Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

No Room For Ronaldo - The Top 10 Dribblers In The Champions League - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / No Room For Ronaldo - The Top 10 Dribblers In The Champions League (14846 Views)

Champions League Round Of 16 Draw LIVE! / Leicester City Officially The Champions Of England / Picture: When You Are Waiting For Arsenal To Win The Champions League (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Room For Ronaldo - The Top 10 Dribblers In The Champions League by jnrbayano(m): 12:55pm On May 06, 2015
Based on statistics prior to the semi-finals, here are the top 10 dribblers in the Champions League this season and there are a few surprising absentees

10. Arthur Masuaku (Olympiacos): 26 dribbles completed

9. Neymar (Barcelona): 28 dribbles completed

8 Alexis Sanchez (Arsenal): 29 dribbles completed

7. Yannick Ferreira-Carrasco (Monaco): 29 dribbles completed

6. Lucas Moura (PSG): 31 dribbles completed

5. Hulk (Zenit): 34 dribbles completed

4. Isco (Real Madrid): 36 dribbles completed

3. Yacine Brahimi (Porto): 42 dribbles completed

2. Eden Hazard (Chelsea): 51 dribbles completed

1. Lionel Messi (Barcelona): 71 dribbles completed

http://m.goal.com/x/en-gb/gallery/7182/galleries/11465662/no-room-for-ronaldo-the-top-10-dribblers-in-the-champions

1 Like

Re: No Room For Ronaldo - The Top 10 Dribblers In The Champions League by phabuloz(m): 1:00pm On May 06, 2015
I tot they wouldn't include Messi then I would have call the list sh!t

1 Like

Re: No Room For Ronaldo - The Top 10 Dribblers In The Champions League by jnrbayano(m): 1:12pm On May 06, 2015
phabuloz:
I tot they wouldn't include Messi then I would have call the list sh!t

This is a statistics drawn from the above caption and not a who-and-who-were-included type of list
Re: No Room For Ronaldo - The Top 10 Dribblers In The Champions League by crownprince102: 1:45pm On May 06, 2015
How Penaldo wan take enter...... How many dribble has he completed this season. All he do is receive a pass from Modric, move the ball a little bit and then shoot...... It is a GOOOAALL!!!

On a neutral ground, Lionel Andres Messi is the most complete player ever to grace the football pitch.

Maradona and Pele are complete Player but Pele can score a lot of goals but his dribbling skill is not that fantastic. Maradona can dribble but his goal aren't that much.

Messi is from another planet

8 Likes

Re: No Room For Ronaldo - The Top 10 Dribblers In The Champions League by Krasid(m): 1:48pm On May 06, 2015
No news here, CR7 is 6ft 2in and already 30 years old.Most of these guys are below 30 and are midgets.Shorter players have a lower centre of gravity and are better dribblers.

10 Likes

Re: No Room For Ronaldo - The Top 10 Dribblers In The Champions League by Yustash001(m): 3:01pm On May 06, 2015
crownprince102:
How Penaldo wan take enter...... How many dribble has he completed this season. All he do is receive a pass from Modric, move the ball a little bit and then shoot...... It is a GOOOAALL!!!

On a neutral ground, Lionel Andres Messi is the most complete player ever to grace the football pitch.

Maradona and Pele are complete Player but Pele can score a lot of goals but his dribbling skill is not that fantastic. Maradona can dribble but his goal aren't that much.

I never knew someone could hate Ronaldo to this extent...
Re: No Room For Ronaldo - The Top 10 Dribblers In The Champions League by jnrbayano(m): 3:55pm On May 06, 2015
Yustash001:

cheesy
Re: No Room For Ronaldo - The Top 10 Dribblers In The Champions League by Nobody: 4:25pm On May 06, 2015
Krasid:
No news here, CR7 is 6ft 2in and already 30 years old.Most of these guys are below 30 and are midgets.Shorter players have a lower centre of gravity and are better dribblers.
May God bless this post and its source..This is very true

2 Likes

Re: No Room For Ronaldo - The Top 10 Dribblers In The Champions League by Segadem(m): 5:33pm On May 06, 2015
Yustash001:
This is not hatred, the man just say the whole truth, Ronaldo is reaping from the 97% goal bound ,all he just need is to be at a strategy place and just give the remaining 3% and the goal is score, unlike Messi which he works for the team ,he has many assist, many passes,many dribbles etc...

