Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,137 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? (105835 Views)

Excessive Glorification Of Android Phones. / How To Recover Whatsapp Chat History After Formatting Or Changing Phone / How To Set Any Picture As Your BBM/WHATSAPP Display Picture Without Cropping (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Nobody: 12:11am On May 06, 2015
MizMyColi:
Well personally, I stopped uploading my DP on NL because I found that I kept visiting my profile.
Checking out the number of likes, and if I found that the likes weren't as forthcoming, I'd take it down and change to another.
It even got more annoying when my "hard earned" likes got subtracted as a result of the new picture.

I told myself the hard truth, that in addition to people's general approval of my comments, I wanted them to approve my face too.
And with each picture I uploaded, I somehow felt inadequate.
Those times turned out to be my first real practical lessons on self acceptance/approval.

Second and most important.....despite my openness as an individual, I am not always comfortable with the fact that my face is out there.
The longest lasting DP I ever used on this forum was one where I had my face downwards, staring right into my bag.

So, yes, I think that most times...when we upload and upload different styles and pictures of ourselves, we trying to fill a void.... #HardTruthThough

That said, my thoughts aren't an absolute.
Different strokes, Different folks.
smiley

such a truthful and objective analysis of self. a critic at the image in d mirror. the funny thing is such action is a step towards self strength. you don't need my approval. you're self approved
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Nobody: 12:16am On May 06, 2015
MizMyColi:

Well, I just gotta admit that the more we are think we know, the more we don't.

I'm at that phase where I am learning (kai! It's hard ehnangry) how to be wholly accepting of self, whether I wear fine clothings or not. Whether I make up or not.

More important I am learning how to ask, will I like him/them?
Instead of the stereotypical "will he/they like me?"
a philosopher you are. someone who says it as it is. it Appears you are uncovering every aspect of your emotional intelligence. from all your post, I envy you. just because I am as well in that situation phase. gosh, it's so hard with your peeps not letting the new you survive

1 Like

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by MizMyColi(f): 12:32am On May 06, 2015
Phinalphantasy:

such a truthful and objective analysis of self. a critic at the image in d mirror. the funny thing is such action is a step towards self strength. you don't need my approval. you're self approved

Thanks Bro.
I appreciatesmiley
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by MizMyColi(f): 12:34am On May 06, 2015
Phinalphantasy:

a philosopher you are. someone who says it as it is. it Appears you are uncovering every aspect of your emotional intelligence. from all your post, I envy you. just because I am as well in that situation phase. gosh, it's so hard with your peeps not letting the new you survive

@ your last statement, I think I can relate.

Well, like the saying goes, where there's a will, there's a way. You just keep on.
Let his sovereign hand be your guide.
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by cococandy(f): 3:00am On May 06, 2015
Gbam!
mentorandfriend:
I'm very careful about faceless people on a faceless forum. Here on nairaland, I observe that it is usually faceless people without display pictures that are the most vulgar, most insultive, lacking any sense of decorum. Some even hide behind pics of celebrities or outright cartoon images while they unleash their sauciness, cockiness and hatred on every meaningful thread.

So what do I do? Here on nairaland, when a person quotes me with an intention to brew up an e-brawl, I immediately check his/her dp. Once that person is not represented on his/her dp, I ignore the hater/pretender. I only engage people who are bold enough to show me what they look like. To me, nothing beats seeing who I'm communicating with.

I apply the same rule on facebook where I have a large number of facebook friends. I will never accept a friend request from anyone who has no profile picture, because they are the ones who bash your updates, bash your pictures uploads. They do it wearing the mask of no profile picture. They never have a kind word for you. Once you receive notification that such a person commented on any of your post, your heart skips a beat first.grin

So I see nothing wrong in someone having his/her picture on display, and I also cant say that those who change their dps often are immature. I only know a mature person when he/she talks/comments or when we engage in a discourse.

Shikena!

