Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice - Satellite TV Technology (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice (37624 Views)

Multichoice-nigeria-concedes-to-Consumer Protection Council / Dstv/multichoice Are Exploiting Viewers In Nigeria - Increased Subscription Fees / DSTV Price Increase: We Didn’t Disobey Court Injunction~Multichoice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by playboyAIU(m): 9:54am On May 07, 2015
LordCenturion:

This guy enh, shey they take transformer swear for u?, we don't want that transformer again, that's y we CHANGE it
abeg help me ask the guy
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by playboyAIU(m): 9:58am On May 07, 2015
4C2215131:

What alternative, if I may ask?
alternative planty like mitv, hitv, deersat, stv, startimes
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by 14(m): 11:40am On May 07, 2015
pofolo:

Reading this comment made me laugh my ass out, 2 million subscriber base in Nigeria ?.
Haba !!!,
When that of Nigeria alone exceed SA and additional 5 other south african countries all put together .

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/DStv

Read and learn, in 2013, DStv had 6.7m subscribers in the rest of Africa, 4.5m of that was in SA alone.
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by soloqy: 9:27am On May 08, 2015
14:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/DStv

Read and learn, in 2013, DStv had 6.7m subscribers in the rest of Africa, 4.5m of that was in SA alone.

That is wikipedia though . Wiki is user edited content. You cant trust it for accurate data or statistics. Anyone can login and edit that page you posted and add stuff.

I for one, dont believe that SA has more subscribers than Nigeria. Of course for things like tax returns and to push this same narrative, they will not declare the real figures and subscribers.
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by Fellonigerians: 2:18pm On May 08, 2015
martin123:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/business/182469-%E2%80%8Bnigeria-has-no-power-to-regulate-dstv-prices-%E2%80%8Bmultichoice.html

Good example of the kind of licences being given to companies by regulators in Nigeria... How can a company be allowed to charge any amount without recourse to a regulator
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by 4C2215131: 4:54pm On May 08, 2015
playboyAIU:
alternative planty like mitv, hitv, deersat, stv, startimes

Very well then.
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by pofolo(m): 7:55am On May 09, 2015
soloqy:

That is wikipedia though . Wiki is user edited content. You cant trust it for accurate data or statistics. Anyone can login and edit that page you posted and add stuff.

I for one, dont believe that SA has more subscribers than Nigeria. Of course for things like tax returns and to push this same narrative, they will not declare the real figures and subscribers.

God bless you.
You spoke my mind.
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by Frankicent(m): 9:21pm On May 09, 2015
Hishowlau:

I knw ur type
me hmmmmm see you oya tell me
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by PatraSexyDiva: 9:33am On May 10, 2015
THESE DSTV GUYS ARE SERIOUSLY TESTING MY PATIENCE!!I AM SO MAD RIGHT NOW angry

THEY INCREASED MY BILL TO N17,900 ON PREMIUM-ASIA-DUAL VIEW.....I CONTINUED PAYING WITHOUT COMPLAINING. BUT FOR THE SECOND TIME NOW AM BEING FORCED TO PAY AN ADDITIONAL N2,151 BECAUSE IT GOES OFF IN THE MIDDLE OF A PROGRAM AND I CANNOT REACH THEIR LINES!

I RENEWED WITH N17,900 YESTERDAY BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT TO MISS THE 5 EPISODES OF HOTEL MAJESTIC THIS MORNING!

IT CAME ON YESTERDAY AND I ASSUMED ALL WAS WELL. I WAS WRONG!

THIS MORNING IT WENT OFF JUST BEFORE MY SHOW AND WHEN I WENT TO THEIR APP....IT SHOWED THAT I STILL NEED TO PAY N2,151. IS MY BILL NOW N20K?

BY THE TIME THEY OPEN FOR CALLS MY SHOW WILL BE OVER! USELESS PEOPLE!
MY ANNOYANCE IS THAT I FEEL SO POWERLESS IN THE FACE OF THIS EXPLOITATION! USELESS DSTV!!
Re: ​nigeria Has No Power To Regulate DSTV Prices — ​multichoice by vodacom: 7:19pm On May 30, 2015
marv1:
Translate o bros. U know say u sopposed to be saying this to people like okonjo iweila. That is how she has been bambozing us with economic theories that nigeria is strongest economy in africa. Now they are looking for funds to pay april salary. A country living on borrow borrow. So Save us elastic price and imperfect market joo.
what this means is that DStv will continue to increase her price because 80% of Nigerians are football addict. They love football so much that that can't do without it making DStv an inelastic demand to them. so even if DStv skyrocket to N20,000 premium boutquet, Nigerians will still buy. The best Nigerians should do is to opt in for other paytv that's all. but if they feel that they can't do without football, then they should get use to DStv high price .Take note that DStv is a luxury and not necessity. That's just the way diamond, gold are foor the rich same is DStv Nigeria. DStv knew that there are some lower and middle class out there so they came up with Gotv (having limited channels). but the basic ones like CNN, Aljazeera, Channels TV, AIT e.t.c.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nollywood Channel Free On Intelsat 7/10 (is-7/10) @ 68.5° East / How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) / Strong 4922 Hd Decoder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.