Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice - Satellite TV Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice (37623 Views)

Multichoice-nigeria-concedes-to-Consumer Protection Council / Dstv/multichoice Are Exploiting Viewers In Nigeria - Increased Subscription Fees / DSTV Price Increase: We Didn’t Disobey Court Injunction~Multichoice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by emmatok(m): 12:28pm On May 06, 2015
But The Nigeria government has the power to send them out. undecided
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by Nobody: 12:29pm On May 06, 2015
sinizia:

Bros, remove sentiments or anger for the homophobic S.Ans aside, DSTV is right. Law is law, and we're governed by them. The law sides them on this one. The court can't regulate prices for them. Nigerian government just have to find another means to curb this greediness by DSTV. Because If left unchecked, only our looting elites will be able to afford DSTV monthly subscription.

Crap
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by alotofgrace(m): 12:29pm On May 06, 2015
A Nigerian lawyer supporting multichoice

I am confused! Is he trading the citizens for profit? He should be charged with treason!!

Has he heard of any xenophobic news...

I don't understand why these southern-most Africans so late naija
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by Ogieenike: 12:30pm On May 06, 2015
I found this post very interesting and a life saver at talentshunterz..com
this is no affiliate rubbish.
if you want a free gift then click that
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by ohenhen1: 12:30pm On May 06, 2015
Me I don cancel Multichoice.

The federal government should pass strong anti trust laws.
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by Nobody: 12:31pm On May 06, 2015
Why can't other digital satellite companies spring up? Who ran HITV out of business? If we had other alternatives multichoice would not have been so adamant. Beating chest for me on my own soil;do I blame them,just look at our local TV stations,so boring with their poor qualty programmes. If I check out CONSAT owned by TVC and its as good as dstv,i'll just port,what nonsense!
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by PStacks(m): 12:31pm On May 06, 2015
But if Nigerians vex, let them stop using DSTV na, which one is this one that you are using their product and taking them to court for their own thing again.

Have the Nigerian people held her own government accountable first before wanting to hold businesses of other nationels hostage.

Has Nigerian people taken her own government to court over the current state of the Nation, has Nigeria taken Nigerian companies that exploit Nigerians on a daily basis to court?

Why are they targeting south african business? Has Multichoice mandated or brought Gun to any Nigerians house and say "By-Force" you Must subscribe?

Nigerians always leave substance and chase Shadows.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by BOWOTO(m): 12:32pm On May 06, 2015
Trut:
But they have power to suck our money, I suggest Nigerians should boycott their services and go for the alternative.
What better alternative?
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by Nobody: 12:32pm On May 06, 2015
martin123:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/182469-%E2%80%8Bnigeria-has-no-power-to-regulate-dstv-prices-%E2%80%8Bmultichoice.html
the court has the power to send u packing
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by yommyphresh(m): 12:33pm On May 06, 2015
grin
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by pdrefurb: 12:33pm On May 06, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Say no to "change"
We nid transformation
I pray and hope we won't regret voting out transformation
Ɣ☺ΰ go soon kill ur sef....taniods....weda u like it or not buhari will rule over u 4 d nxt 4yrs and trust ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ fours years is not goin away anytime soon bro....so get used 2 it or live d country or elz u will drop dead....live naija and come bk wen pdp comes bk.....OLILA!!!!
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by baybiemee: 12:33pm On May 06, 2015
Pls we need alternatives ooo, the monopoly is too much.
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by islandmoon: 12:34pm On May 06, 2015
some of our corrupt leaders are shareholders in DSTV/multichoice, they are even the one doing it, there was a rumor then that said even OBJ was getting N1 from every recharge during the era of *555*1*888378787# before it was changed and the *1 was removed

now, the legislator who should have raise the motion will not because he knows he will only be snitching on his corrupt mate who will in turn snitch about his own subsidy scam too, that is why we will ever remain like this, i remember when MAMA PEACE tried to scam every nigerian for new plate number contract, i swear.. i prefer our old plate number to this one wey mama peace bring come via FRSC racket.

the government should encourage our HITV and revive it, HITV should start preparing to get foot ball right back,
i will patronize them, we should learn to patronize our own brand. NBC is full of sh.it
Thanks

