Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,813 members, 7,806,283 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:00 PM

Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies (139506 Views)

Top 13 Highest Paying Companies In Nigeria 2016 / 17 Best-paying Jobs In Nigeria / Best Paying Oil Companies In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by Nobody: 6:08pm On May 05, 2015
g
Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by juniormusa(m): 6:08pm On May 05, 2015
Money is good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by arabbunkum: 6:09pm On May 05, 2015
Remove Dangote from that list! Most of the good things you hear on the media concerning Dangote is scam.
I have direct contacts there. Never dream to work with Dangote unless you have no other options. The pay is poor and other conditions of service are just too meager.
Don't say I didn't warn you!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by Ayoswit(f): 6:10pm On May 05, 2015
k

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by Sammyramirez: 6:11pm On May 05, 2015
Almighty God, I pray you open my own chapter of fulfilling opportunity to me in Jesus Name..... I'm a graduate as well as a footballer, I need God's intervention to make my efforts count!!

4 Likes

Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by Nobody: 6:11pm On May 05, 2015
dearpreye:

That's because their workers are usually exposed to some of the most critical and risky jobs- especially those offshore!
that is exactly the same risk the man who works in delta afrik and the rest of our crazy indigenous companies is exposed to,but they are paid peanuts...life in this shit hole called naija is unfair...there needs to be new labour laws... sad embarassed

7 Likes

Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by KingTom(m): 6:12pm On May 05, 2015
dearpreye:

That's because their workers are usually exposed to some of the most critical and risky jobs- especially those offshore!
And Soldiers aren't?

3 Likes

Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by jossy404: 6:13pm On May 05, 2015
voltron:
@OP.. there are 2 companies I know in Lagos that beat your list by a mile for Analyst and Associate positions. one pays in USD (Tax-free) minimum $5,700 per month. you can only imagine the pay package from SA upwards to SVP

Bros are you aware that it is illegal to pay a staff working in your country with foreign currency, so confirm your information well

@OP it is evident you don't have any idea of the Oil and Gas company salary structure. Go and do your research well and know that many companies pay more than most of the companies you mentioned

1 Like

Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by Bollinger(m): 6:14pm On May 05, 2015
gabriel212:

My sister Dangote did not pay upto your expectation( I know this coz my wife work there)
many coy with just bungalow structure pay cool cash

You are probably the smartest guy in the forum. So many chase the so called big companies and don't realize that there are some under G companies paying some stu.pid money. For example, there is an ad agency called cosse'bates owned by one Mr Funmi Onabolu, located in ikeja. Brother, you will be amazed at the working conditions and salary structure of this company. And there are many like that all over the place. The important thing in life is to make yourself marketable and you will be indispensable.

6 Likes

Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by McStoic(m): 6:14pm On May 05, 2015
shachris03:
How much do Nigerian companies really pay? Although not everyone considers pay package as the first thing for picking up a particular job, but there is no denying that pay packages determine a whole lot of things when it comes to picking up jobs.

It does seem like many corporate organisations are waking up to the reality that if they must engage and keep the best hands, paying encouraging salaries, rather than stipends is the right thing.

As far as Nigeria is concerned, which companies are doing well at rewarding labour? We are going to look at a few of them and the industries they represent. It is also important to note that within same industry, there are disparities in salary scale depending on company policies, department and of course the level of the staff in the company – entry, middle or management.

1. Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Ltd (Oil & Gas) is a Joint Venture between Shell and The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC)andranks topmost on the list of companies that pays the highest salaries in Nigeria. The Company pays its entry level staff between N1million to as high as N2.5million (even as high as N6million) to junior staff depending on department and skills required.

2. Chevron (Oil & Gas) is also one of the top in the list of highest paying companies. The company operates in the Oil & Gas industry and is reputable for making its workers smile with juicy salary packages and other perks. Maybe this is due to its American background. Chevron pays a salary range of between around N2 – N2.5million in salary for her entry level staff per annum.

3. Mobil Oil & Gas Multinational (Also known as Exxonmobil) (Oil & Gas). Also with an American root Mobil has a strong base in the country and is the world’s largest publicly traded international oil and Gas Company, the world’s largest refiner and marketer of petroleum products and also a technology company, applying science and innovation to find better, safer and cleaner ways to deliver the energy the world needs. Exxonmobil pays around N3.6million – N9.6million in annual salary at entry level and that depends on your duty and which of the departments of the company you work with.

