Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,870 members, 7,802,803 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? (105807 Views)

Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. / How To Recover Whatsapp Chat History After Formatting Or Changing Phone / How To Set Any Picture As Your BBM/WHATSAPP Display Picture Without Cropping (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by nuelski10: 8:39pm On May 04, 2015
encryptjay:

Naruto fan grin
dem never finish the anime ohh,i still dey wait before i download the remaining episodes frm ep400
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Nobody: 8:39pm On May 04, 2015
MizMyColi:

I asked google...here's what she told me.

The frequent DP changers

"People who keep on changing their profile pictures are insecure, lack in confidence and are often very flippant in their decisions. Such people are also found to be suspicious and don't trust others easily. Some even show traits of split personality and always remain dissatisfied with their decisions," said psychologist Amool Ranjan. "This trait shows that a person is suffering from identity crisis and actually wants to explore himself in the views of others. They are also attention seekers," said another psychologist Kaptan Singh Sengar.

Those with pictures of celebrities

Said Ranjan, "It shows that the person is carefree. Such people like to idolize others and are not too successful in life. They are not confident and often seek other's opinions. They are introvert and are hesitant in disclosing their personal matters." Sengar added, "Usually such individuals' world is very limited. Their desire and wishes remain hidden somewhere deep within. By uploading someone else's picture, they feel projected. They are dreamers and like to remain in the fantasy world."

Those who upload intimate photos

"Such people are usually attention seekers and are insecure in their relationships. They suffer from inferiority complex. To conceal it, they try and be more expressive," shared Ranjan. Said Sengar, "This behaviour shows sheer immaturity and urge to seek attention. Such people lack in self esteem and can hardly be trustworthy in relationships. It also shows that they have suffered setback in relationships at some point of their lives."

Users of slang in status messages

Said Ranjan, "They are frustrated souls who have faced lots of failures and criticism in life. So to compensate that they hurt others by being offensive. They might be weak in their communication skills. They try and make it up by being offensive." Another psychologist, Suprakash Chaudhary said, "It shows the amount of failure they have faced in life. To make up for it, they use social media as the medium to abuse masses at one go without being subjected to legal proceedings."

Frequent status message changers

"In a bid to sound expressive and extrovert, people keep on updating their status messages. Sometimes they even end up revealing their private lives. But it just shows how much of an inferiority complex the person has. In such a case, the views of others matter more and that shows a lack of self-confidence. Such people are weak in their judgmental abilities. They can never stick to their decisions," said Ranjan. Chaudhary said this trait can be seen as part of being defensive. "Such people believe in saying more but end up doing little. They are bad adjudicators," he said.

Those always on busy mode

Said Ranjan, "Some people do it purposely. But when it becomes a habit, it shows a person's social withdrawal symptoms. They don't want to interact with people or are only concerned about their own interests." On this trait, Chaudhary said, "Such netizens don't need society's approval. They are not bothered about rules and regulation and live life on their terms. But sometimes the continued ignorance may lead to depression."

Gothic art as DP

Said Ranjan, "Such people are complex and mysterious. It's very difficult to understand them and that's what they enjoy. They are reserved and don't share too much with people. They try to solve their problems themselves." Sengar agreed, saying, "Though the person might be perfectly alright, they always feel they aren't well. These people are concerned about their physical appearances. That's the reason they often find faults with their health."
Just one question for you , is the owner of the dp complaining? Secondly everyone is at liberty to change dp and if you're not comfortable with it kindly block the person.

2 Likes

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by MizMyColi(f): 8:44pm On May 04, 2015
asuustrike2009:

Just one question for you , is the owner of the dp complaining? Secondly everyone is at liberty to change dp and if you're not comfortable with it kindly block the person.

Just two questions for you

1). Is that my writeup?

2). Is it wrong that I sourced for insights into the OP's query?
undecided

7 Likes

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by jauntty: 8:44pm On May 04, 2015
ShirelleBaby:

Hahahahahahaha! You are soo wrong in the bolded.

I partially agree on the JOBLESSNESS part.

Brb.
Thanks my love grin. Atleast u agree with me on one.
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by luvablesam(m): 9:00pm On May 04, 2015
Thought of this too before.....if the social media page is private,y change the DP often as if you have something u are offering for sale?

If it is commercial it even should be encouraged...People get attracted to expressive pictorial images.

Changing photos often is a no-no
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by ShirelleBaby: 9:10pm On May 04, 2015
jauntty:
Thanks my love grin. Atleast u agree with me on one.

Hehehehehe.
Workaholic!

Your whatsapp DP needs change oh.tongue
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Godmother(f): 9:35pm On May 04, 2015
I believe how often you change your DP is a personal thing and has to do with your mood at that given time. I don't subscribe to any notion that the person is immature or insecure. There are days when I could use over 5 DPs in a day, then there are also days when I could have one DP stay up for up to 3/4 days. It just depends on how I feel at that time.

