Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,457 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

Concluding Episode - Now That You Are Here; A Tale Of Deception And Betrayal - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Concluding Episode - Now That You Are Here; A Tale Of Deception And Betrayal (495 Views)

DAYO'S ANGEL( Love, Lust And Betrayal) / United In Betrayal / IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Concluding Episode - Now That You Are Here; A Tale Of Deception And Betrayal by Abisoyee(m): 11:13am On May 04, 2015
http://akinwrites..com/2015/05/concluding-episode-17-now-that-you-are.html

[Excerpt from Episode 16: He wasn’t just a cheat anymore, he was now a murderer. He knew it was going to be only a matter of time before the police would find him even if he ran and he was too weak to run. He couldn’t face the world, he couldn’t face the condemnation and with that he got out of the car and headed back towards the house. There was only one thing for him to do and he was going to do it.] To read episode 16: visit www.akinwrites..com

He walked into the room and looked around him; everything was still the same way it was when he had dashed out in a hurry. His eyes went to Damilola’s lifeless body lying on the floor and for a second he cast his eyes down as the tears threatened to spill. He swallowed involuntary as he moved towards it and turned her over. The body was beginning to grow cold and he pressed his face into her still heart as he wished he had not come over. He allowed the tears flow then as he cried into her and wished that she would stir in his arms and smile at him in that her special way and tell him she had been teasing him but he knew she was gone.

After he had allowed himself cry, he stood up and hefted the body onto his shoulder like a labourer would carry a bag of cement and carried her to his car. He opened the door to the passenger’s seat and propped her against the chair. The body flopped forward lifelessly and he had to quickly strap the seat belt to it to keep it in place. He closed her unseeing eyes to give her the look of one fast asleep before getting into the driver’s seat and driving out of the compound.

His heart beat heavily and rapidly in his chest as he drove towards the Third Mainland Bridge and even as he drove, he sneaked peeks at her as if he expected her to burst into laughter or say something. As he climbed the bridge from Adekunle bus-stop, he increased the car speed and said a silent prayer of thanks to the heavens for it being night. The probability of getting rescued was slim and that was just the way he wanted it. As he sped at top speed, John Legend’s “All of Me” filled the interior of the car and he wished he had given his all to just one person. He wouldn’t have been in this mess then. As he sped towards the water, he closed his eyes and took his hands of the steering wheel. It happened in a split second; the car hit concrete and was sent flying into the air as it flipped over. He heard the splintering of glass and crunching metal and for a split second he opened his eyes and looked at the other passenger in the car before he heard the thud of the car hitting the water and then there was darkness.
**********†**************************************
Anu looked about her with unseeing eyes as she sat in her best friend’s room trying to clear out the room. It was a month since the death of Muyiwa and Damilola but Anu was still grieving. She had lost consciousness when she had first been told the news of the accident and when she came to again, she had wept inconsolably refusing to touch food or water and had had to be sedated.

The task of clearing out Damilola’s apartment had fallen to her and as she sat in the once happy room, she wallowed in her grief again and wept bitterly. Halima had left the country about two weeks after and had not even bothered to attend the funerals. Anu wiped her eyes as she stood up and tried to get herself together but the pain was too raw and she collapsed back on the bed and screamed like one in agony. Her husband Tunji rushed into the room and her scooped her into his arms like a baby as he consoled her

“Hush baby, hush. It’s going to be alright, I told you already, you don’t have to do this just yet. Damilola won’t want you so torn apart like this. We all miss her hunnay, we all do.” Anu’s tears became louder as she sobbed

“I should have done something Tunji, I should have done something earlier to save her. She was on self destruct and I let her. It’s all my fault, I can’t believe I watched her die. I want her back Tunji, I want her back, please just let her come back.”

Tunji’s heart broke to see his wife blame herself for something that was clearly beyond her helping. He grated his teeth together in anger at Muyiwa, only if that son of a bitch was not dead already, I would have strangled the life out of him myself he thought to himself. He carried his wife out of the room and closed the door behind him and as he turned the key in the lock, he vowed that was the last time they were ever coming back there.

THE END

Keep updated, follow on Twitter and Instagram with @iamposhkid. If you care to write for us or advertise with us, check the "Write for Us" or "Advertise With Us" pages under categories menu. You can also join other readers by subscribing to Akin's Corner BBM Channel for instant updates. Simply search for "Akin's Corner" or with pin: C00396EEB

(1) (Reply)

What Do Women Want? / The Friendly Enemy / Episode:4 Behind The Shade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.