2 Likes

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by VickyRotex(f): 7:08am On May 06, 2015
I dont think the number of times people change their dp's should be attached to their level of maturity.

Better word to use is idleness or boredom.

My facebook profile pix: October last year
My Twitter: October last year
WhatsApp: February
BBM: I can go a week without changing it. (I have personal reasons for that, cos most time, I hardly reply my chats on time, could take 2 to 3days, most times, it's cos I'm busy,and at times intentionally) And when I do, it's usually an art work/letter inscribed.

Now, this doesn't make me look more matured than than a lady that changes her dp everyday.

There are people who claims to be matured by pretending to be busy, whereas they are not.

And meanwhile some frequent dp changer got productive things they engage in.

It's just like saying, someone always online on NL is jobless, lol, you know it's not always so.

I'll just say it's personal preference for individuals.

To me I get to know a matured person by the way he/she talks and acts

Just like MizMyColi stated, different strokes for different folks.

But then again , Modesty should be the key

MizMyColi, God bless you. Such a rare gem kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by MizMyColi(f): 7:21am On May 06, 2015
VickyRotex:
I dont think the number of times people change their dp's should be attached to their level of maturity.

BBM: I can go a week without changing it. (I have personal reasons for that, cos most time, I hardly reply my chats on time, could take 2 to 3days, most times, it's cos I'm busy,and at times intentionally) And when I do, it's usually an art work/letter inscribed.

Now, this doesn't make me look more matured than than a lady that changes her dp everyday.

There are people that claims to matured by pretending to be busy, whereas they are not.

It's just like saying, someone always online on NL is jobless, lol, you know it's not always so.

Awwwmmm
Hi Vicky!
Thanks.
Good Morningsmiley

Yeah, I believe that modesty is key...
Then again, with what parameter do we define/measure modesty.
It therefore adds that modesty is a relative word.

I think people should be free to do whatever they like with their lives. We either accept them as such or leave them.

While I agree that it is inherent in humans to be meddlesome, rubbing it all over the faces of the "meddlees " is in itself, an act of immaturity.

I forgot to add that some of us are social recluses and hence socially awkward.
We envy those with energy to be snapping pictures during different occasions....
We secretly want to be like them.
Lols.

With a little modification to my words, as stated above...
The same applies to the hyper active users of NL & other social media.

Now, this is another angle.

This is just to buttress my point - Different Strokes, Different folks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by VickyRotex(f): 7:49am On May 06, 2015
MizMyColi:

Awwwmmm
Hi Vicky!
Thanks.
Good Morningsmiley

Yeah, I believe that modesty is key...
Then again, with what parameter do we define/measure modesty.
It therefore adds that modesty is a relative word.

I think people should be free to do whatever they like with their lives. We either accept them as such or leave them.

While I agree that it is inherent in humans to be meddlesome, rubbing it all over the faces of the "meddlees " is in itself, an act of immaturity.

I forgot to add that some of us are social recluses and hence socially awkward.
We envy those with energy to be snapping pictures during different occasions....
We secretly want to be like them.

Lols.

With a little modification to my words, as stated above...
The same applies to the hyper active users of NL & other social media.

Now, this is another angle.

This is just to buttress my point - Different Strokes, Different folks.

Morning smiley

You are welcome Miz.

Oh yea, you nailed it again. smiley

Modesty is a relative word.

@bolded, you just brought out the thoughts in my mind.

Lots of us(people) would love to be like them, if we(they) could.

If frequent changing of dp's is termed immaturity, then meddling/ counting the number of times another person changes his or her dp, should be termed immaturity aswel.

Miz, Remain Blessed and do have a beautiful day.

Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by MizMyColi(f): 7:51am On May 06, 2015
VickyRotex:

Morning smiley

You are welcome Miz.

Oh yea, you nailed it again. smiley

Modesty is a relative word.

@bolded, you just brought out the thoughts in my mind.

Lots of us(people) would love to be like them, if we(they) could.