The facts is Messi CONTRIBUTES to the team success, while team contribute to Ronaldo success.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Room For Ronaldo - The Top 10 Dribblers In The Champions League by kliq(m): 5:35pm On May 06, 2015
No Iniesta
Re: No Room For Ronaldo - The Top 10 Dribblers In The Champions League by Krasid(m): 5:39pm On May 06, 2015
kliq:
No Iniesta
Iniesta will turn 31 in 5 days time.He is old and less effective.
Re: No Room For Ronaldo - The Top 10 Dribblers In The Champions League by Krasid(m): 5:49pm On May 06, 2015
Segadem:
This is not hatred, the man just say the whole truth, Ronaldo is reaping from the 97% goal bound ,all he just need is to be at a strategy place and just give the remaining 3% and the goal is score, unlike Messi which he works for the team ,he has many assist, many passes,many dribbles etc...

The facts is Messi CONTRIBUTES to the team success, while team contribute to Ronaldo success.
You think it's easy to just be at a strategic position and score 50+ goals every season? You have forgotten that they is something called an offside trap and a linesman in football.If it's so easy, why do so many top strikers have less than 30 goals this season.To score that amount of goals you need to be a Phenomenal finisher, have great positioning, and be an expert in losing your marker.Ronaldo has 21 assists so far this season, tell me 5 other players in europe's top 5 leagues that has more.

4 Likes

Re: No Room For Ronaldo - The Top 10 Dribblers In The Champions League by Segadem(m): 5:54pm On May 06, 2015
crownprince102:

We are in era of system that gives kudos to the scorers alone which I disagree with.
Ronaldo is a good player,no doubt or argument about that ,but he is reaping from the best backups,let Ronaldo and Messi go to smaller club like QPR or Leicester city and see who is going to shine, that's why Ronaldo will always struggle at big stage without strong backups when is playing for national team(I.e. 2010 world cup and 2014 world cup).

Facts: Messi CONTRIBUTES to the team success, while TEAM contribute to Ronaldo success.

4 Likes

Re: No Room For Ronaldo - The Top 10 Dribblers In The Champions League by kliq(m): 6:00pm On May 06, 2015
Krasid:
Iniesta will turn 31 in 5 days time.He is old and less effective.

Old at 31?

He's still a better ball handler than most on the list,only setback is he plays for a loaded Barca side hence fewer playing time.
Re: No Room For Ronaldo - The Top 10 Dribblers In The Champions League by Segadem(m): 6:02pm On May 06, 2015
Krasid:
You think it's easy to just be at a strategic position and score 50+ goals every season? You have forgotten that they is something called an offside trap and a linesman in football.If it's so easy, why do so many top strikers have less than 30 goals this season.To score that amount of goals you need to be a Phenomenal finisher, have great position, and be an expert in losing your marker.Ronaldo has 21 assists so far this season, tell me 5 other players in europe's top 5 leagues that has more.
I'm not debating whether is great player or not ,everybody knows that he is a great player,but the difference between him and messi is very clear, team depend on messi for its success while Ronaldo depends on his team for his success(goals).

7 Likes

Re: No Room For Ronaldo - The Top 10 Dribblers In The Champions League by Krasid(m): 6:15pm On May 06, 2015
Segadem:
I'm not debating whether is great player or not ,everybody knows that he is a great player,but the difference between him and messi is very clear, team depend on messi for its success while Ronaldo depends on his team for his success(goals).
And that's why he also has the highest assists for his team.Checkout Madrid's games in knockout stages of the UCL; scored 3 of the 5 goals for Madrid in the R16, assisted Madrid's only goal in the q-final, and gave Madrid a lifeline by scoring their only goal in the semi-final 1st leg.But it's Ronaldo who depend on his team and Messi who the team depends on? It's ok to praise messi or say that he's better, but don't belittle CR7 in the process.That's what you and the other guy that criticised him did.

