Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,078 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m (59290 Views)

Why Nigerians Are Not Buying Innoson Cars / The Army Jeep Innoson Motors Produced / Checkout These Cars Manufactured By Innoson Manufacturing Company Nigeria(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by austinbrown: 5:17pm On May 05, 2015
loomer:
Na made in nigeria abi na assembled in nigeria?

I really need to know
baddbelle which one ur papa get?
Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by obinto: 5:30pm On May 05, 2015
Expensive for an unknown made in nigeria car. Am not saying the car is inferior but it has to be made very affordable to the average Nigerian to enjoy a decent level of patronage and with time, the price can inch up when it has carved out its market share. Problem with Nigerian busineses is they want to make their money upfront. The priority should be to gain significant acceptance and confidence by users and then prosper in the back end

3 Likes

Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by Utchman1: 5:37pm On May 05, 2015
I expected a lesser price in order to compete favorably with very popular brands.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by obinto: 5:43pm On May 05, 2015
For those asking if it is made or a assembled in Nigeria, be informed that no car is 100 percent made in any country. The car components are most times outsourced to smaller companies that are often based overseas. Granted what innoson is doing now is mostly assemblage, but with more experience and good vision, the local content manufacturing will expectedly increase. If we can get 25% local content manufacturing in the near future that is a significant progress but the good work has started and should be encouraged not derided

1 Like

Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by eko20: 5:45pm On May 05, 2015
Made in Nnewi

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by texazzpete(m): 5:55pm On May 05, 2015
It'd be nice if for once they would show us pictures of the interior and entertainment console.

Can't say that I've seen adverts for innoson motors. Information on warranty, safety ratings, reviews etc are still outstanding.

2 Likes

Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by ithink7: 6:20pm On May 05, 2015
I'm more concerned about the safety of the occupants.

Do they carry out crash test on their cars?

If they do, such test need to be made public.
Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by elo47(m): 6:27pm On May 05, 2015
I think its a great thing. if only Nigerians would patronize ivm.
I hope they worked on safety too
Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by Nobody: 6:35pm On May 05, 2015
kemi4live:
na true say all manufacturers are not de one who manufacture all de part or component of there product. But dis vehicle non of de part is made in nigeria
70% of the components were sourced locally.

1 Like

Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by Nobody: 6:41pm On May 05, 2015
We need to see the crash-ratings, and its km/hr consumption of fuel.
Its a good development though.
Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by Ujupsy: 7:45pm On May 05, 2015
This remind me the saying Nnewi the Japan of Nigeria"
Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by Danhumprey: 8:09pm On May 05, 2015
ITbomb:

I am still having you in prayers, that spirit wey say you no go buy new things must die this year
gringringrin
Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by akigbemaru: 9:10pm On May 05, 2015
Innoson Motors showing off their newly made cars
Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by Brookcherith(m): 9:39pm On May 05, 2015
I love naija my country
Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by abu12: 11:46pm On May 05, 2015
[size=14pt]innoson can take his wayo car 2 ghana 2 sell, Apc is now on board [/size]

The All Progressives Congress (APC) has promised   to cut tariff and duty on imported vehicles, if it wins the March 28 presidential election.

Its vice-presidential candidate, Prof Yemi Osinbajo, at a town hall meeting with political stakeholders in Ondo, Ondo State, said: “We do not agree that there should be high tariff on imported cars whether new or old because Nigeria is not producing cars for now.

“What we will do first is to fix power and encourage local production of cars. But before then, we will reduce the high tariff that Nigerians are paying to import vehicles into the country.”

Osinbajo said Nigerians should not find it difficult to buy cars, promising that the APC government would ensure that tariff were reduced to make cars affordable.

The Goodluck Jonathan administration  began implementation of the new tariff on imported vehicles last year.
The policy pegs the age limit for private vehicles at 10 years and commercial, 15.
Under the new regime, importers, who hitherto paid 20 per cent duty on used vehicles, now pay 35 per cent duty and additional 35 per cent levy on new vehicles. The tariff is an offshoot of the automotive policy.

