Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,831 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:36 PM

25 Most Inspiring Travel Quotes Of All Time. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 25 Most Inspiring Travel Quotes Of All Time. (1200 Views)

5 Awe-inspiring Waterfalls In Nigeria / 13 Best Travel Quotes To Inspire Your Wanderlust / Inspiring Travel Quotes That'll Make You Want To Pack Your Bags And Set Out. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

25 Most Inspiring Travel Quotes Of All Time. by Jovago: 9:42am On May 06, 2015
Thinking of traveling and in need of some encouragement? These must-share inspirational travel quotes from visionaries and eloquent travelers are certain to fan the flames of your wanderlust and get you out on the road. Get motivated to travel and explore new places after reading the 20 most inspiring travel quotes of all time, complied by Jovago.com, Africa’s No.1 online hotel booking service.

1. “A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.” — Lao Tzu

2. “The first condition of understanding a foreign country is to smell it.” – Rudyard Kipling

3. “To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.” – Freya Stark

4. “Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends.” – Maya Angelou

5. “Travel teaches toleration.” – Benjamin Disraeli

6. “All travel has its advantages. If the passenger visits better countries, he may learn to improve his own. And if fortune carries him to worse, he may learn to enjoy it.” – Samuel Johnson

7. “The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” – Saint Augustine

8. “I have wandered all my life, and I have also traveled; the difference between the two being this, that we wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfillment.” – Hilaire Belloc

9. “To get away from one’s working environment is, in a sense, to get away from one’s self; and this is often the chief advantage of travel and change.” – Charles Horton Cooley

10. “To travel is to take a journey into yourself.” – Danny Kaye

11. “To my mind, the greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time, to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted.” – Bill Bryson

12. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain

13. “Hitler didn’t travel. Stalin didn’t travel. Saddam Hussein never traveled. They didn’t want to have their orthodoxy challenged.” — Howard Gardner

14. “Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.” – Miriam Beard

15. “There is no happiness for the person who does not travel. For Indra is the friend of the traveler, therefore wander!” – Brähmann

16. “You do not travel if you are afraid of the unknown, you travel for the unknown, that reveals you with yourself.” – Ella Maillart

17. “People who don’t travel cannot have a global view, all they see is what’s in front of them. Those people cannot accept new things because all they know is where they live.” – Martin Yan

18. “In both business and personal life, I’ve always found that travel inspires me more than anything else I do. Evidence of the languages, cultures, scenery, food, and design sensibilities that I discover all over the world can be found in every piece of my jewelry.” – Ivanka Trump

19. “Travel has a way of stretching the mind. The stretch comes not from travel’s immediate rewards, the inevitable myriad new sights, smells and sounds, but with experiencing firsthand how others do differently what we believed to be the right and only way.” – Ralph Crawshaw

20. “To move, to breathe, to fly, to float; to gain all while you give; to roam the roads of lands remote; to travel is to live.” ― Hans Christian Anderse

21. “If you’re twenty-two, physically fit, hungry to learn and be better, I urge you to travel – as far and as widely as possible. Sleep on floors if you have to. Find out how other people live and eat and cook. Learn from them – wherever you go.” – Anthony Bourdain

22. “Travel does what good novelists also do to the life of everyday, placing it like a picture in a frame or a gem in its setting, so that the intrinsic qualities are made more clear. Travel does this with the very stuff that everyday life is made of, giving to it the sharp contour and meaning of art.” – Freya Stark

23. “To my mind, the greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time, to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted.” – Bill Bryson

24. “We travel, initially, to lose ourselves; and we travel, next to find ourselves. We travel to open our hearts and eyes and learn more about the world than our newspapers will accommodate. We travel to bring what little we can, in our ignorance and knowledge, to those parts of the globe whose riches are differently dispersed. And we travel, in essence, to become young fools again- to slow time down and get taken in, and fall in love once more.” ― Pico Iyer

25. “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” – Scott Cameron

1 Share

Re: 25 Most Inspiring Travel Quotes Of All Time. by whizbee(m): 10:07am On May 06, 2015
Re: 25 Most Inspiring Travel Quotes Of All Time. by clintino700(m): 10:55am On May 06, 2015
So true....
I have learnt alot from touring !!

(1) (Reply)

MBA In US Or Canada For International Students- Which Is Better? / Australia Hookup / Mr. Chuks Returnee From UK Spotted Roaming The Streets Of Lagos Speaks Out.video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.