Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

Photo Of The Man By Name Julius Berger Who Built Our Bridges (photos) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Photo Of The Man By Name Julius Berger Who Built Our Bridges (photos) (65875 Views)

The Ancient Pyramids - I Know How It Was Built, Why It Was Built, Who Built It. / Godwin Musa Who Built His Own Bicycle Finally In School (Photos) / Funny Picture Of The Man That Created Exams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo Of The Man By Name Julius Berger Who Built Our Bridges (photos) by anonimi: 3:57pm On May 04, 2015
maureensylvia:

His father sent him to Berlin at the age of 12 to take up an apprenticeship with a leather wholesale firm. He returned to the family transport business three years later in 1878. He soon found himself more frequently transporting building
materials instead of grain. It was this transportation of building materials that led to his becoming
increasingly familiar with the construction industry.

http://lindaikeji..com/2015/05/photo-of-man-we-all-know-as-julius.html

The highlighted is very important to many of us who think a university education is a NECESSARY tool for success.

Soooo many dropouts who have made great in life even today and employ plenty PhDs.

If you have talent and know what you want in life, ready to take calculated RISKS early do not WASTE time going to university.

PS: I have NOT said that going to university is totally useless.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photo Of The Man By Name Julius Berger Who Built Our Bridges (photos) by alaoeri: 3:57pm On May 04, 2015
He don chop Nigerian money finish but the guy go dey give kickbacks because if you ain't giving, you can't be getting those bogus contracts.
Re: Photo Of The Man By Name Julius Berger Who Built Our Bridges (photos) by Lilshorecords(m): 3:58pm On May 04, 2015
kilokeys:
his nose mehn...

looks like a fly over bridge... shocked

i can see why JB is so good..
hahahaha! Lmao! You ve killed me with laffs!

1 Like

Re: Photo Of The Man By Name Julius Berger Who Built Our Bridges (photos) by victorazy(m): 3:59pm On May 04, 2015
nairaclass09:
J
Rapsodee:
kk.

Are we in primary school ?
Re: Photo Of The Man By Name Julius Berger Who Built Our Bridges (photos) by koikoi2(m): 3:59pm On May 04, 2015
July RIP

1 Like

Re: Photo Of The Man By Name Julius Berger Who Built Our Bridges (photos) by pantless(m): 3:59pm On May 04, 2015
The Face of greatness...Rough n bright.
Re: Photo Of The Man By Name Julius Berger Who Built Our Bridges (photos) by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 04, 2015
So he is the famous juluis beger cheesy His nose tho lol
Re: Photo Of The Man By Name Julius Berger Who Built Our Bridges (photos) by MaziOmenuko: 4:00pm On May 04, 2015
ugosonics:
ok
nairaclass09:
J
Rapsodee:
kk.
omanifrank:
oh yea
ugosonics:
ok
demmy0325:
Is he dead...?
phyllosilicate:
Nyc
prettythicksme:
julius rip cheesy
prodiG:
Good to know
Drsheddy:
K
rumomonga:
Ok
Aregs:
Is okay

Most times, you just have to skip first page of a nairaland thread and go to page 2 if you really want to read sensible comments...

But then looking at the comment below, you may just start reading from the last page

2 Likes

Re: Photo Of The Man By Name Julius Berger Who Built Our Bridges (photos) by christejames(m): 4:00pm On May 04, 2015
MaziOmenuko:

The local content bill made it difficult for any expatriate company to function effectively here; one of the greatest achievements of OBJ. Now what the expatriates do is to register the company as a Nigerian company, integrate Nigerians into the Board and even (sometimes) sell shares to the Nigerian public: although they still retain the majority stake/shares in the company.
wow! Thanks Mazi!! I have really learnt something today.
Re: Photo Of The Man By Name Julius Berger Who Built Our Bridges (photos) by Rapsodee(m): 4:01pm On May 04, 2015
MaziOmenuko:

Most times, you just have to go to page 2 of a nairaland thread if you really want to read sensible comments...
Bro..u get time o,shey u never heard of first page space bookers b4 ni ...
Besides,I don do the needful to my post.
Re: Photo Of The Man By Name Julius Berger Who Built Our Bridges (photos) by mmsen: 4:01pm On May 04, 2015
Julius Berger died in 1942.

