Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

Obi Okeke Sold 39 Cars To Floyd Mayweather - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Obi Okeke Sold 39 Cars To Floyd Mayweather (76681 Views)

4 Best Cars To Use For Uber Business / Abuja Residents Auction Exotic Cars To Raise Cash / Meet Obi Okeke, Nigerian Who Provides Floyd Mayweather With His Luxury Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obi Okeke Sold 39 Cars To Floyd Mayweather by Nobody: 9:03am On May 05, 2015
He is not the owner of gatwick, Gip as consortium owns 42% stake which he is part of, coming here to say that he owns gatwick is stupidity
scarr:

Mofo this is also from the website! If u ask nicely I'll give u d link since ure too stooopid to look for it .
Comparing Executive management with Ownership...any sane person dat did economics in high school knows d diff
These are the owners of GIP
Partners

Adebayo Ogunlesi
Chairman & Managing Partner
Former Global Head of Investment Banking; Head of Global Energy, Credit Suisse
Matthew Harris
Energy & Water/Waste focus
Former Co-Head of Global Energy; Head of EMEA Emerging Markets, Credit Suisse
William Woodburn
Operating Partner
Water focus
Former President & CEO, GE Infrastructure
Joseph Blum
General Counsel & Chief Compliance Officer
Former Partner, Latham & Watkins
Jonathan Bram
Power focus
Former Co-Head of Global Industrials & Services; COO Investment Banking, Credit Suisse
Scott Hatton
Operating Partner, CFO of Portfolio Operations
Formerly with GE / Honeywell; CFO, Sypris Solutions
Michael McGhee
Transport focus
Former Head of Global Transportation & Logistics, Credit Suisse
Mehrdad Noorani
Transport focus
Former MD, Credit Suisse; Head of Airport Finance, GE
Gary Pritchard
Operating Partner
Former VP & GM, GE Plastics; SABIC
Raj Rao
Energy & Water/Waste focus
Former Director, Credit Suisse
Salim Samaha
Energy focus
Former VP, Credit Suisse
Employee Login Legal LP Access  →
Re: Obi Okeke Sold 39 Cars To Floyd Mayweather by Twistaray(m): 9:06am On May 05, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
http://www.gatwickairport.com/business-community/about-gatwick/ownership-management/ so the video is a better source than the website that contains both the owners and the mngement team? Why are my yoruba brothers like this?

grin grin

Guy you funny die oo

Do you think such a man with integrity and wealth would come on live TV program to lie about his ownership of the airport?

He's the chairman and the link/video I provided proved that.

His name or details doesn't have to be listed on the airport Web to prove that.
Picture/video don't lie abeggiiii

Once again provide us the name of the airport chairman on the Web to dispute these video or...accept defeat.
C'on you can get over these nah grin

1 Like

Re: Obi Okeke Sold 39 Cars To Floyd Mayweather by Nobody: 9:09am On May 05, 2015
He is not the owner young man, he is part of the team that owns the majority stake
Twistaray:

grin grin

Guy you funny die oo

Do you think such a man with integrity and wealth would come on live TV program to lie about his ownership of the airport?

Once again provide us the name of the airport chairman on the Web to dispute these video or...accept defeat.
Re: Obi Okeke Sold 39 Cars To Floyd Mayweather by Twistaray(m): 9:16am On May 05, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
He is not the owner young man, he is part of the team that owns the majority stake

You should watch that /need to watch that video dude.

..and now all of a sudden he's now part of the team,which you've denied him from on the onset?
All of a sudden his name came up,he's now part of the team,which you've denied him from your precious links?

Dude, abeg watch that video. Eh en
Mission accomplished grin

1 Like

Re: Obi Okeke Sold 39 Cars To Floyd Mayweather by Nobody: 9:26am On May 05, 2015
You told me that he owns gatwick which I mentained that he doesn't even till this moment , he is not the owner, gatwick is owned by consortiums which gip owns majority stake
Twistaray:

..and now all of a sudden he's now part of the team,which you've denied him from on the onset?
All of a sudden his name came up,he's now part of the team,which you've denied him from your precious links?

Re: Obi Okeke Sold 39 Cars To Floyd Mayweather by Twistaray(m): 9:30am On May 05, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
You told me that he owns gatwick which I mentained that he doesn't even till this moment , he is not the owner, gatwick is owned by consortiums which gip owns majority stake

Let's rate his shares,percentage of his share among others and on individual basis?

Once again...? you need to watch the video I provided.

