Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,705 members, 7,802,095 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice - Satellite TV Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice (37611 Views)

Multichoice-nigeria-concedes-to-Consumer Protection Council / Dstv/multichoice Are Exploiting Viewers In Nigeria - Increased Subscription Fees / DSTV Price Increase: We Didn’t Disobey Court Injunction~Multichoice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by peegirl(f): 6:18pm On May 06, 2015
Atk01:
Hmmmmmm, the attraction to DSTV is 89% because of their Super Sport channels. If another Pay Tv bids for, and gets the rights to air EPl, Bundesliga, and other football matches, DSTV is going down. angry

Gbam![color=#990000][/color][/b][b]
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by poiZon: 6:18pm On May 06, 2015
Hishowlau:
No be una fault..if not for our __________ goverment

1st to comment......for d 2nd time 2day..
I smell somtin great coming my way...

no be our govt jor. naijarians r so chicken livered, what stop every nigerian to stop patronizing dstv for 3 mnths n see what will happen. we like shoutng n yet still we cant do shit. did I see mr onigbanjo counsel to the defendant? abi that man no dey follow use dstv?
it is well ooooo

3 Likes

Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by laboguashi(m): 6:20pm On May 06, 2015
Trut:
But they have power to suck our money, I suggest Nigerians should boycott their services and go for the alternative.

Go to their outlets and see Nigerians on long queues to pay for their subscription. If there had been a boycott, the rates would have been reduced without court order.
As usual, Nigerians would rather adjust than boycott.
You can only blow heat, no action.
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by Odaveboy(m): 7:03pm On May 06, 2015
mirabel001:
Start time ke
.......star times ......owned by NTA......lol
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by Hishowlau(m): 7:23pm On May 06, 2015
poiZon:

no be our govt jor. naijarians r so chicken livered, what stop every nigerian to stop patronizing dstv for 3 mnths n see what will happen. we like shoutng n yet still we cant do shit. did I see mr onigbanjo counsel to the defendant? abi that man no dey follow use dstv?
it is well ooooo

If not for d situation of our country and our so call OBJ. Dstv will hav settle down in nigeria then.
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by Hishowlau(m): 7:24pm On May 06, 2015
Frankicent:
embarassed
I knw ur type
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by Hishowlau(m): 7:26pm On May 06, 2015
ziccoit:

Fill in the gap abi-useless.
Somtin lik dat
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by 4C2215131: 7:30pm On May 06, 2015
Trut:
But they have power to suck our money, I suggest Nigerians should boycott their services and go for the alternative.

What alternative, if I may ask?
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by folawalesegun: 7:41pm On May 06, 2015
I have since last month boycotted go TV. they even called but I lambasted them. I think our billionaires should rise up and give this dstv a stiff competition. very soon dstv will be history
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by MistadeRegal(m): 7:55pm On May 06, 2015
Let all GoTV and DSTV users switch to Consat or Startimes and let's see who will lose.......Simple
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by mpowa(m): 8:17pm On May 06, 2015
They don't need to regulate their price, all they need do is - GIVE THEM STIFF COMPETITION, Them they beg MTN then to reduce its tariff, he no hear, but when GLO and ETISALAT came, who begs them now.

More channels to show UCL, EPL and Others and they will sit tight.
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by harbarzzy(m): 8:37pm On May 06, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Say no to "change"
We nid transformation
I pray and hope we won't regret voting out transformation
let gej get u job..I doubt if you have 1..commenting on all news..its well!
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by oluwafemim(m): 9:02pm On May 06, 2015
MULTICHOICE MULTICHOICE MULTICHOICE,na 3 times i call una o
Nigeria haS no power to tamper with your priceS of stealing and cheating us.. but we NIGERIANS WILL STOP YOU.
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by 14(m): 9:15pm On May 06, 2015
hassan85:
I wait 4 GMB to assume office 1st. Let any i repeat ANY african country say any useless thing. If it were OBJ, multichoice are on dia way to Nationalization. But tym wil tell sha.

You nationalise it, they pull off all the channels, then you are left with a name of dstv 3ith no channels. It will never happen, give up on that one
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by 14(m): 9:35pm On May 06, 2015
Jeus:
Their Counsel, Mr Onigbanjo, doesn't own a DSTV decoder. That's why he can say the rubbish he is saying.

DSTV is luxury, not neccesity. if you cant afford it, stay away from it. we cannot all drive feraris, those who cant afford ferari cant complain and say ferari is too expensive. grow up

2 Likes

Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by playboyAIU(m): 9:43pm On May 06, 2015
no be their fault na our fault, assume there are about three other company that offers desame channel like they them or even more, they will be forced to bring down their subscription price. Just wat happened to empty hen even without notice from any court or any body [i]they may end up going[i/]
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by vhw2014: 9:53pm On May 06, 2015
Trut:

i concur seriously. Its obvious they think we are the most stupid people on earth
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by vhw2014: 9:58pm On May 06, 2015
Dangote please dont consider buying arsenal anymore, plssss buy DSTV oga.Wale Adenuga when you started glo you showed us that life can be cheaper please help us stop this DSTV monopoly. e don do!
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by helphelp: 10:06pm On May 06, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Startimes

CTL

MyTV/Nilesat.

