Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,078 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:49 AM

Lagos Light Rail Set To Commence Operations - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Light Rail Set To Commence Operations (6048 Views)

Opinion: Why Is Lagos Light Rail Project Costlier Than That Of Ethiopia? / Lagos Light Rail Will Start Functioning By December- Ambode ( Photos ) / Breaking: P’harcourt Refinery To Commence Operations In July – NNPC GMD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Light Rail Set To Commence Operations by Alishachris: 12:53pm On May 05, 2015
The Lagos light rail will begin commercial operations as a test run of the trains has been scheduled in the near future (this year), barring the odds of the importation of the rolling stocks, The Nation reports.

lagos light reail

According to Dr. Dayo Mobereola, Managing Director of the Lagos Metropolitan Area Transport Authority (LAMATA) the work might start in the next two months on the light train as the project is 95 per cent completed.

According to him, work on the first phase of the 27km Blue line, from Okokomaiko to Marina, is ongoing with the Mile 2 to National Theatre (a distance of seven kilometres 95 per cent completed). The second phase, from National Theatre to Marina, which is five kilometres is ongoing.

“The stations and terminus at all our various train stations are already completed. Soon, we would start to test run the signaling, the rail tracks and the joints in preparation for the deployment of the rolling stocks for full commercial activities.”

Mobereola, however, said government would soon announce the commencement date for the flag-off of commercial light rail service in the state.

http://.com/discussion/376/nigeria-lagos-light-rail-set-to-commence-operations/p1

1 Like

Re: Lagos Light Rail Set To Commence Operations by slimfit1(m): 12:55pm On May 05, 2015
Pictures

1 Like

Re: Lagos Light Rail Set To Commence Operations by CountDracula(m): 12:58pm On May 05, 2015
Na still Old trains dem go put ontop

1 Like

Re: Lagos Light Rail Set To Commence Operations by fendorf(m): 1:00pm On May 05, 2015
Fashola is working!Lagos is working

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Light Rail Set To Commence Operations by loomer: 1:20pm On May 05, 2015
We de wait.....

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Light Rail Set To Commence Operations by Redoil: 1:24pm On May 05, 2015
fendorf:
Fashola is working!Lagos is working
always set to commence since 2011. Confuse set of homind
Re: Lagos Light Rail Set To Commence Operations by Gbawe: 1:42pm On May 05, 2015
Redoil:

Stay here hating and insulting others while work is ongoing, according to plan, to deliver this project. There is nothing wrong with projects being delayed if valid reasons exist for late project completion. That scenario of project delay cannot compare with the PDP example where billions are allocated with zilch on the ground. At least with the Lagos light rail we can see real construction matching the plans we have all marvelled over in the past.

[img]http://dilemmaxdotnet.files./2013/01/lagos-light-rail-20.jpg[/img]

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Light Rail Set To Commence Operations by 9jatriot(m): 1:46pm On May 05, 2015
Gbawe:

Stay here hating and insulting others while work is ongoing to deliver this project. There is nothing wrong wit a project being delayed for valid reasons. That scenario cannot compare with the PDP example where billions are allocated with zilch on the ground.

Is that first picture a model or a real life photo?
Re: Lagos Light Rail Set To Commence Operations by Gbawe: 1:50pm On May 05, 2015
9jatriot:

The first is a model and the second real and ongoing construction of the sort of model depicted in the rendering. Point is that the project may be delayed but it is 100% under construction with real bricks and mortars Lagosians can see. A laudable, exemplary and superlative project any progressive Nigerian should praise yet we know haters will always hate.

15 Likes

Re: Lagos Light Rail Set To Commence Operations by Redoil: 1:51pm On May 05, 2015
You this tout with clawmark face should stop spamming my mention or i will come to ur hood in that slum at barriga canal to add more claw to ur face.
Any way how are yo enjoying the victory by the janajawe.edian party in the last poll
Gbawe:

Stay here hating and insulting others while work is ongoing, according to plan, to deliver this project. There is nothing wrong with projects being delayed if valid reasons exist for late project completion. That scenario of project delay cannot compare with the PDP example where billions are allocated with zilch on the ground. At least with the Lagos light rail we can see real construction matching the plans we have all marvelled over in the past.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Light Rail Set To Commence Operations by MEILYN(m): 1:52pm On May 05, 2015
9jatriot:

The first picture isn't real. Read his comment again and understand what he is trying to pass across.
Re: Lagos Light Rail Set To Commence Operations by GboyegaD(m): 1:54pm On May 05, 2015
I hope they complete the project on time as it has taken so much time. Hope they made provisions for Park 'n' Ride.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Light Rail Set To Commence Operations by Gbawe: 1:54pm On May 05, 2015
Redoil:
You this tout with clawmark face should stop spamming my mention or i will come to ur hood in that slum at barriga canal to add more claw to ur face.
Any way how are yo enjoying the victory by the janajawe.edian party in the last poll

Super thrilled buddy. How are you mourning enjoying the loss of the "nest of killers"? Hope you are now able to eat and bathe as you have been unable to do for the past few weeks? Anyway, when your depression 'lifts', and you are able to leave your wretched and rancid room, come and find me in Bariga. I will be waiting for you. cool cool