If frequent changing of dp's is termed immaturity, then meddling/ counting the number of times another person changes his or her dp, should be termed immaturity aswel.

Miz, Remain Blessed and do have a beautiful day.

Cheers

You too Hanniekiss

1 Like

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by An0nimus: 8:10am On May 06, 2015
VickyRotex:

There are people that claims to matured by pretending to be busy, whereas they are not.

Except the persons work resolves around the internet but always always online? there's a 99.9% chance the person is jobless.

mizmycoli that findings you got off times of india is spot on to a large extent and your first response to this thread, epic. Personally, I feel any person changing dp obsessively is not necessarily immature but something is wrong somewhere.
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by VickyRotex(f): 8:23am On May 06, 2015
An0nimus:

Except the persons work resolves around the internet but always always online? there's a 99.9% chance the person is jobless.

That's why I said it's not always so. Most people work from their offices, and still access the Internet. Lots of people can Multi task.

It's all about placing your priorities right.
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by encryptjay(m): 8:43am On May 06, 2015
nuelski10:
dem never finish the anime ohh,i still dey wait before i download the remaining episodes frm ep400
Same here boss
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by bukatyne(f): 1:40pm On May 07, 2015
MizMyColi:

Well, I just gotta admit that the more we are think we know, the more we don't.

I'm at that phase where I am learning (kai! It's hard ehnangry) how to be wholly accepting of self, whether I wear fine clothings or not. Whether I make up or not.

More important I am learning how to ask, will I like him/them?
Instead of the stereotypical "will he/they like me?"

The research doesn't include those who do not have a DP? grin
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by MizMyColi(f): 2:29pm On May 07, 2015
bukatyne:

The research doesn't include those who do not have a DP? grin

cheesy
I guess they'd fall into the category of the busy ones.

No DP is actually a DP...in some sense.
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by tosyne2much(m): 2:46pm On May 07, 2015
InZA:
A lady that changes dp regularly wouldn't make a good wife... Honestly, there's are many things I find unsettling about a lady that changes her dp every 30mins. One of such is the suggestion that she's a noise maker in real life.... and I can't stand a woman who makes noise. There's this drop living gorgeous lady on my bbm, I had been nursing the idea of sending her my application (if you think I'm talking about a job you're on a long thing). But I noticed this lady changes dp like every 30mins, I thought it was a one off thing so I was ready to let it slide, but later on I realized it was a habit.... Suffice to say, I used the application paper to wrap akara angry

At the very basic level excessive dp changing reeks of inferiority complex, I can say so because I used to deal with it too but mine was not dp changing, rather it was putting my "bbm songs" on so that my contacts could see what I was playing because I wanted them to validate my taste in good songs, more so because I played only christian songs. But later on, I just had to be truthful to myself.

MizMyColi.... Your honesty is a virtue worth celebrating... and as it's said in my church- I celebrate you smiley

Oooooooh my God !!!

You are an intelligent young man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by fhunn: 3:51pm On May 07, 2015
softysparky:

You might actually lose a good woman meant for you because of flimsy things like this.
You don't judge people by how often they change their dp, I'd rather be concerned about the dp content.

I go through my pictures anytime I am in the toilet, that's even when it normally occurs to me to use certain pics as dp.

you're wrong @bolded he is not losing any so called good woman because this dp changing of a thing, its someones character (regardless if its often or rare).

So if people are judged by their character, whats wrong with inza's judgement of the lady?

I believe if changing dp is the changer's business, then the judgement/comment is the business of the judge!
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by InZA: 5:26pm On May 07, 2015
tosyne2much:
Oooooooh my God !!!