DAARSAt

They air live EPL games right

I don't think so too
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by June24th: 10:13pm On May 06, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Say no to "change"
We nid transformation
I pray and hope we won't regret voting out transformation
Ore, see wat is happening when transformation is still in power and u still say u don't want change
Aaaahh, may God help we d poor in dis country oo
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by marv1: 10:17pm On May 06, 2015
MKO4ever:
Demand and Supply determine the price
If price is too high demand will reduce
then depending on the price elasticity of demand for that product
If demand for DSTV service in Nigeria is price elastic, then they will not try to increase the price, because their revenue will reduce
but if it is price inelastic, then they will make more money by increasing the price

It is an imperfect market, so market forces will come to play
Translate o bros. U know say u sopposed to be saying this to peoplo okonjo iweila. So Save us elastic price and imperfect market.
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by marv1: 10:29pm On May 06, 2015
MKO4ever:
Demand and Supply determine the price
If price is too high demand will reduce
then depending on the price elasticity of demand for that product
If demand for DSTV service in Nigeria is price elastic, then they will not try to increase the price, because their revenue will reduce
but if it is price inelastic, then they will make more money by increasing the price

It is an imperfect market, so market forces will come to play
Translate o bros. U know say u sopposed to be saying this to people like okonjo iweila. That is how she has been bambozing us with economic theories that nigeria is strongest economy in africa. Now they are looking for funds to pay april salary. A country living on borrow borrow. So Save us elastic price and imperfect market joo.
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by 14(m): 10:47pm On May 06, 2015
firebrand77:
...abeg Nigeria should empower Star times let's do away with this thing call Dstv, cheaters....

Startimes is chinese
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by 14(m): 10:55pm On May 06, 2015
evegran:
The government should find an interesting way to deal with DSTV. They obviously don't respect Nigerians, even as Nigeria is their biggest market. Smh

who told you those lies, SA has 5m subscribers, while Nigeria has 2m subscription, Gotv included.
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by 14(m): 11:12pm On May 06, 2015
OohLalah:
I Just wish all South African companies are chased out of Nigeria and just come back home.They can expand to Asia and the middle east like MTN. It'll save these 2 countries a lot of drama and they can just cut ties. Too much vexing and ignorance. undecided

They have already started investing in Asia, look at NASPERS, parent owner of DStv, they invested in CHINA's tencent, they own 34% of tencent, which is China 2nd largest ecommerce company after Alibaba. Nigerians are just clueless about SA companies, they have this impressions that SA companies are making large profits only in Nigeria, little do they know that all these SA companies are all over the World. Naspers itself, has a market cap of $100Billion, Dstv only contributes 10% of that. So you think if they close shops in Nigeria, they will collapse the next day and go bankrupt.

Nigeria believe anything they read, dstv prices are the same through out Africa and SA does not have "pay per view" as the guys who are running with this case aluding to.
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by bishop4life(m): 11:35pm On May 06, 2015
helphelp:

They air live EPL games right

I don't think so too

i use both dstv and ctl for my networking biz. i must tell u i now recharge only dstv access just cos i need african magic. and now dat access have risen from 1500 to 1800, and african magic epic removed from it. i will discharge my two dstv decoders soon. ctl's being sport gives me all i need in sport even WWE. so its bye bye to dstv after d present subscription expires.
i wish i had followers on dat though. but naija peeps likes effizy. and yet they wantit free
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by 14(m): 11:36pm On May 06, 2015
Odaveboy:
.......star times ......owned by NTA......lol

Startimes is Chinese, stop fooling yourself
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by oluwatobilob(m): 6:33am On May 07, 2015
This is an act of irresponsibility on the part of multi choice..total disregard nd unprofessional. Without improved service una dey increase tariff. Stuff like this happens only for naija na. Rubbish. CHANNELS all d way.
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by mykelly(m): 6:37am On May 07, 2015
Justice Aneke? Nothing good can come out of this case
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by pofolo(m): 7:00am On May 07, 2015
14:

who told you those lies, SA has 5m subscribers, while Nigeria has 2m subscription, Gotv included.

Reading this comment made me laugh my ass out, 2 million subscriber base in Nigeria ?.
Haba !!!,
When that of Nigeria alone exceed SA and additional 5 other south african countries all put together .
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by yhemsy62(m): 7:28am On May 07, 2015
Atk01:
Hmmmmmm, the attraction to DSTV is 89% because of their Super Sport channels. If another Pay Tv bids for, and gets the rights to air EPl, Bundesliga, and other football matches, DSTV is going down. angry
u said it all. Chikena......
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by Azo(m): 8:25am On May 07, 2015
Only "if" Nigerians can boycott Multichoice services and opt for others, they will come begging..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nollywood Channel Free On Intelsat 7/10 (is-7/10) @ 68.5° East / How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) / Strong 4922 Hd Decoder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.