Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,765 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

Will We Experience Time In Heaven? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will We Experience Time In Heaven? (5189 Views)

Jesus Christ's Tomb Opened For First Time In 500 Years - See What Is Inside / How Can We Experience True Freedom In Christ? / Church Where You Can Check If Your Name Is In Heaven Or Hell With Just N20,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will We Experience Time In Heaven? by mnwankwo(m): 6:45pm On May 23, 2015
OLAADEGBU:
Will we experience time in heaven? Is there such a thing as time in eternity? Will we be timeless in heaven? What do you think?

Hi Olaadegbu. This is a deep question. What is Time? Time is not perception or a measure of distance between two points or a measure of speed between an action and reaction or a measure of the distance between the beginning and the end. Time has nothing to do with all the concepts that we ascribe to time. In reality, Time is eternal, infinite, unchangeable. Time is GOD or specifically Time is an an attribute that is in GOD. Thus Time has no beginning and no end. This also means that no being or creature can experience Time. Time is in GOD and only GOD can experience Time. The ability to withstand the pressure that comes from the power of GOD is what we (everything that is not GOD) perceive as time. This perception is dependent on the origin of the creature/being as well as its purity. Those beings and creatures that originated or exists closer to the living power of GOD can consciously experience the pressure out of the power of GOD. That means they can consciously experience the motion generated by the pressure of the power of GOD. The closer to the power of GOD, the more intense the motion and the "faster" the experiences, that is, the shorter the cosmic distance between an action and reaction or between the beginning and the end. Consequently, creatures or beings near the "proximity of GOD" can experience the beginning and the end simultaneously such that their perception or experience of time appear instantaneous. It will thus appear to those creatures that there is an awareness of timelessness.[b][/b].

The perception of time or no perception of time is relative and not absolute. Thus the awareness of time varies depending at how close or far a being or creature is to the living power of GOD. Thus their are different awareness of time in all spheres of existence. It follows that their is earthly time, ethereal time, spiritual time, divine time, etc. An event that will take a thousand earth years will be like a day on the ethereal plane and a minute in heaven. That simply means that a man in heaven can experience in one minute what it will take 1000 years to experience on earth if the same man is experiencing on earth instead of heaven. The reason is that heaven, the spiritual kingdom of GOD is closer to the motion/pressure that emanates from the living power of GOD. Now what a man in the ethereal sphere (non-physical matter) will experience as timelessness, the man in a higher sphere heaven for instance will see that the same experience is not timeless and can map such experience from its beginning to the end. Similarly a man on a lower sphere like the earth will not be able to recognize such ethereal timelessness because it lies beyond his own inner purity or density.

What we refer to awareness of time are relative and corresponds to the plane of creation or realm to which we are spiritually attuned to. The closer we are to the living power of GOD, the faster the motion, the more vivid the colors, the brighter the light and the more melodious the sound. Therefore their is time in heaven but it is a higher and faster manifestation of time than what we are used to on earth . In addition the experience of timelessness is also relative and is valid for a particular sphere of existence and not others. Thus a spirit who for some reason is catapulted to some higher plane of existence may experience timelessness but this experience is only valid for that plane. Beings in spheres higher than the "higher plane" I mentioned before will perceive that experience as within time. Rightly understood, the living Time is only in GOD and only GOD experiences Timelessness in reality. Whatever any being or creature experiences as timelessness is not real but only a perception of how close he or she is to the the substantially cooled off pressure emanating from the living power of GOD. Stay blessed.

2 Likes

Re: Will We Experience Time In Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:28pm On May 25, 2015
Ovacoma:

And the angel which i saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven, and sware by him that LIVETH FOREVER, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that THERE SHOULD BE TIME NO LONGER: Revelation 10: 5 and 6

Does this mean the universe will cease at this time in question? undecided
Re: Will We Experience Time In Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:36pm On May 25, 2015
esere826:

....touche
i don't think it will ever come to an end
except everything goes into oblivion including any intelligence to measure it

Why do you think so?

esere826:

as long as there was a beginning (when things were set in motion) -which is a reference point for time,
there can never logically be an end

I beg to disagree there. Whatever has a beginning must have an end. Only God does not have a beginning everything He created including time has a beginning and therefore must have an end.

esere826:

the worst or best that can happen is that it will no longer be measured or considered, ....but it will always exist
In heaven, once you say "i saw brother Gbenga singing with the Cherubs"
Na time you they express be that niiii, because 'saw' signifies past tense

We may still experience time here on earth, albeit the new earth but will time be measured in heaven?
Re: Will We Experience Time In Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:39pm On May 25, 2015
esere826:

after all our tok
uncle, i can now confidently answer ya question

yes, we will experience time in heaven, but not in the same context of it ending for us when we or our loved ones die
we will be transformed to be able to cope with the new pleasures of eternity cheesy

And how will you be able to measure that time?
Re: Will We Experience Time In Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:46pm On May 25, 2015
Sarassin:

A bit presumptive don't you think? all this "we" business.

