulid my already demaged eye.right now I can wright,watch TV,look out computer without problem.do you live in lagos?
If what you say is true, I think I'll like to meet you. I am short sighted too and my lens' power is -6. I think it's getting worse tho cause i use it most of the time. I dont like wearing it but i dont feel comfortable not doing so either. I wanted to get contacts but my ophthalmologist warned me against it. I need a miracle.
On the good side tho, I dnt av a problem with kissing cause i remove my glasses any time I sense a kiss is looming grin. I get a lot of attention too wink

1 Like

Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by rexbuton: 7:02pm On May 03, 2015
billy187:
Hey there Op! 'Optometrist' here. grin Have you considered Orthokeratology? It improves your vision through the use of a therapeutic contact lens you wear only at night- the contact reshapes your cornea so you don't need glasses or contacts throughout the day. And its reversible!

baba optom. hailings ooo!! how the pp and outreaches dey go?
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by Metrofox(m): 7:02pm On May 03, 2015
obaty:
I thought you were going to talk about the frequent headache you get, not most of this which seems to be the benefits. Well glasses make people look smarter , gentle and lenient which is a turn on for the opposite sex and it also gives your employer this feeling that you are hardworking

What type of lenses do you use? You ain't suppose to have headaches with your prescription unless it's the wrong one..
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by airlord2020: 7:03pm On May 03, 2015
Don't let use of glasses weigh you down. I have been using glasses for over 3 decades and I see it as my second pair of eyes. I don't let it affect my life so don't let it affect yours.

2 Likes

Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by obaty(f): 7:04pm On May 03, 2015
amokeme:
actually I feel the headache only when am not wearing them... I only remove my glasses whn i want to take pictures, bathe or sleep (sometimes i sleep off with them on) embarassed
i feel it when I'm wearing them and there is always this constant heaviness around my nose.
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by ehisdan(m): 7:04pm On May 03, 2015
What you all have said is true. I can't watch tv without glasses. I remember watching a match in a viewing centre without my glasses, i thought staying in front would give me and edge only for me to be shouting on and abusing mikel when he is not even on the field of play. Taking Ramires to be mikel and always jump up for goal when the ball is over the bar. When ever i remove my glasses my eyes will be red like some one who high shisha and solution coupled with headache. I don taya jare.

1 Like

Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by Nobody: 7:05pm On May 03, 2015
Metrofox:

What type of lenses do you use? You ain't suppose to have headaches with your prescription unless it's the wrong one..

But in my case I still had headaches. Aches on the bridge between my eyes (not caused by the seat of the glass), also headache ran thru my forehead from the eye ridge and behind my ears.
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by obaty(f): 7:07pm On May 03, 2015
rexbuton:

I just started using them, the doctor said its normal for beginners
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by Nobody: 7:08pm On May 03, 2015
I am myopic and I've finally given in to wearing mine embarassed

Well! At least it's cute and I still love me kiss

@op forget tho! Glasses are cool cool just stay cool Yourself and blend in with your glasses, see it as an extension of you smiley
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by major466(m): 7:08pm On May 03, 2015
Am also shortsighted. But ma glasses look great on me.
For me the major downside of prolong wearing of medicated glasses is that it makes me feel sleepy when watching movies. Ma eyes feel kinda chocked by the bright light eminating from the tv screen.

1 Like

Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by brushstrokes(f): 7:09pm On May 03, 2015
nedu2000:
I've worn glasses for well over a decade,it started with 3 diopter of short-sightedness(-3)from which it got worse (-6) by 1999,it has remained so ever since.It hasn't been easy and I sure would like to see the world in HD in my lifetime and not this'. 'NTA' standard my eyes offer.
My Perils include:

1)SPORTING DRAWBACK: if you think zinedine Zidane,Eden Hazard,leo Messi are the most creative footballers then you've never seen me play,but with my eyesight I had to cool down on my football career.Infact in my University days I rarely get chosen in teams sad

2)ROMANTIC DRAWBACKS: There were times a got a 'moment' with some hot chics and as I was closing in for a french kiss my glasses sets up a awkward moment instead and my chance is gone! The glasses also give me this "he's cute but he's not man enough since he wears glasses!!" from girls.

