Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,332 members, 7,780,868 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:17 AM

​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice - Satellite TV Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice (37555 Views)

Multichoice-nigeria-concedes-to-Consumer Protection Council / Dstv/multichoice Are Exploiting Viewers In Nigeria - Increased Subscription Fees / DSTV Price Increase: We Didn’t Disobey Court Injunction~Multichoice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by nkemdi89(f): 1:08pm On May 06, 2015
Our politicians should encourage our own and should remove sentiments . Imagine when MTN was given license and obasanjo refuse to give GLO license on the ground that adenuga as yoruba man didn't support him for election because the yorubas vowed that they won't vote an EX_convict was he not almost frustrated out of establishing GLO? That was how HITV was frustrated out of business too. That was how startime was frustrated by the present adminstration before they started operation.Innoson is being encouraged by the outgoing adminstration, we pray the incoming will also support them.
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by cycline404(m): 1:12pm On May 06, 2015
LordCenturion:

This guy enh, shey they take transformer swear for u?, we don't want that transformer again, that's y we CHANGE it

10000000000000000000000 likesssssss
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by Fourmatic: 1:14pm On May 06, 2015
I always get ashamed when someone opens his ignorant mouth to call Nigeria the giant of Africa.

Giant of Africa indeed!
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by arsetalks(m): 1:14pm On May 06, 2015
I do not blame multichoice at all. I am sure in the end, they will win the case. When government ought to have bailed out HITV back then, they allowed it go under. The Yanks and the Brits even the the South Africans won't allow an indigenous company like HITV to go under just like that. Lehman brothers was bailed out how many times?
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by Man51ut(m): 1:15pm On May 06, 2015
bharyur2103:

That's shallow,ma niccur..The fact that you can possibly afford the new fees doesn't mean you shldn't consider others who cannot..Besides, who told you multichoice ain't breaking even??...Stick with what you know

It's not shallow. You don't need DStv. It's a luxury and nowhere is a luxury for everybody. He doesn't need to consider them because in the grand scheme of things DStv doesnt even factor on the hierarchy of needs.
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by boxypane(m): 1:18pm On May 06, 2015
Thank God say EPL don finish, Nigerians should boycott there services for 3months!! Gbako. And d laws for Gods' sake! Haba. Allowing xenophobic rats cheat us in our own country fa?!

1 Like

Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by UpLoyo: 1:20pm On May 06, 2015
[s]
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Say no to "change"
We nid transformation
I pray and hope we won't regret voting out transformation[/s]

I pray someone donates your brain for Biology experiment because you obviously don't need it. grin
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by shegsrules(m): 1:22pm On May 06, 2015
Why can't we enjoy what other are enjoying in various countries. Pay per view, na so mtn use per minute milk us before other telcoms introduce per second.
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by soopamom: 1:23pm On May 06, 2015
It's really simple, the power lies in our hands. we need to boycott dstv. Just deny yourself of the pleasure of dstv or gotv for two to three months. they will definintely come around
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by Man51ut(m): 1:23pm On May 06, 2015
nkemdi89:
Our politicians should encourage our own and should remove sentiments . Imagine when MTN was given license and obasanjo refuse to give GLO license on the ground that adenuga as yoruba man didn't support him for election because the yorubas vowed that they won't vote an EX_convict was he not almost frustrated out of establishing GLO? That was how HITV was frustrated out of business too. That was how startime was frustrated by the present adminstration before they started operation.Innoson is being encouraged by the outgoing adminstration, we pray the incoming will also support them.

So it was due to lack of encouragement that Hitv spunked all their capital on the Premier league rights and didn't consider the rest of their bouquet thus offering some crappy channels no one wanted to watch? Or lack of encouragement that made them go off air for days at a time.

It's very funny that you're asking the pols to remove sentiments when all the complaining about this is on sentimental grounds. Last I checked Multichoice wasn't a non-profit. If people don't like their new pricing, don't buy it, the price will come down if their profits fall.

I mean, What next, will the complainers go and protest outside Eko Hotel that the rooms are too expensive? Or Yellow Chilli because the food is too expensive? You don't have a right to cable TV.