You are an intelligent young man

The thing enter your body sha grin grin

Anyways jokes apart, I really do appreciate it. Thank you.
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Nobody: 12:59pm On May 11, 2015
Happy birthday kachisbarbie. I admire your person. smiley
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Cavenchy(m): 6:11pm On May 12, 2015
This whole dp talk is crap, people need to mind their business and not judge others in their personal space. The researchers are from india or middle-east (if you look at their names) and the data collected to arrive at whatever the OP posted were from within their countries and culture not a global perspective. They can't assume the whole world behaves in the same way they do. Some people just like to change their dp's for fun not because they have any reasons to or feel incomplete in any way.

1 Like

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by holusormi(m): 1:33pm On May 23, 2015
I change my dp slightly frequently, but I hardly put up my personal pics esp on bbm and whatsapp, what I put up mostly is funny memes, as a matter of fact, I have over 2500 funny memes on my phone and those are he only things I put on my bbm and whatsapp... So op, am I immature, insecure or both ? undecided
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Nobody: 8:50am On Jul 11, 2015
MizMyColi:

I asked google...here's what she told me.

The frequent DP changers

"People who keep on changing their profile pictures are insecure, lack in confidence and are often very flippant in their decisions. Such people are also found to be suspicious and don't trust others easily. Some even show traits of split personality and always remain dissatisfied with their decisions," said psychologist Amool Ranjan. "This trait shows that a person is suffering from identity crisis and actually wants to explore himself in the views of others. They are also attention seekers," said another psychologist Kaptan Singh Sengar.

Those with pictures of celebrities

Said Ranjan, "It shows that the person is carefree. Such people like to idolize others and are not too successful in life. They are not confident and often seek other's opinions. They are introvert and are hesitant in disclosing their personal matters." Sengar added, "Usually such individuals' world is very limited. Their desire and wishes remain hidden somewhere deep within. By uploading someone else's picture, they feel projected. They are dreamers and like to remain in the fantasy world."

Those who upload intimate photos

"Such people are usually attention seekers and are insecure in their relationships. They suffer from inferiority complex. To conceal it, they try and be more expressive," shared Ranjan. Said Sengar, "This behaviour shows sheer immaturity and urge to seek attention. Such people lack in self esteem and can hardly be trustworthy in relationships. It also shows that they have suffered setback in relationships at some point of their lives."

Users of slang in status messages

Said Ranjan, "They are frustrated souls who have faced lots of failures and criticism in life. So to compensate that they hurt others by being offensive. They might be weak in their communication skills. They try and make it up by being offensive." Another psychologist, Suprakash Chaudhary said, "It shows the amount of failure they have faced in life. To make up for it, they use social media as the medium to abuse masses at one go without being subjected to legal proceedings."

Frequent status message changers

"In a bid to sound expressive and extrovert, people keep on updating their status messages. Sometimes they even end up revealing their private lives. But it just shows how much of an inferiority complex the person has. In such a case, the views of others matter more and that shows a lack of self-confidence. Such people are weak in their judgmental abilities. They can never stick to their decisions," said Ranjan. Chaudhary said this trait can be seen as part of being defensive. "Such people believe in saying more but end up doing little. They are bad adjudicators," he said.

Those always on busy mode

Said Ranjan, "Some people do it purposely. But when it becomes a habit, it shows a person's social withdrawal symptoms. They don't want to interact with people or are only concerned about their own interests." On this trait, Chaudhary said, "Such netizens don't need society's approval. They are not bothered about rules and regulation and live life on their terms. But sometimes the continued ignorance may lead to depression."

Gothic art as DP

Said Ranjan, "Such people are complex and mysterious. It's very difficult to understand them and that's what they enjoy. They are reserved and don't share too much with people. They try to solve their problems themselves." Sengar agreed, saying, "Though the person might be perfectly alright, they always feel they aren't well. These people are concerned about their physical appearances. That's the reason they often find faults with their health."
Damn! All of these lectures on how one can make his first Millions! Devil is a big loser!
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by Nobody: 6:19am On Jul 22, 2015
MizMyColi:

@ your last statement, I think I can relate.