6 Likes

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Nobody: 9:36pm On May 04, 2015
joseph1832:
Whatever anyone decides to do or not do with their display picture is entirely their business and nobody's!.

For me, my display picture usually arouse religious connotations and I really love it that it gives this religious narrow minded individuals sleepless nights.

Imagine you seeing the picture below as one of your contacts dp, I wonder what you'll say or think!.

I have a friend that uses such on his dp.
Sometimes I am tempted to ask why, then I realise it's not my business and I let it slide.

I wouldn't mind seeing your face though.
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Nobody: 9:50pm On May 04, 2015
Personally I hardly change my dp on bbm. Even when I change it, I hardly use my picture. I prefer using pictures with writeups. For whatsapp, once in a blue moon. Facebook, I can't remember when I last changed my fb dp.

I wouldn't say frequent dp changing is a sign of immaturity. Maybe they just want their friends to have a feel of some good moments they're having. There are persons that, whenever they wear something that looks nice on them, they would want everybody to see it.....like. . .feel my swag. Some just love seeing people complement their beauty/dress/whatever. Not really a result of joblessness.

In all, moderation is the key. There's this girl on my bbm. I don't think there's any dress this girl has that I've not seen. If she buys or sews a dress, her bbm friends are always the first to know. This girl changes her dp up to 10 times/day (more than sometimes). For her case, I'll call it immaturity coupled with serious joblessness.

5 Likes

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Princessonelove: 9:50pm On May 04, 2015
I don't have pictures of me on whatsapp or anywhere else. Why? I kept on seeing pictures of me on different phones and I noticed it was gotten from my profile.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by InZA: 9:58pm On May 04, 2015
A lady that changes dp regularly wouldn't make a good wife... Honestly, there's are many things I find unsettling about a lady that changes her dp every 30mins. One of such is the suggestion that she's a noise maker in real life.... and I can't stand a woman who makes noise. There's this drop living gorgeous lady on my bbm, I had been nursing the idea of sending her my application (if you think I'm talking about a job you're on a long thing). But I noticed this lady changes dp like every 30mins, I thought it was a one off thing so I was ready to let it slide, but later on I realized it was a habit.... Suffice to say, I used the application paper to wrap akara angry

At the very basic level excessive dp changing reeks of inferiority complex, I can say so because I used to deal with it too but mine was not dp changing, rather it was putting my "bbm songs" on so that my contacts could see what I was playing because I wanted them to validate my taste in good songs, more so because I played only christian songs. But later on, I just had to be truthful to myself.

MizMyColi.... Your honesty is a virtue worth celebrating... and as it's said in my church- I celebrate you smiley

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by guyANDROID1: 10:06pm On May 04, 2015
Op, below picture sum up your answer.

And to Mizmycoli; "Those who follow the crowd will never be followed by the crowd" ... .. Thats about what you posted first on this page. Ask Mayweather, all them celebrities thats posted about their life even when they poop.

DON'T LIVE YOUR LIVE TO PLEASE ANYONE COZ YOU ONLY GOT IT ONCE.

"you only live once is a literary words", you live everyday and you die once.

#peace.

2 Likes

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Nickymezor(f): 10:39pm On May 04, 2015
softysparky:

My dp, my pictures, my profile, my business.

what am I supposed to do with all the pictures on my phone

What ever you know how to do, do it without caring with people would say. Write epistles, use smileys, flaunt nyash, flaunt boobi.....
As the spirit leads.
babes, lolz... u no go kill persin fr here....Anyway na d true koko be dat smiley
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Nickymezor(f): 10:57pm On May 04, 2015
For me ,I wont say ppl who indulge in this re immature...it boils down to ones perception of tins, moods n wat hv u... I think derez a limit to it tho so dat one isnt portrayed as a jobless fellow
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by jnrbayano(m): 10:58pm On May 04, 2015
This tread together with MizMyColi's discovery will change people's lives here real quick.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Nobody: 10:58pm On May 04, 2015
Nickymezor:
babes, lolz... u no go kill persin fr here....Anyway na d true koko be dat smiley
Baby see me see wahala ooo. We all have reasons for taking pictures, most people without Nl profile pics might be the type uploading pics on Facebook, Twitter and instagram almost every minute so it's all about choice. I change my dp simply because there is a platform for it...I don't abuse it though.

Anyway Nicky its been ages, how are you?