1 Like

Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by OohLalah(f): 1:23pm On May 06, 2015
I Just wish all South African companies are chased out of Nigeria and just come back home.They can expand to Asia and the middle east like MTN. It'll save these 2 countries a lot of drama and they can just cut ties. Too much vexing and ignorance. undecided
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by InvertedHammer: 1:28pm On May 06, 2015
/
If you cannot live without DSTv, then they have the right to charge whatever price they want.

If you stop subscriptions, they will lose a lot of money and eventually go out of business.

Since you feel it is a luxury that you cannot afford to let go, shut up and pay up.

DSTv is not a need. It is a want.
\

2 Likes

Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by Walelavender(m): 1:29pm On May 06, 2015
That is when U are bent on watching Chelsea vs Man U instead of Kano Pillars vs Eyimba.You pay more. Our stadia are empty today all because of DSTV showing this Oyinbo league, yet Sunshine defeated Heartland at home last week by 3 goals to nil. Our league has improved. Stop paying DSTV 15k per month without any economic advantage
*"Modified*
Let indigeneous satallite TVs upgrade and give DSTV a run for their money.

1 Like

Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by kenex4ever(m): 1:32pm On May 06, 2015
jamael:
LET THEM REPEAT THE SAME STATEMENT ON 30th may. Then, they'll use their tongues or fingers or even legs to count their teeth. After all, there's multi choice

yeye dey smell
30th may, dats d day ur lord n personal saviour will resume his office abi? Let's c hw it goes.
Ur type r d reason d old man is becoming nervous, hope u dnt make him die by hypertension sha.
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by chineloSA(f): 1:33pm On May 06, 2015
Trut:
But they have power to suck our money, I suggest Nigerians should boycott their services and go for the alternative.

I have been hearing that word " boycott " since 1200BC.

Yellow fever card/ Deportation row -------- lets boycott
Diplomatic rows -------------- boycott
Xenophobia --------------------boycott

grin grin grin grin instead new subscribers register every month.
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by chineloSA(f): 1:40pm On May 06, 2015
nkemdi89:

No one can ever frustate you out of business if you offer good service. Its a lie. Thats a failures excuse from admitting that he failed.

Can you frustrate KFC? KFC has managed to survive in alot of countries with over 700 stores grin grin grin. they have even survived, kosher and halaal laws.

So please sister. very lame excuse. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by nkemdi89(f): 1:40pm On May 06, 2015
Man51ut:

So it was due to lack of encouragement that Hitv spunked all their capital on the Premier league rights and didn't consider the rest of their bouquet thus offering some crappy channels no one wanted to watch? Or lack of encouragement that made them go off air for days at a time.

It's very funny that you're asking the pols to remove sentiments when all the complaining about this is on sentimental grounds. Last I checked Multichoice wasn't a non-profit. If people don't like their new pricing, don't buy it, the price will come down if their profits fall.

I mean, What next, will the complainers go and protest outside Eko Hotel that the rooms are too expensive? Or Yellow Chilli because the food is too expensive? You don't have a right to cable TV.
I understand your point clearly, cable is more like a privilege and not a right, but we are in a digital world now where the cost of these products are relatively affordable to most. The cost of accessing cable tv in Nigeria is much compared to other countries even within africa. We(Nigeria) gave them the license to operate in our soil we can also retrieve it if the populace are not satisfied with their operations. And if multi choice fails review the prices and polices and the enabling bodies in the country want to take it up they are free.
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by asudan: 1:42pm On May 06, 2015
soopamom:
It's really simple, the power lies in our hands. we need to boycott dstv. Just deny yourself of the pleasure of dstv or gotv for two to three months. they will definintely come around
100% correct. But Nigerians Na mouth dem sabi, dem non fit bear dis kind one at all. On a serious note, they're other paytv out there in the market why can't nigerians switch to them? The only different is the license they get to air programs. Dstv have good marketers and they know what sells most in Africa ( football especially the English league ). They capitalise on it to get more customers and most foolish Nigerians fell for their scam. As for me, I can't be addicted to a service provider up to a point that I wouldn't let go when they exploit. Fellow Nigerians The best you can do is to leave dstv and patronise other local cable.

