Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,842 members, 7,802,694 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:06 PM

Why Do People Deactivate And Return? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do People Deactivate And Return? (9107 Views)

Facebook Deactivate Woman’s Account For Posting Her Boobs Online.... / Why Do People Abandon Their Single Friends After Marriage? / Why do people travel abroad and then feel entitled to everything? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by cococandy(f): 8:50pm On May 05, 2015
For fun I think.(at least for someone like me)
For a new style of writing. I guess.
Or Some deactivate because they just want to change name, or be absent for a while and Concentrate on other issues.

Someone like me is very impulsive and may decide to change to something fruitier just for the heck of it grin

But i won't do that since I've seen that when you deactivate some people begin to feel like you did it because of them. I've seen some fools going around blabbing how they bashed someone and that person deactivated because of them.
Like their keypads can kill someone grin.How silly!

For that reason, if I was going to change to 'strawberryfondue' it will remain cococandy cheesy
So that some asiwine somewhere won't attach too much importance to why I chose a different name.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by stinggy(m): 8:52pm On May 05, 2015
babyosisi:

If you have deactivated and returned,this also covers you
Please give your explanation if you can
Chaircover aka tearoses is just one
Bootlicking not allowed in the family section FYI

Speaking on what authority if I may ask? undecided

18 Likes

Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by lalasticlala(m): 9:52pm On May 05, 2015
FynBabe:
I think some people do it because they feel they will NEVER come back on NL again only to discover that they can't stay away for too long. As we all know, nairaland is very, very addictive.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by Nobody: 10:06pm On May 05, 2015
FynBabe:
I think some people do it because they feel they will NEVER come back on NL again only to discover that they can't stay away for too long. As we all know, nairaland is very, very addictive.
you got that addictive part right
Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by Nobody: 10:09pm On May 05, 2015
tearoses:

Sorry I didnt undertand your post embarassed
It was not meant for you to understand...okay, i liked and was referring to the way you added some roar/fierceness in answering her unlike your normal dove self. I know how much you like(d) and respects her. She also respects and envy what you have in a good way. You should understand her crazy side enough to know when to overlook or not indulge her...dont quote me if you dont understand again<winks>.

9 Likes

Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by Onegai(f): 10:23pm On May 05, 2015
tearoses, when I saw this thread some hours back, I had my suspicions and hoped you wouldn't reply. Please keep up with your good work. This is the internet, do continue to speak freely. We may have different opinions but we have respect for you as another spice in the soup that is NL cool

Anyone can change their moniker on NL, last time checked it wasn't affliated to a govt ID it's a free world, no explanation needed wink

14 Likes

Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by EfemenaXY: 11:05pm On May 05, 2015
babyosisi:

Why should that bother anyone?
Are there people that bothered
Btw,the posts don't disappear,it just shows the person as a nobody and where they were quoted still remains
If the person deactivates and returns,everyone who knows them can sniff them out by their writing style so what have they achieved?

Really?

If I deactivate, and come back with a different moniker, will you recognize me? tongue tongue

And abeg, biko, tell me what Jennykadry's, Ileobatojo, Aisha2, debrief and carefreewannabe's new monikers are. I miss those ladies terribly. cry cry

8 Likes

Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by isalegan2: 12:37am On May 06, 2015
can you reactivate a deactivated account? That Deactivate button is too close to the Update Profile button. Somebody tell Seun that please. undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by Nobody: 2:24am On May 06, 2015
cococandy:
For fun I think.(at least for someone like me)
For a new style of writing. I guess.
Or Some deactivate because they just want to change name, or be absent for a while and Concentrate on other issues.
Someone like me is very impulsive and may decide to change to something fruitier just for the heck of it grin
But i won't do that since I've seen that when you deactivate some people begin to feel like you did it because of them. I've seen some fools going around blabbing how they bashed someone and that person deactivated because of them.
Like their keypads can kill someone grin.How silly!
For that reason, if I was going to change to 'strawberryfondue' it will remain cococandy cheesy
So that some asiwine somewhere won't attach too much importance to why I chose a different name.