Julius Berger Nigeria built it's first bridge in 1962.

This is not the man that built Nigeria's bridges.
Re: Photo Of The Man By Name Julius Berger Who Built Our Bridges (photos) by skerries: 4:01pm On May 04, 2015
Where is our own indengious construction company, we are here celebrating a German man.
Upon all our hight in education but nothing to show for it. Shame on you alot.
Re: Photo Of The Man By Name Julius Berger Who Built Our Bridges (photos) by javadoctor(m): 4:02pm On May 04, 2015
Rexphobia:
Julius Berger came into Nigeria in August 1965. The first bridge they constructed in
Nigeria was Eko Bridge in Lagos. They also built the 3rd Mainland Bridge. He died in 1942.

So na abiku this man be? Or he reincarnated

I hate to quote u, but I had to, Julius berger entered nigeria in '65, 'the construction company'.
Re: Photo Of The Man By Name Julius Berger Who Built Our Bridges (photos) by lastmessenger: 4:03pm On May 04, 2015
anonimi:

The highlighted is very important to many of us who think a university education is a NECESSARY tool for success.

Soooo many dropouts who have made great in life even today and employ plenty PhDs.

If you have talent and know what you want in life, ready to take calculated RISKS early do not WASTE time going to university.

PS: I have NOT said that going to university is totally useless.
I hope when your son tells you he want abandon school for shoe shinning, you won't feel bad.
Is easier to say things but the practicality is all that matters.
Re: Photo Of The Man By Name Julius Berger Who Built Our Bridges (photos) by pappilo(m): 4:03pm On May 04, 2015
Julius Berger is a Nigerian company with a foreign name. They have no presence anywhere outside Nigeria.

PZ Cussons is another one. It makes 75% of its revenue from sales in Nigeria.
Re: Photo Of The Man By Name Julius Berger Who Built Our Bridges (photos) by unite4real: 4:04pm On May 04, 2015
ijobaooorun:
Came to nigeria I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ August 1965.....died I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ 1942
Get a lyf sis

the company (Julius Berger) came to Naija in 1965 while the person (Julius Berger) died in 1942.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of The Man By Name Julius Berger Who Built Our Bridges (photos) by Nobody: 4:04pm On May 04, 2015
ijobaooorun:
Came to nigeria I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ August 1965.....died I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ 1942
Get a lyf sis
funny
Re: Photo Of The Man By Name Julius Berger Who Built Our Bridges (photos) by MaziOmenuko: 4:05pm On May 04, 2015
christejames:
wow! Thanks Mazi!! I have really learnt something today.

You're welcome.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of The Man By Name Julius Berger Who Built Our Bridges (photos) by dannex(m): 4:05pm On May 04, 2015
FirstNigerian:
In Case of NECESSITY...

JB made a name for himself, though that construction company too charge but I like them because they construct good and durable roads.
If all Nigerian Roads Construction Were Handled By Them, I don't think, there would have been a need for FERMA..

Anyway, I am happy, he is neither an Igbo or A Yoruba, otherwise, I no go here thing for them in this country.

I plead with his Excellency, Owelle Rochas Okorocha to make use of JB in the construction of IMO state Roads, Roche Construction company is still a learner in road construction, honest Nigerians living in IMO state will bear me witness that Roche Construction company doesn't construct durable roads..

Dee Sam Mbakwe roads are still motorable whilst majority of the ones constructed by Rochas are in need of rehabilitation..

The Whites know how to make there names live after them while our Nigerians politician make their name perish while they are still alive..