Well point made.
Halla grin

1 Like

Re: Obi Okeke Sold 39 Cars To Floyd Mayweather by JoeCutie(m): 9:53am On May 05, 2015
KingTom:
Morning sir, honestly I pity him because those egging him on to keep spending foolishly, would desert him once he is declared bankrupt! And with the way he is going 39 ways!!! Hmmmmmm he retires in September abi? Ok that means the bankruptcy may be sooner than I expected grin grin grin
Chai! E be like say you get long standing beef with this guy sha. grin

3 Likes

Re: Obi Okeke Sold 39 Cars To Floyd Mayweather by Nobody: 9:59am On May 05, 2015
grin oya now rate the shares and come back to me
Twistaray:

Let's rate his shares,percentage of his share among others and on individual basis?

Once again...? you need to watch the video I provided.

Well point made.
Halla grin
Re: Obi Okeke Sold 39 Cars To Floyd Mayweather by 0ldirtybastard(m): 10:10am On May 05, 2015
Twistaray:

grin

Chestbeating at its altitude. Must you drag yoruba tribe into this?

Are yeeboo the only tribe doing well outside nigeria?
Life isn't all about money and wealth...
Stop this jealousy yoruba are proud of their culture and our culture/language is going places/taking over the world. grin

certainly on the generation NEXXXT train. Born in Washington, DC, Ayinde grew up in a home where his parents played King Sunny Ade, Fela, Kollington e.t.c non-stop. His nickname used to be Koko. Try being called KOKO among your peers in school, in America when you are tall, lanky, very dark with features that at that time did not seem appealing. Kids can be so cruel. King Sunny Ade’s song that mentioned the name Ayinde got him to appreciate his name even more. So one day, Ayinde came home and told his mother he wanted to be called Ayinde and nothing else from then on. It stuck and he embraced his name. He started out in life wanting to be a fireman: a career that symbolizes great service, pure trust and selflessness in America. Who would have imagined he would be a part of this new digital generation putting Africa, Nigeria on the map.
A graduate of Juniata College in Huntingdon, PA with a degree in Public Administration and Marketing, Ayinde Alakoye is an avid athlete that played professional volleyball for years and built a name for himself in that world. He is now however a member of the new generation of entrepreneurs. He has been in the TV and radio industry in the United States for most of his career doing sales, management and more. Ayinde Alakoye is the CEO and Co-founder of Hitch Radio, Inc. Hitch Radio is a social network built upon real-time broadcast radio search. You type in what you want to hear and Hitch Radio searches their network of over 33,000 radio stations in real-time to find what stations are playing what you want to hear right now. Once you find a station, you can hitch-a-ride and listen to that song or artist and then discover what plays next. Hitch Radio is currently in its beta stage and will be launching very soon.
Not only is he in the forefront of the NEXXXT Generation, Ayinde is also a former speech writer for President Barack Obama and an on-going advisor to the White House. Ayinde was amplified when he was one of the millionaire bachelors to be a part of the Bravo TV reality show “The Millionaire Matchmaker.”. He was the audience favorite on the 2010 season of the hit show. Feel free to go to youtube.com and put in search words “Ayinde on millionaire matchmaker.”
This handsome and single (yes, single as of today) entrepreneur Ayinde will be in Nigeria for the first time this fall. I expect he will enjoy himself immensely. When asked why he was single he said “I’ve been told that I need an African woman.” We present to you Mr. Ayinde Alakoye.
How did the idea of Hitch Radio become a part of you?
Like any good invention, Hitch Radio kind of happened by accident. It was 2007, and we were analyzing the market after shutting the doors on a precursor wireless radio technology that was getting copycatted everywhere. So, we started brainstorming around the question, “what can we create from all of our knowledge about radio (and the growing demand) that would really be of value to the consumer and stand out?” We came up with the idea of real-time search; basically, we thought it would be cool to add a Google search box on to our technology. Then in 2009, we asked, “What if we made all of this social, too? So that people who were searching for music could see who else was searching for the same thing and listen live with their friends as their song is streaming.”
When did you realize what affect Hitch Radio could have on people and how different has that initial thought changed since conception of the idea?
I had a Nigerian friend of mine tell me, “Ayinde! I listen to God every day on Hitch!” I was like, what do you mean? He told me, he types in “God” or “Jesus” everyday to find sermons being streamed from all over the world. When he told me this, it really sunk in that Hitch Radio was bigger than me. Bigger than anything I could have ever imagined. I had never thought of using the technology like this and it showed me that everyone can create their own experience with Hitch Radio. That’s powerful!
How do you incorporate Social Media into Hitch Radio and what new media innovations should we expect from Hitch Radio?
Never before have you been able to see radio listeners before. The internet makes it possible to take the blinders off and, if you choose, to meet other people who have the same musical taste that you have.
For example, if you try to find-a-ride from Lagos with a music request and someone else tries to find-a-ride from Nairobi, you both can end up hitching-a-ride on the same King Sunny Ade song at the same moment on the same radio station. This is a strong, organic connection. It’s not manufactured. It’s a real connection that two people (or more) share and we want to see what can come of these connections.
One of the other things that Hitch Radio allows you to do is to know exactly what is going to play on the radio. The radio used to be a mystery box of sorts. You never knew when or where your favorites would play. Now, you know with Hitch Radio.
How have your skills and abilities in playing professional volleyball helped you in marketing your company?
I suppose you could characterize me as being “mild-mannered” until you see me on the volleyball court. I can be pretty fierce. I try to harness that aggressiveness when I am promoting my company. You have to earn your points on the court just like you do off the court. It doesn’t have to be hard, but it does require a concentrated effort.
Do you find that being on Bravo TV’s Millionaire Matchmaker has helped you with Hitch Radio or has it all just been publicity?
I think it has helped in a way that I couldn’t have expected. I think when I say, we have 33,000 radio stations to listen to on Hitch Radio, people pay attention. They don’t think its science fiction something made up. They understand that Hitch Radio is in position to be very big. The show definitely helped with that.