I've never understood people like that. Their narcissistic self delusion is on another level entirely.
Anything you do on Nairaland is because of them.
If you deactivate its because of them, If you fail to post for a while its because of them, if you post a certain way, its also because of them.
I remember one telling shollypopz that I and 99cent ran off Nairaland because he defeated us in an argument. That was at a time when we hadn't come online for a while.
What a clown.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by cococandy(f): 2:49am On May 06, 2015
tell me about it.

Sometimes I wonder what some one like that could really be thinking.
do they really believe someone moved out of NL because of them or is it just one of those kind of talks people do when they don't have anything else to say.

But then they may really believe it given that one idiot was sending me emails how about how himself and 'his boys' ( pause to laugh grin) will run me out of NL like they've done to others before.

Narcissistic is a very lenient term.

fellis:

I've never understood people like that. Their narcissistic self delusion is on another level entirely.
Anything you do on Nairaland is because of them.
If you deactivate its because of them, If you fail to post for a while its because of them, if you post a certain way, its also because of them.
I remember one telling shollypopz that I and 99cent ran off Nairaland because he defeated us in an argument. That was at a time when we hadn't come online for a while.
What a clown.
Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by cococandy(f): 2:52am On May 06, 2015
If tearoses is really chaircover, I'm loving this new side more. cheesy
Not every situation on NL deserves a gentle response. feisty does it well sometimes too.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by Nobody: 2:56am On May 06, 2015
tearoses:

You need to have a free mind sista grin grin

Yes broda
Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by Nobody: 2:58am On May 06, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Really?

If I deactivate, and come back with a different moniker, will you recognize me? tongue tongue

And abeg, biko, tell me what Jennykadry's, Ileobatojo, Aisha2, debrief and carefreewannabe's new monikers are. I miss those ladies terribly. cry cry

I am sure they are perambulating around
Deactivate na
And see if I won't find you
Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by Nobody: 3:00am On May 06, 2015
stinggy:

Speaking on what authority if I may ask? undecided

Chief Dr Mrs Beatrice felicia Osisi

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by Nobody: 3:06am On May 06, 2015
cococandy:
tell me about it.
Sometimes I wonder what some one like that could really be thinking.
do they really believe someone moved out of NL because of them or is it just one of those kind of talks people do when they don't have anything else to say.
But then they may really believe it given that one idiot was sending me emails how about how himself and 'his boys' ( pause to laugh grin) will run me out of NL like they've done to others before.
Narcissistic is a very lenient term.

Hahaha! What a nutjob!
That's what happens when people have nothing to live for except their reputation on Nairaland.
Kind of sad if you ask me.

Oya what is his name? Do tell abeg, don't hide it. Put dots between the letters if you don't want them to come here.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by cococandy(f): 3:13am On May 06, 2015
fellis:

Hahaha! What a nutjob!
That's what happens when people have nothing to live for except their reputation on Nairaland.
Kind of sad if you ask me.

Oya what is his name? Do tell abeg, don't hide it. Put dots between the letters if you don't want them to come here.
Ka...sp.r
Might be an alternate moniker. Who knows his real family section name
Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by Nobody: 3:39am On May 06, 2015
cococandy:

Ka...sp.r
Might be an alternate moniker. Who knows his real family section name

Kaspr?
That name returned a '404 not found'. I was going to look up the persons posting style to see if I can uncover their main family section account.
Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by cococandy(f): 3:41am On May 06, 2015
fellis:

Kaspr?
That name returned a '404 not found'. I was going to look up the persons posting style to see if I can uncover their main family section account.
You couldn't fill in the blanks. Eya.
Never mind sha. Let the dead bury themselves

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by ifyalways(f): 6:50am On May 06, 2015
@Topic, I personally think that is the highest boollshyte of the century but at the end of the day, their usernames, their lives. Not my concern!