JB!
INCASITY is not in dictionary
Re: Photo Of The Man By Name Julius Berger Who Built Our Bridges (photos) by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 4:06pm On May 04, 2015
So,this dude died before coming to Nigeria to build bridges,no wonder all the bridges are in sorry state. grin

1 Like

Re: Photo Of The Man By Name Julius Berger Who Built Our Bridges (photos) by ogbanje1(f): 4:06pm On May 04, 2015
The man ugly sha. See him hawk face. shocked
Re: Photo Of The Man By Name Julius Berger Who Built Our Bridges (photos) by 3pointz(m): 4:08pm On May 04, 2015
kilokeys:
his nose mehn...

looks like a fly over bridge... shocked

i can see why JB is so good..
Just viewed ur dp. I no juz gbadu d shape of ur nose ma niqqur.shiiee.
Re: Photo Of The Man By Name Julius Berger Who Built Our Bridges (photos) by oluwamile(m): 4:08pm On May 04, 2015
imagine...nutn lyk going to school or being an engineer bfor he cud achieve dis great landmark.... nutn is impossible my people
Re: Photo Of The Man By Name Julius Berger Who Built Our Bridges (photos) by MaziOmenuko: 4:09pm On May 04, 2015
pappilo:
Julius Berger is a Nigerian company with a foreign name. They have no presence anywhere outside Nigeria.

PZ Cussons is another one. It makes 75% of its revenue from sales in Nigeria.

Lol...JB is a German company; the original name is Julius Berger International GmbH

You can check out their international website http://www.julius-berger-int.com/

1 Like

Re: Photo Of The Man By Name Julius Berger Who Built Our Bridges (photos) by 2sex(m): 4:10pm On May 04, 2015
[size=20pt]This where I love Akpabio; he used Julius B to construct most of the roads in Akwa Ibom[/size]
Re: Photo Of The Man By Name Julius Berger Who Built Our Bridges (photos) by kilokeys(m): 4:22pm On May 04, 2015
3pointz:

Just viewed ur dp. I no juz gbadu d shape of ur nose ma niqqur.shiiee.

same way i dont fancy his.. but respect his works..

you would one day learn to respect my works too.. grin

#teamnotsuperficial
Re: Photo Of The Man By Name Julius Berger Who Built Our Bridges (photos) by gmoni2(m): 4:22pm On May 04, 2015
S.o. Adewale brought Julius Berger to naija..
Re: Photo Of The Man By Name Julius Berger Who Built Our Bridges (photos) by anonimi: 4:25pm On May 04, 2015
lastmessenger:
I hope when your son tells you he want abandon school for shoe shinning, you won't feel bad.
Is easier to say things but the practicality is all that matters.

If my son shows enough talent and passion for shoe shining I will allow him to drop out of school after letting him know he MUST be able to pay his own bills/expenses and that of his family from the BUSINESS as it GROWS.
Re: Photo Of The Man By Name Julius Berger Who Built Our Bridges (photos) by ozoro: 4:30pm On May 04, 2015
MaziOmenuko:

Lol...JB is a German company; the original name is Julius Berger International GmbH

You can check out their international website http://www.julius-berger-int.com/

Julius Berger International GMBH is 90% owned by Julius Berger Nigeria PLC. Check Julius Berger Nigeria wcbsite financial reports.

However Julius Berger Nigeria is 30% owned by Bilinger SE a German Origin international construction Company
Re: Photo Of The Man By Name Julius Berger Who Built Our Bridges (photos) by abdullkabar(m): 4:36pm On May 04, 2015
see im face like falling bridge,,,,,cute man tho cheesy
Re: Photo Of The Man By Name Julius Berger Who Built Our Bridges (photos) by amii131(f): 4:37pm On May 04, 2015
maureensylvia:

http://lindaikeji..com/2015/05/photo-of-man-we-all-know-as-julius.html

so who built river Niger bridge??since he died at that year @op

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos Explosion: Bethlehem Girls College In Ruins, Students Being Rescued / Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Unveiled / ASUU To Begin Indefinite Nationwide Strike Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.