Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,981 members, 7,803,262 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

Aliyu Locks Out Legislators As Assembly Moves To Impeach Him - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aliyu Locks Out Legislators As Assembly Moves To Impeach Him (19588 Views)

National Assembly Moves To Invoke The Constitution Over Buhari's Health / Governor Ayade Locks Out SSG, Other Government House Staff For Coming Late. PICS / Election: Jubilation In Ado Ekiti As Assembly Election Results Trickle In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aliyu Locks Out Legislators As Assembly Moves To Impeach Him by lalasticlala(m): 12:38pm On May 05, 2015
There was drama on Tuesday morning at the premises of the Niger State House of Assembly as members broke the lock on the gate used by the Police to prevent them from sitting to commence impeachment proceedings against the Governor Mu’azu Babangida Aliyu.

The members, who are 21 in number, out of the 27-member Assembly, already formed over the two-third majority required to carry out the impeachment process.

However, the mace and the Clerk to the House of Assembly were nowhere to be found.
This put the process on hold.

The unrelenting members vowed to continue sitting despite the fact that the Complex was brimming with security operatives.
A member told journalists: “We will go all out to impeach those who are stumbling blocks in the state.
“The reason for this action is severance allowance, non payment of salaries and other entitlements.”
Another aggrieved member said: “They are owing each of us about N18 million as entitlements.
“This was after paying us half salaries since February this year.”

The Police had in the early hours of Tuesday locked the gate to prevent coming in or going out by members and staff of the House.
This, supposedly, was to prevent the members from forming a ‎quorum to move for the impeachment of Aliyu.
Angered that their members were locked out, some members of the Assembly, who were inside stormed, the gate and ordered the most senior officer guarding the gate to open it.

But the police officer, a Deputy Superintendent ‎of Police, said he was not with the keys of the gate.
To this end, the legislators, after pleading with the DSP to no avail, got a stone and proceeded to break the padlock.

Angrily, they shouted: “Are we prisoners?

“Did we beat anyone?
“Did we cause riot?
“Why should you lock us in?
“These people are trying to create trouble when there is no trouble.”

http://theeagleonline.com.ng/breaking-news-aliyu-locks-out-legislators-as-assembly-moves-to-impeach-him/

Re: Aliyu Locks Out Legislators As Assembly Moves To Impeach Him by midolian(m): 12:39pm On May 05, 2015
Impeachment wey don dey long overdue... I am strongly in support of this. Impeach the opolo eye undecided undecided

9 Likes

Re: Aliyu Locks Out Legislators As Assembly Moves To Impeach Him by Nobody: 12:42pm On May 05, 2015
Jonathanohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shocked
This is serious

Ok...see the story".......however, the mace and the Clerk to the House of Assembly were nowhere to be found. This put the process on hold". Couldn't they have improvised? Ordinary mace abi maize grin and clerk grin We can redesign another wood in form of mace and employ a clerk in Niger State at N23,000 per month inclusive of pension, gratuity and taxes.
Now Enugu, Niger governors are going...remaining Akwa-Ibom, Ebonyi and Abia respectively shocked
This PDP governors and their lawmakers sef grin

2 Likes

Re: Aliyu Locks Out Legislators As Assembly Moves To Impeach Him by Mogidi: 12:42pm On May 05, 2015
“They are owing each of us about N18 million as entitlements.

So this impeachment is about your loss of pay not for the citizens of Niger state. There should be an easier method for citizens to recall their reps, the current cumbersome system is still tilted in favour of our reps.

It would be good to remove the governor but it would be sweeter to remove the free loading reps.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aliyu Locks Out Legislators As Assembly Moves To Impeach Him by ozoigbondu: 12:44pm On May 05, 2015
Useless billboard governor.

The lawmakers are useless too.They want to impeach the billboard buffon not because he is not working but because they where not paid their salaries and he denied them severance packages

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aliyu Locks Out Legislators As Assembly Moves To Impeach Him by phlemzy: 12:46pm On May 05, 2015
I just love Nigerians!
Now Trending among the masses >>>Trekking> Trekking
Now Trending amongst State Politicians >>>>Impeachment.

4 Likes

Re: Aliyu Locks Out Legislators As Assembly Moves To Impeach Him by Femolacaster(m): 12:46pm On May 05, 2015
CONFUSIONS IN PDP CAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WHY ALL THESE LAST MINUTE IMPEACHMENTS
Re: Aliyu Locks Out Legislators As Assembly Moves To Impeach Him by oluwadamilolah(f): 12:47pm On May 05, 2015
Another aggrieved member said: “They are owing each of us about N18 million as entitlements.

This is not enough reason for you to impeach him, i'm sure there are some hidden reasons.
Re: Aliyu Locks Out Legislators As Assembly Moves To Impeach Him by omenka(m): 12:47pm On May 05, 2015
Oh well, whatever floats the boats of the people of Niger.
None of my business.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aliyu Locks Out Legislators As Assembly Moves To Impeach Him by ayusco85(m): 12:49pm On May 05, 2015
Lol
Re: Aliyu Locks Out Legislators As Assembly Moves To Impeach Him by Anyi3(m): 12:49pm On May 05, 2015
Less than 4 weeks to him vacating. These lawmakers are jokers and cowards.