3 )DOMESTIC/EVERYDAY CHALLENGES: I can't fall asleep swiftly without looking for a means to drop my glasses somewhere,if I use contacts my sparkling eyes turn red the next day,if it's raining/foggy my glasses becomes completely misty and unlike windshields,spectacles don't come with wipers sad

4)MISCELLAENOUS: job opportunities-i studied civil engineer but I have fewer opportunities to prove myself as a good site engineer due to stereotypes

* intimidation- I was driving around Orile in Lagos when one lanky dude tried extorting money from me,merely because he felt I was weak/gentle not until I broke his nose did he realise I wasn't weak, had to spend N2500 on his treatment sad

Nairalanders please is there any sort cure for shortsightedness? I heard of many side-effects in relation to the laser option!

Number 2.... embarassed cry
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by rexbuton: 7:11pm On May 03, 2015
OgidiOlu3:

If what you say is true, I think I'll like to meet you. I am short sighted too and my lens' power is -6. I think it's getting worse tho cause i use it most of the time. I dont like wearing it but i dont feel comfortable not doing so either. I wanted to get contacts but my ophthalmologist warned me against it. I need a miracle.
On the good side tho, I dnt av a problem with kissing cause i remove my glasses any time I sense a kiss is looming grin. I get a lot of attention too wink

your ophthalmologist is wrong.. contact lenses are better for higher powers such as yours.. moving the CL to the corneal plane would reduce the convergence effect of the high minus on the visual system..
secondly, contact lenses would be more suitable if the powers are different with up to -1.50DS or contains cylinder power of up to -1.25DC, as the CL would reduce the chances of different image sizes in both eyes(anisometropia).. summary be say, CL is better for you.. go and get one from a reliable practitioner

1 Like

Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by dollarlander: 7:12pm On May 03, 2015
nedu2000:
I've worn glasses for well over a decade,it started with 3 diopter of short-sightedness(-3)from which it got worse (-6) by 1999,it has remained so ever since.It hasn't been easy and I sure would like to see the world in HD in my lifetime and not this'. 'NTA' standard my eyes offer.
My Perils include:

1)SPORTING DRAWBACK: if you think zinedine Zidane,Eden Hazard,leo Messi are the most creative footballers then you've never seen me play,but with my eyesight I had to cool down on my football career.Infact in my University days I rarely get chosen in teams sad

2)ROMANTIC DRAWBACKS: There were times a got a 'moment' with some hot chics and as I was closing in for a french kiss my glasses sets up a awkward moment instead and my chance is gone! The glasses also give me this "he's cute but he's not man enough since he wears glasses!!" from girls.

3 )DOMESTIC/EVERYDAY CHALLENGES: I can't fall asleep swiftly without looking for a means to drop my glasses somewhere,if I use contacts my sparkling eyes turn red the next day,if it's raining/foggy my glasses becomes completely misty and unlike windshields,spectacles don't come with wipers sad

4)MISCELLAENOUS: job opportunities-i studied civil engineer but I have fewer opportunities to prove myself as a good site engineer due to stereotypes

* intimidation- I was driving around Orile in Lagos when one lanky dude tried extorting money from me,merely because he felt I was weak/gentle not until I broke his nose did he realise I wasn't weak, had to spend N2500 on his treatment sad

Nairalanders please is there any sort cure for shortsightedness? I heard of many side-effects in relation to the laser option!

Bros, go to ago iwoye in Ogun state. There's a Catholic church establishment that has state of the earth facilities for rues treatment. It has been there since 70s and Catholic church has been funding the facilities to the latest obtainable any where.

The issue is that few Nigerians know about it.

God leads you and take you out of this partial blindness.
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by obaty(f): 7:13pm On May 03, 2015
Metrofox:

I jst got them, the doctor said it is normal for beginners
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by creamynuela88: 7:16pm On May 03, 2015
How can u wear glasses to kiss a babe?? Are u a learner?? Abi u can't even locate d lips without glasses? Then ur case is blindness oh grin
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by Bollinger(m): 7:16pm On May 03, 2015
nedu2000:
My Perils include:

I can't believe i have to explain this;

Point 1. Ever heard of Lasik or PRK?