Well, like the saying goes, where there's a will, there's a way. You just keep on.
Let his sovereign hand be your guide.
Was just going tru this. A lot has happened..We created a kind of confidence group..looking at it from a very unusual and uncommon neutral angle...It's been wow cos during discussion even life gets redefined

1 Like

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by MizMyColi(f): 8:24am On Jul 22, 2015
Phinalphantasy:

Was just going tru this. A lot has happened..We created a kind of confidence group..looking at it from a very unusual and uncommon neutral angle...It's been wow cos during discussion even life gets redefined

I like that.
Keep onsmiley
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by youngice(m): 11:31pm On Jan 05, 2016
MizMyColi:
Well personally, I stopped uploading my DP on NL because I found that I kept visiting my profile.
Checking out the number of likes, and if I found that the likes weren't as forthcoming, I'd take it down and change to another.
It even got more annoying when my "hard earned" likes got subtracted as a result of the new picture.

I told myself the hard truth, that in addition to people's general approval of my comments, I wanted them to approve my face too.
And with each picture I uploaded, I somehow felt inadequate.
Those times turned out to be my first real practical lessons on self acceptance/approval.

Second and most important.....despite my openness as an individual, I am not always comfortable with the fact that my face is out there.
The longest lasting DP I ever used on this forum was one where I had my face downwards, staring right into my bag.

So, yes, I think that most times...when we upload and upload different styles and pictures of ourselves, we trying to fill a void.... #HardTruthThough

That said, my thoughts aren't an absolute.
Different strokes, Different folks.
smiley
But you can tell yourself the truth oooo
Kudos
Congrats
Very mature comment
You actually understand yourself
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by emmanuelkant77(m): 5:26pm On Mar 30, 2016
dechandel:
I do not see how often one changes his/her profile picture should be tagged as an immature move!!
But then again with what i see on my bbm?? Dinner in a five star finds its way on my bbm..
Look of the day finds its way on my bbm
Being in a taxi finds its way on my bbm..
Haba!!
Makes me wonder if they use this to get validation or what!? From who?
And i also think one has to be a picture freak for him/her to be dishing out the pics like its hot..
And also less busy like someone above said.. grin

I even had to remind one that she was still in Ghana when she uploaded a pics of her putting on a hood and saying cant wait for summer"!
Abi i no do well?? If you will keep on blasting my feeds with your updates, get ready for my sweet observations!!
..u no do well o cuz dat person wld end up resentin u,,whc minx u inadvertently created fr yaself an enemy who wouldn't stp at do8n anyfn to hav ha own pound of flesh.... i jus remove dem simpli
Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by nairamaniac: 4:52pm On Jun 12, 2016
Damn. how come I missed such a lovely post last year. maybe perhaps it didn't make front page. What a big loss by myself&the mods.

o.p, I randomly ran into this thread and I was forced to checkout ur other threads.
they were all equally as gracious as this one.
You are simply amazing.
I hope the mods brings this to front page, even if they may have done this in the past. This is classic.

The contribution by mizmycoli was world class. me and her may have our political differences, but im one of her biggest fans in every other regard. She's as real/honest as iv never seen in my life.

well at TOPIC:
I believe most people (especially girls) do these for all the reasons mizmycoli stated. but permit me to add to them.

1) They are not sure/satisfied with their current relationships, hence they need to advertise themselves for alternative suitors. Their postures at times reveals their intentions. A committed girl flaunting her boobs/aarse, obviously has some bad intentions.

2) it shows they accredit more importance to their "social media-world and distant friends/admirers" than their "immediate environment". These once don't care much about impressing their spouse/real friends that they live amongst as much as they do with those that hail them everyday from unknown distances on social media.

No matter how f'ed up they are to those around them, one drop of " I love your dp" is enuf balance it all. I'm very scared of these once. Cos it gets to a point they start mistaking real life for filmtrick.

3) like someone said in this post, most girls with such habbits are loud. Most guys(especially guys that know whats-up) don't like loudgirls. Opposite attracts in this very case.
This is how it metamorphoses to being loud/lousy.