Under the policy, Customs will collect additional 35 per cent levy, totalling 70 per cent tariff from April.
Vehicle dealers and importers in Lagos are lamenting that the policy is hurting their businesses and have hiked prices by about 300 per cent.
The policy, they argued, could propel jobs’ cut. Chief Osita Chukwu, National Coordinator of Save Nigeria Freight Forwarders Importers and Exporters Coalition (SNIFFIEC), said the policy is anti-masses and should be resisted.
“We cannot accept the 70 per cent tariff hike. It’s going to kill the masses. How many people will be able to buy used vehicles? How many people can afford new ones as well? We reject this. We are going to shut the ports if the government doesn’t rescind its decision on this matter. By the time over three million importers, exporters and other stakeholders withdraw their services from the ports, you can imagine the implication.”
Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by Nobody: 11:51pm On May 05, 2015
otiigba1:
rubbish! for 5.6 million you can get a nice brand spanking new mercedece or even any brand suv in USA undecided

Why you dey lie like this? Mercedes?? Guy u no try
Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by gbodimowo(m): 5:54am On May 06, 2015
loomer:
Na made in nigeria abi na assembled in nigeria?

I really need to know

u have started again
Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by puntersmind: 1:39pm On May 06, 2015
Lol
driand:
if any of your family members see your post, how will they feel about you?
Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by loomer: 3:08pm On May 06, 2015
gbodimowo:

u have started again

You know me befor?

1 Like

Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by loomer: 3:11pm On May 06, 2015
austinbrown:
baddbelle which one ur papa get?

Ode, who de bad belle, na simple question I ask.....

Abi u sit down for ur brain?

1 Like

Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by austinbrown: 4:01pm On May 06, 2015
loomer:

Ode, who de bad belle, na simple question I ask.....

Abi u sit down for ur brain?
maggot

1 Like

Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by Druss(m): 10:59am On May 10, 2015
Too expensive for a car made in Nigeria. What is the value to consumers.. They cant compete in an open market. Oh wait, is that why they increased customs fees ..

1 Like

Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by Nobody: 12:09pm On May 10, 2015
Druss:
Too expensive for a car made in China but assembled in Nigeria. What is the value to consumers.. They cant compete in an open market. Oh wait, is that why they increased customs fees ..
Fixed! cheesy
Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by Nobody: 12:43pm On May 10, 2015
lomomike:

Fixed! cheesy

Mike, you're a joker, lol. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by Nobody: 12:47pm On May 10, 2015
victorazy:

Nawa for human being o! They don tell u na N5.6m and ur still asking how much. Ok I understand, grin millions sounds outrageous to ur brain's herz. You want to hear ur norman thousands which ur brain comprehends.

It's you who's reading, yet NOT comprehending.

The 5.6M NGN is for the SUV, NOT the Sedan. Do you understand now?
Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 10, 2015
shamecurls:

Bro. In a nutshell. Will you buy an innoson of 5.6 million against a Toyota, Honda. Kia, Nissan of Same price? When you talking of continous improvement, you put into consideration that there is an enabling enviroment to copy, clone or redesign. I think when we talk of patriotism, then the President should lead by example by changing all presidential and goverment fleets to Innoson. Am sure you smiling where u re. Its a good course I must confess, but a lot still needs to be done to convince the consumers. Patriotism does not come in when you want value for your hard earned money.

Spot on.

Just out of curiosity - how many subscribers here, who keep bleating on about patriotism, and insult anyone who dares say they would rather spend 5.6M NGN on a Toyota, Honda or BMW, actually own any IVM-branded vehicle?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by erico2k2(m): 5:22pm On May 10, 2015
Siena:

Spot on.

Just out of curiosity - how many subscribers here, who keep bleating on about patriotism, and insult anyone who dares say they would rather spend 5.6M NGN on a Toyota, Honda or BMW, actually own any IVM-branded vehicle?
None and No Niaralanders own one.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by Nobody: 9:34am On Mar 29, 2016
erico2k2:

None and No Niaralanders own one.

Exactly. If it's all about patriotism (which it shouldn't be) then it's got to start somewhere. Where better than with those playing the patriot card?
Re: Innoson Made-In-Nigeria SUV Worth N5.6m by sultaan(m): 9:12pm On Mar 29, 2016
N5.6m @ N150 to $1

@N320 the current price will not be printed

The cars are not even assembled just made in China. Until they show a sticker with assembled in Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pretty Woman Spotted Driving A Dangote Truck In Ibadan..photos / Top 10 Cars Built For Nigerian Roads / Ojuelegba Accident: Pictures Of The Container Before It Fell Over

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.