1 Like

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Nickymezor(f): 11:01pm On May 04, 2015
softysparky:

Baby see me see wahala ooo. We all have reasons for taking pictures, most people without Nl profile pics might be the type uploading pics on Facebook, Twitter and instagram almost every minute so it's all about choice. I change my dp simply because there is a platform for it...I don't abuse it though.

yeah; I feel u... I 'm doing grt dear....hw hv u bin?
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Truckpusher(m): 11:12pm On May 04, 2015
softysparky:

I just gave you a like. cheesy
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Nobody: 11:14pm On May 04, 2015
InZA:
A lady that changes dp regularly wouldn't make a good wife... Honestly, there's are many things I find unsettling about a lady that changes her dp every 30mins. One of such is the suggestion that she's a noise maker in real life.... and I can't stand a woman who makes noise. There's this drop living gorgeous lady on my bbm, I had been nursing the idea of sending her my application (if you think I'm talking about a job you're on a long thing). But I noticed this lady changes dp like every 30mins, I thought it was a one off thing so I was ready to let it slide, but later on I realized it was a habit.... Suffice to say, I used the application paper to wrap akara angry

At the very basic level excessive dp changing reeks of inferiority complex, I can say so because I used to deal with it too but mine was not dp changing, rather it was putting my "bbm songs" on so that my contacts could see what I was playing because I wanted them to validate my taste in good songs, more so because I played only christian songs. But later on, I just had to be truthful to myself.

MizMyC.oli.... Your honesty is a virtue worth celebrating... and as it's said in my church- I celebrate you smiley

You might actually lose a good woman meant for you because of flimsy things like this.
You don't judge people by how often they change their dp, I'd rather be concerned about the dp content.
I go through my pictures anytime I am in the toilet, that's even when it normally occurs to me to use certain pics as dp.

1 Like

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Nobody: 11:16pm On May 04, 2015
Nickymezor:
yeah; I feel u... I 'm doing grt dear....hw hv u bin?
Fine darling just bored.
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Nobody: 11:21pm On May 04, 2015
Truckpusher:
I just gave you a like. cheesy
I prefer money jooor.
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Truckpusher(m): 11:22pm On May 04, 2015
softysparky:

I prefer money jooor.
Lmao cheesy cheesy

Wayo girl - Live and direct cheesy
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Nobody: 11:22pm On May 04, 2015
jnrbayano:
This tread together with MizMy.Coli's discovery will change people's lives here real quick.

smiley
People like you ba?
I have been stealing all your pictures cheesy
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by joseph1832(m): 11:22pm On May 04, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

I have a friend that uses such on his dp.
Sometimes I am tempted to ask why, then I realise it's not my business and I let it slide.

I wouldn't mind seeing your face though.
Okay. One face coming up!. You gat mail!.

2 Likes

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Nobody: 11:23pm On May 04, 2015
Truckpusher:
Lmao cheesy cheesy
Wayo girl - Live and direct cheesy
As the spirit leads nwanna.
You know igbo girls like li egocheesy
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by jnrbayano(m): 11:26pm On May 04, 2015
softysparky:

People like you ba?
I have been stealing all your pictures cheesy

Olee tongue
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by InZA: 11:27pm On May 04, 2015
softysparky:

You might actually lose a good woman meant for you because of flimsy things like this.
You don't judge people by how often they change their dp, I'd rather be concerned about the dp content.
I go through my pictures anytime I am in the toilet, that's even when it normally occurs to me to use certain pics as dp.

It's the little things that often feed the biggest wahala. A woman that changes her dp more than is necessary has her priorities misplaced, it's simply as simple as that and I don't want to marry a woman with misplaced priorities.

Trust me, I can't lose the woman meant for me because of my distaste for the habit of changing dps, because in the first place if she's meant for me, she wouldn't be changing dps as often as the word "change" was used in APC's campaign.

8 Likes

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Truckpusher(m): 11:29pm On May 04, 2015
softysparky:

As the spirit leads nwanna.

You know igbo girls like li egocheesy
No mind world people.

Which people wey no like money? cheesy

You no see that small oyibo girl wey marry Hefner of play boy's mansion? cheesy

Everybody like money die - you think say you like money pass me wey dey here? grin
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Nobody: 11:32pm On May 04, 2015
InZA:

It's the little things that often feed the biggest wahala. A woman that changes her dp more than is necessary has her priorities misplaced, it's simply as simple as that and I don't want to marry a woman with misplaced priorities.

Trust me, I can't lose the woman meant for me because of my distaste for the habit of changing dps, because in the first place if she's meant for me, she wouldn't be changing dps as often as the word "change" was used in APC's campaign.
I agree @bolded, lets say moderation is the key.
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by InZA: 11:34pm On May 04, 2015
softysparky:

I agree @bolded, lets say moderation is the key.

Yep.
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Nobody: 11:34pm On May 04, 2015
Truckpusher:
No mind world people.

Which people wey no like money? cheesy

You no see that small oyibo girl wey marry Hefner of play boy's mansion? cheesy

Everybody like money die - you think say you like money pass me wey dey here? grin
So are you giving me the money
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Truckpusher(m): 11:34pm On May 04, 2015
softysparky:

So are you giving me the money
How much do you want ? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Football Manager Mobile 2016 Is Out!!!! / 9mobile New Latest List Of Data Plans Subscription Codes & Prices 2017 / A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.