3 Likes

Re: No Room For Ronaldo - The Top 10 Dribblers In The Champions League by Krasid(m): 6:20pm On May 06, 2015
kliq:

Old at 31?

He's still a better ball handler than most on the list,only setback is he plays for a loaded Barca side hence fewer playing time.
The more you attempt dribbling once you are 30+, the likelier that you will be fouled and the more injury prone you become.That's not a good idea if you want to extend your footballing career.

1 Like

Re: No Room For Ronaldo - The Top 10 Dribblers In The Champions League by Krasid(m): 6:28pm On May 06, 2015
Segadem:
We are in era of system that gives kudos to the scorers alone which I disagree with.
Ronaldo is a good player,no doubt or argument about that ,but he is reaping from the best backups,let Ronaldo and Messi go to smaller club like QPR or Leicester city and see who is going to shine, that's why Ronaldo will always struggle at big stage without strong backups when is playing for national team(I.e. 2010 world cup and 2014 world cup).

Facts: Messi CONTRIBUTES to the team success, while TEAM contribute to Ronaldo success.
Messi is the one who will be affected if they go to another club because he has been in a Barca system for his entire footballing career.Meanwhile CR left the EPL a legend, and in 6 seasons in Spain he is already a legend.Point of correction, CR did not flop in the 2010WC, he finished all 3 group games as the MOTM and was unlucky to meet the eventual champions spain in the R16.Only a blind hater will refuse to agree he was injured at the 2014 WC.

2 Likes

Re: No Room For Ronaldo - The Top 10 Dribblers In The Champions League by Esdb3: 11:41pm On May 06, 2015
Krasid:

So neymar is short?? Eyah ronaldo's fan boys will say anythng to fight back

2 Likes

Re: No Room For Ronaldo - The Top 10 Dribblers In The Champions League by Esdb3: 11:43pm On May 06, 2015
Peterjosh:
May God bless this post and its source..This is very true
What point?! Neymar is a midget? masukasu a midget? Yaraco of monaco a midget?? Mtchww
Re: No Room For Ronaldo - The Top 10 Dribblers In The Champions League by Krasid(m): 11:44pm On May 06, 2015
Esdb3:

So neymar is short?? Eyah ronaldo's fan boys will say anythng to fight back
5ft 9in must be tall to you.
Re: No Room For Ronaldo - The Top 10 Dribblers In The Champions League by Esdb3: 11:50pm On May 06, 2015
Krasid:
You think it's easy to just be at a strategic position and score 50+ goals every season? You have forgotten that they is something called an offside trap and a linesman in football.If it's so easy, why do so many top strikers have less than 30 goals this season.To score that amount of goals you need to be a Phenomenal finisher, have great positioning, and be an expert in losing your marker.Ronaldo has 21 assists so far this season, tell me 5 other players in europe's top 5 leagues that has more.

Do you watch real madrid's fixtures? If you did you'll see what Ronaldo calls assists.

A long ball he can't score or control is given to him from a far distance, he drops it down for sm1 else and staggers off the field and voila! Ronaldo has an assist. Others assists are; he passes to his teammate after he has scored two or like the atl madrid quarter final assist to chicharito. Or I dare say he assists so he can't meet up with messi!
Re: No Room For Ronaldo - The Top 10 Dribblers In The Champions League by jnrbayano(m): 8:39am On May 07, 2015
Lionel Messi's dribbles count after Bayern masterclass last night will now be great distance away from the chasing pack.
Re: No Room For Ronaldo - The Top 10 Dribblers In The Champions League by jnrbayano(m): 9:18am On May 07, 2015
Krasid:
5ft 9in must be tall to you.

Ronaldinho was equally tall yet dribbled better than his diminutive colleagues.

1 Like

Re: No Room For Ronaldo - The Top 10 Dribblers In The Champions League by crownprince102: 10:21am On May 07, 2015
Yustash001:
Hate Ronaldo? The truth is always bitter. I guess you should have countered the point by saying it's a lie.

You watch Messi last night, that clearly defines complete player. I 'm not a fan of any of the two but Messi has done more than Ronaldo.