Exposed/extroverted> over confidence in your appearance> show off in various groovy environments> loudness > lousiness> greed for more.
You always want to fill the void. cause you begin to see things more as half empty, rather than half full.

4) The worst is this that reveal information concerning what goes on in their relationships on dp's. There's nuffing wrong in wishing happy birthdays, Val's day, thanks hun for the date. but when you start placing the negative stuffs that goes on within you both as D.M's, that's very childish. its very annoying and depicts an idea of shallow-mindedness/razzness.
Some girls have issues with their guys and immediately express it on dm's. whenever a girl does this it immediately shows her mind was never fully entrapped within the four walls of the relationship in the first place. whenever she places such dm's on her wall, it inevitably opens a channel of communication for all sorts of people on her page/contacts to contribute into the matter. My question is this:if you ever loved or respected your partner while things were good, why would you want to denigrate him/her sooo quickly/easily?
To me, love&respect should always go together.

But like mizmycoli said, some of these rules are not standardized.
I'm an ardent admirer of rokiatu, physically and intellectually) . she formally(years ago) changed dp's like crase. she was also posted stuffs that exposed her to insults and e-fights. back then I was always wondering if she had a guy. or how serious they were. cause I WD never have allowed my girlfriend to do such on a faceless forum. it would look like she's falling my hand. But overnight, and for the next twelve months, she suddenly changed. Then I believed either her guy would have had a serious talk with her or Allah appeared to her. it just has to be either of both. Any which way, I prefare her this way. And to make matters even better, I know she hasn't lost her sence of humour/intelligence one bit. I'm a christian and dont I can ever marry a Muslim, even though I respect their religion. But if theirs any Muslim I can marry comfortably, it has to be rokiatu. The girl set die, interesting, fun, spontaneous, brave (not scared to fight, no matter how many the adversaries are) iv seen her battle with a crowd of 100guys at a time, without loosing her class. That's da kinda strong girl every man needs as long as they don't become victims of her extremes. which I noticed she also knows when to draw the line. I see nuffing wrong in a girl standing up for what's right, but nuffing beats when you do that with class.

Now, enough of others, let me classify myself.

I don't change dp's frequently above all reasons , cos I'm a guy. its a gays trait for a guy to be so conscious if his looks/location. and trust me, I'm very good looking. but I'm more concerned with my intelligence, sexual performance and privacy.
I cherish my privacy to the fullest. even though I'm very extroverted. I'm extroverted only amongst my immediate circle. I'm more of a wild-introvert.

coming to NairaLand, I can never place my pic for over 2million members to see. Truth is most people that place their pics on this forum are usually limited by the act. Their are some certain things you can't say because you can easily be figured out and you have probably made some real-life friends from this forum already.

To me, my real-life would forever be bigger and more important than any sort of forum or social media.

shout out to the real peeps that commented on this thread:
mizmycoli

kashisbabie, keep it up. we luv you.

1 Like

Re: Is (excessive/frequent) Changing Of Display Picture A Sign Of Immaturity? by nairamaniac: 4:53pm On Jun 12, 2016
Damn. how come I missed such a lovely post last year. maybe perhaps it didn't make front page. What a big loss by myself&the mods.
Kashis, hope you wouldn't mind if I remix this topic again as a new topic.

send me your account number, let me pay all the patent-fees.

o.p, I randomly ran into this thread and I was forced to checkout ur other threads.
they were all equally as gracious as this one.
You are simply amazing.
I hope the mods brings this to front page, even if they may have done this in the past. This is classic.

The contribution by mizmycoli was world class. me and her may have our political differences, but im one of her biggest fans in every other regard. She's as real/honest as iv never seen in my life.

well at TOPIC:
I believe most people (especially girls) do these for all the reasons mizmycoli stated. but permit me to add to them.