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by OdenigboAroli(m): 7:29am On May 06, 2015
Been called out by my real names and threats has been made to post my wife's pictures but I called their bluff. Be who you are and don't let anybody intimidated you...I will leave nairaland when I am done and no mudafoking person can make me leave.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by Nobody: 7:48am On May 06, 2015
OdenigboAroli,how far na kiss
These my brothers ehn cheesy

Always fighting in politics section.
Where is sunnybobo3?
Politics has made him to stop preparing nkwobi tongue
Sunnybobo3,u r needed in the kitchen to liven it up tongue kiss cheesy

Eeeeh,babyosisi,onye nsogbu 1 of nairaland!
Actually,some people don't understand u cheesy

It's just like being angy with chillisauce. U r wasting ur time cos she will annoy u more.

I want to deactivate again but I'm looking for troublesome moniker tongue.
No reason. Just fun,fun fun.
And oh, people should stop taking this place very serious.

Efemenexy,jenny is jadyn07(i know I didn't get d spelling sha),an old moniker.

Waiting for ile,aisha,aluta and others.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by Nobody: 7:50am On May 06, 2015
Coogar is doing omugwo! cheesy
Marriage is good o!
Congratulations dude! tongue cheesy
Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by Nobody: 8:35am On May 06, 2015
Floodgater:
It was not meant for you to understand...okay, i liked and was referring to the way you added some roar/fierceness in answering her unlike your normal dove self. I know how much you like(d) and respects her. She also respects and envy what you have in a good way. You should understand her crazy side enough to know when to overlook or not indulge her...dont quote me if you dont understand again<winks>.

On a normal day, I would have just ignored, (she knows that I dont indulge her) but she had already called me out on another thread and her comments were also bordering on my not being truthful; now that was going too far and I take exception to that.

All she had to do was ask the question and with an open mind rather than making snide comments and already assuming. No matter how clever you are, you cant know everything.
As it turns out, people have given her a whole heap of reasons; many different from what she said.

My very first post under my new account makes it very clear who I was anyway and my writing style remains the same, so I really dont know what the big deal is. If anything I should be taking the chaircover profile all the way to retirement to collect a pension on it grin Dramaland!!

Im not sure I still understand you wink

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by Nobody: 8:45am On May 06, 2015
moca:
OdenigboAroli,how far na kiss
These my brothers ehn cheesy

Always fighting in politics section.
Where is sunnybobo3?
Politics has made him to stop preparing nkwobi tongue
Sunnybobo3,u r needed in the kitchen to liven it up tongue kiss cheesy

Eeeeh,babyosisi,onye nsogbu 1 of nairaland!
Actually,some people don't understand u cheesy

It's just like being angy with chillisauce. U r wasting ur time cos she will annoy u more.

I want to deactivate again but I'm looking for troublesome moniker tongue.
No reason. Just fun,fun fun.
And oh, people should stop taking this place very serious.

Efemenexy,jenny is jadyn07(i know I didn't get d spelling sha),an old moniker.

Waiting for ile,aisha,aluta and others.

Moca stop fueling things angry
Jenny is NOT Jadyn07

People have lives outside of NL and people deactivate for different reasons
Some for health reasons; I know 2 people here who battled with cancer.
Some for emotional reasons
Some for issues that they are dealing with in their real lives
Some will come back and some wont
A lot of things are happening to people in their day to day lives and they may need to take a break at that point.
Rather than being made to look as "frauds" they should be shown empathy. Its not all about catching fun.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by taryour(f): 8:50am On May 06, 2015
greatgod2012:

With this post i'm quoting, is it wrong to assume that the purpose of this thread is mainly because of tearoses and his/her former moniker?

Can't believe this!