I'm believing God that you would have got an afterlife before it's too late. wink

Sarassin:

Always good to come on to these threads for comedy value. @ bolded,your PHD fellow must be having a laugh. Up until five hundred years ago the Christian church propagated the belief that the Earth was[i] flat[/i], flat I tell you! All of a sudden now its all global and rotating on an axis

It was science then that claimed that the earth was flat. The Bible has always said that the earth was a sphere, science has now discovered that the Bible was right all along.

Sarassin:

And the earth to orbit the sun ! well who would have thought of that? imagine commanding the sun to stand still.

True science confirms the Bible. wink
Re: Will We Experience Time In Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:48pm On May 25, 2015
Hoseaovo:

Well my friend, we have days and night cos the earth resolves. Any portion that faces the sun gets light (that's day), Any portion that backs the sun gets darkness (thats night). The thing is:

Now for the moon, its revolves relatively slower compared to earth to the point that it takes our The lunar day lasts 29 days (Sorry not 21), 12 hours and 44 minutes. And this the same time it takes for the Moon to orbit around the Earth.

Thanks. cool
Re: Will We Experience Time In Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:59pm On May 25, 2015
InesQor:

I wasn't done yet. That was an introduction smiley

Fire on brother. cheesy

InesQor:

I was just stating two possibilities, and I lent my weight behind the one I agree with. The "Adam was a giant" hypothesis is what is commonly believed in Islam, since they do not accept the Christian understanding of glorified bodies, or transportation in the spirit.

Let's talk about the transportation in the spirit to start with.

InesQor:

We may not agree on everything and that's totally fine.

We sometimes agree to disagree but let's hear your point.

InesQor:

To clarify though, I meant that I don't believe the "Eden and The Fall" events happened as they were literally described in the Genesis, but nevertheless the story describes an actual spiritual event involving man, God and the adversary.

My brother, don't bite the devil's pill. He will say that 'Genesis' is a myth while 'Revelation' is a mystery thus putting folks off reminding him of both his entrance and exit from the earth on the Day of reckoning. The Genesis account gives a literal reading of historical events in the beginning of God's creation.
Re: Will We Experience Time In Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:26pm On May 25, 2015
mnwankwo:

Hi Olaadegbu. This is a deep question. What is Time? Time is not perception or a measure of distance between two points or a measure of speed between an action and reaction or a measure of the distance between the beginning and the end. Time has nothing to do with all the concepts that we ascribe to time. In reality, Time is eternal, infinite, unchangeable. Time is GOD or specifically Time is an an attribute that is in GOD. Thus Time has no beginning and no end. This also means that no being or creature can experience Time. Time is in GOD and only GOD can experience Time. The ability to withstand the pressure that comes from the power of GOD is what we (everything that is not GOD) perceive as time. This perception is dependent on the origin of the creature/being as well as its purity. Those beings and creatures that originated or exists closer to the living power of GOD can consciously experience the pressure out of the power of GOD. That means they can consciously experience the motion generated by the pressure of the power of GOD. The closer to the power of GOD, the more intense the motion and the "faster" the experiences, that is, the shorter the cosmic distance between an action and reaction or between the beginning and the end. Consequently, creatures or beings near the "proximity of GOD" can experience the beginning and the end simultaneously such that their perception or experience of time appear instantaneous. It will thus appear to those creatures that there is an awareness of timelessness.[b][/b].