As a man of Nigerian Heritage, what “Nigerian” skill or abilities would you say you have utilized that help put you and your brand ahead of the curve?
I am very proud of my Nigerian heritage even though, like many Americans, it is not simple. My parents were both “American.” My father, who passed in 1980, was born in New York City and my mother Philadelphia. When my parents met in NY in the 60’s, during the latter part of the civil rights movement, my father’s ideas were considered very radical. Though most were stressing an unconnected “Black America” my father taught and published poems about our rich African ancestry. I have been told that you would never see my father without a book in his hand as he studied the African Diaspora intensely. He and my mother eventually change their names and began to practice Yoruba to reconnect us to the culture that was taken from us. My father was named, Adesanya, and my mother, Amoke. When I was born, I was named in a traditional naming ceremony by a Yoruba priest, as well. Obviously, my name is very important to me because of the sacrifice my late father made culturally and economically to restore our heritage to us. So, I was pleased when we recently discovered a blood link to Nigeria through my mother’s mother’s side. I plan to do more research to know more specifics about our Nigerian blood line in the future. Perhaps, it’s that renegade quality that my father possessed that is still with me today. I am sure it is that same independent thinking that I have taken into Hitch Radio to keep us ahead of the curve. We can thank Ade for that.
You are one of the Advisors to President Barack Obama. Is there any advice you have applied to your business model that you have also shared with the Advisory team?
Make it personal. During the debate on Health Care, I was seeing that The White House had allowed the debate to get into the minutiae and off track with false characterizations like death panels. One of the things I counseled was to remind the American public that Barack’s own mother had died because of an inability to afford and manage proper healthcare. The president was in effect the poster child for Health Reform, but they were not using his story. We do the same thing with Hitch Radio. It’s not about music. You can get music anywhere! It’s about a personal connection you have with your friends when you post a ride you are on to Facebook or Twitter. It’s about the personal connection with the DJ you find in the UK that says something that makes you laugh. Radio is personal and Hitch Radio is as well.
Your professional background has mostly been in Entertainment: TV, Radio e.t.c . If you were not in the entertainment industry. What industry do you think would interest you and Why?
That’s easy. I would be in politics. I love politics, particularly shaping public opinion and have always wanted to help people. After college I worked on Capitol Hill for a little while. But, I realized that Washington, D.C. was broken in many ways. I felt like the people who were making the changes were the people who were not dependent on money they didn’t answer to anyone but their conscience because they were independently wealthy. So, I sought to be one of those people. Right now I hope I am helping people by making their lives a little easier with technology. And, ultimately, Hitch Radio can bring people together from all over the world and put more understanding in places that need it.
When should we look forward to your brand extending to other African Countries? Do you have any interest in business in Nigeria? Why or Why not?
We have always set out to be a global company with Hitch Radio. We want every radio listener in the world, particularly my brothers and sisters in Nigeria, to use Hitch Radio as a part of their daily routine because it will allow them to get the content they want faster, free and in a more enjoyable manor. Information is very important and the spoken word is very important particularly to African culture, so Hitch Radio must be big in Nigeria and all over the continent.
Many countries in Africa are now known as “Emerging Markets” Do you see Hitch Radio coming to be a part of this emergence?
Perhaps the most important thing to me is to do anything I can to be a part of the movement to restore Africa to its birthright of power and grace on the planet. I believe, as Africa goes, so goes the world. When we have a strong, stable and vibrant Africa, we will have a strong, stable and vibrant planet again.
If you could develop an ideal programming for a Nigerian version of Hitch Radio. What should we expect?
That’s really the beauty of Hitch Radio, it is universal in many ways. But, I do believe in customization and we would like to work with Nigerian product managers to see what, if anything, we have missed that will make Hitch Radio more personal to more Nigerians.
What do you do to get away from all the Entertainment and relax or rejuvenate?
In the morning, I play volleyball with a group of 10 or 12 guys who have all at one time or another played at the highest level of the sport. It is fun to get out there with them, scream and scramble for the ball, run and jump, and utterly finish exhausted after a great couple of hours rallying. When I am out there, I don’t have my blackberry, I am surrounded by sand, ocean and beautiful scenery. It’s heaven.
Name one single moment you recall in the past 9 months that has profoundly changed your thought process or your life?
I was meeting with one of my advisors about nine months ago exactly and she hit me on the head and told me that I was playing small. Other than the fact that she is a very charismatic woman, I don’t know why I chose to listen to her that moment, but I did. And from that moment on, things have been (and are continuing to) move at lightning speed with my company and me personally. It’s amazing what we can do when we open our eyes to all that we are.
What one word would you use to describe your drive and ambition and why?
Perseverance. I graduated from Juniata College and while I was there I played on their Division 1 volleyball squad. When I graduated my coach sent me a gift and on the card, which I still have today, he wrote, “Perseverance is your greatest strength.” I just looked at that card for the first time in 15-years the other day and had to shake my head. The same was true then as it is today. I don’t know how to quit. I keep charging ahead and I think doors open when you show the Universe that you are committed to your goals happening one way or the other no matter what.
What should we look forward to with Ayinde Alakoye as a brand and Hitch Radio?
There are a number of opportunities opening up for me right now. I am so grateful. I do not know how it will look, the How is all God, but I can tell you that it will be big, it will be global and more great things are coming through me!