Ronaldo works harder than messi to gets goals and that's why he is somewhere near but the fact remains Messi is naturally talented than he is.
Re: No Room For Ronaldo - The Top 10 Dribblers In The Champions League by Krasid(m): 10:28am On May 07, 2015
Esdb3:

Do you watch real madrid's fixtures? If you did you'll see what Ronaldo calls assists.

A long ball he can't score or control is given to him from a far distance, he drops it down for sm1 else and staggers off the field and voila! Ronaldo has an assist. Others assists are; he passes to his teammate after he has scored two or like the atl madrid quarter final assist to chicharito. Or I dare say he assists so he can't meet up with messi!
Yes i do watch real madrid games and i see Ronaldo's assists.Like the one vs malaga where he beats his marker with a nice step over and pace and sets up Benzema for a tap in, or his no look backheel assist to Benz vs Granada and many more.Problem with people is that they compare him to Messi and are expecting him to dribble 4/5 players and give a through ball.Well, that's not happening cos they have different styles.Both still count as an assist, dribbling 4 players to set up a teammate does not make it 2 assists.

3 Likes

Re: No Room For Ronaldo - The Top 10 Dribblers In The Champions League by Krasid(m): 10:41am On May 07, 2015
Esdb3:

What point?! Neymar is a midget?
masukasu a midget?
Yaraco of monaco a midget?? Mtchww
All three players you mentioned there are below 25.Ronaldo is 30! Checkout the UCL top dribblers of the last 6 seasons.Ronaldo is 4th on the list behind Messi, Ribery, Hazard.Surely you don't expect a 30 year old 6ft 2in player to be dribbling about, unless you want him to retire early.

3 Likes

Re: No Room For Ronaldo - The Top 10 Dribblers In The Champions League by seankafor(m): 10:46am On May 07, 2015
u guys been talking about driblinng, now what of skills? Who s better? Their is difference between a drbbler and a skillful player. Ronaldo is more of a skilful player than a dribbler, if u play footbal u will understand that to do ordinary leg over in a pitch is not easy, so when it comes to skills ronaldo flaws messi and all, except neymar who may be competing with him alittle bit

1 Like

Re: No Room For Ronaldo - The Top 10 Dribblers In The Champions League by Krasid(m): 11:01am On May 07, 2015
seankafor:
u guys been talking about driblinng, now what of skills? Who s better? Their is difference between a drbbler and a skillful player. Ronaldo is more of a skilful player than a dribbler, if u play footbal u will understand that to do ordinary leg over in a pitch is not easy, so when it comes to skills ronaldo flaws messi and all, except neymar who may be competing with him alittle bit
True!
Re: No Room For Ronaldo - The Top 10 Dribblers In The Champions League by Arsenate(m): 11:44am On May 07, 2015
an absolute abomination to be calling messi and ronaldo in the same sentence....seriously
top goal scorer....top assister....most completed dribbles....most chances created....an all round footballer. i am grateful to GOD for giving me the privilege to watch the greatest footballer of all time.
to all you MESSI haters..it really sucks to be you
MESSI IS A FOOTBALL god

3 Likes

Re: No Room For Ronaldo - The Top 10 Dribblers In The Champions League by jnrbayano(m): 2:12pm On May 07, 2015
Arsenate:
an absolute abomination to be calling messi and ronaldo in the same sentence....seriously
top goal scorer....top assister....most completed dribbles....most chances created....an all round footballer. i am grateful to GOD for giving me the privilege to watch the greatest footballer of all time.
to all you MESSI haters..it really sucks to be you
MESSI IS A FOOTBALL god

When people compare the two I seriously wonder what's the matter with them.
Re: No Room For Ronaldo - The Top 10 Dribblers In The Champions League by jnrbayano(m): 2:29pm On May 07, 2015
seankafor:

Dribbling is a part of skill, it's subset if you like

Dribbling Skill is highlighted in this page and clearly Messi is in the clear by a country mile.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Manchester City Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 25th November 2023 / Swansea City Vs Arsenal (0 - 4) On 14th January 2017 / Premier League Suspends Broadcast Deal With Russia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.