I know it is difficult to define time but God created time and it is impossible for God to become what He has created. Whatever God created has a beginning and will therefore have an end. God does not have a beginning neither does He have an end, He is eternal. Eternity is the lifetime of the never dying God. If God lives in eternity can you then measure how old God is?

mnwankwo:

The perception of time or no perception of time is relative and not absolute. Thus the awareness of time varies depending at how close or far a being or creature is to the living power of GOD. Thus their are different awareness of time in all spheres of existence. It follows that their is earthly time, ethereal time, spiritual time, divine time, etc. An event that will take a thousand earth years will be like a day on the ethereal plane and a minute in heaven. That simply means that a man in heaven can experience in one minute what it will take 1000 years to experience on earth if the same man is experiencing on earth instead of heaven. The reason is that heaven, the spiritual kingdom of GOD is closer to the motion/pressure that emanates from the living power of GOD. Now what a man in the ethereal sphere (non-physical matter) will experience as timelessness, the man in a higher sphere heaven for instance will see that the same experience is not timeless and can map such experience from its beginning to the end. Similarly a man on a lower sphere like the earth will not be able to recognize such ethereal timelessness because it lies beyond his own inner purity or density.

God who created time is outside of time. He is not bound by the restriction of time. His perception of time is different to ours and He can see the three divisions of time (past, present and future) at one glance.

mnwankwo:

What we refer to awareness of time are relative and corresponds to the plane of creation or realm to which we are spiritually attuned to. The closer we are to the living power of GOD, the faster the motion, the more vivid the colors, the brighter the light and the more melodious the sound. Therefore their is time in heaven but it is a higher and faster manifestation of time than what we are used to on earth . In addition the experience of timelessness is also relative and is valid for a particular sphere of existence and not others. Thus a spirit who for some reason is catapulted to some higher plane of existence may experience timelessness but this experience is only valid for that plane. Beings in spheres higher than the "higher plane" I mentioned before will perceive that experience as within time. Rightly understood, the living Time is only in GOD and only GOD experiences Timelessness in reality. Whatever any being or creature experiences as timelessness is not real but only a perception of how close he or she is to the the substantially cooled off pressure emanating from the living power of GOD. Stay blessed.

Thanks for the effort you took in responding to my question. The Book of Genesis starts with: "In the beginning God created heaven and earth" That tells me that time was created in the beginning for mankind to measure days, seasons, years, decades, millennia etc. Since the Fall of man in the Garden of Eden man has been forbidding to use his spirit for astral travels and any attempt to do that will lead to him having the wrath of God with it's tending consequences. If we are to travel outside this dimension it must be by God's permission and we can only get that when we repent from our sins and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ for the forgiveness and remission of our sins. It is only after this that the Spirit of God will be reconnected to our spirits as we are submissive to His will for our lives. He may then decide to use our spirits to worship Him or travel out of this earth into eternity and back to tell the story. God bless you. smiley
Re: Will We Experience Time In Heaven? by mnwankwo(m): 4:35pm On May 25, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

I know it is difficult to define time but God created time and it is impossible for God to become what He has created. Whatever God created has a beginning and will therefore have an end. God does not have a beginning neither does He have an end, He is eternal. Eternity is the lifetime of the never dying God. If God lives in eternity can you then measure how old God is?
God who created time is outside of time. He is not bound by the restriction of time. His perception of time is different to ours and He can see the three divisions of time (past, present and future) at one glance.
Thanks for the effort you took in responding to my question. The Book of Genesis starts with: "In the beginning God created heaven and earth" That tells me that time was created in the beginning for mankind to measure days, seasons, years, decades, millennia etc. Since the Fall of man in the Garden of Eden man has been forbidding to use his spirit for astral travels and any attempt to do that will lead to him having the wrath of God with it's tending consequences. If we are to travel outside this dimension it must be by God's permission and we can only get that when we repent from our sins and trust in the Lord Jesus Christ for the forgiveness and remission of our sins. It is only after this that the Spirit of God will be reconnected to our spirits as we are submissive to His will for our lives. He may then decide to use our spirits to worship Him or travel out of this earth into eternity and back to tell the story. God bless you. smiley

Hi Olaadegbu. Thanks for your reply. Love, Truth, Light, Time, etc are all attributes that is in GOD and inseparable from GOD. You can find reflections or copies or images of these attributes of GOD in creations but an image or a likeness is not the original. This explains why a creature or being can never become the living Truth, Love, Time or Light. The Living Time just like the Living Truth or the Living Love is eternal. It has no beginning nor end. You cannot reject the fact that the Love of GOD is eternal just because a coarser reflection of it found in human love has a beginning and an end. Apply the same reasoning with respect to time and you may decipher that a physical concept of time which has a beginning and an end is not a contradiction to the Living Time which is eternal.