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/10/i-am-very-proud-of-my-nigerian-heritage-—-ayinde-alakoye/

Stop beating your akpu chest grin

Idiiot.
Never again paste rubbish on a person's thread.
Re: Obi Okeke Sold 39 Cars To Floyd Mayweather by scarr: 10:12am On May 05, 2015
Twistaray:

grin grin

Guy you funny die oo

Shame of disappointing his ndigbo kinsmen won't allow him comport
Twistaray:

All of a sudden he would soon realise his mistakes but his apku chested pride won't allow him admit

3 Likes

Re: Obi Okeke Sold 39 Cars To Floyd Mayweather by scarr: 10:13am On May 05, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
cheesy once again, ur parents wasted money on ur education, do urself a favour and pick an ss1 economics textbook and read up about shares and ownership of a company....
Don't let d big words ure seeing confuse ur brain smiley

2 Likes

Re: Obi Okeke Sold 39 Cars To Floyd Mayweather by Nobody: 10:17am On May 05, 2015
What brought my parents into your stupidity?ewu okonkwo
scarr:

cheesy once again, ur parents wasted money on ur education, do urself a favour and pick an ss1 economics textbook and read up about shares and ownership of a company....
Don't let d big words ure seeing confuse ur brain smiley
I still mentain that he doesn't own gatwick aturu yolloba

1 Like

Re: Obi Okeke Sold 39 Cars To Floyd Mayweather by Twistaray(m): 10:20am On May 05, 2015
0ldirtybastard:

Idiiot.
Never again paste rubbish on a person's thread.

I know you are from that tribe(yeeboo)
Always out of control and extremely emotional.

