Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,449 members, 7,808,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

17-year Old Dom Solanke Set To Replace Drogba As Chelsea’s Third Choice Striker - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / 17-year Old Dom Solanke Set To Replace Drogba As Chelsea’s Third Choice Striker (1164 Views)

Guus Hiddink Confirmed As Chelsea Manager / Jose Mourinho Sacked As Chelsea Manager / Jurgen Klopp Agrees Three-year Deal To Replace Brendan Rodgers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

17-year Old Dom Solanke Set To Replace Drogba As Chelsea’s Third Choice Striker by SirShymexx: 11:46am On May 04, 2015
[img]

Chelsea are expected to replace Didier Drogba with 17-year-old Dominic Solanke next season.

This is according to The Sun, who claim the highly-rated Chelsea academy graduate is poised to become the third-choice striker at Stamford Bridge.

The report suggests Chelsea will stick with Diego Costa as their number one centre-forward, with Lyon’s Alexandre Lacazette coming in to replace Loic Remy - who could move in the opposite direction - and Solanke taking the place of Drogba if the Ivory Coast legend leaves the club this summer.

Drogba’s one-year contract expires this summer, and the 37-year-old recently confirmed he will play on regardless of whether it’s at Stamford Bridge or elsewhere.

The powerful forward has scored seven goals in 38 appearances for Chelsea this season, but Mourinho may feel the gifted Solanke is now ready to make an impact in the first team.

The teenager, who has represented England at Under-18 level, is widely regarded as one of English football’s brightest talents. In July 2014, Mourinho named Solanke as one of three players in Chelsea’s youth ranks who was destined to represent England at senior level in the future.

“My conscience tells me that if, for example, Baker, Brown, and Solanke are not national team players in a few years, I should blame myself,” Mourinho was quoted as saying by the Daily Mail. “They are part of a process the club started without me. In this moment, we have players who will be Chelsea players. And when they become Chelsea players, they will become England players, almost for sure.

“At 16 or 17 I don’t think it’s good for them to go somewhere else to play, like in the Championship. At 17 they have to train with us and they have to learn with us. They will learn a lot.”

http://www.givemesport.com/571173-dominic-solanke-set-to-become-chelseas-third-choice-striker[/img]
Re: 17-year Old Dom Solanke Set To Replace Drogba As Chelsea’s Third Choice Striker by Tval(m): 11:51am On May 04, 2015
Nice.. We need to start utilizing our youth setup talents.
Re: 17-year Old Dom Solanke Set To Replace Drogba As Chelsea’s Third Choice Striker by kodded(m): 11:54am On May 04, 2015
undecided

Lies chelsea will use Patrick Bamford as their new replacement for dideir drogba after his contract expires at the end of the season and not Dom Solanke

I guess Dom Solanke will spend next season out on loan and not in chelsea

Where you get your source from ? undecided
Re: 17-year Old Dom Solanke Set To Replace Drogba As Chelsea’s Third Choice Striker by SirShymexx: 11:55am On May 04, 2015
I'm happy for the young lad - he definitely deserves it. Hopefully, Loftus-Cheek and Kalas will join him in the senior squad. And with Baker, Bamford, Brown, and maybe Christensen - the season after that. Bamford definitely needs another year on loan, but this time, it should be in the EPL - to prove if he can play in the EPL.

Dele Alli, another highly rated young player of Nigerian descent, should also make Tottenham's team next season - after helping MK Dons secure promotion to the Championship. I heard John Fashanu is already advising him to ditch England and play for Nigeria - nice.

Other decent players of Nigerian descent the mediocre Super Eagles can look at include:

- Jordon Ibe
- Sheyi Ojo
- Alex Iwobi (he has already shown interest to picking Nigeria over England).
- Chuba Akpom
- Chuks Aneke
- Ola Aina
- Sammy Ameobi

cc: lalasticlala honeric01
Re: 17-year Old Dom Solanke Set To Replace Drogba As Chelsea’s Third Choice Striker by smvinreal(f): 12:07pm On May 04, 2015
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: 17-year Old Dom Solanke Set To Replace Drogba As Chelsea’s Third Choice Striker by Nobody: 12:20pm On May 04, 2015
Can't wait to see him in top-flight action. But why does he play for a classless, historyless club like Chelsea?
Re: 17-year Old Dom Solanke Set To Replace Drogba As Chelsea’s Third Choice Striker by haffaze777(m): 3:34pm On May 04, 2015
RickRichards:
Can't wait to see him in top-flight action. But why does he play for a club like Chelsea?

thank me later
Re: 17-year Old Dom Solanke Set To Replace Drogba As Chelsea’s Third Choice Striker by arsetalks(m): 7:56am On May 06, 2015
Not a big fan of Chelsea but kudos to the club, they are beginning to produce some very good players and sadly my dear Arsenal is lagging behind now.

This shows Abramovich had a plan although it seems Arsenal through the heroics of Wenger has managed to catch up with Chelsea but still, it is a shame cos we were head and shoulder above them.

Building the Emirates without taking a full loan has ruined the club's chances of dominance for decades.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

European Draws Were Fixed - Sepp Blatter / Football And The Cultural Differences / Phone Conversation Between Nasri And Fabrigas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.