1 Like

Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by okanla: 12:35pm On May 06, 2015
it is not their fault did you say this to ghana government, even go to the extend that our government cannot control your pricing. is an insult to us lets wait and see.
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by dotna(m): 12:36pm On May 06, 2015
True talk
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by Skain(m): 12:40pm On May 06, 2015
Come may 29 the era of impunity will surely be over.
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by Odaveboy(m): 12:40pm On May 06, 2015
mirabel001:
Can't we hav our own satellite tv
.......naija get STAR TIMES na....... grin
mirabel001:
Can't we hav our own satellite tv
.......naija get STAR TIMES na.......
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by ddefoe: 12:41pm On May 06, 2015
Its time Nigerians shun DSTV.there exploitation is legendary coupled with insults.its time we find alternative
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by Tselebia: 12:41pm On May 06, 2015
Then dstv should be ready to leave Nigeria. Multichoice what you are doing here in Nigeria u can't try dat rubbish in your country. Dstv leave Nigeria a better company or companies will come. Nothing naija no go see na wa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by donpy(m): 12:42pm On May 06, 2015
Finally the cure to fibroid is here...18 positive results already, let yours be next visit

http://trevohealthnews..com/2015/05/fibriod-treatment-and-trevo.html?m=1
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by Odaveboy(m): 12:44pm On May 06, 2015
Atk01:
Hmmmmmm, the attraction to DSTV is 89% because of their Super Sport channels. If another Pay Tv bids for, and gets the rights to air EPl, Bundesliga, and other football matches, DSTV is going down. angry
.........don't see dat coming anytime soon
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by omokab: 12:45pm On May 06, 2015
If for now,court and NCC can't determine price for them,what is the function of price regulatory commission.The national assembly can force them to reduce their price and also tell them to collect money base on per view bill.Imagine somebody that goes to work in the morning,coming back around 7pm,start cooking till 8 -9 pm before he will have time to on his DSTV. Afte on the it NEPA may take light or network is bad due to rain or whether.Pls can someone tell me utility derive from paying so much money for DSTV.I they are not ready to reduce and collect money base on per view the federal government should find a possible solution to this problem. In fact I can also see the federal government as genesis of the problem we are facing with DSCV,why issuing them licence to be the only one that have right to show premier league?That is what give them edge above others because most people bought it because of EPL especially football viewing center.Which mean it has been monopolize.Govt should give license to others like Hi tv to brake their monopoly.

1 Like

Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by Nobody: 12:47pm On May 06, 2015
The government should find an interesting way to deal with DSTV. They obviously don't respect Nigerians, even as Nigeria is their biggest market. Smh

1 Like

Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by sinizia: 12:48pm On May 06, 2015
niyi20:

Crap
You ended up not providing any solution, and in so doing, made no single sense.

1 Like

Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by Nobody: 12:48pm On May 06, 2015
DARR communications PLC should have utilize this opportunity. But there are always slow to think.
Adenuga Globacom shld pls step up to use this glaring oppoetunity.
Its not that expensive to set up.
Let us not renew the contract of DSTV.
2009/10, when HiTV had the sole right for EPL, DSTv were begging for food.
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by StunnazJay(m): 12:52pm On May 06, 2015
I agree bruv, but the question is: How many people can bear to be without their beloved DSTV's for two months?

At the end of the day, the least that would happen would be a slight re-adjustment by my fellow Nigerians.

Multichoice can act with impunity because they know that Nigeria and indeed Nigerians are 'ppwerless' - for now!

Trut:
But they have power to suck our money, I suggest Nigerians should boycott their services and go for the alternative.
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by walemadu: 12:54pm On May 06, 2015
serious!

Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by poshstore: 12:58pm On May 06, 2015
I havent renewed my subscription since the increment.So Nigerians,stop paying instead of complaining .
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by Forwetinnah: 12:58pm On May 06, 2015
jamael:
LET THEM REPEAT THE SAME STATEMENT ON 30th may. Then, they'll use their tongues or fingers or even legs to count their teeth. After all, there's multi choice

yeye dey smell

Nothing go happen. ..APC is already courting the South African government, the party bigwigs are in bed Romancing with the likes of Zuma. Your change is a farce!!
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by bharyur2103(m): 12:59pm On May 06, 2015
Lawalemi:
If you can't afford the subscription, back off. You can't compel a business entity to reign on loss

That's shallow,ma niccur..The fact that you can possibly afford the new fees doesn't mean you shldn't consider others who cannot..Besides, who told you multichoice ain't breaking even??...Stick to what you know
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by ghost1718(m): 12:59pm On May 06, 2015
see small south africa of yesterday dey give giant of africa (nigeria )condition...........oya make them pack dey go them country we no want again. Make we dey manage AIT AND NTA. Is by force
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by Waspy(m): 1:05pm On May 06, 2015
Somebody Pls copy this link to NBC official email/website, cc it to the National Assembly and then bcc it to GMBs timelines

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nollywood Channel Free On Intelsat 7/10 (is-7/10) @ 68.5° East / How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) / Strong 4922 Hd Decoder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.