Mod, seun. Et al. abeg make una do una job jare

Heheh heheh grin

Loool: your i.d has spoken,says it all.
Someone should please check the dude i.d.
No wonder oo grin

2 Likes

Re: Obi Okeke Sold 39 Cars To Floyd Mayweather by scarr: 10:21am On May 05, 2015
CaptainOjemba:
What brought my parents into your stupidity?ewu okonkwo I still mentain that he doesn't own gatwick aturu yolloba
Cos dey unfortunately brought u to lifeangry
And I still MAINTAIN that u don't have a point
Re: Obi Okeke Sold 39 Cars To Floyd Mayweather by Twistaray(m): 10:25am On May 05, 2015
scarr:

Shame of disappointing his ndigbo kinsmen won't allow him comport

All of a sudden he would soon realise his mistakes but his apku chested pride won't allow him admit

My brother I tire oo
I even went as far as pasting/up loading 2 videos link.

Why would such a man as wealthy and influential as he's show up on a UK TV live and claimed the ownership of the said airport if he wasn't sure?

I don tire for this people ooo grin

2 Likes

Re: Obi Okeke Sold 39 Cars To Floyd Mayweather by Nobody: 10:28am On May 05, 2015
U must be crazy in your head. Mgbada
scarr:

Cos dey unfortunately brought u to lifeangry
And I still MAINTAIN that u don't have a point
Re: Obi Okeke Sold 39 Cars To Floyd Mayweather by anigold(m): 10:32am On May 05, 2015
papaejima1:

http://www.autonews.com/article/20150429/RETAIL07/150429764/hes-sold-boxing-champ-floyd-mayweather-39-cars-and-counting

Yes news like this is encouraging not being executed for silly drug charges in Indonesia.
This shows one can still make money in a decent way.

Good Obi represent us well..
Re: Obi Okeke Sold 39 Cars To Floyd Mayweather by KingTom(m): 10:34am On May 05, 2015
JoeCutie:
Chai! E be like say you get long standing beef with this guy sha. grin
For wetin? Mayweather na my real guy, he is in one of my top 5 favourite boxers grin
Re: Obi Okeke Sold 39 Cars To Floyd Mayweather by anigold(m): 10:39am On May 05, 2015
Twistaray:

grin

Chestbeating at its altitude. Must you drag yoruba tribe into this?

Are yeeboo the only tribe doing well outside nigeria?
Life isn't all about money and wealth...
Stop this jealousy yoruba are proud of their culture and our culture/language is going places/taking over the world. grin