2 Likes

Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by hotwax: 1:42pm On May 06, 2015
Our politicians dont invest the stolen money in business. They just steal and cart the money to switzerland and UK.

Although Tinubu invest a lot. Unlike other pot bellies. They just steal and not give back to the country.

Nigerians can come up with formidable competition for DSTV.

Nigerian pot belles just dont want the masses to benefit from that money they are stealing. They dont want their shishi to drop mistakenly...EDIOOOOTS
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by akaahs(m): 1:42pm On May 06, 2015
Abeg mu una switch to bein sport from sky sport its shows all league matches + other exciting channels.60k+1yr subcrition of 35k a yr.

1 Like

Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by pbs4real(m): 1:43pm On May 06, 2015
hertheytheydgee:
How government has used economic cutlass to cripple us o, we are handicap almost in all ramification.

#otueke! Otueke! Otueke!
One perssenger left
if truly nah one passenger remain,help us carry OREMUSSANCTUS. . .d guy jez dey hala transformation. . ,me dn tire
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by ziccoit: 1:44pm On May 06, 2015
Hishowlau:
No be una fault..if not for our __________ goverment

Fill in the gap abi-useless.

1 Like

Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by nkemdi89(f): 1:50pm On May 06, 2015
chineloSA:

No one can ever frustate you out of business if you offer good service. Its a lie. Thats a failures excuse from admitting that he failed.

Can you frustrate KFC? KFC has managed to survive in alot of countries with over 700 stores grin grin grin. they have even survived, kosher and halaal laws.

So please sister. very lame excuse. grin grin grin grin
Starting off a business is not same as sustaining it, the major I gave you was their sailing off, and you can't compare the environment kfc started to that of nigeria. A capitalist system of economy is not same with ours here in nigeria.
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by afortress(m): 1:51pm On May 06, 2015
shame just dey catch me lets petronize our own startimes... anything south africa doesnt mean well for us...

#thrownmydecoderaway
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by Bagayouche: 1:53pm On May 06, 2015
martin123:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/182469-%E2%80%8Bnigeria-has-no-power-to-regulate-dstv-prices-%E2%80%8Bmultichoice.html
dstv are pure thieves I hate them
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by Flyemmyrate(m): 1:54pm On May 06, 2015
old news to me. I have sold my DSTV since d increment. CTL is rocking now in Abuja. Get d Decoder for 8,500 wit subscription of 2,800 monthly and get all d stations including all sport channels (BeinSports 1......12.) DSTV go cry next football seasons.
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by Luukasz(m): 1:54pm On May 06, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Say no to "change"
We nid transformation
I pray and hope we won't regret voting out transformation
Is It not during the time of yur useless transformation that all dis shit is happening,if u mention transformation again IKU LO MA PA E,OMO ALE JATI JATI..if av violated the Rules of nairaland,Broda Seun & the admins make una no vex na dis guy wey em Mama don sell em Brain Vex me
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by yetunsbay(m): 1:55pm On May 06, 2015
Multichoice watch ur tongue GMB dey observe...i tell una o
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by satelliteDISH(m): 2:02pm On May 06, 2015
Agimor:
Lets show them that we have the power to do so by boycotting Dstv.Teamstartimes!
Startimes is nothing to write home about. TEam FTA. MULTI TV, MYTV AND DAARSAT.
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by kristisking(m): 2:04pm On May 06, 2015
It is not by force to watch DSTV.Im ok with my startimes.Those who think because of their fat accounts they can watch DSTV no mattet what they charge are the ones complicating the whole thing.If all Nigerians in unison reject DSTV excesses and boycot their services,then they will do something about it.Nigerian government and other business organisations should try and invest in our pay tv stations so that they can upgrade,competing favourably with others world wide.

1 Like

Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by RHP(m): 2:11pm On May 06, 2015
God bless those lawyers. Noting we no go see for our own country again!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nollywood Channel Free On Intelsat 7/10 (is-7/10) @ 68.5° East / How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) / Free to air Satellite TV channels in Nigeria - [MYTV, Multi TV]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.