I respect your beliefs but I do not agree with them. Human beings transcend the concept of earthly time and space everyday and their is no magic about it. Take your dreams for instance. One can experience an entire life time of 70-120 years just in five seconds. In dreams, sudden cognition/precognition, prophesy, intuitive awareness, etc, the ordinary man experiences the relativity of space and time. Stay blessed.
Re: Will We Experience Time In Heaven? by Nobody: 12:38pm On May 26, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

It was science then that claimed that the earth was flat. The Bible has always said that the earth was a sphere, science has now discovered that the Bible was right all along.

"The Church says that the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the Church."
Ferdinand Magellan (1480-1521) Portuguese explorer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will We Experience Time In Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:15pm On May 26, 2015
Sarassin:

"The Church says that the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the Church."
Ferdinand Magellan (1480-1521) Portuguese explorer

That depends on the "Church" he got his education from. Science will always confirm the Bible as you can see in the article below:

The Circle Of The Earth
by Henry Morris, Ph.D.

"He hath compassed the waters with bounds, until the day and night come to an end" (Job 26:10)

This observation by Job contains a significant scientific insight, refuting the frequent charge by skeptics that the Bible says that the earth is flat, with four corners. The Bible teaches no such thing—quite the opposite, in fact. Columbus did not sail west to prove that the earth was round; he already knew that, and so did many others long before Columbus.

As far as the Bible is concerned, the word “compassed” in our text is the Hebrew khug, meaning “circle,” or even “sphere.” It is so translated in Isaiah 40:22; “It is [God] that sitteth upon the circle of the earth.” Viewed from any point in space, the earth would appear simply as a great circle, with its spherical shape projected on a plane.

The word is translated “circuit” in Job 22:14, where Eliphaz said that “[God] walketh in the circuit of heaven.” The ancients assumed the starry heavens to be a great celestial sphere, rotating daily around the earth (so do modern surveyors and navigators as they use the stars in practical astronomy today). It is obvious that such a “circuit” at least suggests a spherical earth.

In Proverbs 8:27, the divine Wisdom (actually God Himself in the person of His Son) is saying: “When [God] prepared the heavens, I was there: when He set a compass upon the face of the [deep].” Both here and in our text, the “compass” refers to sea level, projecting as a circular horizon, at the same elevation all around the globe. The great circle through the earth’s center marks the boundary between day and night, where “day” and “night” each gives way to the other, again implying a spherical, rotating earth. All of this speaks eloquently of the creating and conserving power of our gracious God and Savior. It also gives witness of the innerancy and scientific integrity of the Holy Scriptures. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: Will We Experience Time In Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:47pm On May 26, 2015
mnwankwo:

Hi Olaadegbu. Thanks for your reply. Love, Truth, Light, Time, etc are all attributes that is in GOD and inseparable from GOD. You can find reflections or copies or images of these attributes of GOD in creations but an image or a likeness is not the original. This explains why a creature or being can never become the living Truth, Love, Time or Light. The Living Time just like the Living Truth or the Living Love is eternal. It has no beginning nor end. You cannot reject the fact that the Love of GOD is eternal just because a coarser reflection of it found in human love has a beginning and an end. Apply the same reasoning with respect to time and you may decipher that a physical concept of time which has a beginning and an end is not a contradiction to the Living Time which is eternal.

God is Love, Truth and the Light there's no doubt about that but Time is created by God. There's a difference between what is created and what is begotten. Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God, that means He is begotten not created, He is God because He has the nature and attributes of God. What God created is not God, your creation cannot have your nature neither can it become your being. God created Time "in the beginning" and God does not have a beginning, He was neither created nor would He have an end. In the beginning (Time) God created the heaven (Space) and the earth (Matter), the universe is made up of these three dimensions and they are not eternal, they will come to an end at a point in time.

mnwankwo:

I respect your beliefs but I do not agree with them. Human beings transcend the concept of earthly time and space everyday and their is no magic about it. Take your dreams for instance. One can experience an entire life time of 70-120 years just in five seconds. In dreams, sudden cognition/precognition, prophesy, intuitive awareness, etc, the ordinary man experiences the relativity of space and time. Stay blessed.