certainly on the generation NEXXXT train. Born in Washington, DC, Ayinde grew up in a home where his parents played King Sunny Ade, Fela, Kollington e.t.c non-stop. His nickname used to be Koko. Try being called KOKO among your peers in school, in America when you are tall, lanky, very dark with features that at that time did not seem appealing. Kids can be so cruel. King Sunny Ade’s song that mentioned the name Ayinde got him to appreciate his name even more. So one day, Ayinde came home and told his mother he wanted to be called Ayinde and nothing else from then on. It stuck and he embraced his name. He started out in life wanting to be a fireman: a career that symbolizes great service, pure trust and selflessness in America. Who would have imagined he would be a part of this new digital generation putting Africa, Nigeria on the map.
A graduate of Juniata College in Huntingdon, PA with a degree in Public Administration and Marketing, Ayinde Alakoye is an avid athlete that played professional volleyball for years and built a name for himself in that world. He is now however a member of the new generation of entrepreneurs. He has been in the TV and radio industry in the United States for most of his career doing sales, management and more. Ayinde Alakoye is the CEO and Co-founder of Hitch Radio, Inc. Hitch Radio is a social network built upon real-time broadcast radio search. You type in what you want to hear and Hitch Radio searches their network of over 33,000 radio stations in real-time to find what stations are playing what you want to hear right now. Once you find a station, you can hitch-a-ride and listen to that song or artist and then discover what plays next. Hitch Radio is currently in its beta stage and will be launching very soon.
Not only is he in the forefront of the NEXXXT Generation, Ayinde is also a former speech writer for President Barack Obama and an on-going advisor to the White House. Ayinde was amplified when he was one of the millionaire bachelors to be a part of the Bravo TV reality show “The Millionaire Matchmaker.”. He was the audience favorite on the 2010 season of the hit show. Feel free to go to youtube.com and put in search words “Ayinde on millionaire matchmaker.”
This handsome and single (yes, single as of today) entrepreneur Ayinde will be in Nigeria for the first time this fall. I expect he will enjoy himself immensely. When asked why he was single he said “I’ve been told that I need an African woman.” We present to you Mr. Ayinde Alakoye.
How did the idea of Hitch Radio become a part of you?
Like any good invention, Hitch Radio kind of happened by accident. It was 2007, and we were analyzing the market after shutting the doors on a precursor wireless radio technology that was getting copycatted everywhere. So, we started brainstorming around the question, “what can we create from all of our knowledge about radio (and the growing demand) that would really be of value to the consumer and stand out?” We came up with the idea of real-time search; basically, we thought it would be cool to add a Google search box on to our technology. Then in 2009, we asked, “What if we made all of this social, too? So that people who were searching for music could see who else was searching for the same thing and listen live with their friends as their song is streaming.”
When did you realize what affect Hitch Radio could have on people and how different has that initial thought changed since conception of the idea?
I had a Nigerian friend of mine tell me, “Ayinde! I listen to God every day on Hitch!” I was like, what do you mean? He told me, he types in “God” or “Jesus” everyday to find sermons being streamed from all over the world. When he told me this, it really sunk in that Hitch Radio was bigger than me. Bigger than anything I could have ever imagined. I had never thought of using the technology like this and it showed me that everyone can create their own experience with Hitch Radio. That’s powerful!
How do you incorporate Social Media into Hitch Radio and what new media innovations should we expect from Hitch Radio?
Never before have you been able to see radio listeners before. The internet makes it possible to take the blinders off and, if you choose, to meet other people who have the same musical taste that you have.
For example, if you try to find-a-ride from Lagos with a music request and someone else tries to find-a-ride from Nairobi, you both can end up hitching-a-ride on the same King Sunny Ade song at the same moment on the same radio station. This is a strong, organic connection. It’s not manufactured. It’s a real connection that two people (or more) share and we want to see what can come of these connections.
One of the other things that Hitch Radio allows you to do is to know exactly what is going to play on the radio. The radio used to be a mystery box of sorts. You never knew when or where your favorites would play. Now, you know with Hitch Radio.
How have your skills and abilities in playing professional volleyball helped you in marketing your company?
I suppose you could characterize me as being “mild-mannered” until you see me on the volleyball court. I can be pretty fierce. I try to harness that aggressiveness when I am promoting my company. You have to earn your points on the court just like you do off the court. It doesn’t have to be hard, but it does require a concentrated effort.
Do you find that being on Bravo TV’s Millionaire Matchmaker has helped you with Hitch Radio or has it all just been publicity?
I think it has helped in a way that I couldn’t have expected. I think when I say, we have 33,000 radio stations to listen to on Hitch Radio, people pay attention. They don’t think its science fiction something made up. They understand that Hitch Radio is in position to be very big. The show definitely helped with that.
As a man of Nigerian Heritage, what “Nigerian” skill or abilities would you say you have utilized that help put you and your brand ahead of the curve?