Point 2. Seriously? you missed a romantic moment because of glasses. If you have to wear glasses to kiss a lady then you are blind.

Point 3. You probably bought your glasses under the bridge at ojuelegba. Prescribed glasses meant for only you should not be uncomfortable. I wear glasses, so i know.

Point 4. Now i know this is MOD story. It's all made up.

Point 5. More confirmation that it's a MOD story.

1 Like

Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by rexbuton: 7:17pm On May 03, 2015
dollarlander:

Bros, go to ago iwoye in Ogun state. There's a Catholic church establishment that has state of the earth facilities for rues treatment. It has been there since 70s and Catholic church has been funding the facilities to the latest obtainable any where.

The issue is that few Nigerians know about it.

God leads you and take you out of this partial blindness.

what exactly do they do there?
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by bro4u: 7:18pm On May 03, 2015
ProfEinstein:
Where did u keep your brain
dnt knw buh i think ur dad borrowed it from me tryin to fix d past cos he is so obsessed with life
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by justanotherme: 7:20pm On May 03, 2015
Op : You didn't talk about the part where you step into an exam hall and everyone feels you have all the answers to the question asked.

Mehn na so lecturer carry me go put for one hall with carry over engineering students (Fluid mechanics) , them nearly tear my paper feeling I had all the answers because I wore glasses. Only God know how many fail that day :O

One nice thing about the glasses , we are never picked as suspects in crime scenes :-D

2 Likes

Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by aimuan(m): 7:26pm On May 03, 2015
OgidiOlu3:

I have no reason to tell lies.this are my whatsap numbers +233572748276 and +233 24 358 1271

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by Emenahagos02(m): 7:27pm On May 03, 2015
Well d only -ve experience am having abt my glasses is, whenever I decide not to put it on,friend do pass me by cuz they can't recognise me without my glasses on.
It made me look like a geek tho
justanotherme:
Op : You didn't talk about the part where you step into an exam hall and everyone feels you have all the answers to the question asked.
Mehn na so lecturer carry me go put for one hall with carry over engineering students (Fluid mechanics) , them nearly tear my paper feeling I had all the answers because I wore glasses. Only God know how many fail that day :O
One nice thing about the glasses , we are never picked as suspects in crime scenes :-D
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by billy187(m): 7:29pm On May 03, 2015
rexbuton:

boss!! edey go well oo!! grin
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by justanotherme: 7:31pm On May 03, 2015
Emenahagos02:
Well d only -ve experience am having abt my glasses is, whenever I decide not to put it on,friend do pass me by cuz they can't recognise me without my glasses on.
It made me look like a geek tho

That's true glasses gives you a total different look
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by Emenahagos02(m): 7:36pm On May 03, 2015
So for now am using a brown and grey contact lens to help me feel me cuz I feel violated when my own friends pass me like am invisible.
justanotherme:

That's true glasses gives you a total different look
Re: Lamentations Of A Glasses/contact Lens User by billy187(m): 7:38pm On May 03, 2015
lomomike:

Oh so you're a medic and your trying to rub grease and engine oil on your robes? cheesy

Wow... good one bro.

You need to see the head splitting headache I normally get when I still used my glasses.
The headache was in the bridge between my eyes and right from there it runs up thru my forehead and also behind my ear. It was huge punishment plus constant watering of my eyes then.

The engine grease just wont rub out : no matter how hard i try! grin

Anyways....

Does the headache go as soon as you remove the glasses?

Where did you get your glasses? How long have you been wearing them?

Looks like there might be an error in your prescription- spectacles arent supposed to come with headaches.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Court Lifts Ban On Abalaka's HIV Vaccines / Couple Needs N4.7million From Philanthropists To Treat Their Son / Lassa Fever: Symptoms, Prevention And Treatment By WHO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.