Why didn't they impeach him since?
Re: Aliyu Locks Out Legislators As Assembly Moves To Impeach Him by tunwumi: 12:49pm On May 05, 2015
It must happen.

Aliyu must go.
Re: Aliyu Locks Out Legislators As Assembly Moves To Impeach Him by adsamsom: 12:49pm On May 05, 2015
Drama................
Re: Aliyu Locks Out Legislators As Assembly Moves To Impeach Him by QuotaSystem: 12:49pm On May 05, 2015
These are the kinds of reps that should be dealing with Fayose, not those annoying ones that are locked out by Okada riders.

2 Likes

Re: Aliyu Locks Out Legislators As Assembly Moves To Impeach Him by Princessonelove: 12:49pm On May 05, 2015
midolian:
Impeachment wey don dey long overdue... I am strongly in support of this. Impeach the opolo eye undecided undecided
No be open eye.cheesy

1 Like

Re: Aliyu Locks Out Legislators As Assembly Moves To Impeach Him by sammieguze(m): 12:50pm On May 05, 2015
QuotaSystem:
These are the kinds of reps that should be dealing with Fayose, not those annoying ones that are locked out by Okada riders.
.... I tell you.

I love the drama though.
Re: Aliyu Locks Out Legislators As Assembly Moves To Impeach Him by chynie: 12:50pm On May 05, 2015
Re: Aliyu Locks Out Legislators As Assembly Moves To Impeach Him by pretydiva(f): 12:50pm On May 05, 2015
Let peace reign in dis country. Fuel scarcity on 1 hand, corruption on d other, n now dis...hmmm..its well
Re: Aliyu Locks Out Legislators As Assembly Moves To Impeach Him by CountDracula(m): 12:50pm On May 05, 2015
He shud trek to kano jare

1 Like

Re: Aliyu Locks Out Legislators As Assembly Moves To Impeach Him by alaoeri: 12:51pm On May 05, 2015
Useless legislooters, impeachment at quarter to go. undecided
Re: Aliyu Locks Out Legislators As Assembly Moves To Impeach Him by Myself2(m): 12:51pm On May 05, 2015
midolian:

grin grin grin
Yes they should give him a doze of his own medicine
SERPENT-LEADER

1 Like

Re: Aliyu Locks Out Legislators As Assembly Moves To Impeach Him by Nobody: 12:51pm On May 05, 2015
When you think Nigeria us getting it right, they bring another story sad...when a governor Locked legislators outside... legislators broke their way in...mace can't be found
Re: Aliyu Locks Out Legislators As Assembly Moves To Impeach Him by Nobody: 12:52pm On May 05, 2015
Season of impeachments and counter-impeachments.
Re: Aliyu Locks Out Legislators As Assembly Moves To Impeach Him by phlemzy: 12:53pm On May 05, 2015
I wonder what will be left of PDP by the time Jona is done with them. This is the party that is planning to return in 2019. I shake my y@n$h for PDP. A very weak opposition.

1 Like

Re: Aliyu Locks Out Legislators As Assembly Moves To Impeach Him by Nobody: 12:53pm On May 05, 2015
this land is not for sale
Re: Aliyu Locks Out Legislators As Assembly Moves To Impeach Him by PRYCE(m): 12:53pm On May 05, 2015
Amaechi, The Police, Fayose and now Aliyu!
Our legislators are the least respected in the world! #Pity
Re: Aliyu Locks Out Legislators As Assembly Moves To Impeach Him by technocrat05: 12:54pm On May 05, 2015
Get free tutorials on how to browse the internet for free, make money online, watch DSTV

for free, send unlimited free sms, make free daytime call etc

log on to w w w . f r ee b i e s w a l l e t . b l o g s p o t . c o m
Re: Aliyu Locks Out Legislators As Assembly Moves To Impeach Him by slimfit1(m): 12:54pm On May 05, 2015
Are we supposed to care ?
Re: Aliyu Locks Out Legislators As Assembly Moves To Impeach Him by onosprince(m): 12:54pm On May 05, 2015
Re: Aliyu Locks Out Legislators As Assembly Moves To Impeach Him by darqly(m): 12:54pm On May 05, 2015
“The reason for this action is severance allowance, non payment of salaries and other entitlements.”

Greedy SOBs, it's because their share of the loot is at stake. How does a state legislator earn 18m biko?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aliyu Locks Out Legislators As Assembly Moves To Impeach Him by winnieG1(m): 12:56pm On May 05, 2015
“They are owing each of us about N18 million as entitlements.
this is serious. how can a state house member earn #36 million for 2months (feb - march), that's a whopping #18M/month. Pls don't tell me allowances inclusive. I give up on Nigeria

Dis Change wind must begin from House of Assemblies if Buhari is d real agent of Change

1 Like

Re: Aliyu Locks Out Legislators As Assembly Moves To Impeach Him by DemonDestroyer: 12:57pm On May 05, 2015
Racist

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023 Presidency: My Allegiance Is To Nigeria, Not Anyone – Osinbajo / Ohanaeze Ndigbo President, George Obiozor Has Died / Speaker: PDP Reps Reject Gbajabiamila

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.