I am very proud of my Nigerian heritage even though, like many Americans, it is not simple. My parents were both “American.” My father, who passed in 1980, was born in New York City and my mother Philadelphia. When my parents met in NY in the 60’s, during the latter part of the civil rights movement, my father’s ideas were considered very radical. Though most were stressing an unconnected “Black America” my father taught and published poems about our rich African ancestry. I have been told that you would never see my father without a book in his hand as he studied the African Diaspora intensely. He and my mother eventually change their names and began to practice Yoruba to reconnect us to the culture that was taken from us. My father was named, Adesanya, and my mother, Amoke. When I was born, I was named in a traditional naming ceremony by a Yoruba priest, as well. Obviously, my name is very important to me because of the sacrifice my late father made culturally and economically to restore our heritage to us. So, I was pleased when we recently discovered a blood link to Nigeria through my mother’s mother’s side. I plan to do more research to know more specifics about our Nigerian blood line in the future. Perhaps, it’s that renegade quality that my father possessed that is still with me today. I am sure it is that same independent thinking that I have taken into Hitch Radio to keep us ahead of the curve. We can thank Ade for that.
You are one of the Advisors to President Barack Obama. Is there any advice you have applied to your business model that you have also shared with the Advisory team?
Make it personal. During the debate on Health Care, I was seeing that The White House had allowed the debate to get into the minutiae and off track with false characterizations like death panels. One of the things I counseled was to remind the American public that Barack’s own mother had died because of an inability to afford and manage proper healthcare. The president was in effect the poster child for Health Reform, but they were not using his story. We do the same thing with Hitch Radio. It’s not about music. You can get music anywhere! It’s about a personal connection you have with your friends when you post a ride you are on to Facebook or Twitter. It’s about the personal connection with the DJ you find in the UK that says something that makes you laugh. Radio is personal and Hitch Radio is as well.
Your professional background has mostly been in Entertainment: TV, Radio e.t.c . If you were not in the entertainment industry. What industry do you think would interest you and Why?
That’s easy. I would be in politics. I love politics, particularly shaping public opinion and have always wanted to help people. After college I worked on Capitol Hill for a little while. But, I realized that Washington, D.C. was broken in many ways. I felt like the people who were making the changes were the people who were not dependent on money they didn’t answer to anyone but their conscience because they were independently wealthy. So, I sought to be one of those people. Right now I hope I am helping people by making their lives a little easier with technology. And, ultimately, Hitch Radio can bring people together from all over the world and put more understanding in places that need it.
When should we look forward to your brand extending to other African Countries? Do you have any interest in business in Nigeria? Why or Why not?
We have always set out to be a global company with Hitch Radio. We want every radio listener in the world, particularly my brothers and sisters in Nigeria, to use Hitch Radio as a part of their daily routine because it will allow them to get the content they want faster, free and in a more enjoyable manor. Information is very important and the spoken word is very important particularly to African culture, so Hitch Radio must be big in Nigeria and all over the continent.
Many countries in Africa are now known as “Emerging Markets” Do you see Hitch Radio coming to be a part of this emergence?
Perhaps the most important thing to me is to do anything I can to be a part of the movement to restore Africa to its birthright of power and grace on the planet. I believe, as Africa goes, so goes the world. When we have a strong, stable and vibrant Africa, we will have a strong, stable and vibrant planet again.
If you could develop an ideal programming for a Nigerian version of Hitch Radio. What should we expect?
That’s really the beauty of Hitch Radio, it is universal in many ways. But, I do believe in customization and we would like to work with Nigerian product managers to see what, if anything, we have missed that will make Hitch Radio more personal to more Nigerians.
What do you do to get away from all the Entertainment and relax or rejuvenate?
In the morning, I play volleyball with a group of 10 or 12 guys who have all at one time or another played at the highest level of the sport. It is fun to get out there with them, scream and scramble for the ball, run and jump, and utterly finish exhausted after a great couple of hours rallying. When I am out there, I don’t have my blackberry, I am surrounded by sand, ocean and beautiful scenery. It’s heaven.
Name one single moment you recall in the past 9 months that has profoundly changed your thought process or your life?
I was meeting with one of my advisors about nine months ago exactly and she hit me on the head and told me that I was playing small. Other than the fact that she is a very charismatic woman, I don’t know why I chose to listen to her that moment, but I did. And from that moment on, things have been (and are continuing to) move at lightning speed with my company and me personally. It’s amazing what we can do when we open our eyes to all that we are.
What one word would you use to describe your drive and ambition and why?
Perseverance. I graduated from Juniata College and while I was there I played on their Division 1 volleyball squad. When I graduated my coach sent me a gift and on the card, which I still have today, he wrote, “Perseverance is your greatest strength.” I just looked at that card for the first time in 15-years the other day and had to shake my head. The same was true then as it is today. I don’t know how to quit. I keep charging ahead and I think doors open when you show the Universe that you are committed to your goals happening one way or the other no matter what.
What should we look forward to with Ayinde Alakoye as a brand and Hitch Radio?
There are a number of opportunities opening up for me right now. I am so grateful. I do not know how it will look, the How is all God, but I can tell you that it will be big, it will be global and more great things are coming through me!