I couldn't have said it any better. Spot on

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by Nobody: 9:17am On May 06, 2015
Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by Nobody: 9:21am On May 06, 2015
tearoses:

Moca stop fueling things angry
Jenny is NOT Jadyn07

People have lives outside of NL and people deactivate for different reasons
Some for health reasons; I know 2 people here who battled with cancer.
Some for emotional reasons
Some for issues that they are dealing with in their real lives
Some will come back and some wont
A lot of things are happening to people in their day to day lives and they may need to take a break at that point.
Rather than being made to look as "frauds" they should be shown empathy. Its not all about catching fun.
Wetin happen na

I gave one answer o!
For me,its all about fun.
I have deactivated not less than 2 abi 3 times.
Might deactivate anytime again.
For the rest,i don't know.
As I said,we should stop taking this place so serious.
I stopped a long time ago.

As per d moniker jadlyn07, ask her whenever u two jam online.
Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by marbee(f): 9:37am On May 06, 2015
Well I deactivated from my Benedicta0 because I forgot my email password.

Not everyone deactivate because of any special reason, some may do it just for a change of name or even on impulse ,nothing much.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by Nobody: 9:49am On May 06, 2015
babyosisi:
I always wonder why people deactivate and return with another name
What could they be running from?
Somebody help me understand that
Even respectable posters deactivate and return hoping not to be recognized or what ?
Can someone help me understand this deactivation stuff
Especially those of you who have deactivated and returned,what was your reason?
Did you reveal things you wish you hadn't?
And do you suppose the people you were running from don't remember what you revealed?

Many of us deactivate because we think we are DONE with Nairaland . . . or at least we want to be.

What we don't factor in is how addicted we are to it already.

I contributed less and less to Nairaland . . . saw annoying FP topics . . . dealt with too many trolls . . . . and worse, had to endure these over sabi 'new-generation' mods.

So one morning I came across the 'deactivate' button and said, "what the heck . . why not? I could still come here as a guest, I don't have to comment on topics." . . . so I clicked it. BIG mistake!!!

A person doesn't spend the number of years I've spent on Nld and go cold turkey that easily.

I really tried oooo, seriously I tried. But I just couldn't . . the amebo was too much. I just HAD to comment!!! embarassed cheesy

So I forced my husband to give me his password grin grin . . he doesn't use it anyways; Only registered cos he saw how into it I was.

So now I'm this 'male' with a husband confusing everybody with my posts. angry angry angry

6 Likes

Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by Nobody: 9:51am On May 06, 2015
moca:

Wetin happen na

I gave one answer o!
For me,its all about fun.
I have deactivated not less than 2 abi 3 times.
Might deactivate anytime again.
For the rest,i don't know.
As I said,we should stop taking this place so serious.
I stopped a long time ago.

As per d moniker jadlyn07, ask her whenever u two jam online.

Sweetie you don confuse me tire.

I never would have guessed this was you ooh, had you not MT'ed me. cheesy
Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by Nobody: 9:58am On May 06, 2015
tearoses:

On a normal day, I would have just ignored her, (she knows that I dont indulge her) but she had already called me out on another thread and her comments were also bordering on my not being absolutely truthful; now that was going too far and I take exception to that.

All she had to do was ask the question and with an open mind rather than making snide comments and already assuming. No matter how clever you are, you cant know everything.
As it turns out, people have given her a whole heap of reasons; many different from what she said.

My very first post under my new account makes it very clear who I was anyway and my writing style remains the same, so I really dont know what the big deal is. If anything I should be taking the chaircover profile all the way to retirement to collect a pension on it grin Dramaland!!

Im not sure I still understand you wink

So why deactivate at all undecided

Admit it Madam CC, you are addicted just like the rest of us. tongue cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Deactivate And Return? by cold(m): 10:05am On May 06, 2015
This thread is heating up with every comment. Please guys keep posting. Don't deactivate on account of me please grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Should I Call My Father's Brother That Is Younger Than Me / The Fatoyinbo Dilemma, Your Thoughts..... / What Causes Frequent Urinating And Farting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.