We can always agree to disagree there's no harm in that. What I am working on as a basis for my conclusion is the search for the truth and observational science is set out to discovering this. The Bible is what science will confirm if it is done properly because Jesus is the Truth personified. Those who ardently and diligently seek for the truth will come to Jesus for He said "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life, no man comes to the Father but by Me" (John 14:6). Any other philosophical or spiritual experience cannot be relied as the truth the best they will give you will only be half truth and lies a mixture that will end you in a place where you will not see the light of the Son.
Re: Will We Experience Time In Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:13pm On Jun 10, 2015
Higher Everyday
Friday, June 5, 2015

YOUR TIME

"Remember now thy creator in the days of thy youth. While the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shall say, I have no pleasure in them" (Ecclesiastes 12:1)

Arnold Bennett said, "Time is the inexplicable raw material of everything. With it, all is possible; without it, nothing. The supply of time is truly a daily miracle, an affair genuinely astonishing when one examines it… It is the most precious of possessions... No one can take it from you. It is not something that can be stolen. And no one receives either more or less than you receive." However, it is said that time flies, because it ticks away in seconds, minutes, hours, days, months and years. Any portion of time you fail to use is gone forever.

Therefore, daily spend your time usefully, reading your academic books, the Bible and good religious literatures, working with your hands, acquiring useful skills, exercising and resting well. Our text warns that we should remember God in our youth. Notable Christian ministers like: Billy Graham, TL Osborn, David Yonggi Cho and Mary Slessor, started serving God from their youth. Now is the time to consecrate your life to God.

Challenge: "As if you could kill time without injuring eternity!"

Prayer: "Lord, give me grace to utilise my time judiciously"

Further Reading: Ecclesiastes 3:1 - 11

Quotation: "Spend your time usefully"

See more at:
Re: Will We Experience Time In Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:26pm On Jul 25, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

Will we experience time in heaven? Is there such a thing as time in eternity? Will we be timeless in heaven? What do you think?

Suggested answer:

Benjamin Franklin reminded us that time is "the stuff life is made of." Our earthly existence is marked by time. We "waste" it and "spend" it and "save" it; we have "time on our hands," or we "make up for lost time"; we speak of those who have "all the time in the world," while others are "running out of time"; and, then, "when our time is up," we exit this world. What about in heaven? Will we still experience time as we do now? The short answer is we really don’t know.

First, let’s be clear that, when we say "heaven," we are referring to the dwelling place of God. Revelation 21:3–4 says, "Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 'He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death' or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." The chapter goes on to describe the New Jerusalem, where believers will dwell for eternity.

Some argue that we will not experience time in heaven because we are told, "The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp" (Revelation 21:23; see also Revelation 22:5). If the cycle of day and night is done away with, perhaps that signals the end of time—or at least our measurement of time. Also, we know that God exists apart from time (2 Peter 3:8 ), so perhaps those dwelling with Him will also be outside of time.

However, others point to what seem to be clear references to experiencing time in heaven. For instance, Revelation 8:1 says, "There was silence in heaven for about half an hour." Was the "half an hour" simply John's measurement of the period of silence from an earth-bound perspective, or did the residents of heaven also realize the passage of time?

Those in heaven appear to be aware of the passage of time on earth, and they may even describe it as "long." Revelation 6:9–10 says, "I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. They called out in a loud voice, 'How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?'" Without a doubt, how long is a time-related phrase. These examples occur prior to the eternal state, but they may support the idea that time factors into our existence in the dwelling place of God.

Revelation 22:1–5, speaks of the New Jerusalem: "Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. . . . There will be no more night. They will not need the light of a lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever." The mention of "every month" and "for ever and ever" indicates the passage of time. One might suggest that John was only able to explain his vision in time-bound terms, and that his words do not exactly represent the reality of the vision. However, month is still a time-related word.

When God created the world, He created time—there was a "beginning" (Genesis 1:1). He called the creation, including the reality of time, "very good" (Genesis 1:31). It seems, then, that time is something good and well-suited for God’s creation. As part of God's creation, we are subject to time. Will that change in eternity? We cannot be sure.

Heaven is beyond our understanding. But we can rest in the fact that our God is good and what He has prepared for us is good. "He who was seated on the throne said, 'I am making everything new!' Then he said, 'Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.' He said to me: 'It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children'" (Revelation 21:5–7).

http://www.gotquestions.org/time-in-heaven.html
Re: Will We Experience Time In Heaven? by Hoseaovo(m): 10:56am On Feb 17, 2016

I'll probably do a lot of touring of the various inhabited planets as a travelling soul...to see how they live. I probably won't decide to be born in any of them as happened in this earth life. I think I now prefer 'observer status' as opposed to 'participant'.

Well, everyday I dream of flying. I imagine how sweet it is to live in a zero-gravity environment. The more reason why I will like to be in Heaven.