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/10/i-am-very-proud-of-my-nigerian-heritage-—-ayinde-alakoye/

Stop beating your akpu chest grin

bros why are u creating a thread inside another thread. nawao.
Tribalism is worst than Ebola...
Re: Obi Okeke Sold 39 Cars To Floyd Mayweather by anigold(m): 10:41am On May 05, 2015
yorke1:

Kunle probably still eating Amala @ age 35 under his parents roof.

Sai nawao. grin grin grin
Re: Obi Okeke Sold 39 Cars To Floyd Mayweather by anigold(m): 10:43am On May 05, 2015
onila:
proud of him smiley

Holy shit your profile is shocking like electricity shocked shocked shocked
Re: Obi Okeke Sold 39 Cars To Floyd Mayweather by Twistaray(m): 10:44am On May 05, 2015
anigold:

bros why are u creating a thread inside another thread. nawao.
Tribalism is worst than Ebola...

Ooooh I see grin grin grin grin

Isoke oo
We all are guilty, are u innocent of these?
Anyway. Outta here!
Re: Obi Okeke Sold 39 Cars To Floyd Mayweather by anigold(m): 10:46am On May 05, 2015
buJu234:
please will u guys stop this east coast(igbo) vs west coast (yoruba) war sef?

Abi Tupac vs Biggie.. grin grin grin
Re: Obi Okeke Sold 39 Cars To Floyd Mayweather by JoeCutie(m): 10:48am On May 05, 2015
KingTom:
For wetin? Mayweather na my real guy, he is in one of my top 5 favourite boxers grin
So...
Why the sudden upsurge? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Obi Okeke Sold 39 Cars To Floyd Mayweather by anigold(m): 10:48am On May 05, 2015
iwatch:
come o, e b like say Yoruba boys do u strong thing sha. dem don blast and fvck you tire so tey u turn black like yoruba AMALA grin grin grin na dat wan make u hate them?

Bros this your comment suppose dey Romance..
The girl in question resemble a western chick..

1 Like

Re: Obi Okeke Sold 39 Cars To Floyd Mayweather by anigold(m): 10:53am On May 05, 2015
Twistaray:

Ooooh I see grin grin grin grin

Isoke oo
We all are guilty, are u innocent of these?
Anyway. Outta here!

Innocent not guilty grin grin grin
Re: Obi Okeke Sold 39 Cars To Floyd Mayweather by Twistaray(m): 10:55am On May 05, 2015
anigold:

Innocent not guilty grin grin grin

Ooh really?
I guess i'm innocent too the link was a typo grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Obi Okeke Sold 39 Cars To Floyd Mayweather by eagleeye2: 11:11am On May 05, 2015
I wonder what Nairaland rule 2 is all about. When some group of people will turn a perfectly inspirational thread to a tribal war zone.
smh
Re: Obi Okeke Sold 39 Cars To Floyd Mayweather by scarr: 12:09pm On May 05, 2015
Twistaray:

My brother I tire oo
I even went as far as pasting/up loading 2 videos link.

Why would such a man as wealthy and influential as he's show up on a UK TV live and claimed the ownership of the said airport if he wasn't sure?

I don tire for this people ooo grin
Are u minding d foul, its kills them to see other people succeed

1 Like

Re: Obi Okeke Sold 39 Cars To Floyd Mayweather by KingTom(m): 1:20pm On May 05, 2015
JoeCutie:
So... Why the sudden upsurge? undecided
What upsurge? undecided
Re: Obi Okeke Sold 39 Cars To Floyd Mayweather by 0ldirtybastard(m): 2:20pm On May 05, 2015
Twistaray:

I know you are from that tribe(yeeboo)
Always out of control and extremely emotional.

Mod, seun. Et al. abeg make una do una job jare

Heheh heheh grin

Loool: your i.d has spoken,says it all.
Someone should please check the dude i.d.
No wonder oo grin

What is funny?
Only impish, disconsolate, idiotic morons like you with lofty heights of terrifying stupidity would project utter trash and not expect a scalding lash with words of extreme malice. Rock-hard idiocy has plunged you into the abysmal depths of mind-twisting mediocrity and unrefined uncivility that without a thing to prove to ibos, you feel life is nearing the end of its tether. Like I've ever met any promising yoruba dude in my life. Anuohia nwuruanwu.
Re: Obi Okeke Sold 39 Cars To Floyd Mayweather by Twistaray(m): 2:32pm On May 05, 2015
0ldirtybastard:

What is funny?
Only impish, disconsolate, idiotic morons like you with lofty heights of terrifying stupidity would project utter trash and not expect a scalding lash with words of extreme malice. Rock-hard idiocy has plunged you into the abysmal depths of mind-twisting mediocrity and unrefined uncivility that without a thing to prove to ibos, you feel life is nearing the end of its tether. Like I've ever met any promising yoruba dude in my life. Anuohia nwuruanwu.

Oooh I see!
Someone should hold this dog before I descend on him now.

Seun mods, you are seeing all these now, if I start una go ban me?

Now go back to your cave/cage before I frustrate u on here.

Stop spewing trash and salivating on here.
Dude seem u are frustrated abi? Don worry I go helepu u grin
Yeye boi grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.
Dude what that your i.d again?

Please change it please it will help abeg grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Man Returns A Cartorn Of Indomie With N1.8M In Imo / Brief Summary Of All My Business Encounter In 2016. - I Take A Bow / How I Was Defrauded At Alaba International Market Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.