4. NNPC Oil & Gas (Oil & Gas) This is Nigeria owned oil and gas company and it’s just natural to be interested in what it pays its employees. With its Corporate Headquarters located at NNPC Towers, Central Business District, Herbert Macaulay Way, P.M.B. 190, Garki, Abuja, this custodian of Nigeria’s national wealth pays about N1.56million for entry level staff per annum.

5. MTN (Telecoms) There is no arguing the fact that MTN is the most widely known Telecoms Company in Nigeria. The company’s branded yellow colour stands out conspicuously anywhere. The company has gained so much ground and share of the industry that the rest are only playing catch up. That is why it is the number 5th best company in Nigeria. MTN pays her entry level staff up to N2.5million per annum.

Other companies that are within the top 10 bracket of highest paying companies in Nigeria are:

6. Nestle Nigeria Plc (FCMG) is probably the most recognised name in Nigeria as far as house-hold items are concerned. The company which pays about N1million to N2.5million in annual salaries. This is apart from the several house-hold items as perks.

7. Nigeria Civil Service (Government) a lot of people believe offers some level of job security. Sack is not common as it is in the private sector. Although there are no standards across all ministries under the government, hence some pay more than the others. At entry level for example in the Nigerian Customs the annual salary is between N960,000 – N1.2million and some of course pay less.

8. Total Oil (Oil & Gas), a major player in the O&G industry in Nigeria. This company pays its entry level staff anything from N5million and above in annual salary. Sometimes a staff in a place like Port-Harcourt may earn more than one in Lagos, though they are in the same level.

9. Dangote Group (FCMG) is another very well-known name in Nigeria and across Africa. The Group has interests in different economic sectors from building materials to daily house-hold needs. And its staff enjoys different salary packages across the different companies under the conglomerate, bearing in mind the standard national minimum wage.

10. Nigeria Breweries (FCMG) is another well-known company in Nigeria that has cut a nitch for itself and is very well accepted among its customers. This company pays from N800,000 and above in annual salary.

Which of these companies is your choice? Why would you want to work for the company? What are the things you primarily consider in order to choose a company to work for?

http://.com/discussion/490/top-salaries-in-nigeria-best-paying-companies/p1

You are not far from the truth. But the real icing on the cake which makes some of these jobs attractive is the allowances and other fringe benefits. Imagine landing a job that pays minimum of about 700,000 monthly and you have up to 2.5mil and above thrown at you gbosaa, at once......all in the name of startup allowance. Some jobs are more equal than others sha. Different levels things. Hehehehe

2 Likes

Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by sonnie10: 6:18pm On May 05, 2015
#5M per annum !! WTF

That is about #14k if paid daily. Bottom line, be your own boss.

1 Like

Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by mekzyjoe(m): 6:19pm On May 05, 2015
I work wit dangote sugar apapa..so I no was up

1 Like

Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by virus05(m): 6:19pm On May 05, 2015
kidnapping nko...i fit get 100 million naira 4 1 kidnap...wetin concern me

2 Likes

Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by gabriel212: 6:20pm On May 05, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
how much is your wife paid? lipsrsealed
I won't be specific but earn >1.8/a
Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by Nobody: 6:21pm On May 05, 2015
My God knows that's I can't work with any of the above companies. The pay check is poor.

Labour is cheap in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by EbolaParasite: 6:22pm On May 05, 2015
voltron:
@OP.. there are 2 companies I know in Lagos that beat your list by a mile for Analyst and Associate positions. one pays in USD (Tax-free) minimum $5,700 per month. you can only imagine the pay package from SA upwards to SVP

You CANNOT pay a NIGERIAN in dollars. That is illegal. Only an expatriate can get paid in dollars. Either the pay you stated is for foreigners or you are posting "fabuuu"
Also, for where you see "tax free". Any company doing legitimate business in Nigeria will remove eligible taxes before you receive your pay. It isn't optional unless again, you are a foreigner and your country has bilateral tax agreements with Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by gabriel212: 6:22pm On May 05, 2015
Bollinger:

You are probably the smartest guy in the forum. So many chase the so called big companies and don't realize that there are some under G companies paying some stu.pid money. For example, there is an ad agency called cosse'bates owned by one Mr Funmi Onabolu, located in ikeja. Brother, you will be amazed at the working conditions and salary structure of this company. And there are many like that all over the place. The important thing in life is to make yourself marketable and you will be indispensable.
U r right.
until u get there u won't believe
Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by Nobody: 6:24pm On May 05, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
I have always dreamt of working in Dangote group. I hear they pay well and treat their staff well.