But my brother, you talk of your after life adventure like you have experienced it before ( which I know you have no knowledge of). I would to know if you can remember where your soul wandered from when coming to earth. Man(Homo Sapiens) hasnt spent up to 7,000yrs on earth and yet it seems like forever. A billion years alone is enough to describe forever.

The whole mechanism of the Universe mustnt have been a magic. Its a system which you and I know is very very organised, by who? scientist? Humans that are trying to and yet not able to understand everything that is underneath its skin? Its obvious that there is a higher power.

God, knowing that humans will always be like the they were in Babel, will not stop searching for him in flesh, told us that "in searching, you cannot search him out" That's why he is God.

My point is: In my Opinion, Science among all its confusion and misconception is only helping to confirm to confirm the TRUTH of the WORD of GOD.

Now, what if HELL and HEAVEN are real (regardless of whether or not you believe)? Will it not be too foolish to just have a wrong and very costly assumption and end up in the laming fires if hell? for all eternity?
Re: Will We Experience Time In Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:20pm On Feb 17, 2016
Hoseaovo:

Well, everyday I dream of flying. I imagine how sweet it is to live in a zero-gravity environment. The more reason why I will like to be in Heaven.

But my brother, you talk of your after life adventure like you have experienced it before ( which I know you have no knowledge of). I would to know if you can remember where your soul wandered from when coming to earth. Man(Homo Sapiens) hasnt spent up to 7,000yrs on earth and yet it seems like forever. A billion years alone is enough to describe forever.

The whole mechanism of the Universe mustnt have been a magic. Its a system which you and I know is very very organised, by who? scientist? Humans that are trying to and yet not able to understand everything that is underneath its skin? Its obvious that there is a higher power.

God, knowing that humans will always be like the they were in Babel, will not stop searching for him in flesh, told us that "in searching, you cannot search him out" That's why he is God.

My point is: In my Opinion, Science among all its confusion and misconception is only helping to confirm to confirm the TRUTH of the WORD of GOD.

Now, what if HELL and HEAVEN are real (regardless of whether or not you believe)? Will it not be too foolish to just have a wrong and very costly assumption and end up in the laming fires if hell? for all eternity?

This is food for thought. smiley

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Will We Experience Time In Heaven? by analice107: 2:52pm On Feb 17, 2016
davien:
It's like a sphere with no beginning and end( if we're talking about infinity ) but in Christianity there's a supposed beginning for heaven but no end..so it has nothing to compare it to. ..just blind faith as usual smiley
Hey Davian, where have been? It's been awhile. Good to see you.
Re: Will We Experience Time In Heaven? by Amberon: 1:54pm On Feb 18, 2016
No, you need more knowledge. Heaven is up there. There's an actual place called heaven.
Time is an illusion. A conscious mind who has learned to control time is in heaven. Heaven is not up there, it is within us. OP needs to learn more.
Re: Will We Experience Time In Heaven? by Amberon: 1:59pm On Feb 18, 2016
prove to us that mars exists.

You don't even have evidence for your god,why should i even argue with you?
Re: Will We Experience Time In Heaven? by Amberon: 2:02pm On Feb 18, 2016
you clearly need geography classes. He was right. The sun causes time to be exist.
tartar9:
that's not what he said,He said time is made possible by the sun so in a place where there is no sun there is no time undecided which is plainly wrong.
Re: Will We Experience Time In Heaven? by promisechuks: 8:20pm On Feb 18, 2016
davien:
Myth
Everlasting
Re: Will We Experience Time In Heaven? by asalimpo(m): 8:29pm On Feb 18, 2016
They'll be time in heaven. Rev 22v2b, talks of a tree yielding its fruit every month. If there's no time,they'll be no markers .
Re: Will We Experience Time In Heaven? by tartar9(m): 7:44pm On Feb 24, 2016
Amberon:
you clearly need geography classes. He was right. The sun causes time to be exist.
meaning time only exists in our solar system
the sun only causes day and night.
Re: Will We Experience Time In Heaven? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:37pm On Mar 01, 2016
asalimpo:

They'll be time in heaven. Rev 22v2b, talks of a tree yielding its fruit every month. If there's no time,they'll be no markers .

Are you certain about that? smiley
Re: Will We Experience Time In Heaven? by asalimpo(m): 5:58pm On Mar 01, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

Are you certain about that? smiley
rev22v2b, says "each month". How do you count months without counting time?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Qur’an – A Manual For Suicide Bombers / Does The Bible Endorse Human Sacrifice? / Lawrence Oyor Biography

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.