1) They are not sure/satisfied with their current relationships, hence they need to advertise themselves for alternative suitors. Their postures at times reveals their intentions. A committed girl flaunting her boobs/aarse, obviously has some bad intentions.

2) it shows they accredit more importance to their "social media-world and distant friends/admirers" than their "immediate environment". These once don't care much about impressing their spouse/real friends that they live amongst as much as they do with those that hail them everyday from unknown distances on social media.

No matter how f'ed up they are to those around them, one drop of " I love your dp" is enuf balance it all. I'm very scared of these once. Cos it gets to a point they start mistaking real life for filmtrick.

3) like someone said in this post, most girls with such habbits are loud. Most guys(especially guys that know whats-up) don't like loudgirls. Opposite attracts in this very case.
This is how it metamorphoses to being loud/lousy.

Exposed/extroverted> over confidence in your appearance> show off in various groovy environments> loudness > lousiness> greed for more.
You always want to fill the void. cause you begin to see things more as half empty, rather than half full.

4) The worst is this that reveal information concerning what goes on in their relationships on dp's. There's nuffing wrong in wishing happy birthdays, Val's day, thanks hun for the date. but when you start placing the negative stuffs that goes on within you both as D.M's, that's very childish. its very annoying and depicts an idea of shallow-mindedness/razzness.
Some girls have issues with their guys and immediately express it on dm's. whenever a girl does this it immediately shows her mind was never fully entrapped within the four walls of the relationship in the first place. whenever she places such dm's on her wall, it inevitably opens a channel of communication for all sorts of people on her page/contacts to contribute into the matter. My question is this:if you ever loved or respected your partner while things were good, why would you want to denigrate him/her sooo quickly/easily?
To me, love&respect should always go together.

But like mizmycoli said, some of these rules are not standardized.
I'm an ardent admirer of rokiatu, physically and intellectually) . she formally(years ago) changed dp's like crase. she was also posted stuffs that exposed her to insults and e-fights. back then I was always wondering if she had a guy. or how serious they were. cause I WD never have allowed my girlfriend to do such on a faceless forum. it would look like she's falling my hand. But overnight, and for the next twelve months, she suddenly changed. Then I believed either her guy would have had a serious talk with her or Allah appeared to her. it just has to be either of both. Any which way, I prefare her this way. And to make matters even better, I know she hasn't lost her sence of humour/intelligence one bit. I'm a christian and dont I can ever marry a Muslim, even though I respect their religion. But if theirs any Muslim I can marry comfortably, it has to be rokiatu. The girl set die, interesting, fun, spontaneous, brave (not scared to fight, no matter how many the adversaries are) iv seen her battle with a crowd of 100guys at a time, without loosing her class. That's da kinda strong girl every man needs as long as they don't become victims of her extremes. which I noticed she also knows when to draw the line. I see nuffing wrong in a girl standing up for what's right, but nuffing beats when you do that with class.

Now, enough of others, let me classify myself.

I don't change dp's frequently above all reasons , cos I'm a guy. its a gays trait for a guy to be so conscious if his looks/location. and trust me, I'm very good looking. but I'm more concerned with my intelligence, sexual performance and privacy.
I cherish my privacy to the fullest. even though I'm very extroverted. I'm extroverted only amongst my immediate circle. I'm more of a wild-introvert.

coming to NairaLand, I can never place my pic for over 2million members to see. Truth is most people that place their pics on this forum are usually limited by the act. Their are some certain things you can't say because you can easily be figured out and you have probably made some real-life friends from this forum already.

To me, my real-life would forever be bigger and more important than any sort of forum or social media.

shout out to the real peeps that commented on this thread.

kashisbabie, keep it up. we luv you.

mizmycoli

jauntty

InZA

jnrbayano

Matttthew

ammyluv2002

and several others I didn't mention.

lalasticlala, seun keep up the good work.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Football Manager Mobile 2016 Is Out!!!! / 9mobile New Latest List Of Data Plans Subscription Codes & Prices 2017 / How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.