Dangote seems to be the highest employer of labour in Nigeria. Abi?

Why do you keep uploading different pictures of different people? Are you immature?
Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by eluquenson(m): 6:24pm On May 05, 2015
@Op, Commercial Banks nko
Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by Nobody: 6:24pm On May 05, 2015
sonnie10:
#5M per annum !! WTF

That is about #14k if paid daily. Bottom line, be your own boss.

I tell you, but everyone mustn't be a boss.

See as guys are happy for the pay.
IzonOwei:
that is exactly the same risk the man who works in delta afrik and the rest of our crazy indigenous companies is exposed to,but they are paid peanuts...life in this shit hole called naija is unfair...there needs to be new labour laws... sad embarassed

Bro, work your way to the IOCs!
Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by Nobody: 6:25pm On May 05, 2015
gabriel212:

I won't be specific but earn >1.8/a
180,000 or 180,000,000 or 1,800,000 or 18,000,000 or 18,000 or 1800 or 18

4 Likes

Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by MzJackBaueress(f): 6:25pm On May 05, 2015
RedBenson:

Why do you keep uploading different pictures of different people? Are you immature?
You mad? angry

4 Likes

Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by EbolaParasite: 6:26pm On May 05, 2015
IzonOwei:
OP mobil,shell,chevron and total pay way higher than that per annum...

Those companies pay like they are mad...

When they pay you, you run mad with amazement...

Chevron pays as high as 18milla per annum...

There is a difference between salary and total renumeration. Chevron does not pay 18million per annum salary for entry level. Are you high? 1.5 million naira per month salary? Abeg park somewhere. Even after including bonus and allawes it won't enter 18million for entry level. As an entry level Pet Engr for instance, it will be around .....................ehn let me keep my mouth shut

1 Like

Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 05, 2015
KingTom:
And Soldiers aren't?

They don't fall in the same category! If your government can't pay well its forces stationed at harm's way every minute, it's it's call!

The IOCs are on a league of their own!
Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by Ephemmm: 6:27pm On May 05, 2015
literarymathy:
Best Paying Jobs:
Pastoral work is number 1.

Go and start your own too naa. If it is ok and well organized, honestly I will attend.
Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by ifeanyi83(m): 6:27pm On May 05, 2015
dearpreye:

Amazingly those that work offshore do not get paid as much as those in the offices. I heard so....
Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by babyfaceafrica: 6:27pm On May 05, 2015
This OP can lie...these oiL and gas companies pay way higher than this for entry level...a first degree in total can earn up to 300k. Basic and you are telling me shell and chevron pays this peanuts..abegi do more research..the Lord will help you and please whee is BAT and P and G
Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by koolguy88(m): 6:27pm On May 05, 2015
op, i'm surprised there are no banks on your list. There are Nigerian Banks that pay b/w 2.2mn to 2.7mn/annum to entry level -fresh from university
Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by Nobody: 6:28pm On May 05, 2015
IzonOwei:
OP mobil,shell,chevron and total pay way higher than that per annum...

Those companies pay like they are mad...

When they pay you, you run mad with amazement...

Chevron pays as high as 18milla per annum...

But then, the oil workers are so stingy. Hardly they can release hand in giving. One wonders if they're into cult. I pray i wont be that stingy when i finally hit there.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by KingTom(m): 6:28pm On May 05, 2015
dearpreye:

They don't fall in the same category! If your government can't pay well its forces stationed at harm's way every minute, it's it's call!

The IOCs are on a league of their own!
What about Missionary doctors?
Re: Top Salaries In Nigeria: Best Paying Companies by Nobody: 6:29pm On May 05, 2015
ifeanyi83:

Amazingly those that work offshore do not get paid as much as those in the offices. I heard so....

Management will always get the higher pay. Any other person can't be compared to the offshore folks.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ten Tough Interview Questions And Ten Great Answers / FAAN RECRUITMENT EXERCISE / Wema Bank Plc Nationwide Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.