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Light Rail Set To Commence Operations by OoduaVanguard: 1:56pm On May 05, 2015
Eko 'o no baje o. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lagos Light Rail Set To Commence Operations by Gbawe: 2:01pm On May 05, 2015
OoduaVanguard:
Eko 'o no baje o. cheesy

Lai lai. cool cool
Re: Lagos Light Rail Set To Commence Operations by Redoil: 2:01pm On May 05, 2015
Gbawe:

Super thrilled buddy. How are you mourning enjoying the loss of the "nest of killers"? Hope you are now able to eat and bathe as you have been unable to do for the past few weeks? Anyway, when your depression 'lifts', and you are able to leave your wretched and rancid room, come and find me in Bariga slum . I will be waiting for you. cool cool
clown gbawe living in bariag slum raining season is coming have you gotten ur lifebouy and wooden cannoe? I hope so for tinubu will not come to ur rescue as he has always doing in the past whenever you are hungry.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Light Rail Set To Commence Operations by Nobody: 2:04pm On May 05, 2015
We have been hearing this same story since 2012!!!

We are waiting...
Re: Lagos Light Rail Set To Commence Operations by sammyj: 2:12pm On May 05, 2015
This is change playing out and not TAN olodo people with dead old train !!! grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Light Rail Set To Commence Operations by 9jatriot(m): 2:27pm On May 05, 2015
Gbawe:

The first is a model and the second real and ongoing construction of the sort of model depicted in the rendering. Point is that the project may be delayed but it is 100% under construction with real bricks and mortars Lagosians can see. A laudable, exemplary and superlative project any progressive Nigerian should praise yet we know haters will always hate.
MEILYN:
The first picture isn't real. Read his comment again and understand what he is trying to pass across.

The model and real life were almost looking same so needed to clarify. Meilyn, cool down, we de same camp.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Light Rail Set To Commence Operations by eaglechild: 2:36pm On May 05, 2015
I hope they will not dash our hopes with this one.
Smells of white elephant.
Ambode should try and complete it.
Re: Lagos Light Rail Set To Commence Operations by Nobody: 3:58pm On May 05, 2015
Hello, i can authoritatively confirm that work has gone far more than what u posted...As far as Alaba Suru is concerned, it is more than 90% ready...

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Light Rail Set To Commence Operations by Demdem(m): 4:13pm On May 05, 2015
barcanista:

We are waiting...

Where are the floating cities Jonah-daft promised us here in ss? Even if it's not completed, let me see the work that have been done?

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Light Rail Set To Commence Operations by OoduaVanguard: 4:27pm On May 05, 2015
Demdem:

Where are the floating cities Jonah-daft promised us here in ss? Even if it's not completed, let me see the work that have been done?

Choi! See finishing. cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Light Rail Set To Commence Operations by 9jatriot(m): 4:29pm On May 05, 2015
Demdem:

The floating cities sink, no sank, no sunk. whatever...

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Light Rail Set To Commence Operations by Nobody: 4:33pm On May 05, 2015
barcanista:

We are waiting...

When are you trekking to Otuoke to congratulate your boss ?

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Light Rail Set To Commence Operations by Nobody: 4:46pm On May 05, 2015
Bluetooth2:

When are you trekking to Otuoke to congratulate your boss ?
When you are ready....
Re: Lagos Light Rail Set To Commence Operations by bashydemy(m): 4:50pm On May 05, 2015
Lagos is working and haters are hating.....
Re: Lagos Light Rail Set To Commence Operations by Nobody: 5:03pm On May 05, 2015
barcanista:
When you are ready....

If I didn't follow you when the going was good, what makes you think I will whe he's out of power ? Enjoy your loss by yourselves because I don't roll with losers tongue

Gej till may 29

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Light Rail Set To Commence Operations by Nobody: 5:05pm On May 05, 2015
Bluetooth2:

If I didn't follow you when the going was good, what makes you think I will whe he's out of power ? Enjoy your loss by yourselves because I don't roll with losers tongue

Gej till may 29
The "loser" is a global stateman in the league of Jimi Carter and Tony Blair grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Light Rail Set To Commence Operations by Gbawe: 5:10pm On May 05, 2015
bashydemy:
Lagos is working and haters are hating.....

That is precisely what it is. Now that Lagos is under the ruling Party then I will expect the State to be even more drastically transformed in the next 8 year than we have ever seen. Some of these haters may be dead from heart failure and stress-related ailments before then.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Light Rail Set To Commence Operations by fendorf(m): 5:14pm On May 05, 2015
Redoil:
if u have brain u will know railway line is not something you build in a year or two

1 Like

Re: Lagos Light Rail Set To Commence Operations by Gbawe: 5:16pm On May 05, 2015

National theatre Station.

Actual image of National Theatre Station under construction.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Whistleblower: 5000 Tips Received, N11bn Recovered - Adeosun / Edo State Government Rename Oshiomole's Street After Saraki / APC Registration: Senator Orji Kalu Revalidates Membership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.